How are daily missions generated?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Horcan #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 459 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

Im a bit confused about how daily missions are generated, is there an algorithm that pick x y z factors and create one, like do a certain number of capture points, with a specific plane type, over certain areas, attacking or defending etc ? Or are they manually designed and someone actually test them if they are doable. Because there is not a single day that i dont come across a mission that i find next to impossible to complete in every tier category ( i know im not a great player, but still , they should be doable by every casual average Joe ), like destroy 15 ground targets ( i cant even imagine being done at teir 1-4 , the bases are captured very fast, they are very few and games end preety fast ) , or do 3-4k combat points while defending without die or it reset ( i guess there can be very good and lucky players that find this very easy, but to do that amount only by killing planes ( 200 or 75 points each ) is very hard for me especially at 9-10 ) .

Not to mention the ones that i consider retarded, like assist in destroying 40 planes, i mean seriously, that involve you shooting bots to few points and hope someone in your team will finish him , or you go completly insane until you finish mission by fair assists.

I know support does not play the game, i opened ticket about 75 gold mission that wasnt working, and 3 different guys told me its working fine, and two of them didnt know replays are disabled and kept asking me for replay. But not even devs play the game? Do they find this missions interesting and doable?

omglaserspewpew #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 387 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
If you look at some of the developer videos they posted in the past years, you'll see a certain black kitty that is strolling through the studio and is Persha's resident house cat. Now, why would they need a cat for? You'd think it's for hunting mice, being petted and looking pretty in videos, but this is not the case! For that cat is none other than the mission selector herself! It is by the will of that black creature and its twisted mind that you get "25.000 exp with multiroles" missions and similar. Because, as we know, cats are a bit of sociopaths. So next time you get impossible missions, blame the cat.

Pitulusu #3 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:52 AM

Senior Airman

• 466 battles
seems that they are more and more harder to make... kill 40 planes over command center in heavy fighter... really? first of all command center i get like 1 in 3-4 games, then heavy fighter aințt fighter to make easy kills so you will need like 20-40 games for this mission in a single type of planes...

rainmakerltu #4 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 265 battles

View PostPitulusu, on 15 November 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

seems that they are more and more harder to make... kill 40 planes over command center in heavy fighter... really? first of all command center i get like 1 in 3-4 games, then heavy fighter aințt fighter to make easy kills so you will need like 20-40 games for this mission in a single type of planes...

I need multirole fighter for that mission. I have noticed that second time now - missions are different for different people.

omglaserspewpew #5 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 387 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Postrainmakerltu, on 15 November 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

... missions are different for different people.

Of course they're different. The cat sees into everyone's soul.

bsen_g #6 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

Airman Basic

• 843 battles

A lot of the tasks don't make sense. Two of mine at the moment are "assist to destroy ground targets" and "assist to destroy aerial targets". Am I supposed to 'nearly' destroy a target and then leave it to be finished off by somebody else?

rainmakerltu #7 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 265 battles

View Postbsen_g, on 15 November 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

A lot of the tasks don't make sense. Two of mine at the moment are "assist to destroy ground targets" and "assist to destroy aerial targets". Am I supposed to 'nearly' destroy a target and then leave it to be finished off by somebody else?

With ground targets is easy when there are two of you attacking. One kills the AA itself (gun), when other drops bomb and kills the ground target completely. You will get assist. At least I did this mission like that. Overall you think correct. With aerial - shoot but not kill every plane you can. Rear gunner sometimes makes many assists when flying under group of dogfighting folks. He shoots at enemies which eventually get killed by someone else.

Edited by rainmakerltu, 15 November 2017 - 10:39 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users