Join Us - Beer Belly Master Mindz EU, English Speaking, Mature.

bbmm english eu clan flight

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

maxram68 #221 Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5776 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View PostTimewarp76, on 30 November 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

..., stop by and say hi!

Doing that occationally/sometimes to some of you geezers (...usually after getting eradicated in game by same geezers...).

However, Discord seems to be a little low on numbers in the wowp-channel - also during prime-time...

reverzibilni #222 Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 69 battles
  • [PM101] PM101

View Postmaxram68, on 30 November 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

Doing that occationally/sometimes to some of you geezers (...usually after getting eradicated in game by same geezers...).

However, Discord seems to be a little low on numbers in the wowp-channel - also during prime-time...

Hey man,you still play this game?

maxram68 #223 Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:00 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5776 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

View Postreverzibilni, on 14 December 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

Hey man,you still play this game?

Hi reverz.

Long time no see, mate...great you're still around! :)

Short answer: Yes, I came back a little more than a year ago after being away for more than 2 years.

Long answer: When WG released WoWp 2.0 I (and almost all of COSTS) left - I guess it was the same for P___E, JFA, DFA, UN, D-302, EGSB, DITO, JG-52 etc.etc.

It's understandable: the entire, loyal playerbase (never mind the SIZE - I'm guessing it's more or less the same as we have these days) literally got burned. Completely.

But as time passed, I felt curious, reinstalled, and here I am....3 years later...

Very long answer: Yes - I (and a lot of other loyal souls) left on the exact day 2.0 was released. Raging. Fuming. Deranged. 

...and - worst - disillusioned, since I was a part of the closed test leading up to the release of 2.0, meaning I read every goddamn consideration raised by the testers.

Headed for WoWs with the rest of the geezers from this outfit (talk about customer loyalty...a different topic...).

However, WoWs rather quickly turned out to be even worse than WoWp 2 - but for a lot of different reasons: shallow gameplay, weird & completely over-the-top-OP ships (not isolated on high tiers, like we see here), insane Russian bias, LOL-failed 'adjustments' (CV-rework, just to mention one example), the feeling of having a 2nd job just to keep up, bizarre (read: glue-sniffing) players often destroying a battle, and - worst - a complete lack of opportunity to turn a battle around (unlike WoWp).

Got fed up. Burned out.

Tried other games every now and then and in between: WT, Aces High and IL-2 (just to mention some that comes to mind).

None of them really 'ignited' me, - although some came close. 

Reinstalled WoWp and rediscovered my beloved 109F (it's also somewhat weak in 2.x, but who gives a f...) among other nice planes.

Realised that Zeros, Spits and several others are now extremely...influential...compared to earlier.

Mainly because of the very compressed vertical airspace. Fortunately, a little BnZ is still doable imo.

Found out the hard way (and this is important!) that 2.x is not completely comparable with 1.x: More strategic/tactic considerations are needed in 2.x in order to have success. It's not enough to just slug it out anymore - even though that's fortunately still needed from time to time.

...and you can still turn around a battle singlehandedly.

I could go on, but then it would be an even longer answer than I inteded to post in the first place.

For the record (thanks for reading all the way to this part, dear reader) and as stated several times earlier: I honestly enjoy the gameplay in 2.x, but I frigging loved 1.x.

reverzibilni #224 Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 69 battles
  • [PM101] PM101

@max

Nice...,i am several time tried,but...i dont know what i need to do...this was great game on 1.9,for me...

sry for my english!

Also tagged with bbmm, english, eu, clan, flight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users