Version 2.0

• Please log in to reply
574 replies to this topic

houghtonbee #221 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 242 battles

View PostBertiux, on 12 October 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

We completely respect all of your opinions about the new update (as long as they are expressed respectfully), and quite frankly, believe me that I do understand some of your points and your concerns. The development team, and all Wargaming employees in general, is full of dedicated gamers that love World of Warplanes as much as you do, so we have a pretty good idea of why some of you are not fully satisfied with the new build.

You guys have dedicated countless hours and played thousands of battles in the previous 1.x mode, and now we are asking you to play something that feels different, which keeps the essence of World of Warplanes, but which introduces big changes in multiples areas of the game. That’s why you can rightfully be upset if the new game mode doesn’t click for you.

Under no circumstance we want to silence or ignore your criticism: you have every right to guide us through the development path that you consider the right one. All we ask is to have it channeled in a constructive manner, so we can benefit from it and keep improving the game.

This said, why 2.0? We have felt that WoWP needs a major update for quite a long time. We have to evolve the game further so that it provides more interesting, exciting and rewarding experience, while making it more accessible to a wider player base. That’s why we made WoWP 2.0. And the results we got from all the open/limited/focus and other tests show that we are on the right track (please consider paying a visit to the North American and Russian dedicated threads, before assuming that this statement is false – and that’s just about the visible feedback, it doesn’t include focus, limited and internal tests). 

1.X has been a good, nearly niche and highly skill-dependent game, however it eventually crystallized into an ever-repeating dogfight experience, and that’s why we felt we need to move further and develop WoWP in another direction.

Over the curse of the whole development life of the game (which is almost four years now since release), our dev team has put a lot of effort into every single iteration, always looking to improve the title and to bring new content that could make the game more exciting. 2.0 is not an exception to this approach: it has been designed to implement a more complex game mode, with a deeper tactical approach where each class has a bigger impact on the curse of the battle.

Changes are never easy, and obviously, a game cannot please every single player. That just doesn’t exist. What we ask you to keep an open mind with 2.0, as this patch is not the end, but only the beginning: we will keep releasing updates periodically, and we need your sincere and constructive feedback to make World of Warplanes a more enjoyable experience.

Just to share some of the most immediate little improvements, please note that we will bring back the flaps control, altimeter and horizon settings. In a longer term, we also plan to implement full bombers branches, and an additional game mode aimed for experienced players. Those are just a few of the multiple additions that we have planned: we have a great list of features to implement / areas to improve, which will be added in our game as we keep developing it, and in order to identify the most needed ones and the direction to take, we count on your constructive feedback.

Thank you for reading and for taking this suggestion into account.

​Thank you for reading and responding to the communities concerns.

Now if you could just get someone to solve why my game is unloadable I'd be happy to give 2.0 a longer testing period before deciding whether to leave or not :D (ticket 2082710 fyi ;) )

Dak28 #222 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 215 battles
  • [ITA_6] ITA_6

You are blind guys, the game in oldest version was completly disaster, now they try to bring game to new life and you just because you were pro in oldest one you don't like it, and this things that i'm hearing so much like " now it's for children idiots" " is not a game for adult"

Yes a game HAS to be for everyone! in 1.x a new player enter battle, fly for 10-20s and just fall down.

In this moment the children are you veteran players that in theese years you just play a game that was death and unfunny, you become pro and so good, and now you cry because you dont have more your little game in wich you were good.

What they should do? if they game wasn't appreciate but people now they change it! EASY to understand, open your eyes to reality and back to stupid WT simulator if you like it

wlatopa #223 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 86 battles
You are only able to have 99% of players that hate this new game.This is not a mod or an update,this is another game taht have only name in common with last version.You're grasping at straws  now.

m1nus #224 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 11 October 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

Sorry but this conspiracy still doesnt make sense. It's their game, if they want to discontinue it at any point it's their choice regardless of how big the community is or not. They dont need to slowly kill it off by releasing crap like 2.0, they can pull the switch at literally any minute and shut it down. It's a dreadful error of judgement on their part to change to 2.0, not some silly effort to give themselves an 'excuse' to terminate the game. Releasing 2.0 just because they have made it doesnt make sense if they know it will 'kill' the game as they'd lose any money they were making from people still buying premium stuff in 1.9.

