253 replies to this topic

klbergmen #221 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3075 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View Postw00lfie, on 08 July 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

why are upgrades a lottery  better if it cost slightly more per upgrade

as  the game  has to make money (so as to pay staff to sort out the c**p crashes:)

a little gold to upgrade might be an option this 4 shots to upgrade is usless

WTF you want even more pay to win ???

zen_monk_ #222 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 3657 battles
  • [__] __

View Postklbergmen, on 13 July 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

WTF you want even more pay to win ???

There's no pay to win here, only pay to less grind.

All the people with jobs and limited game time would embrace this wholeheartedly, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I, for example, would be a prime customer for specific material boxes. No lottery, no rng. "Here you have 500 Flight Instruments and it will cost you X Euros." In other offers, the other materials. So it's your choice: if you have enough time and resolve, go play enough to earn the mats. If you have more income than free time, buy them.

You wouldn't become an invincible ace either way, no pay to win. Only grind or purchase - all is available to all, only with different means.

Edited by zen_monk_, 13 July 2018 - 01:34 PM.

klbergmen #223 Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3075 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

If you can pay for faster progression and if this gives you a distinct advantage ingame (which is the case here) then this is pay to win.

If this is not so important then why do you care ?

BTW you can by this stuff already now - just skip the calibration, enhance to the max and then do some quick calibration and you'r done...

zen_monk_ #224 Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

• Alpha Tester
  • 3657 battles
  • [__] __

View Postklbergmen, on 13 July 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

If you can pay for faster progression and if this gives you a distinct advantage ingame (which is the case here) then this is pay to win.

No it is not. Paying to win is purchasing something not obtainable otherwise in the game.

You lack the knowledge/understanding of the terms you're using.

If this is not so important then why do you care ?

Have you suddenly become my shrink? Read the last line of my comment above. When you get in terms with that, maybe we can proceed to my sentence "So it's your choice: if you have enough time and resolve, go play enough to earn the mats. If you have more income than free time, buy them." But beware, will be complicated.

BTW you can by this stuff already now - just skip the calibration, enhance to the max and then do some quick calibration and you'r done...

By browsing the forum you will find out that the people (including me) already found out many, many more things about this whole specialization thingy, and we've moved on to more advanced levels of the issue.

Dak28 #225 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 266 battles
  • [ITA_6] ITA_6

View PostHorcan, on 16 June 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

You can not have merge of WoT and WoWp, unless they want to shut down both. WoT players will never accept interference from this game here. Not necesarely because they dont play this game more than 1% or because this game dont have any clans to form at least 1 team online , but because administrating a campaign ( like the last one that took 2 weeks )on WoT is challenging enough for a commander to complicating even more with having a plane team involved.There are hundreds competitive clans in Wot, where do you think you can find 15 players for each one in this game?

You cant know if it works before see it.

kryb #226 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2692 battles
Ammunition premium available only for gold - that's enough .... WoWp is Pay to Win

Edited by kryb, 31 July 2018 - 09:14 PM.

BravelyRanAway #227 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 2405 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postkryb, on 31 July 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

Ammunition premium available only for gold - that's enough .... WoWp is Pay to Win

So...if you buy gold ammo......it's always a win?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

GonerNL #228 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3930 battles
Besides, gold ammo is not new to 2.0 ... it had always been there, right ??

TMTNEZ #229 Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 807 battles

I cant understand all people who hates this game (v2.0), but have enough time spare to post on this forum. I am happily returning from greedthunder and spending a few time and buckets one more time.

Ah of course, enjoying meanwhile this thing calletd 2.0.

See you on the skies....

PD: Sorry for my rusted and non speaking english.

omglaserspewpew #230 Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 1605 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 31 July 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

So...if you buy gold ammo......it's always a win?

Of course not, but that's beside the point. By definition, pay-to-win status is in effect when real money provides for a gameplay advantage that is inacessible otherwise. And since some of the gold-only consumables are exactly of this nature, WoWp is, by the very definition, pay-to-win. It's not very severe and less than tanks, I would say, but it's there.

Pilot283 #231 Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

Senior Airman

• 277 battles

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 01 August 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Of course not, but that's beside the point. By definition, pay-to-win status is in effect when real money provides for a gameplay advantage that is inacessible otherwise. And since some of the gold-only consumables are exactly of this nature, WoWp is, by the very definition, pay-to-win. It's not very severe and less than tanks, I would say, but it's there.

