Bring back the old WowP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

Raskahn #1 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

Airman Basic

• 175 battles

This 2.0 version is HORRIBLE.

At least give an option to choose from. The previous version with dogfights being the main focus was a blast. Why did you alter your game?

Can't move the camera, There's no target lead, respawn is a joke and the controls are laughable.

Not spending any money on this *Edited game until you fix it! What a load of *Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 18 October 2017 - 09:19 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Technocrat_Prime #2 Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 11477 battles
  • [JG26] JG26
Lol, you really should not play what you don't understand. So, deleting is probably the best option for you.

NON NOBIS DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM

MBCLK320 #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:58 AM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 11716 battles
  • [A_D] A_D

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 11 October 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Lol, you really should not play what you don't understand. So, deleting is probably the best option for you.

"Liking" and "Understanding" have different meanings. You have no knowledge what anybody understands or not. Play if You like or don't. Nobody cares

kosstok #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:04 AM

Senior Airman

• 3719 battles
  • [A_D] A_D
Please do another game for children at 8 years old, they will already go to another game after 1 week!

broschi2002 #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

Airman Basic

• Conquest Member
  • 16891 battles
  • [RO_AF] RO_AF

I subscribe, this "update", in fact is a new game, it  is worse.....i played since beta......unfortunately i think i will stop playing....i a matter of taste....i dislike this type of WoWp.......more and more is tailored for little childrens....

too sad WG....too sad......

s4h4r4 #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 216 battles

Maybe 2.0 is some sick psychological experiment, to see how addicted wowp players manage when real wowp is destroyed :unsure:

Edited by s4h4r4, 12 October 2017 - 09:15 AM.

mf666 #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9068 battles

This is product destroyment!  This is not the game we spend money for.

BrushWolf2 #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 130 battles
I see that 2.0 is getting the same love over here. I will say the same that I did on the NA forum. If I wanted to play War Thunder I would play War Thunder.

dreambill #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 13602 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View PostBrushWolf2, on 12 October 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

I see that 2.0 is getting the same love over here. I will say the same that I did on the NA forum. If I wanted to play War Thunder I would play War Thunder.

Please inform NA forums of our total dislike of V2.0

The moderators here said that we are the only ones complaining. NA and RU absolutely LOVE V 2.0 is their words (other tests show that we are on the right track (please consider paying a visit to the North American and Russian dedicated threads, before assuming that this statement is false) They are kidding us worldwide I think.

wlatopa #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 47004 battles
in NA forum i have read only complains..............they are liars.......now they are understanding that they have done a big mistake and every new user that read the forums dont install this new game.

Edited by wlatopa, 13 October 2017 - 09:18 AM.

HALL_OF_FAKE #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7614 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

We have to buy gold in forum to clik "i like" 

Pitty wg

kosstok #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 3719 battles
  • [A_D] A_D

please sign this friends... and share with known players

https://www.change.o...33052&jb=390977

Edited by kosstok, 13 October 2017 - 07:53 PM.

Raskahn #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

Airman Basic

• 175 battles

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 11 October 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

I understand my preferences just fine.

Thank you for the suggestion but I'm going to pass up on that as I'd rather have a company not changing their product to something completely different to what I initially agreed to and, paid for.

Air_Lafci #14 Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 22560 battles
  • [TIG3R] TIG3R

http://forum.worldof...se-back-to-v19/

Everyone vote ! 

Zenith #15 Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 59 battles

The old World of Warplanes wasn't up to much I'm afraid, which is why it never really.... took off (please excuse the pun). War Thunder had it bang to rights in so many ways, and there's only so long you can keep a game on life support without something drastic having to be done. Grumpy veterans can only sustain it so long, if you can even use the word sustain. 

I left shortly after launch, feeling that it just wasn't heading in the right direction. I popped back once or twice over the years, but every time I came back I was left with the impression that not a lot had actually changed, and that not a lot was really going to change. This is the first time since CBT that I have actually enjoyed this game, and I'm motivated to play more of it. Considering my thousands of hours spent playing War Thunder, that's saying a lot for the game! 

Obviously not everyone will agree that change is positive, but there are probably many people like myself, who will now be tempted to try the game again. New players are essential to any game, but this one needs them more than most, and I honestly do think this will do the trick. Already I've noticed that queue times are registering in seconds, instead of the minutes that used to be the norm. 

Blaxx #16 Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 41 battles

View PostZenith, on 14 October 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

The old World of Warplanes wasn't up to much I'm afraid, which is why it never really.... took off (please excuse the pun). War Thunder had it bang to rights in so many ways, and there's only so long you can keep a game on life support without something drastic having to be done. Grumpy veterans can only sustain it so long, if you can even use the word sustain. 

I left shortly after launch, feeling that it just wasn't heading in the right direction. I popped back once or twice over the years, but every time I came back I was left with the impression that not a lot had actually changed, and that not a lot was really going to change. This is the first time since CBT that I have actually enjoyed this game, and I'm motivated to play more of it. Considering my thousands of hours spent playing War Thunder, that's saying a lot for the game! 

