• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #21 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3529 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostDoppelkupplungsgetriebe, on 13 November 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

I don't say I know better by the default... in fact I had some dilemma about what is better as you can plainly see from my 1st post. I just gave an example of how can you get contradictory review and info.

Btw, another question for eekeeboo, New_Death and others... which tier 8 premium is best at this point? My thoughts go with Seafang and Me 109 TL or am I wrong?

I do intend to make videos, but as I haven't done them before, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I want the videos to be of decent quality and will showcase the planes strengths, weaknesses and in different scenarios. 

The issue you have with regards to things like the meteor is that people try to play it in a way they shouldn't. If you've played a spitfire, you can play a meteor, it really is quite as basic as that. 

As for tier 8 premiums. This comes down more to your preferred play style, aiming ability. With a tier 8 premium you could possibly be spending hours in, you want something you genuinely enjoy playing, for me it's the i260 because I can hit things reliably with the 57mm. 

Doppelkupplungsgetriebe #22 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

Senior Airman

• 2631 battles
  • [DOGA] DOGA

View Posteekeeboo, on 14 November 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

I do intend to make videos, but as I haven't done them before, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I want the videos to be of decent quality and will showcase the planes strengths, weaknesses and in different scenarios. 

The issue you have with regards to things like the meteor is that people try to play it in a way they shouldn't. If you've played a spitfire, you can play a meteor, it really is quite as basic as that. 

As for tier 8 premiums. This comes down more to your preferred play style, aiming ability. With a tier 8 premium you could possibly be spending hours in, you want something you genuinely enjoy playing, for me it's the i260 because I can hit things reliably with the 57mm. 

I'm happy to hear that you plan on doing videos, being a perfectionist. :great: I've played Spitfires up to tier 7 and I love them all... same goes for Japanese Zero line. So as you can guess, I really enjoy those dogfights... but Meteor (statwise) doesn't seem to be much of a dogfighter because its maneuverability seems very lacking compared to Spitfire. So what do you mean by comparing the two?

Isn't Meteor more of a Boom and Zoom aircraft? What would be the wrong way of playing Meteor, since you're mentioning people doing that?

Besides Spits and Zeros, I pretty much like Corsair line (tier 7 so far) and Thunderbolt line (also tier 7 so far) is enjoyable because of its silly MGs combined with serious GA ability. However it is true that I find Corsairs more consistent in performance than Thunderbolts. I guess thanks to better maneuverability and bursty long range autocannons. 

Regarding potential tier 8 prem, I-260 definitely doesn't look like my cup of cake as I don't enjoy sniping and to be frank I'm not good at it yet. I'm having issues performing even on average level in my Bf-110 C6 which has similar sniping cannon. I got it 3 yrs ago when starting WoWp and while it was a different beast. So any gun that has rate of fire lower than at least 120 is a bad choice for me.

eekeeboo #23 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 3529 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostDoppelkupplungsgetriebe, on 14 November 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

When you look at the stats on turning, if you look at its ability to turn 360, then look at its stall speed. By comparing them I mean, if you like the spitfires ability to do an all round job, then the meteor does the same. You will have a hard time against 109g and i220s but so will anything else at the tier. 

The meteor is a fighter that can boom and zoom, but turn as well. 

Doppelkupplungsgetriebe #24 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 2631 battles
  • [DOGA] DOGA

View Posteekeeboo, on 14 November 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

When you look at the stats on turning, if you look at its ability to turn 360, then look at its stall speed. By comparing them I mean, if you like the spitfires ability to do an all round job, then the meteor does the same. You will have a hard time against 109g and i220s but so will anything else at the tier. 

The meteor is a fighter that can boom and zoom, but turn as well. 

Hard time against 109g and i220 in regards of high altitude performance or what?

eekeeboo #25 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 3529 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
they will out turn you if you aren't careful and if the pilot knows what they are doing and built properly they are faster. But if you get a feel of your plane you can out play them. Like any plane in the game, it has counters. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users