Game Crashes On Startup

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

fighting_falcon93 #1 Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Senior Airman

• 424 battles
I had WoWp installed from before, so I just installed the Wargaming Game Center and updated the game. Now when I try to lauch WoWp it crashes during the black startup screen. I've tried to start it in safe mode and with default graphics settings aswell but same result. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Can I expect a fix or should I just reinstall the game?

houghtonbee #2 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2901 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Experiencing the same problem myself, trying to repair the game through the game settings......

Repair failed to work, reinstalling failed to work. No choice now but to abandon the game and hope a future patch gets it going. What a pathetic shambles.

fighting_falcon93 #3 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 424 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 11 October 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

reinstalling failed to work.

Well in that case I'm glad I havn't reinstalled yet.

WG could you please fix this? Tell us what system information you want :)

My guess is that you're trying to initialize something that isn't supported on our systems, and that you've forgotten to put in an if-check, resulting in you using a bad return value, causing the application to crash. But that's just a guess :P

houghtonbee #4 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2901 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Did your problems begin following a computer or game crash? Mine did, I think (judging by the logs) the game isn't recognising that it's not running elsewhere despite me reinstalling etc, if that makes sense?! I've sent all the logs etc as a ticket to WG so we'll see what happens next.

fighting_falcon93 #5 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

Senior Airman

• 424 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 11 October 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Did your problems begin following a computer or game crash? Mine did, I think (judging by the logs) the game isn't recognising that it's not running elsewhere despite me reinstalling etc, if that makes sense?! I've sent all the logs etc as a ticket to WG so we'll see what happens next.

It begun with a game crash. First time I tried to launch it after the update had finished it went black fullscreen, loaded for a few seconds, and then "World of Warplanes has stopped working" appeared :(

houghtonbee #6 Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2901 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 11 October 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

It begun with a game crash. First time I tried to launch it after the update had finished it went black fullscreen, loaded for a few seconds, and then "World of Warplanes has stopped working" appeared :(

Looks like improper shut downs is the problem then, I just get a black screen and the mouse pointer.

SteamTanker #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 16 battles
Yep, same problem here. Came back to the game as the 2.0 looked amazing, but now I can't even get in.

houghtonbee #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2901 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I received the following solution to the problem from the tech support, must say I was impressed to get an answer within 24 hours, well done WG!

I won't be able to try these solutions for a couple of hours so just passing on WG's info in the hope it helps others out, although it may be worth raising your own tickets with logs and dxdiags for your own systems in case we're experiencing different issues;

Problem is with game detecting input hardware it cannot recognize and it doesn't know how to utilize. So the game simply ends its own process.
That device can be a mouse/keyboard not recognized as valid by the game or a bit more uncommon device - like a remote for a printer (or a TV/screen) etc.

There's two potential causes:

1) Game files. Our game is meant to hold information about controllers (and exact key binds for each controller) in a set of files. If those files - for whatever reason - get corrupted, the game wouldn't be able to read those files and errors like the one seen in the log files would appear.
Solution in this case is very simple: Delete input_mapping folder.
Simply press and hold WIN+R keys at the same time, in the RUN window paste the following: AppData\Roaming\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes
Then hit OK button and you will find input_mapping there.

After deleting the folder, try to run the game again and see what happens.

2) Hardware - ie. the source of the error is piece of hardware connected to the device, which the game cannot identify.

In this case I will need you to remove/disable all devices connected to the PC, with the exception of mouse and keyboard. Even if something is wireless, it will have to be disabled. Once that is done, try to run the game and see what happens. If the issue persists and you have such capability - try to run the game with a different mouse model and a different keyboard.

Once you have identified the device causing this problem, please send us a link to a store page (or product page) for this device. It will allow me to send a request to the dev team and hopefully this device will be added as recognizable by the game.

SteamTanker #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 16 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 12 October 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

I received the following solution to the problem from the tech support, must say I was impressed to get an answer within 24 hours, well done WG!

I won't be able to try these solutions for a couple of hours so just passing on WG's info in the hope it helps others out, although it may be worth raising your own tickets with logs and dxdiags for your own systems in case we're experiencing different issues;

Problem is with game detecting input hardware it cannot recognize and it doesn't know how to utilize. So the game simply ends its own process.
That device can be a mouse/keyboard not recognized as valid by the game or a bit more uncommon device - like a remote for a printer (or a TV/screen) etc.

