FIX IN GAME CRASHES NOW PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

Clean #321 Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

My PC is in tip top shape thank you. I would consider myself above average in the IT department. I have worked in IT support during my working life and building and managing my own PC's is a hobby. The first thing I did after the crash was run SFC /scannow and thankfully all is ok. My memory is working fine and all drivers are updated regularly.

I have been running a full system scan with Windows Defender to be certain of no underhandness. I did notice that when I ran the WG Check Tool that the anti virus flashed up a message despite the exception box being ticked. On research it seems the check tool is probably rooting at something that is clashing with the anti virus software.

I am rapidly losing patience with this game. I am not running that check tool again. BSOD are very bad and should not be seen unless there is something critically wrong.

eekeeboo #322 Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3716 battles

View Postbritinmadrid, on 28 June 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

The mission UI bug seems to be relatively new so this will be in the feedback. Hopefully people have submitted support information so it can be passed on though. I can't tell you on the speed of the fix and I haven't had details on any upcoming fixes but I will see what I can find out for you. 

View PostClean, on 28 June 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

I couldn't find any information with regards to your second BSOD notice, but I did find your first is usually related to memory issues. With you being somewhat knowledgeable of IT I would assume you've also checked all drivers and software is up to date with a complete wipe and re-install of wowp? 

britinmadrid #323 Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3937 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Posteekeeboo, on 29 June 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

The mission UI bug seems to be relatively new so this will be in the feedback. Hopefully people have submitted support information so it can be passed on though. I can't tell you on the speed of the fix and I haven't had details on any upcoming fixes but I will see what I can find out for you. 

Please do.

Losing 10 Tokens every two days is very demotivating. Other people are suffering as well.

Instead of fewer bugs on this game, they are multiplying. I am personally suffering from more bugs than in the past.

AAA prices of €45 on Tier VIII Premium aircraft for this?

britinmadrid #324 Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3937 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

This is not serial posting - please look at the time stamps.

I dared to touch chat...and crashed.

Seriously?

Still?

Will ANY bug ever be fixed in this game, eekeeboo? This particular bug has been dragging on for months now. What is your response to this one? Let's assume the Token bug will be addressed in the near future (although personally I doubt this will prove to be the case). Why, oh why, oh why is the chat bug STILL in the game?

Please can you ask the Devs directly and post back to us when we might expect this bug to be fixed? Thank you.

Edited by britinmadrid, 29 June 2018 - 05:40 PM.

Clean #325 Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

I have had to reinstall my OS very recently. I have not had BSOD's for years but yes you guessed it I have had 3 playing this game. I cannot be certain but I think this game has broken my OS. I have made a fresh install which is a massive ball ache. Thankfully most stuff these days is cloud based so I am back up and running.

So today and yesterday I have been playing this game and what do you know I am crashing to desktop about every 10 games or so. Virgin install barely any software running and crashes. This game is a joke. It's a pity I enjoy it so much because it feels like I am pushing my tongue up against an ulcer each day.

Franco_Scala #326 Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostClean, on 01 July 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

I have had to reinstall my OS very recently. I have not had BSOD's for years but yes you guessed it I have had 3 playing this game. I cannot be certain but I think this game has broken my OS. I have made a fresh install which is a massive ball ache. Thankfully most stuff these days is cloud based so I am back up and running.

So today and yesterday I have been playing this game and what do you know I am crashing to desktop about every 10 games or so. Virgin install barely any software running and crashes. This game is a joke. It's a pity I enjoy it so much because it feels like I am pushing my tongue up against an ulcer each day.

edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 13 July 2018 - 11:57 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to not being constructive

eekeeboo #327 Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:27 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3716 battles

View Postbritinmadrid, on 29 June 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

The chat bug was considered low priority fix I think, but it's also worked on by another team. The chat issues are something I'm trying to raise awareness of as to how much of an issue the chat bug is. This is why I recently asked for "chat wish list" as this is worked on by a team who are responsible for the chat across all titles. I don't know when, I do know the more support tickets and more feedback about issue sent, the more of a serious issue it can be seen as, thus moved up the priority list! When writing feedback I placed the chat bug in the top 5 (number 1 in fact) for current issues in-game. 

Bugs are being fixed, just some are taking a while to find and fix unfortunately :( 

zgubny #328 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3066 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 July 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Bugs are being fixed, just some are taking a while to find and fix unfortunately :( 

March 2018: Developer QnA, Part 2

View Postzgubny, on 07 July 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

March 2018: Developer QnA, Part 2

and please don't hide this topic again and again .....

