Playing as Axis in Albion Event

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

pmdeluxe #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:49 PM

Airman Basic

• 712 battles

Waste of time.

Most games i played we lost so easy even when i kicked a**.

I used to enjoy playing after the new Update 2.0 but now i cant enjoy it anymore.

Wargaming this was a big fail.

Killtech #2 Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 633 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

balance in this kind of events was always very off. in previous iteration there was a meta system to balance the factions but all it did was to make allies and axis win precisely alternating and all players of course hopped to the winning side because everyone wants to get double crates!

so yeah, when you are caught in the days loser faction don't play. there is really nothing else you can do. that is except if you are looking for a challenge. at tier 9 playing (mostly) my best planes i was barely able to manage a 50% win rate playing axis during Albion.

Edited by Killtech, 29 December 2017 - 05:59 PM.

ASharpPencil #3 Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1028 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

Yes, I picked by mistake axis today.

Not even going to try.

jss78 #4 Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 991 battles
It's a weirdly set up event. Because you get twice the reward for winning, there is zero reason to play on the less popular side.

So there's a built-in feedback loop -- whatever imbalance exists at the onset, will only get worse, as it's in everyone's best interest to jump on the bandwagon.

Edited by jss78, 29 December 2017 - 07:22 PM.

CheefCoach #5 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1290 battles

Don't pick Axis. Play as allies. Always. 

Most of players play as allies, so there is overwhelming odds that if you pick axis you will fight against better players with worse one on your side. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

jakub_czyli_ja #6 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1334 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Planes are imba.

In 1.9 if you wanted to win as Axis, you took tier IV Bf 110B.

In 2.0 WG did a lot to reduce imba planes influence on battle outcome, so there is no good way to increase chances for victory.

A fast (to fast make hops between regions), maneuverable (to perform more than one attack) and hard hitting (to increase chances that attack succeeds) plane is needed.

Which pretty much removes German heavy Mes - not very maneuverable, their guns also don't shine, light Mes  - not really hard hitting. Finally light Me at tier X becomes surprisingly good due to awesome guns.

Fw line isn't also very maneuverable. It gets bit better at high tiers.

Japan seems to be a bit better, Zero line suckc because is slow, finally A7M seems to be OP, then J7W line becomes sucking again due to change of firing mechanics.

Army line seems to be bit better, at least when you'll pass tier V (slow and weak hitting), then tiers VI-VIII seem to be pretty competitive.

It all depends how wide you hangar is.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

atlasapl #7 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 944 battles

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 29 December 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Planes are imba.

In 1.9 if you wanted to win as Axis, you took tier IV Bf 110B.

In 2.0 WG did a lot to reduce imba planes influence on battle outcome, so there is no good way to increase chances for victory.

A fast (to fast make hops between regions), maneuverable (to perform more than one attack) and hard hitting (to increase chances that attack succeeds) plane is needed.

Which pretty much removes German heavy Mes - not very maneuverable, their guns also don't shine, light Mes  - not really hard hitting. Finally light Me at tier X becomes surprisingly good due to awesome guns.

Fw line isn't also very maneuverable. It gets bit better at high tiers.

Japan seems to be a bit better, Zero line suckc because is slow, finally A7M seems to be OP, then J7W line becomes sucking again due to change of firing mechanics.

Army line seems to be bit better, at least when you'll pass tier V (slow and weak hitting), then tiers VI-VIII seem to be pretty competitive.

It all depends how wide you hangar is.

Thats pretty much spot on and is something a lot of players don't think about. Far too many 109's, 110's and 190's. All of which are fine planes, but far more manoeuvrable when comparing to Spitfies, Yaks, and LaGG's. Then you have the IL-2's. I have been in games where there was four of those things, all working together to take a cap.

There have been plenty of games that have been pretty close (but ultimately ended up in defeat). But the one thing that is common with heavy defeats (for either side), is a total lack of teamwork and tactical understanding. When the other team works together and takes on caps in force, and continues to move in force, and the other team spreads out all over the place attacking in dribs and drabs, its no contest.

Killtech #8 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 633 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 29 December 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

yeah, except for those that can use those 4x30mm guns. i mean seriously, the shinden can massacre any plane within a few shots and it is maneuverable enough to to make these guns hit each time. and it isn't even not slow enough to allow heavy fighters leave its weapon range before being transformed into Swiss cheese. but being able to kill fighters fast isn't that special. however being able to annihilate GAA and bombers in one go in less then 3 sec is just...

oh and its cannons are also not bad against GT if need be. 

in any case this plane can very effectively counter GAA, fighters and heavies and can easily clean up npc bomber squadrons. only bombers staying at high alt are safe from it. from my point of view it's the most OP plane currently available. 

CheefCoach #9 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 1290 battles

Planes are mostly just fine. Some mid level Messerschmidt (F and G) have weak weapons (they need to reintroduced those wing carries guns) and Spitfires are little bit to maneuverable (and IX guns don't overheat). 

