• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff
  • 5 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

Hello Pilots,

Many of you have been with World of Warplanes since release or even before. Years later, we are very glad to be here discussing changes to the game rather than a closure announcement. This update is a testament to Wargaming’s commitment to our games and to you our players.

This recent update introduced many sweeping changes to the game with the goal of improving the gaming experience of the average person. We understand that some of these changes might be unpopular with players who have grown accustomed to World of Warplanes as it has been over the last few years but in an effort to increase the number of people enjoying World of Warplanes we are committed to this new direction. We understand how this might make you feel, but staying the course was no longer an option.

That being said, good things are coming. In the coming months, we will be implementing a variety of features, content and UI improvements including bringing back the planes' anniversaries, adding manual flaps, introducing a Deathmatch mode, and adding UI features such as an artificial horizon. We also have plans for special events and ranked battles which will be a great time for our competitive Aces. http://blog.worldofwarplanes.eu/indev/world-warplanes-20-new-beginning/

This update also means an increased commitment from both the development and publishing arms of Wargaming to reinvigorate our game and our community. You will see more promotions, more partnerships, more content, and more game updates. But most importantly, you should see new pilots to battle against. We genuinely appreciate the devotion and support you have shown to World of Warplanes and also to our community here. Our hope is that you will give the new game a chance and give room for new people who might like the changes.

Thank you

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

dreambill #2 Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 221 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View PostMrConway, on 19 October 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Hello Pilots,

Many of you have been with World of Warplanes since release or even before. Years later, we are very glad to be here discussing changes to the game rather than a closure announcement. This update is a testament to Wargaming’s commitment to our games and to you our players.

This recent update introduced many sweeping changes to the game with the goal of improving the gaming experience of the average person. We understand that some of these changes might be unpopular with players who have grown accustomed to World of Warplanes as it has been over the last few years but in an effort to increase the number of people enjoying World of Warplanes we are committed to this new direction. We understand how this might make you feel, but staying the course was no longer an option.

That being said, good things are coming. In the coming months, we will be implementing a variety of features, content and UI improvements including bringing back the planes' anniversaries, adding manual flaps, introducing a Deathmatch mode, and adding UI features such as an artificial horizon. We also have plans for special events and ranked battles which will be a great time for our competitive Aces. http://blog.worldofwarplanes.eu/indev/world-warplanes-20-new-beginning/

This update also means an increased commitment from both the development and publishing arms of Wargaming to reinvigorate our game and our community. You will see more promotions, more partnerships, more content, and more game updates. But most importantly, you should see new pilots to battle against. We genuinely appreciate the devotion and support you have shown to World of Warplanes and also to our community here. Our hope is that you will give the new game a chance and give room for new people who might like the changes.

Thank you

Just add V1.9 as a mode for the death mach (with flight characteristics as they were) and EVERYONE will be happy and don't have to play WoWp in the china server

n0_f4k3 #3 Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 65 battles
  • [JFA] JFA
Its something like i bought  a Mercedes Benz ,after i paid it completly my car dealer replaced it with a Fiat Panda and tell me,dont worry dude all is fine you can buy with time more parts for your new car and you have to thank me a lot for that!

Edited by n0_f4k3, 19 October 2017 - 04:01 PM.

It's not about
Win or lose
Because we all lose
When they feed on the souls of the innocent
Blood-drenched pavement
Keep on moving though the waters stay raging

reverzibilni #4 Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 10 battles
  • [PM101] PM101

View PostMrConway, on 19 October 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Hello Pilots,

Thank you

Nonsence!

Flugjagdkommando #5 Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Airman Basic

• 4 battles
Just return the 1.9 mode in all it's glory as a special gameplay mode. This is the only way you will appease the Old Guard! And you know it! There is no way around it WG!

CLISSEFIGE #6 Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

League Champion

• Beta Tester
  • 82 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

in this official video, the climax is .....dogfighting !!!  : the aspect of the game wg ruined the most in this 2.0...

so : did I missed something or can I feel the worst...?

Hulahup... barbatruc                                                                                               

wlatopa #7 Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 86 battles

it would be very easy to keep 2 games. One for monkeys and one for experienced pilots and when u are ready (not alpha like now,very bugged game) give ourselves the same mode with new engine.Is enough that you to pay another server .The new engine is a your need for better developing,not our,therefore,or you give back all the money (3-4 years) to all players,or mantains 2 games.We had payed,premium,gold ammo,premium planes,for a game which now no longer exists (aliud pro alio in contract terms,ergo you have committed a contract violation,ergo class action at your gates,any expert can confirm that the game you have given us for patch is actually a different game,the adress is Agion Omologiton, 105, 'Agioi Omologites 1080, Lefkosia, Cyprus ,for class action,and you knows that you lose and you will be wretched all over the world). If u are trying to mantains old player,u are doing a big mistake.Everyone that have played old version with fun,can't play this crap,not even if u make a promises .

No respect for the users that have pay you for years,despite the craps that yours patch sometimes have done.

Please,shut up and at least now,have respect for us and our intelligence, or give us our game,or give back our money,we are too angry to listen your babyish excuses.

