gamescom 2017: What's happening on stage?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
If you plan on visiting us at gamescom, find some useful information about our events. At home, you can enjoy several livestreams to not miss anything!

Full news text

HansGriger #2 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 0 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Cool hope it will be a nice event but as always it seems like something is missing in the schedule cant quite put my finger on it though:rolleyes:

CheefCoach #3 Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 778 battles
  • [S__B] S__B
There is no World of Warplanes on that schedule. 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

maxram68 #4 Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 0 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Yeah - as mentioned above: You got no WoWp-event, despite having several sessions of WoT (mainly) and a bit of WoWs.

You couldn't even squeeze in just a single 20 min. session for PLANES in your extremely busy schedule?? Not even ONE, tiny, little, goddamned event ??

I assume WG instead will be present at Battle for Britain in Duxford late next month ? 

If you do, be prepared to meet a bunch of old geezers from COSTS...

Edited by maxram68, 04 August 2017 - 10:36 PM.

NicramDuel #5 Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 275 battles
  • [PM101] PM101

"Fork you, dear WoWP community" has probably never been stated more clearly than with that schedule. 

... :'( 

My dear f-94, my darling Kostikov 302, my beloved IL-10M...I still love you, even if no one else does...

*stumbles into his hangar, gently pats the silent giants, hoping they will not fall silent for good*

jakub_czyli_ja #6 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 260 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Come on, why to promote WoWP? And how?

WoWP is too hard to show it to a random nobody - tier X with a WG_Gamescom_XX nick would get instafocus not even from players, but from bots, as it would fly like a sheep without any clue about packing and altitude.

Nothing good would go from such action, exactly as from previous ones.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

kristermann #7 Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [-JFF] -JFF

View Postmaxram68, on 04 August 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Yeah - as mentioned above: You got no WoWp-event, despite having several sessions of WoT (mainly) and a bit of WoWs.

You couldn't even squeeze in just a single 20 min. session for PLANES in your extremely busy schedule?? Not even ONE, tiny, little, goddamned event ??

I assume WG instead will be present at Battle for Britain in Duxford late next month ? 

If you do, be prepared to meet a bunch of old geezers from COSTS...

Fat chance of that. Never seen them at any airshows in the UK. Might be going to the BoB @ Duxford in September myself, will hit you guys up if I am :)

CLISSEFIGE #8 Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

League Champion

• Beta Tester
  • 88 battles
They were present in....2014 at la Ferté Alais airshow if im correct. I also think that not showing wow because tiers x would be too difficult is not relevant.

Hulahup... barbatruc                                                                                               

jakub_czyli_ja #9 Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 260 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Well, you can get WoT, you can give a tier X to anybody who more or less knows how to point'n'click, and with durability of tier X heavy tank that anybody will do something. Will shot once or twice, and since most probably will be loaded with gold ammo, as there is no tomorrow on exposition, will penetrate and maybe even kill something, and will live long enough to watch explosions, falling trees and stuff.

Similar in ships - tier X BBs are awfully resistant, big HP pool, have repair etc.

In planes - they die as any other plane, a bit longer because of HP, but hit something is really hard for somebody who plays very first time.

So how to show WoWP? Movies from youtube only to get an expectations vs reality meme?

Despite what WG thought few years ago, they aren't tanks with wings.

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

NicramDuel #10 Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 275 battles
  • [PM101] PM101

A temporary server would probably (have) be(en) the solution, or a temporary game-mod, where those checking into the game at the con would be kept separate from both us and the bots (as default). No sealclubbers to feast on them, and no bots that have been scripted to be a worthy AI to an average, yet seasoned player. A small el-halluf sandbox for them at t1-t2, and a bigger sandbox at t8-t9-t10 would allow them to both see the basic concepts, and check out what's in store for them at the high-end spectrum. 

jakub_czyli_ja #11 Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 260 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
And in such case, after free sample, some of them would install WoWP and would met  "expectations vs reality".

_Desper #12 Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 317 battles

Why they even trolling us with Gamescom if WoWP isn't there?  Which means that new mode and WoWP 2.0 is not ready to show on public. 

WoWP needs more love from Wargaming, this whole "abandoned child" and "let's forget we ever made WoWP"  stage should end and game should get back on track. 

Looks at WT they added full PVE coop mode vs boots which are brain dead, the AI fly from A to B and not even shooting, just sitting ducks, there is crap reward so noone play that but that doesn't matter. Anyway why WoWP needs skilled bots deciding battles for live players? Can we have at least shared credits with WoT so playing WoWP would have at least some purpose? 

jakub_czyli_ja #13 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 260 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Post_Desper, on 09 August 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:

Can we have at least shared credits with WoT so playing WoWP would have at least some purpose?

Free exp and gold is shared, as well as premium time from tokens, so there is some purpose.

OTOH after gathering enough free exp and tokens, there is very few time left to play tanks.

Gremorian #14 Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 912 battles
  • [LLV24] LLV24

I know you have only a mere small fraction of company's staff working to create content to World of Warplanes, than you have invested to your other products. But you are missing 1/3rd of potential revenue just by neglecting to promote one of your products in events like this, and that is bad business management.

This makes us as your customers mad and not wanting to support WG products as clearly your staff fails to support one of your own product as well.

CLISSEFIGE #15 Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

League Champion

• Beta Tester
  • 88 battles
I guess they wont comm until 2.0 is released

Hulahup... barbatruc                                                                                               

HALL_OF_FAKE #16 Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View PostCommunity, on 04 August 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

If you plan on visiting us at gamescom, find some useful information about our events. At home, you can enjoy several livestreams to not miss anything!
<a href="http://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/gamescom2017-stage-schedule/">Full news text</a>

Hello,

What is the interest of that gamescom schedule for a wowp customer ?

thanks

:coin:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users