Planes don't win battles. Player are winning the battles. Nobody wants to be Nazi, so people are choosing Allied planes. Nobody want to lose, so people are choosing Allied planes. And Allies have better bomber aviation. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

jakub_czyli_ja #10 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1334 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostKilltech, on 29 December 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

yeah, except for those that can use those 4x30mm guns. i mean seriously, the shinden can massacre any plane within a few shots and it is maneuverable enough to to make these guns hit each time. and it isn't even not slow enough to allow heavy fighters leave its weapon range before being transformed into Swiss cheese. but being able to kill fighters fast isn't that special. however being able to annihilate GAA and bombers in one go in less then 3 sec is just...

oh and its cannons are also not bad against GT if need be. 

in any case this plane can very effectively counter GAA, fighters and heavies and can easily clean up npc bomber squadrons. only bombers staying at high alt are safe from it. from my point of view it's the most OP plane currently available. 

Today few times I went head on Seafang vs Shinden, and I won (something unbelievable in 1.x), looking as Shinden' shots go all around. So if you are able to make RNG to work for you, it's a beast with tremendous DPS and good maneuverability.

IIRC I also took one of them for a spin after 2.0, and I wasn't impressed by guns performance also from the loading end of the barrel - big nerf since 1.9, and I wouldn't bet on it.

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Killtech #11 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 633 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 29 December 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

Today few times I went head on Seafang vs Shinden, and I won (something unbelievable in 1.x), looking as Shinden' shots go all around. So if you are able to make RNG to work for you, it's a beast with tremendous DPS and good maneuverability.

IIRC I also took one of them for a spin after 2.0, and I wasn't impressed by guns performance also from the loading end of the barrel - big nerf since 1.9, and I wouldn't bet on it.

hmm, i have skilled my pilot accordingly to get the shots on targets. 5 points in accuracy. another thing is to avoid shooting at targets that offer you a small hit surface - i.e. head-on. and if you do, maneuver a bit at first and let the enemy come closer first then open fire and annihilate them. played in few battles in 2.0 with my shinden and there was just nothing capable of opposing me. 

Moerdergrube #12 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2394 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
Don't tell me, i didn't tell you! WG deleted my posting btw! Geschäftsschädigend! :trollface:

jnishar #13 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1677 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D
please think about how much better this albion event could have been, if the player base was around those of wows and wot.. Just accept the fact that fan base just isnt that big enough.
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

Pitulusu #14 Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1559 battles
  • [S_FI] S_FI
They should've give crates for your in-game performance, not for the winning team... But fail after fail after fail... I played axis, 4 win 4 defeats, but always knew that i will be punished because i choose axis, crates should've been given only for your performance, not for your teammates performance.

waxx25 #15 Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1834 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

I did axis for a day and wow.

The players were worse than the bots......I managed only one win (had to bring the Repu out for it) out of like 15 games.

atlasapl #16 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:34 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 944 battles
I played Allies yesterday. The first game had human players on both sides and it was a very close run game. Still a win for the Allies, but it was a close one. After that, the majority of games had almost a full bot roster for the Axis.

By half way through yesterdays event both sides were mostly bots. It then became an opportunity to just earn cheap xp to upgrade my planes.

Its a shame, because when the teams are both human, its a great event.

nightfoxy #17 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

Airman Basic

• 207 battles
played axis yesterday, whole 1 win.... today allys, whole 1 battle lost lol...

atlasapl #18 Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 944 battles
When both teams are human, the games are very close. When bots are the majority, either for axis only, or both, allies usually win easy.

I think the event went on too long. It should be shorter, with more notice/publicity in the run up. Plus both Japan and Italy had some interesting planes (heavy/ground/bombers) that could be added.

Keulz #19 Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 1549 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 29 December 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

The shinden was a bot.

View PostCheefCoach, on 29 December 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

Nobody wants to be Nazi, so people are choosing Allied planes. Nobody want to lose, so people are choosing Allied planes. And Allies have better bomber aviation. 

No, there were more allies at the begining simply because on one side there a 7 lines of planes and on the other side... 11 lines. Considering that you most likely pick the side of the planes you're farming, more people take allies and it's a vicious circle.

jakub_czyli_ja #20 Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1334 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostKeulz, on 04 January 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

The shinden was a bot.

If Shinden was bot, I wouldn't dare. It was a  player, but noob.

OTOH later I did also head-ons against Shindens in La-11 and also survived.

Bots are breaking head-ons very early, players are stupid.

Block Quote

No, there were more allies at the begining simply because on one side there a 7 lines of planes and on the other side... 11 lines. Considering that you most likely pick the side of the planes you're farming, more people take allies and it's a vicious circle.

I bet that for additional 2 crates people can wait with grind.

And your theory doesn't explain much bigger difference than 11 to 7 - in the event Allies beat Axis in ration 5 to 1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users