• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #21 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

There's a difference between "personal stats" and strategy and performing to the strengths of your plane, performing your role in the team in securing the win. If you didn't need to do this, you'd have 1.9 where it was just about killing. 

Keulz #22 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1543 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Yeah, an idea could be for players that for instance provide support for bombers, to gain points towards missions. Especially when in conjunction with calling for support. Things like that. 

So, you would just have players that stuck to bombers waiting for some ennemies to attack them while doing nothing, being a handicap for the whole team...

New_Death #23 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Senior Airman

• 1295 battles
  • [FOUL] FOUL

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

I got 2x25 secret santa boxes, and I got the missions for RB17 (second container I oepend), the rest was xp and gold conversion (from those boxes). It would also be fantastic if someone can create a sticky that clearly states how many battles one must have before being able to give feedback.

And again, where was I wrong by stating the current missions promote individual gameplay? Even a half-baked simpleton with 1 battle can make sense of that.

Then again, now I see I should not have bothered. It is a game about personal stats only, tbh, no idea why I went as far as to believe I could maybe convince people that teamplay is much more fun in aircraft type of games. Fair enough, will behave accordingly from here on forward.

Also, seriously, stop looking into stats etc and come up with self-made conclusions how one spends money. I got a damn good deal with those christmas boxes, which is the only time I spend money on WG games each year, since you get so much more out of it, and I like learning at T8-T9, because I learn from experience players better than being around people that are new too. In Hockey I was the weakest, smallest and youngest, could not have been better for me, I prefer that, but that is just me.

I highly doubt you were capable of doing the RB-17 missions without a developed GAA and skill to follow it up. Until recently you did require at least 250-300 battles to post, can't remember exactly. And what missions are you on about? Class specific like destroying planes in captured sectors, capturing sectors etc? Those are well balanced and you help your team overall a lot more by for example bombing an area rather than using that one autocannon on the RB-17 to dogfight. In the end you even earn more xp by doing your plane's job. I care most about getting mastery points and winning in a game, and for that sometimes i'll ignore a bad player like you who isn't doing their job. I'm not gonna stop looking into stats, and the conclusions aren't self-made, you purchased yourself into t8 and t9 without having even the basic knowledge of game mechanics. You're a hindrance to your team, and a flying target for the enemy. Learn at low tier like every normal player does, like I did, that's why I'm gonna shred you to pieces in every game I see you.

Varathius #24 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 125 battles

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

So, you would just have players that stuck to bombers waiting for some ennemies to attack them while doing nothing, being a handicap for the whole team...

Ofc not...

Instead of just getting the boring "Be top this..." objective, getting ADDITIONAL objectives, such as "protecting bombers", this means that if you happen to see a bomber in trouble and feel like helping, you would actually get rewarded for it and get points for your daily mission.

eekeeboo #25 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Ofc not...

Instead of just getting the boring "Be top this..." objective, getting ADDITIONAL objectives, such as "protecting bombers", this means that if you happen to see a bomber in trouble and feel like helping, you would actually get rewarded for it and get points for your daily mission.

"Get 40 assists on planes" or "Get major contribution on 3 planes in 1 game" or "Assist in destroying 40 ground targets" Are those not teamwork enough because they are the worst to do solo when people refuse to actually finish your kills when you need/want them to. 

Keulz #26 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1543 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Ofc not...

What i'm telling you is that some players will always try to do the missions whild being useless for the team, like attacking only GT in a fighter...

Having a player that only tries to get 1st in team is less detrimental than a player being as good as AFK near bombers.

Varathius #27 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 125 battles

View PostNew_Death, on 09 January 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

I highly doubt you were capable of doing the RB-17 missions without a developed GAA and skill to follow it up. Until recently you did require at least 250-300 battles to post, can't remember exactly. And what missions are you on about? Class specific like destroying planes in captured sectors, capturing sectors etc? Those are well balanced and you help your team overall a lot more by for example bombing an area rather than using that one autocannon on the RB-17 to dogfight. In the end you even earn more xp by doing your plane's job. I care most about getting mastery points and winning in a game, and for that sometimes i'll ignore a bad player like you who isn't doing their job. I'm not gonna stop looking into stats, and the conclusions aren't self-made, you purchased yourself into t8 and t9 without having even the basic knowledge of game mechanics. You're a hindrance to your team, and a flying target for the enemy. Learn at low tier like every normal player does, like I did, that's why I'm gonna shred you to pieces in every game I see you.

You are again making assumptions. First mission I bought tickets because when I did research, so many say the first mission is bugged. I asked in the forums, people suggested "BUY IT", so that is what I did. So 55 tickets and another 50 I think they were and I had several tickets (before even really knowing what the hell they were for), so anyway, I ended up buying like 85 or so of them with gold I had from santa boxes. And even after had plenty left. The blowing AA was time consuming but done.

