Advice needed: the FW190 line

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Check_Six #21 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 639 battles
  • [FKISS] FKISS

FW's are just as they should be.. Great firepower, but not really accurate (like most 30mm guns..)

It's better to consider them as "false heavies" . Hit & Run is the trick. But instead of climbing, sometimes it's better to dive and gain speed to outrun your pursuer.

"L'hélice n'est qu'un gros ventilateur. C'est quand elle s'arrête que le pilote commence à transpirer.."

"Propeller is nothing else than a fan. When it stops spinning, the pilot start to sweat.."

eekeeboo #22 Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1389 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Don't make me break out my FW planes again laser :P

omglaserspewpew #23 Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 359 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 November 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

Don't make me break out my FW planes again laser :P

Is this a Challenge?! :trollface:

View Postjeff_peters, on 16 November 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I like playing both. Corsair is disadvantaged in a head on and is much squishier and easier to damage - much bigger target. FW is much better at dodging and surviving in those oh sh*t moments where something nasty you overlooked is going all shooty shooty your way. I know the balance isn't perfect, but straight saying FW's are useless is just dishonest. In some situations the Corsair will shine, in others, FW will.

OK, I take back the "useless", but the "underpowered" stays. :izmena:

View PostEviscerador, on 16 November 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Why would I play anything different than an Obj 140 in world of tanks? because sometimes I like to play different vehicles, even if I know that they are not the best in class.

PS: I find funny you didn't bring on the table the Thunderbolt which I consider superior to both the Corsair and the Fw.

Yeah, but that's subjective and since I have no idea how much forum peoples like the plane itself, I have to go with winning or token mission farming viability, no?

PS. Thunderbolts really aren't superior to Corsairs. I'd put them beside FWs, they were nerfed a lot too.

jakub_czyli_ja #24 Posted Yesterday, 07:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 204 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Postjeff_peters, on 16 November 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I like playing both. Corsair is disadvantaged in a head on and is much squishier and easier to damage - much bigger target. FW is much better at dodging and surviving in those oh sh*t moments where something nasty you overlooked is going all shooty shooty your way. I know the balance isn't perfect, but straight saying FW's are useless is just dishonest. In some situations the Corsair will shine, in others, FW will.

From my obserwation FW will shine only in moments that sheer firepower is needed, in every other case Corsair is better.

FW line relies heavy on diving - the zoom part, but in current WoWP state acceleration in angles from horizontal to vertical down seems to be heavily broken - you dive, you boost, noting seem to be happening except digits increasing, and it looks like it starts to happening few seconds later.

Plus FW problems with stall - as far as I noticed, there is no other line which behaves like FW in stall. While FW should behave pretty well due to big and heavy engine and small airframe.

So it looks like WG/Persha doesn't love FWs.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

eekeeboo #25 Posted Yesterday, 08:38 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 1389 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 17 November 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

From my obserwation FW will shine only in moments that sheer firepower is needed, in every other case Corsair is better.

FW line relies heavy on diving - the zoom part, but in current WoWP state acceleration in angles from horizontal to vertical down seems to be heavily broken - you dive, you boost, noting seem to be happening except digits increasing, and it looks like it starts to happening few seconds later.

Plus FW problems with stall - as far as I noticed, there is no other line which behaves like FW in stall. While FW should behave pretty well due to big and heavy engine and small airframe.

So it looks like WG/Persha doesn't love FWs.

That stalling behaviour only happens if you lose all of your speed and push it too far, if you avoid 80kph stall speed you are fine. 

jakub_czyli_ja #26 Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 204 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Posteekeeboo, on 17 November 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

That stalling behaviour only happens if you lose all of your speed and push it too far, if you avoid 80kph stall speed you are fine. 

Stalling itself is understandable.

Problem is what happens after plane stalls, you can turn the nose towards grould, and then nothing changes.

You fly straight down with speed between 80-90 km/h, and plane doesn't gain enough speed to regain control.

In normal world you should accelerate by over 10 m/s^2 (gravitation plus engine thrust), which means that you should get about 40 km/h after a second of such fall.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users