Version 2.0

• Please log in to reply
491 replies to this topic

xk120 #201 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 27741 battles
  • [A_D] A_D

I think it was already time to make some radical change. The game had long been the same veteran playground that dominated the whole game. They shooting down who they wanted and always with the same tactics. The game was 1.9 version stalled in place. Now these veterans weep when their playground is destroyed and a new play should be learned. They have lost all their "glory" and are unable to adapt to change.

I like this new version. It is much more entertaining to play. Here, you can not hide and kill another player higher than others can go. This version forces players to be active. I also like that the list of players is not visible - I will not be in a situation that is subject to individual hunting. I also like that artificial intelligence aircraft do not decide so strongly which team win automatically.

This is the question of whether you want (can you?) learn new things.

Edited by xk120, 12 October 2017 - 09:10 AM.

all_inclusiv #202 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 28212 battles
  • [-DKO-] -DKO-
Hi friends,
If it is only about the money so far, I am also willing to pay 50 euros in the year in addition only so I can continue the old game.
Assuming everyone pays 50 euros per year to the server to finance, would have to be an incentive for WG to continue the game in the old mode.
Only a idea ?????

I want my game back. now

in deep sorrow
all_inclusiv

Suppo4free #203 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 23691 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

View PostPriolia, on 17 March 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

We have analyzed your reports and feedback carefully :

Players are very enthusiastic about the introduction of the new game mode

Overall atmosphere of an intensive aerial battle is achieved

don't forget to say thx (by PM if you want) to Priolia "Mrs Wowp Supertest" who wrote this

devs are employees, and they are able to do a good job

Jonagus #204 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 34883 battles

xk120 if you are so ******* to really belive what you say it is ok with me, but you should show respect for the game mates who are giving diferent opinions and dont discualified their opinions the way you did. You are speculating about the reasons why a vast number of players are saying the v2.0 is a crap, you say they are so and so, maybe it is easy the game is is a big crap, just like that, so simple.

Jona1959

Revan_Tiberius #205 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 3424 battles
  • [N2-DT] N2-DT

Technically xk120 is only giving his opinion as well.

Check_Six #206 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 30972 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

View Postwlatopa, on 12 October 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

If i was the chief,all developers should be fired and send to take potatoes in the fields.

Premium potatoes ? :sceptic:

"L'hélice n'est qu'un gros ventilateur. C'est quand elle s'arrête que le pilote commence à transpirer.."

"Propeller is nothing else than a fan. When it stops spinning, the pilot start to sweat.."

megace4 #207 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 28723 battles
  • [_BRO] _BRO

Amidst talks about the issue,I should think XK120´s opinion is something precious. `cause i love to wear the same shoes as his´. Indeed,the former version was exciting and thrilling, but was not always a fun and delight esp. when certain players(s) keep chasing you and me from start to end.  I used to call them kind of psycho, they´d call me so, too.  lol   A bad feeling can remain after the game for both.i don´t like it,too..

cheers to XK120 and to others,

Check_Six #208 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 30972 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

Fully agree with all players comments here ... WG did a huge mistake with 2.0 ... most of us paid for premium planes, or account. Why ? for just one thing : U love this game, u give some money because it deserve it...

and it did ...

Thanks Wargaming for ruining the game. I hope you will make the same mistakes with Tanks or warships. I'm sure the community of those games will be pleased like we are actually ...

We don't have to go far to see if the grass is greener elsewhere...  :coin:

"L'hélice n'est qu'un gros ventilateur. C'est quand elle s'arrête que le pilote commence à transpirer.."

"Propeller is nothing else than a fan. When it stops spinning, the pilot start to sweat.."

dreambill #209 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 13602 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

Conquest objectives could have been implemented without destroying the flight models, and UI of the old game. Also it could run alongside as a second option.

But the direct comparison may have prove to developers things that don't want to see, so elimination of the old is imperative to them.

Horcan #210 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4624 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

I did some more matches and this patch seems to grow a bit on me, and think its not that bad afterall. We have to admit, there is a significant increase of time you are fighting than that in which you just mindlesly fly to the next area where something is happening. You now get to do something every single game, compared to before , where you spent like 5 minutes of dead time ( waiting for battle, fly to middle etc ) then picking a target but suddenly 2-3 more planes that you didnt saw appear behind you and you die in 2 sec, without getting to shoot. repeat that 3-4 times in a row, and you could understand why new people were frustrated and quit playing this game.

Planes were sort of brought closer to each other, yes, you can still play your preffered OP heavy fighter , go in stratosphere and BZ one by one idiots who try to chase you, but you can be sure that if enough dont do it (and from what i saw in games i played they dont ), they will cap the crapout of you and you will lose faster than before, forcing you to get down and fight, or not climb up in the first place.