Is that ok with you? Can we let it go now, or do you maybe want to organize a skype meeting or so, so I can explain myself more, because I rather do that than reading assumption after assumption all the time. 

Also, shred me to pieces as much as you want. I like learning from the stronger, easiest way to find out their weakness too. That is EXACTLY why I like to join higher tier games from the start. 

Keulz #28 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1543 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Press tab in game, you get 3 main jobs to perform, you get mastery ranks for how much you perform those tasks. Each plane class has its own 3 tasks to perform. You rank higher on the team with more mastery rank than someone with lower mastery rank. Take a screenshot and you'll see. 

Then please, explain me this :

Guys, it's not because you 'feel like it's something' that it really is.

And i created a topic to talk about that, with actual info from dev, which is still on the first page, don't stop being so sure of yourselves that you don't even need to check.

Varathius #29 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 125 battles

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

What i'm telling you is that some players will always try to do the missions whild being useless for the team, like attacking only GT in a fighter...

Having a player that only tries to get 1st in team is less detrimental than a player being as good as AFK near bombers.

I see. Oh well, I just thought I can provide feedback to make some missions more teamwork like, thus increasing fun for all. My mistake tho because I did not factor in the importance of personal stats in the game. Heh, won't do that mistake again.

eekeeboo #30 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

Then please, explain me this :

Guys, it's not because you 'feel like it's something' that it really is.

And i created a topic to talk about that, with actual info from dev, which is still on the first page, don't stop being so sure of yourselves that you don't even need to check.

Look at your rank on the team panel. 

eekeeboo #31 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

I see. Oh well, I just thought I can provide feedback to make some missions more teamwork like, thus increasing fun for all. My mistake tho because I did not factor in the importance of personal stats in the game. Heh, won't do that mistake again.

You are the only one obsessed with personal stats here, everyone else is stating that tactics and teamwork are more important for a victory. 

Varathius #32 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

Senior Airman

• 125 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

You are the only one obsessed with personal stats here, everyone else is stating that tactics and teamwork are more important for a victory. 

no way. Do not turn this around. I could not care about personal stats, in fact, in WOW NA I turned it off. WoT NA I would too. I hate statistics crap. If I could, I would ban all video games for having public stats without option of turning it off. lol. The person I argued yesterday with, the first thing he immediately did was look up my stats and pretty much say I am useless as a bomber pilot, that could be so, for now, but people here look at stats. Like the other dude before, and on other posts "you only got x-many battles" etc, etc... So far, I have not looked up 1 stat of anyone except the bro I argued with yesterday. 

I would also never care if one has 1 or 10,000 battles when giving feedback, but that is normal for people that grew up playing games on Atari and Amigas. 

Edited by Varathius, 09 January 2018 - 05:00 PM.

Keulz #33 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1543 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostVarathius, on 09 January 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

You don't get it.

You say that players only cares about missions instead of doing actual teamplay because of missions, i'm showing you that even with missions pushing to teamplay, if you only care about those missions it can end up being the same.

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

Look at your rank on the team panel. 

Anything else ?

eekeeboo #34 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

I looked if you remember. 

I'm sure of myself because:

The factors that have always affected xp earned: proximity to enemy, what you shoot, what you shoot with, how you crit, the tiers and the differences in tiers. As higher tiers get more xp etc. 

You then factor multiplication is standard apart from random bugs that were present on the old meteor where it was a wrong multiplication value. 

Your test to be valid would need to be shooting the same planes, the same tiers etc. Until then "stop being so sure of yourselves that you don't even need to check". 

The way the devs has actually calculated xp has been hidden and obscure for some time. As you were told in your thread. 

eekeeboo #35 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

I said your team panel, you rank higher on the team with more mastery points. Look over the ranking and it even shows you how it's calculated. You didn't read that part. 

Keulz #36 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1543 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

The factors that have always affected xp earned: proximity to enemy, what you shoot, what you shoot with, how you crit, the tiers and the differences in tiers. As higher tiers get more xp etc. 

You're talking about WoT, here.

And the tier influence XP, not mastery points, which is what we are talking about that.

Until then "stop being so sure of yourselves that you don't even need to check". 

I'm not the one saying 'it works like that', you are. I'm just saying that you need to prove it.

And i add to that that i have proof that what you're saying is wrong.

As you were told in your thread. 

I think you're talking about the thread with the charts, because i'm talking about the other one, where i copied that, from a dev (google translate) :

mastery-points-explained-by-dev-on-ru-forum/

Priolia

Greetings!