1) Game files. Our game is meant to hold information about controllers (and exact key binds for each controller) in a set of files. If those files - for whatever reason - get corrupted, the game wouldn't be able to read those files and errors like the one seen in the log files would appear.
Simply press and hold WIN+R keys at the same time, in the RUN window paste the following: AppData\Roaming\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes

2) Hardware - ie. the source of the error is piece of hardware connected to the device, which the game cannot identify.

In this case I will need you to remove/disable all devices connected to the PC, with the exception of mouse and keyboard. Even if something is wireless, it will have to be disabled. Once that is done, try to run the game and see what happens. If the issue persists and you have such capability - try to run the game with a different mouse model and a different keyboard.

Once you have identified the device causing this problem, please send us a link to a store page (or product page) for this device. It will allow me to send a request to the dev team and hopefully this device will be added as recognizable by the game.

Just tried both options and they both didn't work. I had nothing connected other than my other wireless mouse, internet and monitor

fighting_falcon93 #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 424 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 12 October 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

I've deleted the "input_mapping"-folder and disconneced my printer = didn't work :(

houghtonbee #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2901 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Sorry guys, deleting the folder worked for me. I'd advise raising a ticket with a zip file of your logs and dxdiags, must be a different problem.

fighting_falcon93 #12 Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

Senior Airman

• 424 battles

Sorry for the delayed answer, a few other things required my attention for a while. I tried to reinstall the game and now it works. So for anyone experiencing the same problem, I'd recommend the following:

1. Try the fix in post #9.

2. If that doesn't work, try to reinstall the game.

3. If that doesn't work, contact support.

As for the game itself, I must say it's a massive improvement with the respawns and removal of aim assist, it makes it much more fun. However I think that the battle duration and winning conditions are a bit off. IMHO you should make the battles longer and maybe drop the whole base-capture thing, and instead focus on kills + air supriority. You could still have ground targets like AA-guns and tanks (that respawn after a while when destroyed) for the attack aircraft, and you could have the spawn location filled with factories that need to be kept defended from bombers. Winning condition should be based purely on an air supriority point system, where for instance each team starts out with X points, each shot down aircraft, destroyed ground target and bombed factory subtracts from those points, until one team reaches zero.

Kucus_brainless_zombie #13 Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

Airman Basic

• 42 battles

Well, i had same problém, crash on start.

For me worked to delete whole "AppData\Roaming\wargaming.net\World of Warplanes" directory and "AppData\Local\Temp\wargaming.net\wowp" direktory too. :)

Ali_Jinnah #14 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 57 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 11 October 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

I've got the same issue from today! Just yesterday I downloaded the game and everything was smooth. Since today I bought my second JAPAN plane known as A4N, since I purchased that plane my game is crashing, I selected other planes and once I enter a battle I can hear sounds around me and then the game starts and it just gets stuck there! I had to force my PC to shut down and once I turned the Game Centre back on and try to enter the game it loads and gets stuck in the main menu and just crashed and takes me back to my desktop.

Guys is there any fix for this? & also when I go to player support and try to place a ticket it asks to login. when I enter email & password is says incorrect :/

I tried to clear cache but that also just crashes taking me to the desktop.

Can someone help me out??

Ali_Jinnah #15 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 57 battles

I've got the same issue from today! Just yesterday I downloaded the game and everything was smooth. Since today I bought my second JAPAN plane known as A4N, since I purchased that plane my game is crashing, I selected other planes and once I enter a battle I can hear sounds around me and then the game starts and it just gets stuck there! I had to force my PC to shut down and once I turned the Game Centre back on and try to enter the game it loads and gets stuck in the main menu and just crashed and takes me back to my desktop.

Guys is there any fix for this? & also when I go to player support and try to place a ticket it asks to login. when I enter email & password is says incorrect :/

Can someone help me out

Piq_Mastika #16 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5261 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostAli_Jinnah, on 09 January 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

Can someone help me out

Try to start the game with cleared cache. If this is not working, contact the dev's.

Резултат с изображение за wowp clear cache

klbergmen #17 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4961 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostAli_Jinnah, on 09 January 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

Can someone help me out

Make sure your on the EU website. If you end up on the NA website or another region your login will not work.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wowp/my-tickets

As Piq-Mastika wrote already first try to start the game with clear cache. On the side of the red button where you start the game there is an arrow where you can choose this.

Edited by klbergmen, 09 January 2019 - 01:48 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users