You can't pull the switch in a game that is connected with other 2 games in various ways. It is not just a standalone game that will close the gates and the players will say, oh well what can you do. People will demand compensation to be given on their other two games no matter if they deserve it or not. It would be a negative blow to the whole World of brand. To add on all these, I have never seen a company that make an effort to "improve" a game, to be so laconic about the changes and the general direction of the "improved" game. They literally released two videos (if you count the amateur gameplay montage as well) on the same day that 2.0 went live.

Even for the combined 5000 remaining players, they had to release updates, new planes and spend money in development in general. With a game that nobody plays anymore they could just keep the servers with a skeleton crew. You can kill a game without shutting it down and save some money spend on further development. It may sound like a conspiracy theory, but not an extreme one.

Edited by m1nus, 12 October 2017 - 12:12 PM.

Toxoplasmosi #225 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Airman Basic

• 6 battles
  • [ITA_6] ITA_6

Hello everyone,

We completely respect all of your opinions about the new update (as long as they are expressed respectfully), and quite frankly, believe me that I do understand some of your points and your concerns. The development team, and all Wargaming employees in general, is full of dedicated gamers that love World of Warplanes as much as you do, so we have a pretty good idea of why some of you are not fully satisfied with the new build.

You guys have dedicated countless hours and played thousands of battles in the previous 1.x mode, and now we are asking you to play something that feels different, which keeps the essence of World of Warplanes, but which introduces big changes in multiples areas of the game. That’s why you can rightfully be upset if the new game mode doesn’t click for you.

Under no circumstance we want to silence or ignore your criticism: you have every right to guide us through the development path that you consider the right one. All we ask is to have it channeled in a constructive manner, so we can benefit from it and keep improving the game.

This said, why 2.0? We have felt that WoWP needs a major update for quite a long time. We have to evolve the game further so that it provides more interesting, exciting and rewarding experience, while making it more accessible to a wider player base. That’s why we made WoWP 2.0. And the results we got from all the open/limited/focus and other tests show that we are on the right track (please consider paying a visit to the North American and Russian dedicated threads, before assuming that this statement is false – and that’s just about the visible feedback, it doesn’t include focus, limited and internal tests). 

1.X has been a good, nearly niche and highly skill-dependent game, however it eventually crystallized into an ever-repeating dogfight experience, and that’s why we felt we need to move further and develop WoWP in another direction.

Over the course of the whole development life of the game (which is almost four years now since release), our dev team has put a lot of effort into every single iteration, always looking to improve the title and to bring new content that could make the game more exciting. 2.0 is not an exception to this approach: it has been designed to implement a more complex game mode, with a deeper tactical approach where each class has a bigger impact on the course of the battle.

Changes are never easy, and obviously, a game cannot please every single player. That just doesn’t exist. What we ask you to keep an open mind with 2.0, as this patch is not the end, but only the beginning: we will keep releasing updates periodically, and we need your sincere and constructive feedback to make World of Warplanes a more enjoyable experience.

Just to share some of the most immediate little improvements, please note that we will bring back the flaps control, altimeter and horizon settings. In a longer term, we also plan to implement full bombers branches, and an additional game mode aimed for experienced players. Those are just a few of the multiple additions that we have planned: we have a great list of features to implement / areas to improve, which will be added in our game as we keep developing it, and in order to identify the most needed ones and the direction to take, we count on your constructive feedback.

Thank you for reading and for taking this suggestion into account.

Hello Bertiux,

yes I am agree even if I do not like at all (now as it is) the 2.0. I only hope you will give us the possibility to have also the "old" version battles.

ElDefunes #226 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 65 battles

View PostDak28, on 12 October 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

You are blind guys, the game in oldest version was completly disaster, now they try to bring game to new life and you just because you were pro in oldest one you don't like it, and this things that i'm hearing so much like " now it's for children idiots" " is not a game for adult"

Yes a game HAS to be for everyone! in 1.x a new player enter battle, fly for 10-20s and just fall down.

In this moment the children are you veteran players that in theese years you just play a game that was death and unfunny, you become pro and so good, and now you cry because you dont have more your little game in wich you were good.

What they should do? if they game wasn't appreciate but people now they change it! EASY to understand, open your eyes to reality and back to stupid WT simulator if you like it

My cat run and lay over my keyboard, started a match, and got 7000 XP. :amazed:  If a cat can get 7k XP every WoT player and every monkey get now a good match without skill. Good re-design. :teethhappy:

Edited by ElDefunes, 12 October 2017 - 12:13 PM.

Revan_Tiberius #227 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 452 battles

To be fair to Bertiux, something had to be done to change the game substantially to try and introduce to people to it as normally new players were just happy bashed lol.

