Helping guide for 2.0 plane equipment

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

waxx25 #1 Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1834 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

A friend of mine eekeeboo did this so all cred goes to him I just thought it would be useful for the newer players on the forum here. Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/102ND5TFbHXRALVx3kOV7k9byd4d5hOxBis5GWU5z56U/edit#gid=2127150343

eekeeboo #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:25 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4156 battles

Many thanks! For those who haven't heard from myself already, these are not steadfast rules, you choose what works best for you and your play style. These are what I suggest to get the best out of the offensive capability (things like mustangs). 

Feedback is most welcome and if someone has a build or set-up that works particularly well I'm happy to hear it and let people know your build and advice! 

Dhilys #3 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3140 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posteekeeboo, on 23 November 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

Many thanks! For those who haven't heard from myself already, these are not steadfast rules, you choose what works best for you and your play style. These are what I suggest to get the best out of the offensive capability (things like mustangs). 

Feedback is most welcome and if someone has a build or set-up that works particularly well I'm happy to hear it and let people know your build and advice! 

its a very handy guide thx eekeeboo :)

eekeeboo #4 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4156 battles

View PostDhilys, on 23 November 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

its a very handy guide thx eekeeboo :)

You're most welcome, I hope it helps !

rainmakerltu #5 Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 337 battles
On many planes my defo config is add to engine power and shooting accuracy. Third most liked upgrade is which adds most to maneuverability.

jakub_czyli_ja #6 Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2393 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

My default is engine, reticle, self sealing fuel tank. Simply because they can be demounted.

When I want keep the plane, engine and reticle are still cool, and the 3rd is usually airframe increasing survivability, or something special, like increased maneuverability on tier I sealclubbing planes or increase of max speed for Ki-61.

Sad thing is that WoWP 2.0 enthusiast can't read and understand equipment descriptions on their own.

Wizzmann #7 Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 660 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 24 November 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

Sad thing is that WoWP 2.0 enthusiast can't read and understand equipment descriptions on their own.

Now this is a rather harsh and mean comment to say.

Also I can't help but wonder, what could have possible gave away this apparent common perk among us 2.0 enthusiasts?

svadilfari #8 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3357 battles

thanks for putting so much effort into this iki! much appreciated

i noticed that you recommend gunsights and marksman for almost every plane.

isn´t the benefit of hub mounted and ~20mm guns too small to fully spec into?

i generally spec for accuracy only on wing mounted and/or 30mm cannons to improve manoeuvrability instead.

thoughts?

tank276 #9 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

Airman Basic

• 642 battles

I use improved covering on nearly all my planes, and I usually slot Lightweight airframe on the most agile ones (Zeroes, Spitfires and Yaks).

The third slot I keep open for demountables like improved gun sights (or if the plane catches fire a lot,sealed fuel tanks).

On multi roles,, I usually (apart from improved covering) take something to increase engine or engine boost.

Cheers and thnx to @eekeeboo for chart

Dhilys #10 Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3140 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
just got myself the Hurricane and im torn between engine tuning or polish for my last slot ( any suggestions?)

Keulz #11 Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1754 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View Posteekeeboo, on 23 November 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Nice hard work, but i do have a complain about it, i think you clearly underestimated ADE. Just do training rooms to check the impact it can have. 

Combined with tuning, polish and airframe, for example, gives you a big buff fo just 2 points.

eekeeboo #12 Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4156 battles

View Postsvadilfari, on 24 November 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

thanks for putting so much effort into this iki! much appreciated

i noticed that you recommend gunsights and marksman for almost every plane.

isn´t the benefit of hub mounted and ~20mm guns too small to fully spec into?

i generally spec for accuracy only on wing mounted and/or 30mm cannons to improve manoeuvrability instead.

thoughts?

I find accuracy is so important with the current system of aim assist and hit registration. It's always nice to make all your bullets count as much as possible. Hub mounted guns will generally have slightly longer range so it's nicer to reduce that spread at longer ranges. There are exceptions, true, but when the gunsights work and stack with the marksman i and 2 skills too that accuracy really adds up. 

