Bugged Special mission RB-17

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Cecilpanzer #1 Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:25 AM

Senior Airman

• 960 battles
  • [NBYS] NBYS

Got the mission but none of my results seem to register. I should have completed stage one but none of my results register at all.

The mission states I can use any tier IV to X plane in standard battles so I've been using the A26-B and the IL2 to destroy ground targets. First game the IL2 and no score registers. I wondered if bug was juist the display updating and maybe the game was logging my progress so I played in the A26-B until I had amassed over 500 capture points. Sadly it didn't complete the stage.

Its quite irritating to have a chance to win a free tier VIII premium aircraft and be blocked by a bug. Also I was working today and thus couldn't take part in the event. I spent tokens to get the loot. Buying 4 tokens to get a third loot crate. Any response for the WOWP team in this matter would be appreciated.

GoldKnight #2 Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3377 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
check other topics about missions, there is already the answer for this

Cecilpanzer #3 Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

Senior Airman

• 960 battles
  • [NBYS] NBYS

View PostGoldKnight, on 24 December 2017 - 05:08 AM, said:

check other topics about missions, there is already the answer for this

Really where? I've seen no answers.

GoldKnight #4 Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3377 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostCecilpanzer, on 24 December 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

I did wrote personally the answer, so...

Btw 500 in a single battle, that's why u do not "earn" them, the fail is on the description

eekeeboo #5 Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3714 battles

View PostCecilpanzer, on 24 December 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Don't worry some people are like this on the forums. 

Unfortunately there are a few description errors on the missions. 

We've found for example the 109TL mission needs to be completed in a multi role. The RB17 mission is probably one of those you need to try various things to get the mission to work. 

Goat_messiah #6 Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4169 battles
  • [TAWV] TAWV

View Posteekeeboo, on 25 December 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

We've found for example the 109TL mission needs to be completed in a multi role. The RB17 mission is probably one of those you need to try various things to get the mission to work. 

au contraire

eekeeboo #7 Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3714 battles

View PostGoat_messiah, on 25 December 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

au contraire

Oh vey! 

GoldKnight #8 Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3377 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Posteekeeboo, on 25 December 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

Ye, some people are like u for example, who just open mouth without any clue and think to be smart.

Btw, since u think to know, which is not real, learn to use the search button urself or to read completely a post, since there is already the answer requested and u are still giving false information just to be the first lady.

For OP,if the previous answer up here was not sufficient, post #16

http://forum.worldof...102#entry547102

Also, 3rd mission must be completed on a bomber

Edited by GoldKnight, 25 December 2017 - 06:57 PM.

eekeeboo #9 Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3714 battles

View PostGoldKnight, on 25 December 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Ye, some people are like u for example, who just open mouth without any clue and think to be smart.

Btw, since u think to know, which is not real, learn to use the search button urself or to read completely a post, since there is already the answer requested and u are still giving false information just to be the first lady.

For OP,if the previous answer up here was not sufficient, post #16

http://forum.worldof...102#entry547102

Also, 3rd mission must be completed on a bomber

Generally being smart does require some process of thought yes. Or were you trying to be ironic and failed? Like when the OP asked a legitimate question without desire for derision or searching through your usual "irony" filled posts. 

As for false information, I have done more of these missions and helped more people than you have complete them.

Once again you are required and asked to not derail another topic with your derogatory statements.

Pitulusu #10 Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1559 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI
last mission can be completed in a t3 bomber. or can be made with attacker? i dont have bombers

Kr4zy #11 Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

Back in recovery again...

• Alpha Tester
  • 1239 battles
  • [-RDF-] -RDF-

View PostPitulusu, on 26 December 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

last mission can be completed in a t3 bomber. or can be made with attacker? i dont have bombers

All special missions are tier 4 and higher, and you need a bomber, so no.

This first mission is pissing me off.. multiple 400+ games, but no 500. So the third mission is easier then the first. WG really, fix this crap, and give the mission owners another shot.

Pitulusu #12 Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1559 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI
i bought first mission with tokens cause i didnt have enough for 3rd, than i bought t6 A26B and made last mission with it. it's not fair conditioning a mission with planes that are only for real money...!

Gufo_Tave #13 Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 633 battles

Understood only now that the first mission required to made 500 cp in one battle.

Sorry, i'll pass. No need to ruin my liver for this.

In engineering, could exist not-optimal solution, but ridiculus ones... never
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

Kr4zy #14 Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

• Alpha Tester
  • 1239 battles
  • [-RDF-] -RDF-

View PostGufo_Tave, on 26 December 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Understood only now that the first mission required to made 500 cp in one battle.

Sorry, i'll pass. No need to ruin my liver for this.

Finally all stars aligned, and I got 590 CP in a game.. Rocket bases and Supremacy are going to annoy everyone that tries this to hell..

I even did this in one sortie.. but I reckon I can do it again for mission 3..

For what its worth, the statements above are correct. Nail 500 Capture points for killing ground targets(!!) and you can continue racking up 240 AA guns..

WG and its missions / descriptions thereof... *sigh*

Kr4zy #15 Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:39 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • 1239 battles
  • [-RDF-] -RDF-

Well, lets continue the story, I got my RB-17 yesterday evening...

Mission summary:

Mission 1: Get 500 capture points in one battle, does NOT have to be a bomber. GAA work just as well

Mission 2: Grind your a** off, get 240 AA guns, does NOT have to be a bomber. GAA work just as well

Mission 3: Get 400 capture points, does NOT have to be in one battle (!!!). Bomber is a requirement here.

