Update 2.0 Feedback Topic

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Airman Basic

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles

Hello pilots!

Please share your feedback on Update 2.0 in this thread. You can find more info about the Update here.

Cheers,

Kandly

Silentraz #2 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 341 battles
  • [_PZL_] _PZL_

Newest bug - I have box and after opening animation goes into a loop. Nothing inside, after restart still is a box. Next try of opening, still the same.

Maybe 14/15 of 3-tier bomber is responsible for that.

Wargaming - Oszuści

Wpis zostanie usunięty i odpowiednie przeprosiny zostaną zamieszczone, jeśli zostanie udowodnione, że WG nie oszukuje klientów.

Orokon #3 Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

Airman Basic

• 567 battles

Peoples are complaing then day based missinons for Bombers are hard to acheive - well looks it's because "reporting system is a little brocken somehow now", here are 2 subsequest maches in my III and IV level planes:

- Misson for level I-V is not added (it's based on victory - but was deffed) !!!!

- Destroyed objects are show on wrong level ?

On level V regardles how many objects I DESTROY missions counts sometime 1 on 0 ??? If respan reset missions objectives some of them is virtually imposible to acheive, because of minutes to fly "TO" right place after.

Add misson acheivement counters on TAB screen during battle  !!!!

!!! After fix please extend capaign for bombers too !!!

Have a nice day

Rudolf

Edited by Orokon, 26 October 2017 - 07:11 AM.

Milckenbom #4 Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 465 battles

My personal bug apparently.

When I start a battle and the clock runs out and the game begins. I can't go left, right, up or down. I can use tab or fire my guns, ....But I can't go left or right only go forward automaticly.

What I have to do to fix it is to open' settings' and close' settings'. Just that. Just open en close my settings. If I did that I can go left and right again.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have to change my control keys. I live in Belgium and here we use, just like in France, a AZERTY keybord. The  game is setup for QWERTY keyboard.

Edited by Milckenbom, 26 October 2017 - 08:24 AM.

0berhessen #5 Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 224 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

View PostMilckenbom, on 26 October 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

My personal bug apparently.

When I start a battle and the clock runs out and the game begins. I can't go left, right, up or down. I can use tab or fire my guns, ....But I can't go left or right only go forward automaticly.

What I have to do to fix it is to open' settings' and close' settings'. Just that. Just open en close my settings. If I did that I can go left and right again.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have to change my control keys. I live in Belgium and here we use, just like in France, a AZERTY keybord. The  game is setup for QWERTY keyboard.

i have the same problem, i press the esc-key twice (to get into menu and back into game) then i can move my airplane.

i have game crashes from time to time...

dreambill #6 Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 239 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
I also loose my joystick at the start of some games, need to change to mouse, and then back to joystick. (If I haven't fall to a mountain, as happened twice so far)

VeryRisky #7 Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 266 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
In the profile page the game no longer shows winrates for individual planes.   I realise the possible to have multiple planes in differnet sorties on some maps does rather change the nature of this stat but it has always been the ultimate answer as to whether you are effective in a plane.

Complex944 #8 Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

Airman Basic

• 34 battles

Hi

I just started playing, started when i heard WoWP got a 2.0 update.

So i noticed a few things:

- reargunners from aircraft react really (and i then mean REALLY) slow on targets (aiming and especialy firing).

- the missions on the left on the screen are very bussy and not clear (they just stand in the way/doesn't look clean)

- the killcam can't aim.

- For myself, i find it really hard to defend myself from fighter/attack aircraft with my reargunner. 1. they do not work really well 2. de damage/accuracy is pretty low.

- the efficiency rating during battle is pretty nice, but i do not know how it gets translated into exp or credit.

- Missing features like: weather conditions, gear (and thereby takeoff and landing), flaps , and BOMBERS (but i think you guys are working on that).

- The principal of a HP based system is nice (and you damage a module instead of completely losing it and just die shortly after like WT).

Last note the map rotation is really getting old, and i haven't played that much battle yet.

And i get that the 'vetarans' players here do not like the 2.0 update, but before this, to be honest, the game was much worser. And now you lose your bolved game because you cant play the way you want to. and that playing style was only 'good'in the eyes of the minority of players that can not save 'their' game by just keeping the way it was.

well that's it.

Orokon #9 Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

Airman Basic

• 567 battles

>> I also loose my joystick at the start of some games, <<

It happen in past with joystick and gamepad too.

