XP-75 Meteor tier 7 premium plane best premium 2.0

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Doppelkupplungsgetriebe #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

Senior Airman

• 2720 battles
  • [DOGA] DOGA

Hello guys!

I believe there are some similar topics, but all prior to WoWp 2.0 so not sure how relevant they are...

I'm in a big dilemma, should I buy XP-75 or Meteor? Which is a better premium plane, regarding Credit and XP earning on one hand, and which is a better performer in battle? I'm leaning towards the XP-75 because I find American MGs addictive and very fun to use... on the other hand, 20mm cannons on Meteor seem more effective, giving it better burst damage potential and much better gun range.

I see people saying that Meteor is a more or less the best choice for tier 7 premium because it is the only tier 7 with jet engines... (I'm at tier 7 with regular planes, having no jet experience so far). So what are advantages of jet (speed I assume)?? Looking at stats of XP-75 and Meteor, XP-75 seems much quicker and better in a Boom and Zoom role (Heavy Fighter vs Fighter). I guess I would opt for Meteor if it had better maneuverability like Spitfires but it just looks like a mediocore Boom & Zoomer statwise. So I'm confused, as you can see...

Btw, are there any important hidden stats (WG product) that I should know of regarding these 2 planes and Wowp? Where to check hidden stats if there are any? 

For Turn and Burn activities I'm getting German Spitfire, no doubt... all Spitfires are loads of fun and performance, so I will have that covered.

Any constructive advice is wellcome, more arguments and facts the better it is.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Dkg

Edited by Doppelkupplungsgetriebe, 13 November 2017 - 01:04 PM.

Eviscerador #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!!

• Beta Tester
  • 2534 battles
  • [BU-LL] BU-LL

If you already have spitfires the meteor will be useful for crew training.

I'm thinking in getting the XP 75 because 10 MG is serious dakka. You can never have enough MGs! Also, I plan to climb all the US heavy line to the XF 90 so...

Concerning performance, I will follow this topic because I'm also interested.

Ranzir #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:15 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1326 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
I advice against spending RL money on game that is pretty much dying.

Doppelkupplungsgetriebe #4 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 2720 battles
  • [DOGA] DOGA

View PostEviscerador, on 13 November 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

If you already have spitfires the meteor will be useful for crew training.

I'm thinking in getting the XP 75 because 10 MG is serious dakka. You can never have enough MGs! Also, I plan to climb all the US heavy line to the XF 90 so...

Concerning performance, I will follow this topic because I'm also interested.

I got Boomerang for training Spitfire pilots. I believe it benefits more from those as it has very similar performance and play style to Spits. :) Besides that, I also play American Thunderbolt line with massive MG power, so I find XP-75 fit for them.

Edited by Doppelkupplungsgetriebe, 13 November 2017 - 12:30 PM.

Grumpy_Guts #5 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5268 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

As a victim of both on more occasions than would like, have found the XP 75 more of a problem to counter.

Speaking and flying with team members having said aircraft they say it is fun to fly and with added bomb option more versatile, and good credit earner.  

VeryRisky #6 Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 379 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm interested in a premium US light figther.  Shoud expect the P-80A to show up in the shop again this year?

0viking0 #7 Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3489 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Guys... If anyone wants to waste some real money - go for Seafang. It could be bought inside the game for GOLD only (go to UK tech tree)... It prints silver.

P-80 would probably be available during Holydays...

Edited by 0viking0, 13 November 2017 - 01:53 PM.

eekeeboo #8 Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4143 battles

I can't believe what I've read so far....

Out of the 2 planes requested the meteor will be the much easier to use as well as play more consistently and contribute to the team. It is a plane that is good at everything all round and the guns are fantastic. 

For the money at the tier, the meteor is by far the best for making credits due to damage output and the missions you get for fighters etc. 

New_Death #9 Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 1394 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS
Doppel I already told you to get the Meteor. The mg heavy US planes are seriously lacking in higher tiers. I understand people enjoy their dakka dakka, but they just can't compare to autocannons. Eek said more than enough pretty much.

New_Death #10 Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

Senior Airman

• 1394 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS

View PostRanzir, on 13 November 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Thanks for being constructive! :popcorn:

Mr_Tayto #11 Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Senior Airman

• 575 battles

View PostRanzir, on 13 November 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

I'm sure he can spend his money on whatever he likes. If you think it's dying, why don't you just go away?

Doppelkupplungsgetriebe #12 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 2720 battles
  • [DOGA] DOGA

View Posteekeeboo, on 13 November 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

I can't believe what I've read so far....

