New Launcher....FAIL. Customer Support......FAIL

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

cerveau #1 Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1211 battles

Anyone used the new All in one launcher ?

I downloaded and installed it,  but when I run it, it wont even locate the installation of World of Warplanes already

installed on my PC.

I contacted the customer support and got BOT responses about sending them LOG files....

and about Opening ports on my router...

When the problem is the new launcher cant even scan my HD to find the WOWP client.

Anyone got this launcher to work ?  or had siimlar problems ?

CorridorXYZ #2 Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

Senior Airman

• 380 battles
Tried it yesterday and had the exact same problem, so just uninstalled it and used the old launcher, so if it's mandatory, i guess i won't be playing anymore,  i don't play that much anyway

maxram68 #3 Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 25315 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postcerveau, on 26 August 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

I downloaded and installed it,  but when I run it, it wont even locate the installation of World of Warplanes already

installed on my PC.

I contacted the customer support and got BOT responses about sending them LOG files....

When the problem is the new launcher cant even scan my HD to find the WOWP client.

The usual "competence" os support, I guess...

...and IF you waste time getting the logs and open the ports, they'll ask you another question in return, - f.ex. uninstall mods, clear cache, reinstall game(s) etc.etc.

It seems to be common tactics most of the time for tech support, unfortunately.

In relation to the launcher itself: I never had any problems with it.

It got shoveled onto my harddrive - without an option to decline - during the 1st test of WoWp 2.0 (aka. "Conquest..."). But unlike 2.0 the launcher worked from day 1.

I got the various Wo...-games installed in their default locations (C:\games\...).

OldJoe #4 Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18989 battles
  • [PRT] PRT

I basically can't complain about the launcher. It works.

The only thing I don't like is the inability to include the test server clients. I contacted support but got some "another team is responsible for test clients" excuse. I mean - what other are the test clients than another region client. And you can add those without problem....

cerveau #5 Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1211 battles

View Postmaxram68, on 27 August 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

The usual "competence" os support, I guess...

...and IF you waste time getting the logs and open the ports, they'll ask you another question in return, - f.ex. uninstall mods, clear cache, reinstall game(s) etc.etc.

It seems to be common tactics most of the time for tech support, unfortunately.

In relation to the launcher itself: I never had any problems with it.

It got shoveled onto my harddrive - without an option to decline - during the 1st test of WoWp 2.0 (aka. "Conquest..."). But unlike 2.0 the launcher worked from day 1.

I got the various Wo...-games installed in their default locations (C:\games\...).

Thanks for the responses.

I note your last line ------ "I got the various Wo...-games installed in their default locations (C:\games\...)."

I do not have any clients installed in their default locations.  I kind of assumed this was the problem because of the nature of

the error message I was getting when the launcher couldn;t locate WOWP.

Pretty sloppy programing if the launcher only looks in the default install location ie C drive.

The last advice they gave was If i have more then one HD partition then I need to run the Disk Defragmenter.

At that point I just gave up.

Ive uninstalled their new launcher, Ill have to wait and see what happens when they force it on us in September.

WOWP 2.0 ??  Where can I play this ?  Is there a webpage with more info ?  Is it close to rollout ?

Thanks again.

Edited by cerveau, 28 August 2017 - 11:10 AM.

maxram68 #6 Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 25315 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postcerveau, on 28 August 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

The last advice they gave was If i have more then one HD partition then I need to run the Disk Defragmenter.

At that point I just gave up.

I would have done the same....ROFL!

View Postcerveau, on 28 August 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

WOWP 2.0 ??  Where can I play this ?  Is there a webpage with more info ?  Is it close to rollout ?

Re. 2.0: You can't play it atm., - there's no test running currently.

WG normally posts about testing of "things" (f.ex. 2.0) in the news section here on forum.

You sometimes need to sign up, which was the case for 2.0. So keep an eye on "News".

To answer your last question: After the last test-phase, I honestly hope WG took a few steps back and took a very, very critical look on what they were about to do... I also hope they read all the feedback they got, and possibly fix some of the things suggested, before making another test of 2.0.