Magkas13 #10 Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

Airman Basic

• 148 battles
Get rid of the assymetrical maps ASAP! They don't work! The team which has the one attacking base (millitary base or command center) is 100% guaranteed to win, in under 6 minutes in most cases. :facepalm::angry: (btw wg you owe me new a new headset!)

svadilfari #11 Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1112 battles

the daily mission "aerial support - earn 9000 combat points attacking ground targets" I-IV is broken.

i did 14000 and then 11000 point in the blenheim (only ground targets) and it won´t count.

edit: a 16k combat points match did the job...with the medal for earning 12k capture points

Edited by svadilfari, 26 October 2017 - 07:27 PM.

HG_Hergaden #12 Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 567 battles

View PostComplex944, on 26 October 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

And i get that the 'vetarans' players here do not like the 2.0 update, but before this, to be honest, the game was much worser. And now you lose your bolved game because you cant play the way you want to. and that playing style was only 'good'in the eyes of the minority of players that can not save 'their' game by just keeping the way it was.

Sorry, not sorry, but I can't let this stand.

How do you, with 0(!) games in 1.9 and a whopping 27(...) games in 2.0 even get the idea to make such statements. The game in 1.9 was much worse? You didn't play it at all, you have no point of reference. You think 27 games in 2.0 give you perspective? I call bull**** on that one.

Do you have any access to concurrent player number before and after the update? No? Then how the hell do you make the determination that the previous gameplay was good only for a minority of players or that the new version brought in more players? I think if you were one of us ~1200-1500 that were loyal players to this game in 1.9 you would have different views. As a new player you have not the slightest right to make these assumptions.

You're talking out of your a**.

DB2212 #13 Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

Senior Airman

• 202 battles

View PostHG_Hergaden, on 26 October 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Then how the hell do you make the determination that the previous gameplay was good only for a minority of players or that the new version brought in more players? I think if you were one of us ~1200-1500 that were loyal players to this game in 1.9 you would have different views.

Complex944 may have worded his post badly, but in some ways he does have a point.
1,200 - 1,500 players might have been fun for the 1,200 - 1,500 players but it wasn't fun for any new players who tried playing.

1,200 - 1,500 players is not a healthy or sustainable amount of players for an on-line games developer, and those numbers do make it a minority for WG.

How many of these 1,200 - 1,500 spent money playing the game?

How many new players did you see in the last year?

How many of these new players sank money into the game to be continually raped by the 1,200 - 1,500 veterans?

So we're here, old and new, and I really hope there are enough old to help us new figure out how to have fun in this game, or the game will die faster than anyone could imagine.

DB2212 #14 Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Senior Airman

• 202 battles

From https://worldofwarpl...urrent/#bombers

"

Secret Project Special

Once Update 2.0 is released, we will start the "Secret Project". This is a special event which allows players to acquire the first Bombers in the game. While it is running, completing daily missions will not give you the usual rewards. Instead, you can look forward to special loot crates. These contain all sorts of goodies. Consumables, equipment, Gold and other rewards. Most importantly though, they contain aircraft parts for the new bombers:

• Bristol Blenheim Mk. IV (early mod.), British Tier III Bomber
  • Douglas A-26B Invader, American Tier VI Bomber
  • Myasishchev RB-17,  Soviet Tier VIII Bomber

Once all parts of a bomber have been collected, the player will receive it at no cost. At some point before the end of the event, missing parts will be made available for purchase with tokens. Once the event is over, all three models will be available in in-game shop as premium aircraft.

The "Special Project" is meant to be a presentation of the new class. In the future, full branches of this class will be added in the Tech Tree"

Can you confirm when the Secret Project Special ends please?

Can you confirm what happens when the event ends and we haven't earned/spent enough cash/gold/tokens/loot to complete the bombers?

Gremorian #15 Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 726 battles
  • [LLV24] LLV24

View PostDB2212, on 26 October 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

From https://worldofwarpl...urrent/#bombers

"

Secret Project Special

Can you confirm when the Secret Project Special ends please?

Can you confirm what happens when the event ends and we haven't earned/spent enough cash/gold/tokens/loot to complete the bombers?

I read that the event ends in 1st of November @ 8.00

https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/special-project/

P.S

To Kandly 

McConway has started the same topic in News section already. 8 days ago http://forum.worldof...957-version-20/ 
"Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing, eh?"

Edited by Gremorian, 26 October 2017 - 11:06 PM.

DB2212 #16 Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 202 battles

View PostGremorian, on 26 October 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

I read that the event ends in 1st of November @ 8.00

https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/special-project/

P.S

To Kandly 

McConway has started the same topic in News section already. 8 days ago http://forum.worldof...957-version-20/ 
"Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing, eh?"