Graphically it seems to be a downgrade, but the proportions of the building looks better, especially when you fly closer to the ground, you feel like flying through a base , not stepping on  your little bro LEGO houses. Lets give them time cause i guess its a rushed version because people were impatient and textures/HD graphics can come later, as well as sounds.

The only thing that should be reverted is the flight model, it just doesnt feel like flying anymore, even when you stall is different , you just fall like a rock now going spiral ( like Nine Inch nails and this game :) ). Or at least make a compromise, split the game in two model , one like this for begginers ( without flaps, bomb view aim assist etc ) and standard/realistic mode with the old model. This way you would both attract new people/noobs and keep your old players happy.

spanjo #211 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 2478 battles
Congrats with 2.0.....game is totaly *Edited now :((((((((((

Edited by Nohe21, 12 October 2017 - 11:05 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Revan_Tiberius #212 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:58 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 3424 battles
  • [N2-DT] N2-DT
Guys cheer up, just think its a brand new game to start playing lol.

0viking0 #213 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 19129 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postdreambill, on 12 October 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Conquest objectives could have been implemented without destroying the flight models, and UI of the old game. Also it could run alongside as a second option.

/\/\  THIS  /\ /\
There were numerous ways to improve existing game... Ruining the flight model was the worst pick.

DoomHerald #214 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Airman Basic

• Conquest Member
  • 3476 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

I also think this mode is not that bad, but it would be better if the previous one, standard battles, was still available. The new one needs some tweaks:

* sound - when forcing the engine, when u r set on fire or have knocked out a crew member

* the old aiming circle that leads the enemy

* bombing view is not working for AA, dunno about the new class

Needs also bugs removal - game crashes or unable to control the plane from the start of the battle.

Edited by DoomHerald, 12 October 2017 - 11:30 AM.

xmacak #215 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Airman Basic

• 11634 battles
  • [DITO] DITO
Even better, rename this new WOWp 2.0 to WOWp - Kiddie planes

Bertiux #216 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

EU Producer

• WG Staff
  • 851 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hello everyone,

We completely respect all of your opinions about the new update (as long as they are expressed respectfully), and quite frankly, believe me that I do understand some of your points and your concerns. The development team, and all Wargaming employees in general, is full of dedicated gamers that love World of Warplanes as much as you do, so we have a pretty good idea of why some of you are not fully satisfied with the new build.

You guys have dedicated countless hours and played thousands of battles in the previous 1.x mode, and now we are asking you to play something that feels different, which keeps the essence of World of Warplanes, but which introduces big changes in multiples areas of the game. That’s why you can rightfully be upset if the new game mode doesn’t click for you.

Under no circumstance we want to silence or ignore your criticism: you have every right to guide us through the development path that you consider the right one. All we ask is to have it channeled in a constructive manner, so we can benefit from it and keep improving the game.

This said, why 2.0? We have felt that WoWP needs a major update for quite a long time. We have to evolve the game further so that it provides more interesting, exciting and rewarding experience, while making it more accessible to a wider player base. That’s why we made WoWP 2.0. And the results we got from all the open/limited/focus and other tests show that we are on the right track (please consider paying a visit to the North American and Russian dedicated threads, before assuming that this statement is false – and that’s just about the visible feedback, it doesn’t include focus, limited and internal tests). 

1.X has been a good, nearly niche and highly skill-dependent game, however it eventually crystallized into an ever-repeating dogfight experience, and that’s why we felt we need to move further and develop WoWP in another direction.

Over the course of the whole development life of the game (which is almost four years now since release), our dev team has put a lot of effort into every single iteration, always looking to improve the title and to bring new content that could make the game more exciting. 2.0 is not an exception to this approach: it has been designed to implement a more complex game mode, with a deeper tactical approach where each class has a bigger impact on the course of the battle.

Changes are never easy, and obviously, a game cannot please every single player. That just doesn’t exist. What we ask you to keep an open mind with 2.0, as this patch is not the end, but only the beginning: we will keep releasing updates periodically, and we need your sincere and constructive feedback to make World of Warplanes a more enjoyable experience.

Just to share some of the most immediate little improvements, please note that we will bring back the flaps control, altimeter and horizon settings. In a longer term, we also plan to implement full bombers branches, and an additional game mode aimed for experienced players. Those are just a few of the multiple additions that we have planned: we have a great list of features to implement / areas to improve, which will be added in our game as we keep developing it, and in order to identify the most needed ones and the direction to take, we count on your constructive feedback.

Thank you for reading and for taking this suggestion into account.

Edited by Akriom, 12 October 2017 - 12:09 PM.