Can't go further into that, sorry.

Edited by maxram68, 28 August 2017 - 02:54 PM.

Didoguard #7 Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 2792 battles
Got the 3 Wo... games on a separate HDD used only for movies and games. Installed the launcher a month back. Still haven't got any problems with it. As usual some have issues , other don't. Hope they fix it for others like yourself.

cerveau #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1211 battles

Ok the new launcher is now mandatory. the old launcher only allowed me to download and install the new version, I could do nothing else, which I did.

And its doing exactly what it did before........same error messages, same could not find your install of WOWP. blah blah.

So, not even bothering to contact support this time.

It has to be just my PC as there are no other posts about this problem. So i guess thats it for me being actually able to play anymore.

Bye

fugepilot #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3022 battles

Just had a similar unfortunate experience. Tried to play and the launcher pulls down a mini-patch, I install the mandatory game-centre and surprise . . .  it has Russian acryllic text !!! 

AT present WoT and WoWs are still working as they were but how long till they are co-opted into this new crap system?

I fear the worst.  :(

jnishar #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 1896 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View Postcerveau, on 07 September 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Ok the new launcher is now mandatory. the old launcher only allowed me to download and install the new version, I could do nothing else, which I did.

And its doing exactly what it did before........same error messages, same could not find your install of WOWP. blah blah.

So, not even bothering to contact support this time.

It has to be just my PC as there are no other posts about this problem. So i guess thats it for me being actually able to play anymore.

Bye

just press play again and it should find it. atleast it did that for me

cerveau #11 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1211 battles

View Postjnishar, on 07 September 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

just press play again and it should find it. atleast it did that for me

Thanks for the reply but there is no PLAY button as the new launcher states that WOWP is not installed.

My WOWP worked fine before with the old launcher.

At present the new launcher says that WOWP is not installed

No matter how different ways I try to force it to find my working install of WOWP, the search always fails.

Ive tried dragging the shortcut to the box as per the instructtions the launcher gives.

Ive tried manually drilling down through files and folders to select the WOWP install folder as per the launcher instructions.

All this fails and the new launcher simply refuses to accept that I have WOWP even installed.

I can run the WOWP.exe file directly totally bypassing the launcher but this method only allows Medium graphics and not the HD graphics I use and even this will stop as soon as they release any sort of update or patch because I have no way to download it.

Edited by cerveau, 07 September 2017 - 10:58 PM.

jnishar #12 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 1896 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View Postcerveau, on 07 September 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply but there is no PLAY button as the new launcher states that WOWP is not installed.

My WOWP worked fine before with the old launcher.

At present the new launcher says that WOWP is not installed

No matter how different ways I try to force it to find my working install of WOWP, the search always fails.

Ive tried dragging the shortcut to the box as per the instructtions the launcher gives.

Ive tried manually drilling down through files and folders to select the WOWP install folder as per the launcher instructions.

All this fails and the new launcher simply refuses to accept that I have WOWP even installed.

I can run the WOWP.exe file directly totally bypassing the launcher but this method only allows Medium graphics and not the HD graphics I use and even this will stop as soon as they release any sort of update or patch because I have no way to download it.

have you tried and shut it down then restart it ? 

cerveau #13 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:20 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1211 battles

of course - same result.

I have WOWP on my F Drive.

Ive tried installing the new launcher in its default location on the C drive

Ive tried installing the new launcher on the F drive

Even tried installing the new launcher inside my WOWP folder on the F drive

and of course Ive rebooted many times.

Doesnt make any difference, the launcher is unable to find WOWP

I simply refuse to installed WOWP on my C drive as that is a small SSD drive only used for the OS files.

I have 100s of games installed on various drives from D to J and they function completely fine.