I thought I saw that date also, but I didn't see what happens to gold/loot spent if I didn't have enough parts to build a bomber by then.

This would be V2.0 ending if we'd spent time and money to end up with nothing. I hope WG aren't as stupid as we think they are.

Nightmare4U #17 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

Senior Airman

• 500 battles

Does the pilot skill "Protection Expert" working as intended? My aircraft's survivability stat goes up but it does not translate into HP. ME 410: HP 483 with Improved Covering II and Reinforced Airframe II installed. Survivability: 518. Is that how it's supposed to be? If yes what is that 35 point difference? 

The "Aircraft Specifications" section definitely need some work. Why is the aircraft's weight is in the Survivability section? Does that make any difference?

What is the point to have both "Top Speed at best altitude" and "Top speed at sea level"? They are exactly the same on every single aircraft...

...On the other hand I can't find any info about how much of my plane performance I'm gonna lose if I fly above my optimal altitude. What "Optimum Airspeed" actually means? Am I losing performance above or below that speed??  I tested it on 3 planes and it isn't the speed that an aircraft can sustain in a levelled flight. That info (the speed your aircraft can do in a levelled flight without boost) would also be nice to know...

Installed equipment's like "Lightweight Airframe" (+3% maneuverability) or skills like "Engine Guru" benefits doesn't update  the "Aircraft Specifications" section at all so you won't know the ACTUAL stats of your plane.

What "Controllability" stat means?

Some heat generation and cooldown time info on guns would be nice

Reload time info on bombs and rockets?

Rocket ranges?

Edited by Nightmare4U, 27 October 2017 - 12:09 PM.

Toyotomi79 #18 Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

Airman Basic

• 140 battles
  • [NMI] NMI

Some thoughts and bugs on 2.0:

- sometimes when battle starts i cant move. (guns work but plane doesnt move).... i press esc to go settings and then return -> plane moves now...

- graphics in general needs to be optimized. Framerate suddenly drops below 20 in nearly every match, even when theres quiet situations in battle (both wot and wows run smoothly in similar graphic settings, high/highest)... Framedrop happens here even with lowest graphics.

- Engine sound is extremely low, even when using boost...

- ground targets need some info.... now im just shooting triangles and circles on the ground

- i want bombing camera angle and flaps back.... And yes, i know theres a way to fix this by myself, but as a somewhat stubborn paying customer i dont want to do it.

- Plane behaviour is awful arcade style and all planes have the same feeling

- Conquest mode as an idea is great but i think it still needs some reworking.... right now the focus is all about capping, shooting planes is now completely secondary thing ("no cap - no win")

- why not using both versions, conquest and old 1.9 version for players to choose from?

- in-battle music is missing

- plane stats now only show amount of time.

- Efficiency rating in battle is nice and class-oriented, but i guess we need more info how this affects on credits and xp.

Nightmare4U #19 Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 500 battles

View PostToyotomi79, on 27 October 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Some thoughts and bugs on 2.0:

......right now the focus is all about capping, shooting planes is now completely secondary thing ("no cap - no win")

You do realize that the big part of cap points coming from shooting down planes,right?

This is how it works: 

At the start of a battle, all key territories in the area of operation are neutral and controlled by local defence forces.

In order to establish control over the territory, a team needs to destroy targets inside it (ground objects, air defence aircraft, and enemy team aircraft) and earn capture points (CP).

To initially capture a neutral territory, a team needs to earn 140 CP faster than the enemy team.
To recapture a territory from the enemy, a team needs to earn 160 CP.

The progress towards capturing territories is displayed on their icons. Once a territory is captured, all attempts by the enemy team to recapture it are blocked for 30 seconds.

Number of capture points earned for destroying a target:

• Small ground objects: 15–20 CP
  • Medium ground objects: 20–50 CP
  • Large ground objects: 50–80 CP
  • Air defence aircraft: 40 CP
  • Enemy team aircraft: 60 CP (only aircraft destroyed over the targeted territory count).
  • Enemy team aircraft while defending: 40 CP (only aircraft destroyed over the defended territory count).

dreambill #20 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 239 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

All this Bullshit with neutral bots Magically appearing and disappearing over bases every time they change hands is completely retarded.

In one moment you are fighting against 2-3 opponents trying to defend your base and the next you have +6 against you with zero possibilities even to escape.

Also tagged with 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

omglaserspewpew