Really sad about Daily missions

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Varathius #1 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 149 battles

Yesterday, I had a very long and frustrating argument with a co-player, and today I realized why that was.

Basically, I was flying a bomber and had to improvise and adapt in order to make up for a team that was losing, this can mean you increase the risk of getting shot down while on the other hand increasing the potential damage done and saving fields and points. Fine, so I do my bomb runs, and had fighters on my tail, I asked for back up. A really good player (that I later found out) literally flew by 1000 m of me, not giving a crap. He was just doing his own thing, basically. 

Personally, I think this must have had something to do with the daily missions, because I realized they pretty much promote individual game play over team play. Be top 1, be top 3, top top and top....

Unfortunately these requirements promote individualistic gameplay, which is kind of sad, because this game would be so much more amazing when people would fly as a team. For instance, making missions where you get points for defending friendly bombers, over the regular boring ground target destroyed missions.

Just saying, I like this game a lot but it would be much better if the game mechanics would promote team play over individualistic game play, because spamming F7 did not help, the guy could not have cared less and said so at the end of the game when I inquired. The debate got even heated (partly also from my side by showing clear frustration) because the guy was literally winning by a milestone, even if he would have helped, he would have won by a milestone. The sad part is, had he helped, I would not have lost my bomber. Sure, you can blame it on me as well, but would he have helped, he would have gotten a bit less points maybe, but we could have won. Instead, he played as if not caring which side wins and not caring about friendlies, since so many missions promote you just being top at something, who cares if you win or lose. 

Really sad, in my opinion. Wished there was more team work incentives. 

Edited by Varathius, 09 January 2018 - 03:54 PM.

New_Death #2 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

Senior Airman

• 1369 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS

lul

Edited by New_Death, 09 January 2018 - 03:57 PM.

Wizzmann #3 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 660 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
There are some missions that are total bs. Like destroying 200 AAs for instance. In a certain game I have met an enemy in a HF that was destroying AAs in middle cap, not giving a fk about what happened to him. Like me attacking him. So he killed 2-3 AA, died then come back and killed 2 more AAs. That's all he did the entire game, which he obviously lost because his impact on the game was practically 0.

Varathius #4 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 149 battles

View PostNew_Death, on 09 January 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

lul

Well, I am glad you enjoy laughing at feedback from new players. I am not bashing on the game, I like it, I just wish missions objectives would not only benefit individual gameplay all the time, perhaps some form of balance? 

Varathius #5 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 149 battles

View PostWizzmann, on 09 January 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

There are some missions that are total bs. Like destroying 200 AAs for instance. In a certain game I have met an enemy in a HF that was destroying AAs in middle cap, not giving a fk about what happened to him. Like me attacking him. So he killed 2-3 AA, died then come back and killed 2 more AAs. That's all he did the entire game, which he obviously lost because his impact on the game was practically 0.

Exactly, changing some missions around to promote team work. For instance, a mission that would get him points for attacking AA and other players at the same time getting mission points for backing him up. That would promote team work, and you would have had a harder time shooting him down :)

eekeeboo #6 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3714 battles

It is also not the fault of a mission, or game design when players choose to play their aircraft wrong, or shoe-horn it into a role not intended for it. More so spamming F7 when a person is busy with his own fight and having to kill things, bots will help if they can, otherwise you're on your own. 

If you get yourself into a huge amount of trouble, you should not expect another person to come and die to save you so you can continue your own progress. 

To be the top of a team in combat points you must be able to perform and contribute to your team, to be more among top you have to have high mastery ranks, which you only get for doing the role tasks intended for your plane. If you are finishing bottom with high combat points, THAT is selfish play. 

New_Death #7 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 1369 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS
Since I know who you're talking about, and I know what really happened. First of all you shouldn't buy high tier premiums and jump into that gameplay before learning the game. Same for any WG game. Second of all when you're in a heavy bomber, specifically the RB-17, you can fly real high, real fast. At that height your only enemy is gonna be a heavy plane, and if it was an enemy heavy plane player I'm sure you would've gotten help. Whining here about stuff you don't understand yet won't help anything. And last but not least, calling a veteran player a wallet warrior, while you yourself are the wallet warrior? You're ridiculous man.

New_Death #8 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Senior Airman

• 1369 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS
After checking your profile, I can see you free xp purchased your way to t8 and t9. You need to learn how to play the game the hard way by actually doing battles on lower tiers if you expect anyone to take your opinions seriously.

Varathius #9 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 149 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

It is also not the fault of a mission, or game design when players choose to play their aircraft wrong, or shoe-horn it into a role not intended for it. More so spamming F7 when a person is busy with his own fight and having to kill things, bots will help if they can, otherwise you're on your own. 

If you get yourself into a huge amount of trouble, you should not expect another person to come and die to save you so you can continue your own progress. 