OldJoe #14 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18989 battles
  • [PRT] PRT

just make a permanent symlink on your C drive and the launcher never knows, that your game is on another drive:

use shell with administrator rights>  mklink /D [new path, eg C:\games\WoWp] [old path]

cerveau #15 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1211 battles

View PostOldJoe, on 08 September 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

just make a permanent symlink on your C drive and the launcher never knows, that your game is on another drive:

use shell with administrator rights>  mklink /D [new path, eg C:\games\WoWp] [old path]

Thanks, I never thought of that, I tried it but it didnt work either.

I have a second PC, which Is not good for games, but I installed the launcher there and it worked first time.....

So its something on my gaming PC :(

I do use a separate network card, not the inbuilt port on the mobo.

The launcher shows the WOWP button, ie Press to install wowp  but that fails saying it cannot connect to the server.

So the launcher thinks its not even connected to the internet at all.

when I look at the logs there is this line.

ERROR | 11616  | 08 10:49:35.583 | [R0002] Request [GET http://wguswgc-eu.wa...C.EU.PRODUCTION (iteration 1)] failed; Host wguswgc-eu.wargaming.net not found(); Error 3; Elapsed 391 ms

All the lines relating to connecting to    http://wguswgc-eu.wargaming.net    all fail.

I dont know if the launcher just doesnt like my network card.  it would be the first application that didnt though.

Something is preventing the launcher from scanning my hd, or connecting to the internet.

It works on my 2nd PC  which is the same windows10, same AntiVirus and same router.

the only hardware differnce is my 2nd PC uses the standard mobo network port.

But I cant see this making a difference.

Obviously Sometime in the past Ive messed about with some setting.... and the launcher doesnt like it.

thanks for the all help but Im just gonna leave it for now.

fugepilot #16 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3022 battles

Sorted!

Uninstalled the Russian version of Gamecentre, downloaded and installed the English one from Wargaming EU portal, deleted the old desktop launcher icons and all seems good now.  :)

Ph3lan #17 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff
  • 38 battles
  • [1-UP] 1-UP

Hey guys!

Maybe you already tried this but just in case:

Run the Game Center -> Click the All games Tab -> Click Import Installed Games -> Select you WoWP folder

If this doesn't work please let me know and I'll poke our CS guys about this issue.

cerveau #18 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1211 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 12 September 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

Hey guys!

Maybe you already tried this but just in case:

Run the Game Center -> Click the All games Tab -> Click Import Installed Games -> Select you WoWP folder

If this doesn't work please let me know and I'll poke our CS guys about this issue.

Honestly...... DID YOU READ MY POST AT ALL...................

Ok ill try to calm down...

When I click on " Import games"  I get the message "Unable to find games etc etc etc"

So I then use the "SELECT FOLDER" button to navigate to the WOWP or WOWT folders. both give this message.

"No supported game was found in folder "%1"

Nothing in the launcher works at all.  My launcher shows 4 pictures for WOWP, WOWS, WOWT and Total Arena

but none of them connect to your servers. Importing my installs dont work. Nothing works,

OK Seeing as you READING MY WORDS has no affect at all Ive been forced to do a video.....

(Forgive my poor Masking skill...........)

At the end of the failed launcher I then log into WOWT just to show that the old launcher still works.

Edited by cerveau, 13 September 2017 - 01:02 AM.

Tsar301 #19 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

Airman Basic

• 868 battles

well for me it a ALPHA not beta as the programmers

done by two year old monkeys

windows freezes twenty times just tring to up date ships

tanks in ok but freezes and CASHES windows

ships might update one year from now if lucky

and as for planes

which was in and working ok with this crap thing now needs a 7.5 gig update WTF !!!!!!!

this is total fing crap

oh yes did do a  ticket and got reply too which was TOTAL crap

as there are  NO  crash files in ay of there folders

nice work by WG

for this FU*KING crap peice of NOOB prog

Technocrat_Prime #20 Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 11455 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

View Postcerveau, on 26 August 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

installed on my PC.

​Works flawlessly for me. So it must be you, not WG, I assume.

NON NOBIS DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users