FIX IN GAME CRASHES NOW PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Clean #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

Senior Airman

• 1554 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Seriously, a Triple A gaming company and a game that constantly crashes. Over 2 hour game play period I have usually 4 CTD's. My clan mates all suffer from the same problem. It is a game issue, not a user issue.

Please add your name to this thread if you suffer the same problems. Tickets are a waste of time. Lets have some acknowledgement from the developers and a timeline for fix. 

GabrielLogan #2 Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Airman Basic

• 141 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Happens to me occasionally.

Not 2-4 times an hour but enough to make it irritating, especially as my PC can easily handle the game.

At least it is reasonably quick to get back in.

eekeeboo #3 Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Check PC settings and graphics settings with cpu affinity and then check "triple A" status 

Clean #4 Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 1554 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Posteekeeboo, on 29 December 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Check PC settings and graphics settings with cpu affinity and then check "triple A" status 

Elaborate please.

eekeeboo #5 Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostClean, on 29 December 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Elaborate please.

Try to turn down some settings that hammer CPU like shadows, post processing, particles and foliage. These can also absorb a lot of ram on some maps. 

Check your cpu affinity settings for the game are on cores other than core 0. This way it won't hog the resources from the rest of the PC and possibly max out and crash. 

Also note there is still a memory leak, so after a while of continuous loading of the hangar etc it has been known to crash if you have a lot of planes or limited available ram. 

britinmadrid #6 Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 1349 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Hey, eekeebo!

You obviously know your stuff when it comes to computers, but I think you're missing the point here.

In a game where they want to charge 45 Euros/Dollars/Pounds et cetera for a single vehicle, you cannot deny that we are at the AAA threshold. In such a game, how can two players - both with top-end gaming computers - crash out three timer per hour or more? I'd suggest it's not my job to tinker with a top-of-the-line computer which never has a problem with any other of the numerous games I play rather than it is the job of WoWp to fix its bugged game. When clan mates who live in different countries with above-average PCs and internet constantly present with the same problems, I think we can safely say the problem is server-side as opposed to client-side.

I am really enjoying this fun, simple arcade game and want it to succeed and grow. I'm not sure it will, however, if it doesn't soon solve these glaring problems.

eekeeboo #7 Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postbritinmadrid, on 29 December 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

Hey, eekeebo!

You obviously know your stuff when it comes to computers, but I think you're missing the point here.

In a game where they want to charge 45 Euros/Dollars/Pounds et cetera for a single vehicle, you cannot deny that we are at the AAA threshold. In such a game, how can two players - both with top-end gaming computers - crash out three timer per hour or more? I'd suggest it's not my job to tinker with a top-of-the-line computer which never has a problem with any other of the numerous games I play rather than it is the job of WoWp to fix its bugged game. When clan mates who live in different countries with above-average PCs and internet constantly present with the same problems, I think we can safely say the problem is server-side as opposed to client-side.

I am really enjoying this fun, simple arcade game and want it to succeed and grow. I'm not sure it will, however, if it doesn't soon solve these glaring problems.

I know very little about computers, but I have been playing wowp long enough to know it's little tricks to stop it crashing as much. 

And while the price of things can be high, it's still quite a small niche game. As for triple A, Battlefield 4 didn't work for me for a year, and by that i mean it didn't even launch for a year and they are a triple A, WG is not. 

The "tinkering" is not so much to make it run, but to lessen the effect of issues from an old engine and now ageing game on newer systems. WoWP is still singular core use and very little GPU, you can keep things as they are and suffer occasional crashes or alter and tweak a few things for your system and lessen suffering. You are right, crashes aren't great, but for a F2P game of this size and considering the vast changes to the game, you can/should expect stability issues considering overhaul magnitude and the size of the dev company working on wowp. 

The reality is that though WG tanks team is sizeable the wowp team is not, and it's been only a few months with drastic changes to the game. Like I said there are graphics settings you can change to improve issues with optimisation too. 

Pitulusu #8 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1556 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI
in 2.01 i havențt any crashes, now i had and 2 on a single fuckin battle, 8GB RAM and all settings that are u talking about are made, game in this version is not stable at all and consumes more resources, dunno why!

eekeeboo #9 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostPitulusu, on 29 December 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

in 2.01 i havențt any crashes, now i had and 2 on a single fuckin battle, 8GB RAM and all settings that are u talking about are made, game in this version is not stable at all and consumes more resources, dunno why!

