Avoid! new patch broken with fps, (& also new ping lag & sudden dc spikes)

fps new patch dc ui graphics playability loot crates xmas boxes gambling

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SamuraiShakaViking #1 Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 484 battles
  • [GS-WS] GS-WS

The new patch is now suddenly UNPLAYABLE with fps drops, sudden client dc, ping & lag spikes. [Wows, wot still fine for now)

Gambled and Bought 2 xmas boxes (had to try it twice), BUT didn't even see what i got (if anything..) both tries . the client dc'd during the process. apparently the bags are opened automatically (to prevent streamers???)  and there was no log\menu/'inventory'  showing what i got. Gambling blind...

Advise AVOID gambling on xmas boxes or anything until / if /when WG bother to launch an operational professionally tested patch.

btw WG wowp XMAS happens to be marked on the calendar, you should be able to prepare and test a patch IN TIME that is functional with your 4000 employees as most gaming companies seem to manage an xmas event  in advance beforehand and not try  rushed hodge podge half-baked arbitrary  stuff at the last minute..

Off to check steam and paradox for reasonably priced games & dlc with real discounts for fair priced games that are properly and professionally tested and marketed, and surprise! do actually work and function.

after 2 years with Wowp, losing patience. The more op (over-priced) WG is getting , the less functional the product is getting

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing". ~ G.B.Shaw

TheWeezle #2 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

Airman Basic

• 314 battles
Yes, after today's update I've gone from an average of 50fps to 15fps. Any help appreciated!

hollowbaron #3 Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3484 battles
So why not continue playing 1.9 instead of using any bug to try and put new players off

GoldKnight #4 Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6522 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Posthollowbaron, on 22 December 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

So why not continue playing 1.9 instead of using any bug to try and put new players off

cos 1.9 was even shittier than this, stop with this rant about old version, it is gone, say bb to it

0berhessen #5 Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:07 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4368 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGoldKnight, on 22 December 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

cos 1.9 was even shittier than this, stop with this rant about old version, it is gone, say bb to it

i really wonder how you came to this conclusion? in case of balance, sound, game-stability, etc. etc. 1.9 was not so bad.

WG just proves it gets worse and worse with every update

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Pitulusu #6 Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1937 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI

View Post0berhessen, on 22 December 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

i really wonder how you came to this conclusion? in case of balance, sound, game-stability, etc. etc. 1.9 was not so bad.

Unless you were playing with joystick 1.x has worst handling seen in a plane game... 2.0 was 10 times better than that1.x thing(i can't describe)

Lag in controls is better than without? Really? I think former joystick players habituated to troll mouse users had a lot of crying after 2.0 patch and now back to cave era!

Edited by Pitulusu, 22 December 2017 - 07:16 AM.

0berhessen #7 Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4368 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPitulusu, on 22 December 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Unless you were playing with joystick 1.x has worst handling seen in a plane game... 2.0 was 10 times better than that1.x thing(i can't describe)

Lag in controls is better than without? Really? I think former joystick players habituated to troll mouse users had a lot of crying after 2.0 patch and now back to cave era!

i play with mouse + keyboard, but thats not the point, the game is just bad balanced and so full of bugs.

And i was really thinking that Update makes it any better - what a fool i am.

Edited by 0berhessen, 22 December 2017 - 08:15 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Grumpy_Guts #8 Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:15 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 8277 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Post0berhessen, on 22 December 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

Bang on form then, no surprises there then.

GonerNL #9 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9662 battles

No problems here with either playability (joystick) or Santa boxes. Fps drops only every now and then, I blame it on (my) Internet connection or WG servers.

Didn't experience any big issues with going from 1.9 to 2.x either ...

Just sayin'...

Pitulusu #10 Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1937 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI

I made 2 videos... one with full graphics, the other with half...

i gotta say that looks better than when playing and were at low tier, low speed...

Pls donțt comment fighting style and skip till action. these are first video i made!

i mada a video at T9... i upload now, there you can see why i have headache...

Edited by Pitulusu, 22 December 2017 - 10:44 AM.

n0_f4k3 #11 Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 496 battles
  • [JFA] JFA

View PostGoldKnight, on 22 December 2017 - 06:03 AM, said:

but you didnt need a 1080 ti to get around 20 fps! enjoy your laggs:trollface:! save your tears more patches are on the way!

It's not about
Win or lose
Because we all lose
When they feed on the souls of the innocent
Blood-drenched pavement
Keep on moving though the waters stay raging

eekeeboo #12 Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

View PostPitulusu, on 22 December 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

First! 

That map is notorious for pimp slapping fps settings. 

Second:

You haven't changed your graphics settings at all, depending on what you chose to record with depends on if you're putting more pressure on your cpu. I don't know if you've changed core affinity or not. 

I can see your shadows are still on at least high, your foliage is still high on a map with a lot of foliage, you have post processing and high particle details. Your last tier 9 game looks like it's almost entirely on high on a map and section of the map i get 25-35 fps when I stream or record on that map. 

