4K resolution UI scaling request.

4K UI Scaling request ultra settings GTX1070 GTX1080 resolution HUD

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Mikhail__ #1 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2173 battles

Please just do it. How many people with good PCs have to struggle in Full HD? Its almost 2018 and YOUR game looks alot better in 4K! Is it so hard to implement it? GTX 980Ti, GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 can handle 4K on high-ultra settings + AA.

4K gaming is common now. Especially in EU/US. The game can become interesting for many new players / rich paying customers with strong hardware. New group and income.

Help me out and post your comments here to make it important.

Edited by Mikhail__, 23 November 2017 - 08:32 AM.

_se7en #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6356 battles
I support this.

My favourite youtubers:

Tironan: https://www.youtube....xlgqgTATDskLKnA

Phontomen, Shrike Gaming, Magus, Gaming Bear, Mighty Jingles, Flamu, Notser, iChase

Senjougahara #3 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3168 battles
It does make sense that people who play 4K are more likely to be whales willing to spend stupid amounts of money on the game, so making them happy is probably a good idea.

GoldKnight #4 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5849 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

yes, give the 4k UI when the game is not even optimized for lower resolutions :P

Basically u are asking to ruin ur life deeply, if they introduce 4k right now it gonna be a mess, they have to optmizie the game for other resolutions and once they do that they can introduce the 4k, other it gonna be an unbeliavable disaster with low fps and scattering

Senjougahara #5 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3168 battles

View PostGoldKnight, on 23 November 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

yes, give the 4k UI when the game is not even optimized for lower resolutions :P

Basically u are asking to ruin ur life deeply, if they introduce 4k right now it gonna be a mess, they have to optmizie the game for other resolutions and once they do that they can introduce the 4k, other it gonna be an unbeliavable disaster with low fps and scattering

You realise the game already runs fine at 4K if you're not using a toaster right? The problem is the UI elements are just tiny because they don't scale up that high. The only thing they need to adjust is the UI scaling, which doesn't really have anything to do with performance, since it's rendering exactly the same UI elements it's just adjusting the size of them

rainmakerltu #6 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 337 battles

View PostSenjougahara, on 23 November 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

You realise the game already runs fine at 4K if you're not using a toaster right? The problem is the UI elements are just tiny because they don't scale up that high. The only thing they need to adjust is the UI scaling, which doesn't really have anything to do with performance, since it's rendering exactly the same UI elements it's just adjusting the size of them

Heh... really not many whales here in games. Some (and I guess 30 percent, more or less) sitting in laptops (noteboooks). And personally, my monitor supports full HD tops. Can`t afford to buy new monitor every year or two. Agree with those, who say, optimise what we got and then add new features. Step by step. Not throw everything into kettle and see what will come out of it.

Mikhail__ #7 Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2173 battles

I have 2x SLI GTX 1080 and 27 inch 4K monitor.It does not matter what resolution I choose. I always have the same FPS values.

Senjougahara #8 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3168 battles

View Postrainmakerltu, on 23 November 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Agree with those, who say, optimise what we got and then add new features. Step by step. Not throw everything into kettle and see what will come out of it.

UI scaling isn't a new feature, it's already there, it just doesn't scale beyond full HD - it's more about extending it to scale properly at 4K and beyond. It's not a big task, especially compared to general performance optimisation, so it's not like it'll take away resources from anything else. UI scaling can be fixed quickly while fixing performance will be an ongoing process, not doing anything else until performance is fixed means nothing else will ever be done.

GoldKnight #9 Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5849 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostMikhail__, on 24 November 2017 - 03:43 AM, said:

I have 2x SLI GTX 1080 and 27 inch 4K monitor.It does not matter what resolution I choose. I always have the same FPS values.

Game is poorly optimized, reason why many players have same crap fps on max resolution or low one. If i set everything on max or everything on low i have the same fps, pretty retarded i would say. Considering not everyone can afford an useless last gen pc and 95% of world population doesn't spend so much on pc, i would consider pretty stupid that a game of 4years old is not running decently on non end builds. How many players could be cutted off for such reason? I would say way more than those with a 4k which is absolutely pointless apart for the e-pe_nis

EDIT: hey moderators, u want to give me another warning for a post 2 years old? What a joke staff...

Edited by GoldKnight, 10 April 2019 - 05:38 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Senjougahara #10 Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3168 battles

"waaaah waaaaah waaah performance is so bad"

how does it feel to be poor?

4K resolution, max settings and solid 60FPS

stop pretending like it's the game running like crap when it's your computer that is crap

Wizmoe #11 Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

Airman Basic

• 87 battles

View Postrainmakerltu, on 23 November 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Heh... really not many whales here in games. Some (and I guess 30 percent, more or less) sitting in laptops (noteboooks). And personally, my monitor supports full HD tops. Can`t afford to buy new monitor every year or two. Agree with those, who say, optimise what we got and then add new features. Step by step. Not throw everything into kettle and see what will come out of it.

View PostGoldKnight, on 24 November 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

Edited

What's with being satisfied with something subpar? I don't understand how anyone can argue for technological stagnation. With people like you in charge of science we still wouldn't have invented the wheel because feet aren't optimized yet.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 09 April 2019 - 02:12 PM.

rainmakerltu #12 Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 337 battles

View PostWizmoe, on 24 November 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

What's with being satisfied with something subpar? I don't understand how anyone can argue for technological stagnation. With people like you in charge of science we still wouldn't have invented the wheel because feet aren't optimized yet.

He has the point there. I admit. Since I have no problems, I should say no more and let others speak. Or one thought - give game to japanese (Kojima and Co), so they will do their magic. I was surprised how nice MGS V ran on laptop... prolly best of all my games I could run on it.

Mikhail__ #13 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2173 battles

Recorded game in 1440p. UI is small but the game is playable. The quality is awesome. But still not as good as 4K.

Edited by Mikhail__, 13 June 2019 - 04:24 PM.

Goat_messiah #14 Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6415 battles
  • [LXGM] LXGM

Would love to see this happen.

If only WG staff would actually read the eu fora....

This forum is a joke.

None of your feedback will go where it is supposed to go.

No one's opinion will actually be considered.

Wargaming will not care if you live or die.

The only reason for me to turn back to this forum, is to repost this shitpost, or to check if this post had a proper reply by a proper wargaming staffmember, wich task description is broader that just moderating the fora.

As long as this post, or post alike have no adequate response, consider you and your opinion unheared, and ignored.

III

multiKiLLa #15 Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

Airman Basic

• Conquest Member
  • 2064 battles
  • [DALMA] DALMA

I'm no whale, but fortunate enough to have smhw bought Vega 64 and a 28'' 4K monitor, i support the idea of scaling up the UI elements to 4k...i play at 2k now, would love to see scaling feature for 4k, we all know its not a big deal and u don't have to mess with graphics as they work fine in 4k and yea i'm talking about wowp 2.0

Horcan #16 Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5135 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
Im sure people dont play this game for completely other reasons than the fact they dont have 4k UI or whatever you want.

Also tagged with 4K, UI, Scaling, request, ultra, settings, GTX1070, GTX1080, resolution, HUD

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users