Obviously not everyone will agree that change is positive, but there are probably many people like myself, who will now be tempted to try the game again. New players are essential to any game, but this one needs them more than most, and I honestly do think this will do the trick. Already I've noticed that queue times are registering in seconds, instead of the minutes that used to be the norm. 

I agree . I went to War Thunder after playing  CB and release. War Thunder was better , more real , better immersion . I came back from time to time to check the status of WoWP . This time is the first time i have motivation to play longer.

Its no Sim ! Its pure Arcade but it has it own style and now its fun to me.

BrushWolf2 #17 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 130 battles

View Postwlatopa, on 13 October 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

in NA forum i have read only complains..............they are liars.......now they are understanding that they have done a big mistake and every new user that read the forums dont install this new game.

The only way this will succeed is if they get many new/returning players for every old player they lose. It didn't work in Star Wars Galaxies with the New Game Experience, yeah I am old, and I don't think it will work here.

View PostZenith, on 14 October 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

This is a copy paste of WT's arcade mode which is the least liked mode over there. Somehow I don't think you played WT's arcade mode as your primary mode.

Two things this game needs to make it more tolerable to the old players is an artificial horizon and a target window to provide situational awareness this is not a sim and the look around options are clunky at best and are useless in a maneuvering fight. We have no support for things like TrackIR which shouldn't be necessary for proper play in an arcade game anyway.

Zenith #18 Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 59 battles

View PostBrushWolf2, on 15 October 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

The only way this will succeed is if they get many new/returning players for every old player they lose. It didn't work in Star Wars Galaxies with the New Game Experience, yeah I am old, and I don't think it will work here.

This is a copy paste of WT's arcade mode which is the least liked mode over there. Somehow I don't think you played WT's arcade mode as your primary mode.

Two things this game needs to make it more tolerable to the old players is an artificial horizon and a target window to provide situational awareness this is not a sim and the look around options are clunky at best and are useless in a maneuvering fight. We have no support for things like TrackIR which shouldn't be necessary for proper play in an arcade game anyway.

I take it you haven't played War Thunder within the past 5 years? Arcade is the MOST popular mode, by far. If you want to sit in queues of up to 5 minutes or more, then you're welcome to try the other two modes, but in my opinion it's not worth the wait. If you have an entire day or two to waste, then okay, but most people don't have the time or patience for anything but the AB mode.

War Thunder was successful because it got the entire formula right, whereas World of Warplanes largely flopped by comparison. The devs are clearly trying to remedy this, and if it can bring a War Thunder player like myself back into the fold, then surely it's not exactly a bad attempt? Besides, the forum is an echo chamber, and hardly a true representation of the overall player-base.

Spikey_The_Cat #19 Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 35 battles

View PostZenith, on 14 October 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

I find myself in the same boat (or plane). I played the closed beta and came back a few times but didn't like it very much. I played War Thunder for a while but found the leveling up system to be too complicated for my liking. I came back to WOP after seeing a video by Jingles.  I played a couple of games and liked it. So much so that I've bought several low tier premium planes I am having a lot of fun playing and I think the Conquest mode is great.

I must admit to being reduced to fits of giggles reading the posts claiming the changes have made the game more "arcadey", as if it wasn't a pure 3rd person shooter before the changes. 

So far I think WG have done a good job at attempting to revive this game and I wish them luck in their efforts.

Edited by Spikey_The_Cat, 17 October 2017 - 09:25 AM.

Zenith #20 Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 59 battles

View PostSpikey_The_Cat, on 15 October 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

I find myself in the same boat (or plane). I played the closed beta and came back a few times but didn't like it very much. I played War Thunder for a while but found the leveling up system to be too complicated for my liking. I came back to WOP after seeing a video by Jingles.  I played a couple of games and liked it. So much so that I've bought several low tier premium planes I am having a lot of fun playing and I think the Conquest mode is great.

I must admit to being reduced to fits of giggles reading the posts claiming the changes have made the game more "arcadey", as if it wasn't a pure 3rd person FPS before the changes. 

So far I think WG have done a good job at attempting to revive this game and I wish them luck in their efforts.

Yeah, I don't get the hate to be honest. They claim that the game has been dumbed down, yet it was already severely dumbed down compared to War Thunder... which leaves me wondering why they're not playing that game instead. If anything, Conquest has added complexity, not taken it away, and I've had plenty of epic dogfights over the objectives already. The game was never this much fun for me pre 2.0, which is why I jumped ship in the first place. I wonder how many others felt the same, and may now give the game another shot.

If the queues are anything to go by, then either the game has gained a ton of new players, or the grumpy veterans haven't quit as they are claiming so loudly on here! I rarely wait more than 20 seconds, even at T6, and the last time I put any serious effort into the game it was easily triple that number!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users