As you go up tiers you have more planes in your hangar and more resources etc, the larger the collection of planes in your hangar, the more resources used by the game to leak. 

SproutMaGinty #10 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

Airman Basic

• 863 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
I too have mutliple crashes mainly in the loading screen which then freezes to which I mopve the cursor around & towards the centre of the screen it changes to a windows pointer confirming the crash as windows recognises it & today my first ingame even after purchasing many presents from Santa 2 x 10 (thought I would test it out first otherwise I would have got the 25) I have also put alot of money into this & your sister games but this one is becoming quite a chore.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Clean #11 Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Senior Airman

• 1554 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Posteekeeboo, on 29 December 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

Try to turn down some settings that hammer CPU like shadows, post processing, particles and foliage. These can also absorb a lot of ram on some maps. 

Check your cpu affinity settings for the game are on cores other than core 0. This way it won't hog the resources from the rest of the PC and possibly max out and crash. 

Also note there is still a memory leak, so after a while of continuous loading of the hangar etc it has been known to crash if you have a lot of planes or limited available ram. 

I have a an i7 8700 6 core multi threaded cpu, 16GB RAM and a GTX1080Ti. My OS and games all run from a 1TB SSD. I get a 30000+ score on Encore for World of Tanks. My computer runs just fine.

Does your computer crash eekeeboo ?

The purpose of this thread is to get some badly needed attention to this game. Free to play, no, I've paid approx €100 on gold and premium planes, santa sacks etc. The game is not free to me. I've made a long term investment and my money allows other people to play for free. I want some official moderation and acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it will be fixed.

The game was reborn in V2.0 and I enjoy it. BUT, frequent disconnects and crashing sour the experience. We have had 2 patches and yet crashes are still occurring. That suggests bad development focus and prioritising. Victor apparently poured new resources into this game to reinvigorate players and rise from the ashes. There is clearly a far smaller player base than tanks so I can understand teething problems but I would have expected game breaking bugs to be squashed from the first patch.

Please only add your name to this thread if you too have issues. 

The_Last_Jedi #12 Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1369 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2
Same here. Lowest PC in the "high end top" near what @Clean describe. Game crush. Not often... but  crash... Not in 1.9 or 2.01 but in 2.02. Tired to change NVidia or PC settings.

Grumpy_Guts #13 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2249 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS
Non Stop Friggin Issues, only with this game. And regardless what " they " keep saying it is NOT my computer at fault. 

Meremortal #14 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

Airman Basic

• 526 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
Yep, crashes too often... and ALWAYS when I have a good game, it crashes and denies me the result!

gazzer21 #15 Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 1548 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-

Yea crashes here way to often, mostly on load in screen or during respawn, not while actually in game usually.

Desk top msg is wowP stopped working,

By the time you get game closed down and restarted you have either flown into a hill side or been a free frag to the enemy team.

zgubny #16 Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 932 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View PostClean, on 29 December 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Seriously, a Triple A gaming company and a game that constantly crashes. Over 2 hour game play period I have usually 4 CTD's. My clan mates all suffer from the same problem. It is a game issue, not a user issue.

Please add your name to this thread if you suffer the same problems. Tickets are a waste of time. Lets have some acknowledgement from the developers and a timeline for fix. 

I've got the same issue everyday that's the reason why i won't spend any cent of Euro in this game ..... i started to play 3 years ago : i'm  still waiting . they won't do anything .

eekeeboo #17 Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostClean, on 30 December 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

I have a an i7 8700 6 core multi threaded cpu, 16GB RAM and a GTX1080Ti. My OS and games all run from a 1TB SSD. I get a 30000+ score on Encore for World of Tanks. My computer runs just fine.

I feel you aren't reading what I'm typing. 

Like with ANY PC you put an old engine and a not fully optimised game on it, you will crashing issues and stability issues. I would like you first to read this sentence before moving on to the next. 

The team developing WoWP is actually a small one, it is not the entire of WG that works on the game, it is a small team within WG that does so. It has been only a few months since a drastic overhaul of the game from maps to graphics and lighting. Based on small team resources catching a lot of the bugs takes time, already 2 patches released were addressing some of those bugs. 

After you've taken the time to read that sentence, I would like you to read the following, my game does crash, but I also stream the game and the resources and minimising the game while playing in windowed causes it's own issues. When i set CPU affinity and change priority of tasks and don't stream the game, my stability is almost perfect apart from long gaming sessions. 