In italy we say that you have pissed and coughed out of the jug

Edited by wlatopa, 19 October 2017 - 08:45 PM.

jrt5 #8 Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2 battles
  • [KZO] KZO
And why do you actually think this simplified and shallow gameplay will bring you more players? All planes have identical gameplay. Maps don't play any role here like they do in tanks. Shooting is done by aimbot. So why? Graphics?

querkusII #9 Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 202 battles

You should have implemented the conquest mode in the old 1.9 wowp or pre 1.9..

With the old handling and characterist on the planes, and let it been maby 60/40 between the new and old mode.

As this game is now, there is no competition and it was that all of us was playing for.

Now, just spray the air and something falls down.

If u got someone at your six, its almost impossible to shake him of.

In 1.9 It was harder to hit and with knowledge u could shake of your opponent.

To get new player to the 1.9 u should deleted daily missions in t1-4. and stoped statistic in t1-4 after 1500 or more battles.

In that case i belive less pro players would be sealclubbing

I fully understand that wowp 1.9 hade to go thru changes to have any chance to survive and get new player.

But this is a new game, not wowp. so u have to accept to loose your old players.

youre new course as it looks now aint my way

I_Icelander_I #10 Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 41 battles
  • [-DKO-] -DKO-
LOL WG  plane the crashing Plane to Stabilize with 2.0.1.9:facepalm::P

Mickline #11 Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 25 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

Hello Pilots,

That being said, good things are coming. In the coming months, we will be implementing a variety of features, content and UI improvements including bringing back the planes' anniversaries, adding manual flaps (takes soma balls to name that a good thing coming in a few months), introducing a Deathmatch mode, and adding UI features such as an artificial horizon. We also have plans for special events and ranked battles which will be a great time for our competitive Aceshttp://blog.worldofwarplanes.eu/indev/world-warplanes-20-new-beginning/

This update also means an increased commitment from both the development and publishing arms of Wargaming to reinvigorate our game and our community. You will see more promotions, more partnerships, more content, and more game updates. But most importantly, you should see new pilots to battle against. We genuinely appreciate the devotion and support you have shown to World of Warplanes and also to our community here. Our hope is that you will give the new game a chance (i did : thumb down) and give room for new people who might like the changes.

Thank you

I bolded for you the funny parts.

Have fun with your game, don't forget to turn the light off when everyone left.

Eh, i just made some free space in my HD, i thank you for that.

Only last bullet matters --- Squad: 8.39 %, you ?

"Only thing which matters here is EULA - if you dont like it, you are free to stop using services provided to you by WG"

BigBadVuk, January 2015 the 23, 1:48 pm. Best thread closure ever.

No irony was involved during the making of this signature . . .

mirage77 #12 Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 92 battles

Right now the only good point the game has is a litlle better grafics. The conquest mode is new, so still has a lot of problems. But everthing esle is just much worse then in 1.9

The planes all feel and manouver the same, the sound is just bad, no real skill require to hit targets, the UI is nonsense, the minimap is useless (if i cant see all the map, whats the point of a minimap), some players have flaps others dont. Just a lot of problems.

Its good to see you are planing to change back some of this things but i dont think most of the players will ever trust the developers team again.

Edited by mirage77, 19 October 2017 - 11:16 PM.

Jonagus #13 Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 308 battles

Hello Pilots,

Thank you

Whatever, I dont trust WG anymore, in 4 years I shoot down more thant 50.000 planes I have enjoyed this game, just up to v2.0. Before I have seen many friends quiting the game after the updates, that changes were  small ones compare with v2.0. The credibility of WG staff at this point is below 0. maybe you are right and everything is wonderful in the future, I dont have any expectation, I have uninstalled the game not as a revenge or something like that. It is more simple this game now WOWP v2.0 is not playable. 

From the begining WG try to get involved in WWOP the players of WOT, I enjoyed WOWP v1.9 but I get bored to death with WOT and I have the same problem with WOWP v2.0 you try to get more players involved making the game simple, but if you dont succed in your purpose you kill a game that would have become a classic in the years to came, there are always people who enjoy the planes and the challenge proposed by this wonderfull game.

Jonagus

Edited by Jonagus, 19 October 2017 - 09:43 PM.

Jona1959

The_Last_Jedi #14 Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 455 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

This Conquest mode should be a team/clans mode to cooperate for a win. Something like CW/SH/Teams in WoT. I saw this is the rules and concept.

In 2.0 you can do something for you, but can't tell others what they need to do for not to be defeated.

You can't influence the game too hard because you need time to flight and hit in another location. Fighters are not protecting ground atackers... and so on...

The great succes in 1.9 was that everyone coud influence the battle by using planes abilities, pilots and players skils... and mostly the unic game mechanics. Now is all uniform and flat. It count the most HP and firepower.

1.9 mistakes were in forced sealclubbing (1-4) for missions and token rewards and speculating flights with OP planes.

Just my 2 cents.

And please give my flaps back ASP!

Didgnmatt #15 Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 10 battles

View Postmirage77, on 19 October 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

Right now the only good point the game has is a litlle better grafics. The conquest mode is new, so still has a lot of problems. But everthing esle is just much worse then in 1.9

Lol, just highlighted the most funny part.