Out of the 2 planes requested the meteor will be the much easier to use as well as play more consistently and contribute to the team. It is a plane that is good at everything all round and the guns are fantastic. 

For the money at the tier, the meteor is by far the best for making credits due to damage output and the missions you get for fighters etc. 

Well... then you'll be surprised what one can find on the YouTube made by not so marginal YouTuber.

https://youtu.be/Zllb3pFDf7c

View PostNew_Death, on 13 November 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Doppel I already told you to get the Meteor. The mg heavy US planes are seriously lacking in higher tiers. I understand people enjoy their dakka dakka, but they just can't compare to autocannons. Eek said more than enough pretty much.

My apologies grand master New_Death for not obeying you...

I just wanted more info on the topic and I believe many players would be interested in it too since 2.0 many old "rules" aren't applicable by the default... and as you can see, info you can stumble upon the Internet isn't so uniformed as one would think.

I really hope Eek or even Flamu, who is still pretty new to the game - but its Flamu after all :)  would make some premium plane reviews for the community. Black Friday is nearing and I bet many players would like to know what to grab when the occasion comes.

Edited by Doppelkupplungsgetriebe, 13 November 2017 - 07:23 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #13 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2280 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostDoppelkupplungsgetriebe, on 13 November 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Well... then you'll be surprised what one can find on the YouTube made by not so marginal YouTuber.

https://youtu.be/Zllb3pFDf7c

My apologies grand master New_Death for not obeying you...

I just wanted more info on the topic and I believe many players would be interested in it too since 2.0 many old "rules" aren't applicable by the default... and as you can see, info you can stumble upon the Internet isn't so uniformed as one would think.

I really hope Eek or even Flamu, who is still pretty new to the game - but its Flamu after all :)  would make some premium plane reviews for the community.

Yep, personal bests for each plane, really informative.

If you know better, why do you ask?

Everything below tier VIII are just for pilot training. Money is being printed by tier VIIIs.

waxx25 #14 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1834 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
i find killing xp-75 much easier than the meteor so from that point of view I would say meteor is better because of its speed, firepower and maneuverability.

Doppelkupplungsgetriebe #15 Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

Senior Airman

• 2720 battles
  • [DOGA] DOGA

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 13 November 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

Yep, personal bests for each plane, really informative.

If you know better, why do you ask?

Everything below tier VIII are just for pilot training. Money is being printed by tier VIIIs.

I don't say I know better by the default... in fact I had some dilemma about what is better as you can plainly see from my 1st post. I just gave an example of how can you get contradictory review and info.

Btw, another question for eekeeboo, New_Death and others... which tier 8 premium is best at this point? My thoughts go with Seafang and Me 109 TL or am I wrong?

jakub_czyli_ja #16 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2280 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Seafang, Chinese, P-80, some say XP-58, long gap, the rest.

waxx25 #17 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1834 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 13 November 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Seafang, Chinese, P-80, some say XP-58, long gap, the rest.

OP don't listen to this guy. He is a salty 1.9 player and his opinions area  bit out of date.

Doppelkupplungsgetriebe #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:36 AM

Senior Airman

• 2720 battles
  • [DOGA] DOGA

View Postwaxx25, on 13 November 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

OP don't listen to this guy. He is a salty 1.9 player and his opinions area  bit out of date.

Thanks... he seemed fishy.

Ranzir #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:11 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1326 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostMr_Tayto, on 13 November 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

I'm sure he can spend his money on whatever he likes. If you think it's dying, why don't you just go away?

Playing for tokens and resulting prem time for tanks. And off course he can spend money on whatever he likes, just pointing out that it is not best to spend on this game.

Timewarp76 #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1033 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I have the XP-75 and can say it is pretty fun and is a decent credit earner and crew trainer if you have any American planes. I don't have the Meteor so I can't really speak to it. I can add that Gaming_Bear also has the XP-75 in his top 5 premium planes and says the reason he chose it over the Meteor is because the Meteor is a bit too fast and tends to overshoot the enemy. Like I said I don't have it just relaying what I seen in reviews. Here are a few reviews.

[BBMM] Beer Belly Master Mindz (recruiting) - English Speaking - Mature
If you are interested in having some fun and hanging out with a good crowd, look us up! Our primary  game language is English and we have members from all over the EU and even a few Americans living in Germany as well. We are typically online nightly around 2100 CET. Feel free to stop by and say hi, our voice server is Discord here is the link https://:  discord.gg/mezA43q

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users