I don't know what equipment to use in Spitfire XIV

What is your suggestions

Thanks

jakub_czyli_ja #2 Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 19245 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

What makes Spit XIV so different from other planes?

If you don't know, don't use any.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

SawnOffLockie #3 Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 19386 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Whilst I have some sympathy with Jakub's position (in that if you've reached tier 8 then you should have some idea by now), we all need a bit of help from time to time ;-)

As the Spit has the guns in the wing, it generally benefits from the gun sight due to the greater dispersion compared to nose mounted guns. After that I'd say that it  is down to your personal preference  and play style whether you go for more speed and power (polish and engine), manoeuvrability, or a combination of the two.

Edited by SawnOffLockie, 12 August 2017 - 09:24 AM.

0viking0 #4 Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 18020 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

This is what I use on almost every Spitfire (and on the most turn fighters). I dont say that this should be standard... Its just what I use. With this combination of equipment and pilot skills I survive longer in battles... 

maxram68 #5 Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 24836 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Something similar as viking mentions + a pilot with a few more skill points.

I have to admit I'm not having top-guns on all Spitfire's (on the XIV it's a must, however), - it's a matter of personal preference and a bit of experimentation, I guess...

jakub_czyli_ja #6 Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 19245 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Since question changed - for me Spitfires are utter crap - very low durability, poor armament, poor speed, only maneuverability is a bit above average - still Japan planes and some Sovier fighters kill Spits as they wish (really unpleasant surprise for Spit pilots), they don't deserve any gold-demountable equipment.

So engine tuning, gunsight, self sealing fuel tank, and after developing next plane in the tree - demount for free and selling the plane.

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

0viking0 #7 Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 18020 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 12 August 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Since question changed - for me Spitfires are utter crap - very low durability, poor armament, poor speed, only maneuverability is a bit above average

Oh cmon... really? Spits are awesome...

Edited by 0viking0, 12 August 2017 - 09:26 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #8 Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 19245 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Maybe against bots.

Against humans they suck, again turnfighters as well as against energy fighters, because they can't do both, jacks of all trades, masters of nothing.

omglaserspewpew #9 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13236 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

Speed > turning at mid and high tiers in this game, so I put engine and polish on it, plus gun sight. You need juice to catch HFs, which spits are perfectly capable of doing if you know how. Putting maneuvering equipement on planes only works on tiers 1-4 in my experience. Otherwise, it's pretty much useless, because you need to stack it to see any effect, and you can't really catch a break, unlike when you can run away.

I'd say only Spit V at T6 is a truly mediocre plane, others can work really well and are enjoyable to play. They have some big drawbacks - for me it's huge wings that are prone to being hit and crit - but if you have the required awareness, you can make them work. I'd even go as far as to say that Spit XIV is a tad better plane than Seafang, because it has a lot better responsiveness.

jakub_czyli_ja #10 Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 19245 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Stats don't confirm that Spit is better than Seafang - in last 2 weeks Spit has 51,73% WR while Seafang 53,6%.

Due to low speed Spitfire's only option is turnfight while better Seafang speed and still great maneuverability, only barely worse than Spitfire's, give Seafang more options.

0viking0 #11 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 18020 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Very interesting to see a lot of different opinions. From my perspective... speed equipment brings nothing to this plane... You still cant catch anything or run away... its just not that type of plane. I see maneuvering and good positioning in the battle the way to play almost any Spitfire. Higher than the rest of the turnfighters... but always avoiding energy battles with Mustangs, Bfs and or HFs.

Edited by 0viking0, 13 August 2017 - 03:42 PM.

0viking0 #12 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 18020 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 13 August 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

Stats don't confirm that Spit is better than Seafang - in last 2 weeks Spit has 51,73% WR while Seafang 53,6%.

Due to low speed Spitfire's only option is turnfight while better Seafang speed and still great maneuverability, only barely worse than Spitfire's, give Seafang more options.

Seafang is overall much better plane. No doubt about it. But its not like the Spit t8 is useless... I like both of them... but yes... Seafang gives You more ways to play.

Edited by 0viking0, 13 August 2017 - 03:46 PM.

omglaserspewpew #13 Posted Yesterday, 01:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13236 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 13 August 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

1. You can't directly compare an ordinary and a T8 premium plane, because the latter isn't as available, and is more present among better players, who either knew which good premium to buy, or got the plane in the special. Your conclusion is plain wrong.

2. You should stop judging planes by the paper stats. Spit XIV has very similar engine behaviour to Seafang, no matter what stats say. I know how both planes behave and what I can do with both of them. Engine differences are negligible.

jakub_czyli_ja #14 Posted Yesterday, 09:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 19245 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 15 August 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

1. You can't directly compare an ordinary and a T8 premium plane, because the latter isn't as available, and is more present among better players, who either knew which good premium to buy, or got the plane in the special. Your conclusion is plain wrong.

I can. First - because fights between Seafangs and Spitfires XIV happen.

And 2nd - at least on RU server Seafang is available for purchase just out of tech tree. I can't verify this on EU server because I already have it, but at one of previous discussions somebody who doesn't stated that Seafang is available also on EU.

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 15 August 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

2. You should stop judging planes by the paper stats. Spit XIV has very similar engine behaviour to Seafang, no matter what stats say. I know how both planes behave and what I can do with both of them. Engine differences are negligible.

And here comes 3rd reason that I can compare them - as I wrote above, I have Seafang. And I know that flying it properly I can kill Spitfire, exactly because Spitfire has very limited energy fighting capabilities.

And this belief is visible in stats.

Both Seafang and Spitfire have engine with the same optimal altitude and same armament. Can't check dispersion and overheat times on 3d gamemodels since access to tier VIII is restricted.

Spitfire has a bit better stall speed and overall maneuverability (except roll), and here advantages over Seafang end.

On the other side Seafang has a bit more powerful engine, which may result with better altitude performance above optimal, is faster at every altitude (maybe except extremely high when stall speed matter), and dives faster.

And has a bit more hitpoints.

And from my perception Seafang is also more durable - Spitfires eat damage like crazy, Seafangs like normal metal built planes.

So as it was described before - Seafang destroys Spitfire using better energy accumulating and handling. Visible in battles and visible in stats.

Edited by jakub_czyli_ja, Yesterday, 09:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users