CheefCoach #321 Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3417 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostdUG1, on 13 August 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Disagree?

Well then:

I disagree with the fact that me and other forumites have asked numerous times to have this topic pinned, which was ignored.

I also disagree that I have asked WG staff to have this thread as a, say, community point for new stuff, events, forum-only-short-supply-codes (so random bots dont get them), which was also ignored.

I also also disagree that our community management and EU management in whole is, except for eekeeboo, a running joke.

I also also also disagree with the way WG handles WoWp support by giving bot responses without reading the ticket.

I also also also also disagree with devs not talking to us anymore, which they were willing to do months ago.

Overall, I disagree with a lot of things that WG have been pulling off lately but people seem to be fine with it, so I guess its all fine and dandy and I AM THE PROBLEM.

This is not aimed at you or anyone in particular, but a certain "group" mentioned that dont give a flying frak about it.

And thats perfectly fine, hence my withdrawal from doing their job and keeping their player base informed and granted new free stuff.

This is not disagreement, it is a critic. Community management isn't on the greatest level, and you are not in any case obliged to write on this topic, but that is not reason for it's closure. Somebody else might post new bonus code, and somebody other could use it. 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

GonerNL #322 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:19 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4701 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 13 August 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

increase the playerbase by getting the attention of those who have never tried WoWP's before....

Alienware also has a World of Warplanes Premium Invite Code (for new players) ... haven't seen anything about that either.

https://eu.alienware...de-key-giveaway

Edited by GonerNL, 13 August 2018 - 02:21 PM.

BravelyRanAway #323 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 2558 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostGonerNL, on 13 August 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

Alienware also has a World of Warplanes Premium Invite Code (for new players) ... haven't seen anything about that either.

I've seen that on the Alienware site, but I don't understand what you mean?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

GonerNL #324 Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:26 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4701 battles
Oh, nothing ; just because you said it wouldn't be wise to advertise free stuff on the forum. Some free stuff like invites should really be advertised because existing players could get friends in ...

dUG1 #325 Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4175 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 13 August 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

To be honest, it's not really advisable for WG to advertise all the free stuff on this forum.

The whole idea of giving out bonus codes on different sites and magazines is to increase the playerbase by getting the attention of those who have never tried WoWP's before....otherwise most of the codes would be taken by the existing playerbase before the new guys get a look in.

I really do appreciate your efforts in this thread and have gotten some nice freebies which otherwise would have been missed and for that, I thank you.

But there is a bigger picture which involves growing the playerbase or face the shut down scenario like 1.9.

In fact, to draw new players, we would need "epic" invite codes, because atm, marketing for this game is non-existent.

And I would be happy with new folks joining this game with good stuff to help them out.

Just like WG NA did for returning/existing players during 2.0 launch. We got nothing like that btw.

As it stands now, WG is not interested in that at all, or at least they are keeping it as a top secret project (kek).

As I said, the whole idea of this topic was to be a gathering point for existing players to get "free stuff" so they dont have to check reddit and discord all the time.

But since there is no initiative for that anymore, coupled with absolutely horrible decisions to go with Iron Maiden event during sub 3000 players summer period (I know a lot of regular players who missed it, me included)....why bother?

It feels more and more like a Stockholm's syndrome, and that makes me feel....sad.

EDIT: just noticed a new topic was pinned with 1 code.

Now, anyone care to explain that considering my post:

Block Quote

I disagree with the fact that me and other forumites have asked numerous times to have this topic pinned, which was ignored.

I also disagree that I have asked WG staff to have this thread as a, say, community point for new stuff, events, forum-only-short-supply-codes (so random bots dont get them), which was also ignored.

At this point, I dont care anymore, but its how things are done around "here" - incompetence and ignorance.

Edited by dUG1, 14 August 2018 - 08:45 AM.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #326 Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2150 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Well i suppose WG could promote WoWP with stuff like tier 5 or 6 premium invite codes- although they'd also have to throw in a tier 2 or 3 to make it look noob proof. 

But i am actually enjoying their promotions lately, things like the I-153-DM, the Spit-IM and all, i can appreciate that

eekeeboo #327 Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:58 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4412 battles
http://forum.worldof...lienware-arena/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users