General remarks:

1) The missions need to be done in peace time, and won't work during war time.

2) Keep in mind that once accepted the blueprint and its 3 missions are only available for 24 hours! Extending the time by 24 hours with the tokens (8 per day) seems like a good investment to stay at least a bit sane during this grind..

3) Requirements for the aircraft type used per mission are welcome, I haven't tested that but used bombers only.

4) Get demolition expert on your pilot!!

Mission 1:

As stated, I used the Do-217M for mission 1, and got 590 capture points after at least 6 hours of gameplay. This was a true pain. Hit 400+ several times, but the 500 eluded me. You need balanced teams, and the preferred layout is a 5 base map with 4 garrisons and a airfield. This way the game won't mess with the points or knock targets away under you (I'm looking at you, you #$%^&* rocket bases!!)

Tips/tricks for mission 1:

Focus on the high capture point targets, use the ALT interface to see which are the medium, heavy and special targets. Specials are things like the control tower of an airfield (medium), repair pad on an airfield (small) and the armored workshops on a plant (heavy).

Cross reference that with the list:

Number of capture points earned per target:

• Small ground objects: 15-20 CP.
  • Medium ground objects: 20-50 CP.
  • Large ground objects: 50-80 CP.

In a tier 6 battle, I recommend the following bombs per target, considering you are flying between 2500 and 3000 meters with the 217. You might need to drop a bit lower with the A-26B due to its 100kg bombs.

For the 217M with its 250kg bombs: use 2 bombs on small targets if you really want to kill them (I recommend leaving them alone), use 2 bombs on medium targets, 3 bombs on medium armored targets, heavies need 4 bombs most of the time. In general: grabbing the medium targets seems to get the best results. I don't have a recommendation for the A-26B on the amount of bombs used per target, although my guess is that 4 bombs is enough for small and medium, and you opt for 8 bombs on medium armored. Press the airbrake and flaps to minimize the bomb spread!

Use strategy based on your bomb reload. Check the reload time for your bombs, because you need to maximize your time on target. Let me explain using the A-26B and the Do.217M. The A-26B has a 30s (or so) bomb reload. With the Do-217M however, you are looking at a minute reload..

So, the strategy I recommend with the 217M is straightforward. Drop your bombs on the selected targets (see the list above), and head off to the next base during the reload. Even if that means the base isn't capped! You don't have to win for this mission, and believe me, you want to be a bit of an ego to pull it off. If you hit your targets, you usually leave a base ready to be cleaned up by a fighter that kills one defense aircraft. If your team can't do that, they don't deserve to win ;-) Check the map and go for bases that are likely to be capped by the enemy in the next 30 seconds or which have been capped a while ago. This minimizes the risk for enemies that hunt you down as you approach. Play with capping bases (or not) can give you the time you need, and you sure are going to need time..

The A-26B is a bit more versatile. The 30 seconds reload means you can circle a base, and do a second pass if there are still important targets standing and there is no risk of a cap by friendlies. If the base gets capped under your nose, you wasted time, and probably some bombs that are on their way down. Using the Do-217 tactic while flying the Invader might leave you flying for some time with loaded bombs, but no targets. On smaller maps, the A-26B is a absolute boss over the 217. You can hop from base to base and bomb everything to pieces. 

Mission 2:

I have seen people using a Me.410 to hunt every AA gun on the map, but I used a bomber to grab this. In a tier 6 match you can kill the AA gun (not the whole building, just the gun is enough) with one bomb from the 217.

Mission 3:

The progress on the capture points runs even when you don't get 400 points, but a bomber is required. I completed this in 3 very relaxed (compared to the first mission) battles...

-------------

Overall,

it's not easy to get and the mission text from WG certainly can drive you mad, but it is one nasty bomber to have and an awesome creditmaker.

Hope this helps you getting your RB-17! 

Edited by Kr4zy, 10 January 2018 - 05:02 PM.

_se7en #16 Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4712 battles

Nice write-up Kr4zy

o7

My favourite youtubers:

Tironan: https://www.youtube....xlgqgTATDskLKnA

Phontomen, Shrike Gaming, Magus, Gaming Bear, Mighty Jingles, Flamu, Notser, iChase

dmbadger #17 Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:41 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 1365 battles

I received this mission too. Have been unable to complete the first part or even be credited even once.

This mission has now gone from account after extending it!

Raised a ticket with WoP but don't expect to get much in the way of help from them.

Kr4zy #18 Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:23 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • 1239 battles
  • [-RDF-] -RDF-

View Post_se7en, on 27 December 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Nice write-up Kr4zy

o7

Thanks!

Edited it a few times now to get some more info in there. 

Kr4zy #19 Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • 1239 battles
  • [-RDF-] -RDF-
Peeps: There was a small micro patch yesterday. Please let me know if that changed anything to the RB-17 missions, so I can update the description above.

Iskarioth #20 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 1987 battles
Dont bother with a ticket. I tried but they wouldnt listen. They claimed you can get mutliple aide points (which I never heard nor saw) and then told me its supposed to be hard. Even though I specifically counted every single plane I helped to down and got 15 instead of 12. No idea if it has to be done in specifc plane but I know for a fact that there is similar mission for tokens and I tried and cleared it the same way, only difference was, it actually counted they way it was intended to...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users