Points of skill are awarded for:

• team effort (25%, 50% and 100% coverage of the impact scale); That is, when the team's influence scale is filled to the specified number of%, each player "drips" 200, 100 and 50 skill points respectively
  • Serial achievements of a particular player on an airplane until the time of its destruction (for example, a series of several destroyed enemy planes until the player's airplane was destroyed, a series of assistants, a series of destroyed defenders, a series of destroyed ground targets, while in the series the first keel, etc. gets the maximum of skill points.
  • special actions of a particular player (for example, the destruction of an enemy aircraft with a battering ram or fire, fire, roquette, and revenge.) Points of mastery are also from the maximum for the first special event, with a decrease for subsequent ones.

The number of skills earned in the battle skill directly depends on the amount of experience accrued on the basis of the battle for airplanes and crews. If several planes were used in the battle, the experience for each of them and the corresponding crews is calculated on the basis of the number of skill points earned on each airplane. For the victory in battle, additional experience is accrued.

For example, the mastery points for reaching a threshold have nothing to do with plane tasks.

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

I said your team panel, you rank higher on the team with more mastery points. Look over the ranking and it even shows you how it's calculated. You didn't read that part. 

The rank is in the screenshots i showed you, 1st on both.

New_Death #37 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 1295 battles
  • [FOUL] FOUL
You still haven't shown us if it's a t8 battle, or whether it's a t10 battle. All those factor in aswell. If you had two identical games with two completely different results I might believe you. Fact is doing your job helps your team win. And who is that dev you supposedly have contact with? The info I have is that if you want more xp, you should play fighters, GAA are intentionally getting low xp for some reason.

eekeeboo #38 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 2925 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostKeulz, on 09 January 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

You're talking about WoT, here.

And the tier influence XP, not mastery points, which is what we are talking about that.

I'm not the one saying 'it works like that', you are. I'm just saying that you need to prove it.

And i add to that that i have proof that what you're saying is wrong.

I think you're talking about the thread with the charts, because i'm talking about the other one, where i copied that, from a dev (google translate) :

mastery-points-explained-by-dev-on-ru-forum/

For example, the mastery points for reaching a threshold have nothing to do with plane tasks.

The rank is in the screenshots i showed you, 1st on both.

No i'm talking planes. I'll provide screenshots from tonight's stream. As for proving it.... the onus of proof is on your fine self. You can't say you have proof when you don't use controlled conditions. You say you have proof that mastery points don't affect your rank on the team. I will edit this post at the end of the albion event with proof. 

Keulz #39 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1543 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostNew_Death, on 09 January 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

You still haven't shown us if it's a t8 battle, or whether it's a t10 battle. All those factor in aswell. If you had two identical games with two completely different results I might believe you. Fact is doing your job helps your team win. And who is that dev you supposedly have contact with? The info I have is that if you want more xp, you should play fighters, GAA are intentionally getting low xp for some reason.

I don't remember the tier battle, but that could have an influence, yes.

It's just that you said the mastery points just was a result of the tasks, my screens show it's not, you at least need another variable, like tier battle. 

But even if, that wouldn't be.

And I don't create people just to be right :

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index.php?/topic/94733-%d0%ba%d0%b0%d0%ba-%d1%81%d1%87%d0%b8%d1%82%d0%b0%d1%8e%d1%82%d1%81%d1%8f-%d0%be%d1%87%d0%ba%d0%b8-%d0%bc%d0%b0%d1%81%d1%82%d0%b5%d1%80%d1%81%d1%82%d0%b2%d0%b0/page__pid__2677161#entry2677161

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 January 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

No i'm talking planes. I'll provide screenshots from tonight's stream. As for proving it.... the onus of proof is on your fine self. You can't say you have proof when you don't use controlled conditions. You say you have proof that mastery points don't affect your rank on the team. I will edit this post at the end of the albion event with proof. 

Again, you need to prove what you said, because i'm asking for proof from the begining.

And again, i never said that rank have no impact on mastery points !!!

I never said planes tasks have no impact either.

But if you want my guesses, i will go with what the dev said, yes, now, what was said ? From what i understand from the google translation, you get 200, 100 and then 50 MP for 25%, 50% and 100% superiority points ; you also get MP for special rewards like rocketeer and you get points for each plane killed but if you only kill planes you get less and less MP until you do something else (well, i'm not sure i really understand this part, if someone can read russians...).

New_Death #40 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 1295 battles
  • [FOUL] FOUL
And something else means doing the 3 different tasks your plane role is given. So if you're in a fighter, killing planes constantly in different places is gonna net you more mastery points rather than sitting on one capped point and defending only it. So in the end by actually doing all 3 tasks which for a fighter include going to enemy points and capping them aswell you'll get more mastery points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users