To be the top of a team in combat points you must be able to perform and contribute to your team, to be more among top you have to have high mastery ranks, which you only get for doing the role tasks intended for your plane. If you are finishing bottom with high combat points, THAT is selfish play. 

I have seen good players get in trouble too. I even joined on a brawl with RB-17 to help him out, and I got a thank you too, which was great and fun.

But indeed, I should have maybe known better than making a thread about this. This is after all a game where mechanics and dev put personal stats above anything else so I guess playing for oneself only, is the only way to go.

Bummer, I like this game and will still play it, but I guess I can keep dreaming in finding out anything like Microsoft Combat Flight simulator 2 ever again (no stats, nothing, just great fun with team work. From taking off from carriers, doing objectives and returning).

New_Death #10 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 1369 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS
RB-17, king of dogfights, you heard it here first folks.

Keulz #11 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1584 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

to have high mastery ranks, which you only get for doing the role tasks intended for your plane.

I don't think it's true.

New_Death #12 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 1369 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

I don't think it's true.

But it is true?

Keulz #13 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1584 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostNew_Death, on 09 January 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

But it is true?

Then prove it to me.

Varathius #14 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Senior Airman

• 149 battles

View PostNew_Death, on 09 January 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

After checking your profile, I can see you free xp purchased your way to t8 and t9. You need to learn how to play the game the hard way by actually doing battles on lower tiers if you expect anyone to take your opinions seriously.

I got 2x25 secret santa boxes, and I got the missions for RB17 (second container I oepend), the rest was xp and gold conversion (from those boxes). It would also be fantastic if someone can create a sticky that clearly states how many battles one must have before being able to give feedback.

And again, where was I wrong by stating the current missions promote individual gameplay? Even a half-baked simpleton with 1 battle can make sense of that.

Then again, now I see I should not have bothered. It is a game about personal stats only, tbh, no idea why I went as far as to believe I could maybe convince people that teamplay is much more fun in aircraft type of games. Fair enough, will behave accordingly from here on forward.

Also, seriously, stop looking into stats etc and come up with self-made conclusions how one spends money. I got a damn good deal with those christmas boxes, which is the only time I spend money on WG games each year, since you get so much more out of it, and I like learning at T8-T9, because I learn from experience players better than being around people that are new too. In Hockey I was the weakest, smallest and youngest, could not have been better for me, I prefer that, but that is just me.

Edited by Varathius, 09 January 2018 - 04:28 PM.

Keulz #15 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1584 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

And again, where was I wrong by stating the current missions promote individual gameplay?

Do you have a suggestion for missions that would promote teamplay ?

New_Death #16 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 1369 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Then prove it to me.

If you need proving on something that the game itself shoves into your face, then I'm done talking to you.

Edited by New_Death, 09 January 2018 - 04:32 PM.

eekeeboo #17 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3714 battles

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

I have seen good players get in trouble too. I even joined on a brawl with RB-17 to help him out, and I got a thank you too, which was great and fun.

But indeed, I should have maybe known better than making a thread about this. This is after all a game where mechanics and dev put personal stats above anything else so I guess playing for oneself only, is the only way to go.

Bummer, I like this game and will still play it, but I guess I can keep dreaming in finding out anything like Microsoft Combat Flight simulator 2 ever again (no stats, nothing, just great fun with team work. From taking off from carriers, doing objectives and returning).

Good players, and those with experience will usually purposefully get themselves in trouble to act as either bait or because they know they can win an engagement. If they over-commit, that's on them not on someone else to come and rescue them. More so if they are doing something like turn fighting in a heavy fighter at 500 meters vs a zero (for example). 

As for joining a brawl with an RB-17.... you're not helping your team by flipping caps or securing sectors, you're just allowing the enemy bomber to have an easier time flipping sectors for their team. You talk about personal stats above all else, or perhaps it's just people want to enjoy their own game and not have to go out of their way to ruin their own game so someone else can enjoy their mistakes without having to learn?

In Microsoft simulator for example.... you don't do tight turning dogfights in a Boeing. 

Varathius #18 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 149 battles

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Do you have a suggestion for missions that would promote teamplay ?

Yeah, an idea could be for players that for instance provide support for bombers, to gain points towards missions. Especially when in conjunction with calling for support. Things like that. 

Keulz #19 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1584 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostNew_Death, on 09 January 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

If you need proving on something that the game itself shoves into your face, then I'm done talking to you.

If it's that obvious, it should be quick to prove it to me, then, right ?

I tried to correlate the mastery points with the completion of the 3 plane type specific missions and guess what ?

eekeeboo #20 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3714 battles

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

I don't think it's true.

Press tab in game, you get 3 main jobs to perform, you get mastery ranks for how much you perform those tasks. Each plane class has its own 3 tasks to perform. You rank higher on the team with more mastery rank than someone with lower mastery rank. Take a screenshot and you'll see. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users