After you've read that, the game is free to play, you can either choose to pay or not, but it is still a free to play game. You can throw a million euros at a team, but if the team is still only 6-10 people you will still get 6-10 people's work...... 

I apologise for the condescending tone but I have now repeated the above 4-5 times to the same people. The fact I have to keep repeating this and any advice i give to remedy the situation is met with... "Well why should I? It's not my job" I'm quite frankly not inclined to offer further help. 

The game world of warplanes has been worked on by a small team for 2-3 years now.... you will have small team problems. 

In those 2 patches a lot of things were added and a lot of things fixed, game mechanic bugs and issues with missions are more important to fix than something that a simple client restart can fix. Priority and optimisation of available of resources is important for the team and making sure choices are made for the longevity and sustainability of the game. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 30 December 2017 - 05:32 PM.

Pitulusu #18 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1556 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI

View Posteekeeboo, on 30 December 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

I feel you aren't reading what I'm typing. 

Like with ANY PC you put an old engine and a not fully optimised game on it, you will crashing issues and stability issues. I would like you first to read this sentence before moving on to the next. 

The team developing WoWP is actually a small one, it is not the entire of WG that works on the game, it is a small team within WG that does so. It has been only a few months since a drastic overhaul of the game from maps to graphics and lighting. Based on small team resources catching a lot of the bugs takes time, already 2 patches released were addressing some of those bugs. 

After you've taken the time to read that sentence, I would like you to read the following, my game does crash, but I also stream the game and the resources and minimising the game while playing in windowed causes it's own issues. When i set CPU affinity and change priority of tasks and don't stream the game, my stability is almost perfect apart from long gaming sessions. 

After you've read that, the game is free to play, you can either choose to pay or not, but it is still a free to play game. You can throw a million euros at a team, but if the team is still only 6-10 people you will still get 6-10 people's work...... 

I apologise for the condescending tone but I have now repeated the above 4-5 times to the same people. The fact I have to keep repeating this and any advice i give to remedy the situation is met with... "Well why should I? It's not my job" I'm quite frankly not inclined to offer further help. 

The game world of warplanes has been worked on by a small team for 2-3 years now.... you will have small team problems. 

In those 2 patches a lot of things were added and a lot of things fixed, game mechanic bugs and issues with missions are more important to fix than something that a simple client restart can fix. Priority and optimisation of available of resources is important for the team and making sure choices are made for the longevity and sustainability of the game. 

maybe no one need your explanations! If you have nothing to say to improve the game just keep your thoughts for you... Leave competent staff to explain to us why game keep crashing... a game who take our money! it sells premium, it sells planes and other things, but is so awful optimized.

Edited by Pitulusu, 30 December 2017 - 06:05 PM.

eekeeboo #19 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:23 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostPitulusu, on 30 December 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

maybe no one need your explanations! If you have nothing to say to improve the game just keep your thoughts for you... Leave competent staff to explain to us why game keep crashing... a game who take our money! it sells premium, it sells planes and other things, but is so awful optimized.

Well while people keep complaining about the same things and asking for the same things without doing anything to help themselves due to a misguided presumption it should be done for them with a team this size

I've told you how to improve the game, something the numerous people complaining about crashes have not done. I've informed people how to improve stability and change graphics settings. Something that has not been provided by others complaining of crashing. The same as when you complain of laggy response to your controls and accused me of cheating one game because I used the joystick but you still haven't changed your response and auto level off settings in the mouse controls. 

The game doesn't take your money.... you give WG money and the money is then distributed, some to the wowp team. A team as mentioned above, working hard and using what resources they have working on the things they can. For example things they fixed in the last patch. Progress tracking of some missions, joystick aim bug, repair field bug, bomber flight trails going in random directions, camera glitches when spawning into defence aircraft... etc. There have been lots of fixes, just more to come. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 30 December 2017 - 06:27 PM.

Clean #20 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 1554 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Eekeeboo, why are you apologising for Wargaming?

Frankly your advice is pointless and it seems to me you do not understand. My PC is in the top 1% of users. Not bragging just fact. I should have to do nothing to make this game work. I am not an eastern european running a toaster getting 10 fps on minimum settings. If your game crashes then add yourself to the thread.

I don't care how small the WG team is. My beef is not with the developers directly. Your free to pay argument is not valid. WG are not a charity. They make money from this game that we pay for. There should be some moderation in this forum to acknowledge problems and state what is being done to fix it and when. WG is a multi billion enterprise, if the team is small then hire more, simple.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users