Players actually find it NORMAL that with WG-titles new stuff has a lot of problems. :trollface:

Tested new stuff in 2 test-versions, in a released game people do pay money for extras.

Amazing.

I don´t find this normal.

My job is more fun than 2.0,

and i know analogue games that are more

challenging:
- Rolling dice for example

where you can influence the outcome of the game

a lot better than in 2.0

The early bird gets the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese

Bromvogel #16 Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

Senior Airman

• 713 battles
  • [SABB] SABB

OK version 2.0 is out. Some things are likeable, others are bad. I think enough said in the various forums.

My question is - When is the first update patches coming to rectify basic problems like not registering combat recce missions, extremely high xp required for daily missions and some more basic UI with your A/C.

I am running sri flying at a loss with my currency. I am unable to get loot crates and if i get them - where is the promised A/C building parts and I cannot see them in my store to sell that what I dont want..

At moment I am just flying my premium planes as it is only way I can make some money, to sustain my high tier flying as most of my games are loose games.

Please get basics of this mode to a bit of a better level and make some of us happy.

mirage77 #17 Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 92 battles

View PostDidgnmatt, on 20 October 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

Lol, just highlighted the most funny part.

Players actually find it NORMAL that with WG-titles new stuff has a lot of problems. :trollface:

Tested new stuff in 2 test-versions, in a released game people do pay money for extras.

Amazing.

I don´t find this normal.

My job is more fun than 2.0,

and i know analogue games that are more

challenging:
- Rolling dice for example

where you can influence the outcome of the game

a lot better than in 2.0

I was being nice. :hiding:

It still needs much work, kills not conting, invisible planes, etc...

But the worse part is the fact that all planes are the same. No real diferences between planes. And this this is just stupid, no escuses can be made for this.

:facepalm:

wlatopa #18 Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 86 battles

A game for monkeys that whine everytime that an experienced player shoot their down in a duel because they don't want to learn how fight. Now alive or dead,bots and server  do the outcome,Rigorously 50%.

A game of planes is not easy,because planes are not easy to drive.They have 3 dimensions,not 2 like tanks or ships.Make a game with planes and do it like a supermario bros,is a bad choice.

If you want to play with planes,learn to fly. Everything at once is not possible with planes,with 2.0 (game for monkeys ) yes.

Edited by wlatopa, 20 October 2017 - 04:20 PM.

dekicar1 #19 Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

Airman Basic

• 3 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

It is really insulting what you are saying.

I do not like new update at all. Will stop playing.

The new game sucks.

Who`s brilliant idea was it?

I am really sorry that I wasted so much time on this game.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 06 November 2017 - 08:08 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

kristermann #20 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

League Champion

• Squadron Leader
  • 1 battle
  • [-JFF] -JFF

This update is a testament to Wargaming’s commitment to our games and to you our players.

No, it's a massive middle finger up from WG at the experienced players who have put years into this game, both Beta and release.

Once again, I can see a big middle finger from WG aimed directly at us. Players who have put time & money into the game you made through beta & 1.X. It was loved by many as it was a skillful and difficult game to master. Quirks with planes, awareness of what was going on around you, clever play was needed to win and to survive. Now it's a shambles designed to entice idiots and low skill players to keep playing, flying badly and putting money into your coffers.

That being said, good things are coming. In the coming months, we will be implementing a variety of features, content and UI improvements including bringing back the planes' anniversaries, adding manual flaps, introducing a Deathmatch mode, and adding UI features such as an artificial horizon. We also have plans for special events and ranked battles which will be a great time for our competitive Aces.

You cannot polish a steaming turd. None of the experienced players give two hoots about plane anniversaries or re-adding simple features that you disgracefully removed from 1.9 (among many other disgraces). It will make little to no difference to the gameplay apart from teasing players with some of the best points from 1.9.

Respawning & capturing areas is the death nail in the WoWP coffin. It is the most stupid, utterly pointless addition to a FLYING game. Whoever made that decision should be drug out into the street at dawn and publicly flogged/shot.

WoWP was the only flying WW2 sim/arcade that required skill and situational awareness to get the best from your plane. It was next to perfect for casual dogfighting pleasure. You get shot down, you're dead, move onto the next game as you failed in this one (usually). 2.0 is a melting pot of bad play, idiot players and dumbed down kiddified strategies.

I played through beta, all through early release up until about a year ago where buying a house and girlfriend/work commitments took too much time to keep playing competitively. We won many tournaments and were European champions, twice. There is literally zero competitive mode now, no epic 5v5 dogfights where pilot skill and tactics were massive. It was fun, man vs man, brain vs brain and required skill to win.

How glad I am I never kept playing regularly for the last year, as I'd feel even more like you'd just punched me in the stomach and curled out a steaming log on my head while I was down.

In all honesty, there should be a law about ripping off paying customers with this stunt you've pulled. It's verging on outright criminal behaviour.

Good bye and good riddance

Edited by kristermann, 21 October 2017 - 12:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users