At this point there would be no point having two game modes active at the same time right now as there are not enough players.

Silentraz #228 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 364 battles
  • [_PZL_] _PZL_

Changes are never easy, and obviously, a game cannot please every single player.

You lost a lot of players, only few % are happy with 2.0.

Do you think, that changes will give you new players? Game is more shitty than previous, so game will die. No free exp for aniversaries, very hard to get token (removed from most of medals and daily missions) - that is a reason why many of players played WOWP.

Wargaming - Oszuści

Wpis zostanie usunięty i odpowiednie przeprosiny zostaną zamieszczone, jeśli zostanie udowodnione, że WG nie oszukuje klientów.

Revan_Tiberius #229 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 452 battles

lol all at ""REAL" PLAYERS" lol

I should come on the forums more often it is one hell of a laugh lol.

Edited by Nohe21, 12 October 2017 - 12:33 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to red text use.

UBIUBIUBI #230 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

Senior Airman

• 10 battles
  • [CCR] CCR
Haughtily !!!
Do not show the idea that a bad idea - a good idea, please… This is just a petition that you have to consider because of the arguments,God Bless...

xmacak #231 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

Senior Airman

• 62 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

I would like to play this 2.0 version, but I cant.
There are no settings for UI

There are no settings to customise instruments on screen.
And above all RESPAWNING?!? That's why i didnt start playing Warthunder. I keep it on disk because graphic is superb, but I don't play it.

You removed the feeling of a "man and his machine", joy of flying...

Edited by xmacak, 12 October 2017 - 02:18 PM.

Dak28 #232 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 215 battles
  • [ITA_6] ITA_6

View PostElDefunes, on 12 October 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

My cat run and lay over my keyboard, started a match, and got 7000 XP. :amazed:  If a cat can get 7k XP every WoT player and every monkey get now a good match without skill. Good re-design. :teethhappy:

See that's the problem, you don't like the idea that a player from Wot like me for example or new player can just join and have fun. no only you that pley 3223424 battle can have fun ahahahha you are
ridiculous

Edited by Dak28, 12 October 2017 - 12:18 PM.

Revan_Tiberius #233 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 452 battles

Dude look at the right info lol, by your logic you have played 192 lol, as I said these forums can be funny as hell.

Dude where are you looking?

Edited by Revan_Tiberius, 12 October 2017 - 12:22 PM.

ElDefunes #234 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 65 battles

View PostDak28, on 12 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

See that's the problem, you don't like the idea that a player from Wot like me for example or new player can just join and have fun. no only you that pley 3223424 battle can have fun ahahahha you are
ridiculous

No i say its very easy to get a good match, no skill needed, but it makes no fun because WoWp now has nothing to do with a flighgame. Its now a desktop shooter for people on workm playing in the breaks. Going at home and play a real game.  Dont think its a good base...

ElDefunes #235 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 65 battles

Hm... :hiding:

http://forum.worldof...se-back-to-v19/

Seems 2.0 is a success... :bajan:

Check_Six #236 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 698 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

Calm down guys. Be positive.. 

Forums activity was very weak before 2.0 launch... look at now. Forums alive ! :)

"L'hélice n'est qu'un gros ventilateur. C'est quand elle s'arrête que le pilote commence à transpirer.."

"Propeller is nothing else than a fan. When it stops spinning, the pilot start to sweat.."

wlatopa #237 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 86 battles

They think that if they do more simplified,more players come in.More idiot is the game,sooner player get tired.

Now is a game for monkey noobs,no skill requested,if u have more skill or XP you are the same as one noob.Why i play for 2 hours now if nothing changes?

I repeat,very bad commercial strategy..........

Dak28 #238 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 215 battles
  • [ITA_6] ITA_6

Ok i will just answer you with more words so you cannot say me that i'm chatting with you.

Let's think a minut about what was wowp 1.x a game in wich if you just meet in battle a player with more than 5k battle you can just press esc and go to hangar and start a new match again.

Now it seems that a player with 1k battle can have fun! Oh my god this is orrible, also noob player can do something! how can we play it now?

HALL_OF_FAKE #239 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View PostCheck_Six, on 12 October 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Calm down guys. Be positive.. 

Forums activity was very weak before 2.0 launch... look at now. Forums alive ! :)

More people in forum simply because all uninstalled the game ...

rjmark9 #240 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

Airman Basic

• 2 battles
So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users