• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Chichila #41 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 2365 battles

For me :

SE100 is  fun and makes decent money

XFL-1 is  Very fun and makes decent money. Love the 37 mil

A6M3 - Most fun at T5, awesome guns coupled with awesome manuevrabulity= profit and makes me overlook the bad handling at higher altitude (sometime necessary on some maps with lots of heavies and bombers).

Blenheim bomber - is fun for seal clubbing at lower tiers altho' it doesn't make that much money

AR197 - is fun for T4, good alround multirole. Feel a bit guilty because it's also ood at seal clubbing

A26B - Very good credit earner and fun to play. Many times I go hunting other bombers and the defense is really good at same tier ( T7 heavies will still shred you in no time)

VB10 - Has very good firepower and great high alt climb and speed. It's fun to play. Decent credit earner

J4M - It's kinda meh so I can't usually get good games in it which means lowish income. Maybe it's just me.

I207/4 - Is insanely good at T4 but easily counterd by T5. 

BF110 C-6 - Nice for long range sniping and T4 bulying but easily outclassed by T5's.

M8A1 - Fast and somewhat maneuvrable but very very weak guns. 

Do17 Kauz - Fun heavy, ofc it does not make good money (it's T3 afterall)

XF4U1 - Weak guns, sluggish I don't like it at all = bad at making money even if it's T5.

AD10C - It's very maneuvrable and funny looking. But it's sloooow. The rear gunner does not get much use since it has weak guns and the plane is  anyway better at doing dog fights which means the rear gunner cannot bring guns to bear on enemies except occasional snapshots. But it's still fun to play overall even if not a good credit earner.

Ki-43 chinese - It's a Japanese Ki with weaker guns. Not recommended.

Venom - Insanely good at dogfightig although it must get very close to the targets (400m) and may die in the approach if heavies or spitfires get a good pass at you. But overall is fun.

Spitfire Ia - kinda like the Venom but it seems with less agility.

Other lower tier premiums are not worth mentioning because.

BravelyRanAway #42 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1813 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostChichila, on 16 May 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Other lower tier premiums are not worth mentioning because.

The tier IV LaGG-3(4) is a beast of a plane....a right plane shredder.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

zgubny #43 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 3049 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View PostChichila, on 16 May 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

For me :

M8A1 - Fast and somewhat maneuvrable but very very weak guns.

yeah but it's a tank ...

zgubny #44 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 3049 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 16 May 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

The tier IV LaGG-3(4) is a beast of a plane....a right plane shredder.

What about the Russian P40 with rockets ? i have the impression that this plane is really cool ...

PEAKY_BLINDER #45 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 1778 battles
  • [TF_UK] TF_UK

View PostTankCrusher352, on 27 October 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

Hey! i want to buy a prem plane for money making, which one (up to tier 7) would you folks recommend?

(And i already have a prem account so please do not recommend that instead of plane ^^)

German spitfire and a gremlin

Humboldt_ #46 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

Senior Airman

• 1106 battles

Tier 5 IL-2 Mod , great plane to train pilots / gunners and earn credits , also not to high tier to get killed by super bots anyway thats my opinian but I enjoy flying Gaa.

080kolta #47 Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 1746 battles
I.260 tiers Vlll , P80A , lL40P  :bajan:

Edited by 080kolta, 19 May 2018 - 02:58 PM.

olhacagueime #48 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 489 battles

I'll give my opinion base on what I have, starting from the lower tiers

I have both the stosser and the chinese hawk at tier 2, they're pretty much sealclubbers and usually end up with ridiculous scores and high credit income, same goes for the I15 withthe rocket engines at tier III

at tier 4 I got the BF110 and the Prem F2F (The Xf4 thingy). The BF is an autocannon beast wich brings a 37mm at tier 4, usually doenst leave many remains when it passes since it blows up everything if youaim it well, the latter feels heavy and the armament lackluster, still its a pretty plane.

Tier 5, i got the Spitfire Ia for free and its a good plane, but after playing the 5 to 7 spits, not having the hispano 20mms leaves much to be desired, still free plane and good lucks, ill takeit any day.

The SE-100 is a real treat, probably my favourite and most played, the quad 20mms tear trough anything, and the 20mm rear gun is a joy to catch anyone that dares following you or survived your first onslaught.

My most recent purchase was the tier 6 Ki-88. the 37mm is pretty devastating but overheats easily, however, you have the manueverability to evade and let the weapons cool down, only to lay waste time and time again on unsuspecting players/bots, also one thing i notice is most ignore that despite being a japanese fighter, you pack a big alpha cannon, and you can surprise some players that think they'll just wreck you head on, if not, you can just outturn them lol

That's it for me, i might consider a tier 7 soon, wich would probably be a meteor or an FW, so any suggestions let me know.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #49 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1356 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I recommend getting a plane that seems fun to fly, is a good credit grinder (many are in fact) and is in a line youd like to play. 

I have the spitfire V DB and the IL-2 mod as my main premiums, some others too. 
But those both meet all criteria i mention above. 

Id never waste money on stuff like the SE-100 since you cant train a crew with it, while with the IL-2 mod you can even train 2 members rather than just 1

BravelyRanAway #50 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 1813 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 19 June 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Id never waste money on stuff like the SE-100 since you cant train a crew with it,

It is fun though......and therefore worth the money.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

jakub_czyli_ja #51 Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1629 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 19 June 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Id never waste money on stuff like the SE-100 since you cant train a crew with it, while with the IL-2 mod you can even train 2 members rather than just 1

Why not?

It trains the crew as any other two seater.

In fact is quite surprising plane.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Isoruku_Yamamoto #52 Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1356 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 19 June 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

Why not?

It trains the crew as any other two seater.

In fact is quite surprising plane.

Sure, but it doesnt do so for any useful tech line. 

if possible i always prefer crew trainers over vehicles that only train their own crew- for instance id never really consider buying the Blyskawica in WoWS because there are no other polish ships. And in WoWS you can in fact make it useful still if the commander becomes fully trained, unlike in WoWP

houghtonbee #53 Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 995 battles

The only 'bad' premium plane I've found so far is the Hurricane IID, purely because of the inaccuracy of the cannon even with the various upgrades available to aiming (pre-2.0.5). Was interesting to have before the Hurricanes were put into a tech line but now is pretty redundant other than the odd game for the sake of it. The Jap A6M3 (Exp) suffers from a similar problem but has a lot more manoeuvrability which for me at least keeps it entertaining.

Only premium I was gifted and subsequently sold was the Hawk Chinese Tier 2 but that was years ago when I was a noob, I'd have kept it if I knew how easy it was going to be to get free planes and hanger slots from the various specials we've had, at the time I needed the slot for some grind or another. 

Other ones that I like - Do17, Bf110c, Spitfire 1a, XP31 (was incredible in 1.9!), Type 224, Chinese Mozzie, XFL1, LAGG3, LA11.

The tier 2 German FW (with the high monoplane wing, cant recall the name) seemed pretty useless in 2.0 but I've had the occasional decent game in it, so long as no one focuses on you it can be effective. 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #54 Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1356 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I also have the I-180-3. Play it way too little, but its basically a tier V I-15-bis.

Insane turn rates, good guns, decent speed & its only drawbacks are standard russian problems- altitude performance & the actual plane is just an origami version of the blueprints. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users