I am pretty new to WoWPs, so I dont know whether it is an exception, but...at the moment there is a series of missions active which award Gold . If WG continously provides means to obtain the premium currency through playing the Game, that is pretty grand, and kindof nullifies the pay-to-win complaint . Of course one can argue that you will never make Gold as fast through playing as with simply buying it....but at least it can ge be gotten through simply playing the Game . Would not be PtW as per your definition .

Bit of nitpicking I know, just want to make sure we are on the same page when discussing PtW/FtP . Are we ?

p.s.: there are actually different understandings of PtW . For some Types of Games/Gamers, PtW is already in effect if you can speed up/positively influence ( for instance by influencing odds/chance ) any kind of advantage giving process through paying real money. But again, this kindof gets nullified when the means to do so are also accessible without having to spend money XD .

Edited by Pilot283, 01 August 2018 - 05:45 PM.

BravelyRanAway #232 Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:55 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 2405 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostPilot283, on 01 August 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

I am pretty new to WoWPs, so I dont know whether it is an exception, but...at the moment there is a series of missions active which award Gold . If WG continously provides means to obtain the premium currency through playing the Game, that is pretty grand, and kindof nullifies the pay-to-win complaint . 

The mission is capped at 1000 gold. 

Even so, shooting Gold ammo is expensive and even when it was only sold for cash in WoT...it had very little effect as very few used it....in fact I don't know anyone who used it then, except for a few guys who won some in CW and fired it in randoms for the craic.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Pilot283 #233 Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

Senior Airman

• 277 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 01 August 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

The mission is capped at 1000 gold. 

Even so, shooting Gold ammo is expensive and even when it was only sold for cash in WoT...it had very little effect as very few used it....in fact I don't know anyone who used it then, except for a few guys who won some in CW and fired it in randoms for the craic.

Yeah, it says so pretty clearly . Hence I mentioned that I am not sure whether this is an exception, or whether WG continually provides means to earn Gold in Game .

omglaserspewpew #234 Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 1605 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostPilot283, on 01 August 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

...at the moment there is a series of missions active which award Gold .

p.s.: there are actually different understandings of PtW . For some Types of Games/Gamers, PtW is already in effect if you can speed up/positively influence ( for instance by influencing odds/chance ) any kind of advantage giving process through paying real money. But again, this kindof gets nullified when the means to do so are also accessible without having to spend money XD .

1. That gold mission is an exception. Gold is very rarely given through gameplay, in any of the WG titles.

2. There's only one definition of P2W: whether or not you have a gameplay advantage that may trump skill, if you pay real money. As simple as that.

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 01 August 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

... even when it was only sold for cash in WoT...it had very little effect as very few used it....in fact I don't know anyone who used it then, except for a few guys who won some in CW and fired it in randoms for the craic.

That's not exactly true: premium ammo was spammed even when it was only available for gold - to the extent that it proved really problematic in some gamemodes, like the CW.

BravelyRanAway #235 Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 2405 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 02 August 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

That's not exactly true: premium ammo was spammed even when it was only available for gold - to the extent that it proved really problematic in some gamemodes, like the CW.

True of CW....but hardly ever in randoms, it was never spammed. In CW you earned Gold on the map and used that to buy Gold ammo in CW.

BGENGINEER #236 Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 1604 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
WHY, AFTER I HAVE KILLED AND DUMMY HOLLYWOOD ARISE, I SHOULD HAVE 3 TIMES TO CLICK: BATTLE?!?!??

I CAN NOT LOCK THE AIRCRAFT AND ENTER IN GAME AUTOMATICALLY ?!

deathtrooper #237 Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:16 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 826 battles
keep being booted then saying server down for maintenance,done the update been playing,now cant back due to this reason,anybody else ?

eekeeboo #238 Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:32 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles

An issue with the server was found, will update with more info when I can. Currently being investigated and fix coming soon hopefully 

deathtrooper #239 Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:26 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 826 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 August 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

An issue with the server was found, will update with more info when I can. Currently being investigated and fix coming soon hopefully 

still cannot log in due to serve down to maintanence,,apparently scheduled yet nothing was actually advertised ,,been a good couple of hours now and nothing posted as I can see or find 

eekeeboo #240 Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles
News, FB, replies in comments. There was an issue found, fix being worked on. Will update more when i know more unfortunately :( 

Also tagged with 2.0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users