Edited by 11poseidon11, 13 July 2018 - 12:01 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to excessive use of capital letters.

paca_madaidhean #329 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

Senior Airman

• 481 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ
is it too hot for the servers? move to Iceland please sort out the crashes please 

Humboldt_ #330 Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 1106 battles
Not sure if its my graphics card but today after 3 games my 4th game I loaded in late and i had black outlines on my screen like the shape of a cockpit, then as i flew the screen gradually went fully black then back to big lines like i was in a cockpit then black again , it was the new night map not sure if bugged or my computer.

eekeeboo #331 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3716 battles

View PostHumboldt_, on 11 July 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Not sure if its my graphics card but today after 3 games my 4th game I loaded in late and i had black outlines on my screen like the shape of a cockpit, then as i flew the screen gradually went fully black then back to big lines like i was in a cockpit then black again , it was the new night map not sure if bugged or my computer.

Do you have a replay or screenshot of it? Or are you able submit a support ticket? 

Humboldt_ #332 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

Senior Airman

• 1106 battles
No don't use replays and the ticket lol , just passing on  my gaming experience in case this happen to others, because lots of bugs in game.

eekeeboo #333 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3716 battles

View PostHumboldt_, on 11 July 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

No don't use replays and the ticket lol , just passing on  my gaming experience in case this happen to others, because lots of bugs in game.

It sounds like a similar bug that has already been reported. But the more information you can provide the easier it is for developers to find and fix the bugs. 

Clean #334 Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Still get the respawn bug occasionally and CTD once in a while. Despite a fresh reinstall of my PC due to unrecoverable BSOD started by WoWp I have yet again experienced another BSOD Memory_Management while in the hangar checking crew.

I have been through the TT process and have been told it will be fixed for next patch. That's what I was told last time. Oh and yes I have run memory diagnostics. There is barely anything on this PC all drivers up to date etc and this PC is a new build from last November.

On the positive side the TT system is fairly quick now.

eekeeboo #335 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3716 battles

View PostClean, on 11 July 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Still get the respawn bug occasionally and CTD once in a while. Despite a fresh reinstall of my PC due to unrecoverable BSOD started by WoWp I have yet again experienced another BSOD Memory_Management while in the hangar checking crew.

I have been through the TT process and have been told it will be fixed for next patch. That's what I was told last time. Oh and yes I have run memory diagnostics. There is barely anything on this PC all drivers up to date etc and this PC is a new build from last November.

On the positive side the TT system is fairly quick now.

Is this chat related? I'm currently highlighting bugs and instances where the chat is still causing issues. If not I'll add it to another section. 

Clean #336 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
No it isn't.

eekeeboo #337 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3716 battles

View PostClean, on 12 July 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

No it isn't.

Thank-you! 

houghtonbee #338 Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1000 battles

Fancied a couple of games last night for the first time in a while (although I managed 3 games at the weekend to acquire the free hanger slot), first game sluggish, stuttering graphics. second game crashed to desktop during the load as I had the audacity to want to read something instead of watching the bloody thing queue for well over a minute to get into a game and pressed Alt-Tab to switch to another window. third game back to stuttering, completely stopping for 3-5 seconds twice. after that it improved but I'd had enough and only bothered with a couple more games before sacking it off with almost all hope for this game lost. 

britinmadrid #339 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3937 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Posthoughtonbee, on 13 July 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

Fancied a couple of games last night for the first time in a while (although I managed 3 games at the weekend to acquire the free hanger slot), first game sluggish, stuttering graphics. second game crashed to desktop during the load as I had the audacity to want to read something instead of watching the bloody thing queue for well over a minute to get into a game and pressed Alt-Tab to switch to another window. third game back to stuttering, completely stopping for 3-5 seconds twice. after that it improved but I'd had enough and only bothered with a couple more games before sacking it off with almost all hope for this game lost. 

The irony is that we all of us - customers, Devs, CM - want the same thing: a game which works and thrives as it is a viable business and fun to play.

I can put my hand on my heart here and say without fear of exaggeration that although I have been through several Betas, one Alpha and have been playing computer games since computer games existed, I have never seen a game so slow to fix bugs!

Eekeeboo has explained that they have to go ‘mining’ for bugs as they don’t know where they are located in the code. Fair enough, say I as what I know about coding could be written on the back of a Spectrum 48k. But if it is taking so long, hire more people. This is dragging on and on and on like no other game I have known and I’d suggest people will become frustrated and drift away sooner or later.

Expedite bug fixes, Persha!

At the moment I am losing my modules between each and every game and have to exit the game, clear the cache and re-enter again if I want to upgrade/calibrate. Poor!

zen_monk_ #340 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 2395 battles
  • [__] __

View Postbritinmadrid, on 13 July 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

The irony is that we all of us - customers, Devs, CM - want the same thing: a game which works and thrives as it is a viable business and fun to play.

I can put my hand on my heart here and say without fear of exaggeration that although I have been through several Betas, one Alpha and have been playing computer games since computer games existed, I have never seen a game so slow to fix bugs!

amen brother brit, amen

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users