Could mastery points logic be improved?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

VeryRisky #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 255 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm not against the concept of mastery points, rather that just weighting up a damage total, it is intended to award you trying to win.   However there are a few places where it can lead to irrational behaviour, such as waiting for an enemy to enter the base before attacking rather than interceping it.   This is more extreme when you have bomber flights.   As far as I can see you don't get points for defending when you intercept them, unless they happen to be overflying another base.   Surely there needs to be some logic where the destination of the target plane is taken into account?

rainmakerltu #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 265 battles

I would say, player should get points for every kill or assist, no matter where at map, he does it. A kill is a kill anyway... As with bombers, if you got them before they entered your controlled airspace, thats it - you done your job good, base saved, reward should be issued. 

Like in this old anecdote. A secretaty tells Gorbatchev, that one georgian guy wanna see him. Gorbatchev agrees, - let him in. Georgian comes in and says - what is in my left hand? Gorbatchev - a grapes. Georgian - and what is in my right hand? Gorbatchev - a glass. Georgian - if I press the grapes into glass, what gonna happen? Gorbatchev - a juice. Georgian - then what difference - now I drink it or after few years?

/It`s tied with 1985-1990 alcohol prohibition campain, 2 months after Gorbatchev became a leader of party/

/Georgia - country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. Known for winemaking/

GoldKnight #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1018 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postrainmakerltu, on 14 November 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

I would say, player should get points for every kill or assist, no matter where at map, he does it. A kill is a kill anyway... As with bombers, if you got them before they entered your controlled airspace, thats it - you done your job good, base saved, reward should be issued. 

Like in this old anecdote. A secretaty tells Gorbatchev, that one georgian guy wanna see him. Gorbatchev agrees, - let him in. Georgian comes in and says - what is in my left hand? Gorbatchev - a grapes. Georgian - and what is in my right hand? Gorbatchev - a glass. Georgian - if I press the grapes into glass, what gonna happen? Gorbatchev - a juice. Georgian - then what difference - now I drink it or after few years?

/It`s tied with 1985-1990 alcohol prohibition campain, 2 months after Gorbatchev became a leader of party/

/Georgia - country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. Known for winemaking/

Ehm, for killing bombers u get combat points infact, but when u have 5-6 planes following bombers, leaving empty the bases, sorry, i don't see why such things should help the team. Meanwhile u get down those bombers u are leaving to enemy team the possibility to get another or even 2 bases, which gives THEM an huge advantage, not to ur team

rainmakerltu #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 265 battles
I`m getting points for bombers? Ha! Then was too busy to notice. Plus I don`t kill many of them - there are other things to do mostly. Thanks, good to know. And yeah, how many times I wanted to say in chat - leave these damn bombers... I don`t mind if one or two heavy fighters goes after them, when rest of team stays. But when almost whole team chasing them... From other hand, when enemy team are chasing them... hehe...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users