I would like to highlight that I'm not saying this is perfect, I am not saying that it is well optimised, I'm not saying it's frustrating that fps drops so hard you think your pc just died. I am saying these fps issues have been like this since 2.0 and have definitely been like this on that mountain map. That map is the reason I have to set my graphics settings on medium to low when I play higher tiers. Before the last patch that mountain map was 9/10 games so always frustratingly low fps. 

Pitulusu #13 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1937 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 December 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

First! 

That map is notorious for pimp slapping fps settings. 

Second:

You haven't changed your graphics settings at all, depending on what you chose to record with depends on if you're putting more pressure on your cpu. I don't know if you've changed core affinity or not. 

I can see your shadows are still on at least high, your foliage is still high on a map with a lot of foliage, you have post processing and high particle details. Your last tier 9 game looks like it's almost entirely on high on a map and section of the map i get 25-35 fps when I stream or record on that map. 

I would like to highlight that I'm not saying this is perfect, I am not saying that it is well optimised, I'm not saying it's frustrating that fps drops so hard you think your pc just died. I am saying these fps issues have been like this since 2.0 and have definitely been like this on that mountain map. That map is the reason I have to set my graphics settings on medium to low when I play higher tiers. Before the last patch that mountain map was 9/10 games so always frustratingly low fps. 

i gotta say that lowering the settings it gets more unstable because has drops from 60 to 25 and back making it unplayable at all... a5t least with all graphics it stays around 30-40 all time... first clip it's 1366x768 with al medium 3rd clip maxed again in higher tier, 2nd clip it's all maxed ut trust me, lowering resolution to 1366x768 and all settings to lowest itțs unplayable because to much difference between fps... now i saw that is better with al maxed because less lag, at least in lower tiers, without AA i got +5 fps and that's all i can get! i optimized it to run on core 1 and 2, 0 and 4 are free!

Edited by Pitulusu, 22 December 2017 - 02:14 PM.

eekeeboo #14 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

View PostPitulusu, on 22 December 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

i gotta say that lowering the settings it gets more unstable because has drops from 60 to 25 and back making it unplayable at all... a5t least with all graphics it stays around 30-40 all time... first clip it's 1366x768 with al medium 3rd clip maxed again in higher tier, 2nd clip it's all maxed ut trust me, lowering resolution to 1366x768 and all settings to lowest itțs unplayable because to much difference between fps... now i saw that is better with al maxed because less lag, at least in lower tiers, without AA i got +5 fps and that's all i can get! i optimized it to run on core 1 and 2, 0 and 4 are free!

Lowering the resolution won't help. On the mountain map you can keep your 1920x1080, but foliage and draw distance need to be low because of all the bloody trees. The shadows need to be low due to the position of the sun and the fighting in the middle of the map etc. When you look at one of the kills you will see flames coming out the back of the plane when it dies, even more fps death and in the middle of the map with all trees, that's why you're going to have a bad time. 

I'm just letting you know that, that map is a bloody nightmare and has been since 2.0. I only fixed it by going completely low-mid and disabling what I can, granted when I stream i'm stressing the cpu anyway, but that map is a nightmare. Anyone who played old game mode will remember the map with all the trees where as soon as you loaded you had 10fps. It's currently the low tier dark brown-ish map with an island in the middle. 

Pitulusu #15 Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1937 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 December 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Lowering the resolution won't help. On the mountain map you can keep your 1920x1080, but foliage and draw distance need to be low because of all the bloody trees. The shadows need to be low due to the position of the sun and the fighting in the middle of the map etc. When you look at one of the kills you will see flames coming out the back of the plane when it dies, even more fps death and in the middle of the map with all trees, that's why you're going to have a bad time. 

I'm just letting you know that, that map is a bloody nightmare and has been since 2.0. I only fixed it by going completely low-mid and disabling what I can, granted when I stream i'm stressing the cpu anyway, but that map is a nightmare. Anyone who played old game mode will remember the map with all the trees where as soon as you loaded you had 10fps. It's currently the low tier dark brown-ish map with an island in the middle. 

i told you, till today was all lowest or disabled... same fps with or without...

GeneralMagic #16 Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 717 battles
FPS are fine for me but the game chrashed 5 times in 90 minutes today....

jss78 #17 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2835 battles
I'm getting massive FPS drops too, and concurrent lag spikes.

It has nothing to do with my computer or internet connection. 2.0 worked solid for me, problems started with current patch.

Azani #18 Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

Senior Airman

• 1104 battles
Same as above. FPS took a massive nosedive, i hope they fix it as it makes it very difficult to play aircraft that require constant target focus.

Hammerhead_CZ #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

Senior Airman

• 540 battles
  • [33CS] 33CS

View PostAzani, on 05 January 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

Same as above. FPS took a massive nosedive, i hope they fix it as it makes it very difficult to play aircraft that require constant target focus.

2.0 patch was great, but 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 are trash and WG does not care.

IHighlanderI #20 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

Airman Basic

• 372 battles

Tried and failed to update last patch 

uninstalled game to reinstall with new version 

unable to do this as install crashes my network setting. Drops to zero and stops  constant, haveing to reboot computer to fix connection problem 

WHY only on warplanes 

have no no issues with Tanks or Warships  they update normally 

Edited by IHighlanderI, 03 March 2018 - 05:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users