View PostDhilys, on 24 November 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

just got myself the Hurricane and im torn between engine tuning or polish for my last slot ( any suggestions?)

The hurricane is a strange beast in that it turns OK but could help with it, at the same time the wings are large and can get crit a lot. The speed isn't great so engine tuning works better than polish will. So what you need to do is to try to look at how you fly more often and how your games go, look for certain events where you think "I wish i had more of...." and then look at the equipment that will best serve you closing the gap. 

View PostKeulz, on 24 November 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

Nice hard work, but i do have a complain about it, i think you clearly underestimated ADE. Just do training rooms to check the impact it can have. 

Combined with tuning, polish and airframe, for example, gives you a big buff fo just 2 points.

You are welcome to complain, as I stated above these are best for how i play and are mostly suggestions for planes you grind through. ADE only really will benefit the things with polish as you say, so planes that require fast dives and energy retention will benefit from the increased effect on speed etc, but they also benefit from more turning at higher altitudes where you need all the help you can get vs 109s in their peak altitude. 

This is all about what works for you and how you get the best out of your plane, if you have other suggestions, make them, i'm not saying they're wrong, that spreadsheet is pretty much a "You can't go wrong if..." If you are going to keep a plane that's where you change equipment somewhat like Engine tuning, polish and sights then take ADE and guru 1 and 2 then marksman. 

Dhilys #13 Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3140 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posteekeeboo, on 24 November 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

I find accuracy is so important with the current system of aim assist and hit registration. It's always nice to make all your bullets count as much as possible. Hub mounted guns will generally have slightly longer range so it's nicer to reduce that spread at longer ranges. There are exceptions, true, but when the gunsights work and stack with the marksman i and 2 skills too that accuracy really adds up. 

The hurricane is a strange beast in that it turns OK but could help with it, at the same time the wings are large and can get crit a lot. The speed isn't great so engine tuning works better than polish will. So what you need to do is to try to look at how you fly more often and how your games go, look for certain events where you think "I wish i had more of...." and then look at the equipment that will best serve you closing the gap. 

my earlier exp is the same currently running with improved reflector. lightweight airframe  and tuning  but i might take up your suggestion and get improved covering

eekeeboo #14 Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4156 battles

View PostDhilys, on 24 November 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

my earlier exp is the same currently running with improved reflector. lightweight airframe  and tuning  but i might take up your suggestion and get improved covering

I am a huge fan of improving offensive aspects of my planes rather than trying to buff up the defensive unless I'm in something that cannot use situational awareness as a defence (ie GAA) but sometimes in certain planes with huge wings that always suffer than i'll put on a bit less crit, but that's only if polish/lightweight isn't going to help. 

rainmakerltu #15 Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 337 battles
I think better accuracy is a must have for planes with high guns overheat rate. You simply can`t spray`n`pray like in low tiers, need manage short bursts and better they hit target.

Keulz #16 Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:14 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1754 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View Posteekeeboo, on 24 November 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

and hit registration.

What do you mean by that ?

eekeeboo #17 Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4156 battles

View PostKeulz, on 25 November 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

What do you mean by that ?

The way your rounds are assisted onto the target by the in-game aim assist. The more concentrated your rounds the more it's likely to fall into the "hit" zone of the aim assist. 

Dhilys #18 Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3140 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posteekeeboo, on 25 November 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

The way your rounds are assisted onto the target by the in-game aim assist. The more concentrated your rounds the more it's likely to fall into the "hit" zone of the aim assist. 

maybe its just me but the bigger the round the less likely to fall into the hitzone imo (i especially noticed it with the Hurricane IID) even with marksman II and reflector

jakub_czyli_ja #19 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2393 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Marksman II seems to be tricky.

From my observation, it worked ok with spray'n'pray machine guns, cannons were not so great, and finally 50mm cannon was again ok.

eekeeboo #20 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4156 battles

View PostDhilys, on 25 November 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

maybe its just me but the bigger the round the less likely to fall into the hitzone imo (i especially noticed it with the Hurricane IID) even with marksman II and reflector

You'll notice it more with stuff at close range and the effect on hitting things after it's passed you sometimes with lower velocity guns like those on the xp 58

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users