UBIUBIUBI #217 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Senior Airman

• 33355 battles
  • [CCR] CCR

View Postxk120, on 12 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

I think it was already time to make some radical change. The game had long been the same veteran playground that dominated the whole game. They shooting down who they wanted and always with the same tactics. The game was 1.9 version stalled in place. Now these veterans weep when their playground is destroyed and a new play should be learned. They have lost all their "glory" and are unable to adapt to change.

I like this new version. It is much more entertaining to play. Here, you can not hide and kill another player higher than others can go. This version forces players to be active. I also like that the list of players is not visible - I will not be in a situation that is subject to individual hunting. I also like that artificial intelligence aircraft do not decide so strongly which team win automatically.

This is the question of whether you want (can you?) learn new things.

ok, you like children's arcades,I respect that...God Bless

ElDefunes #218 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10801 battles

View PostBertiux, on 12 October 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Changes are never easy, and obviously, a game cannot please every single player. That just doesn’t exist. What we ask you to keep an open mind with 2.0, as this patch is not the end, but only the beginning: we will keep releasing updates periodically, and we need your sincere and constructive feedback to make World of Warplanes a more enjoyable experience.

Just to share some of the most immediate little improvements, please note that we will bring back the flaps control, altimeter and horizon settings. In a longer term, we also plan to implement full bombers branches, and an additional game mode aimed for experienced players. Those are just a few of the multiple additions that we have planned: we have a great list of features to implement / areas to improve, which will be added in our game as we keep developing it, and in order to identify the most needed ones and the direction to take, we count on your constructive feedback.

You understand nothing.

99% of the community say 2.0 is bad developed, over weeks on testserver. And you talk about "a game cannot please every single player." :facepalm:

And you tell us that Wargaming released a half game, and you will bring all the better features later?  You are serious?

To lunch a pre-beta game without content and features is the same as relunch a bad game.

Right track... *speechlees*  Show us the Feedback whi says you would be on the right track?   Nothing you will show, nothing you can show us.

HALL_OF_FAKE #219 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7614 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View PostBertiux, on 12 October 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

We completely respect all of your opinions about the new update (as long as they are expressed respectfully), and quite frankly, believe me that I do understand some of your points and your concerns. The development team, and all Wargaming employees in general, is full of dedicated gamers that love World of Warplanes as much as you do, so we have a pretty good idea of why some of you are not fully satisfied with the new build.

You guys have dedicated countless hours and played thousands of battles in the previous 1.x mode, and now we are asking you to play something that feels different, which keeps the essence of World of Warplanes, but which introduces big changes in multiples areas of the game. That’s why you can rightfully be upset if the new game mode doesn’t click for you.

Under no circumstance we want to silence or ignore your criticism: you have every right to guide us through the development path that you consider the right one. All we ask is to have it channeled in a constructive manner, so we can benefit from it and keep improving the game.

This said, why 2.0? We have felt that WoWP needs a major update for quite a long time. We have to evolve the game further so that it provides more interesting, exciting and rewarding experience, while making it more accessible to a wider player base. That’s why we made WoWP 2.0. And the results we got from all the open/limited/focus and other tests show that we are on the right track (please consider paying a visit to the North American and Russian dedicated threads, before assuming that this statement is false – and that’s just about the visible feedback, it doesn’t include focus, limited and internal tests). 

1.X has been a good, nearly niche and highly skill-dependent game, however it eventually crystallized into an ever-repeating dogfight experience, and that’s why we felt we need to move further and develop WoWP in another direction.

Over the curse of the whole development life of the game (which is almost four years now since release), our dev team has put a lot of effort into every single iteration, always looking to improve the title and to bring new content that could make the game more exciting. 2.0 is not an exception to this approach: it has been designed to implement a more complex game mode, with a deeper tactical approach where each class has a bigger impact on the curse of the battle.

Hi Bertilux,

You could keep standard mode in parallel with the conquest mode in this case players will be fully agree

But you did not ask you forced us .. this version is not an update this is a total new brand this could  be called conquest version 0.1

so if you really care of the wowp players let the standard mode back and continue the conquest mode as a game option

watch this video it will tell you the 99% players reaction.. lot are uninstalling game and you will see that in number players online in 24h

you spent millions in internet advertising years ago to invite us.. now you are loosing us

i will pm you what i've wrote here cause i am not sure you will read my post

UBIUBIUBI #220 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 33355 battles
  • [CCR] CCR

Hello everyone,

Over the curse of the whole development life of the game (which is almost four years now since release), our dev team has put a lot of effort into every single iteration, always looking to improve the title and to bring new content that could make the game more exciting. 2.0 is not an exception to this approach: it has been designed to implement a more complex game mode, with a deeper tactical approach where each class has a bigger impact on the curse of the battle.

Hello everyone,

Aircraft management is scarcely poor, cameras etc.no pleasure, no top acrobatic flight,This is the simulation of a shameful little boy driving,thanks for nothing...

15 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users

The_Last_Jedi