Feedback on daily missions received in the Albion event

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kr4zy #1 Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

Back in recovery again...

• Alpha Tester
  • 1239 battles
  • [-RDF-] -RDF-

I could post this in the public test section, as WG clearly is using the Albion event as a test for the missions you can buy later for your tokens, but hey, need to put it somewhere. 

Let's get into the points:

1) Let a decent translator that knows what the mission is supposed to be translate the text, and make sure it's correct. The first iterations of most of the T8 missions were a disaster;

2) Please take a good look at the time players get to complete the missions for a plane. 24 hours, of which 3 hours in prime time go down the drain due to the event, is insane. I was lucky to have a few days off so I could complete the mission for one tier 8 premium. Using 8 tokens to prolong the mission for a tier 8 premium is something I invested, but I suspect that not everyone was willing to do that with the risk of bumping into another 'bugged' mission. Note: I am not complaining about the difficulty. I consider the missions given valid for a free tier 8 premium, but the time frame was hard..

3) Creating a mission requirement for an aircraft type that isn't available in the tech tree (RB-17 mission, bomber req.) is not a very good decision.

4) Reserved for further input that springs into my mind or gets slammed in comments below ;-)

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Kr4zy, 10 January 2018 - 12:36 PM.

Doktor_Plama #2 Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 511 battles
I can safely state that I will never buy a mission which needs to be done in such short period of time. And I want to see the mission requirements before purchase, not after. Considering those points I would not mind paying for access to such mission.

GonerNL #3 Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4701 battles

Partly agreed.

IMHO some of the missions that you get in loot-crates during Albion are only for people who already have high tier planes and can spend hours & hours behind their PC. So I disagree on the point that the difficulty is OK.

I got the tier VIII bomber mission and after looking up what they exactly wanted me to do in 24 hours, I ditched it. More than 500 capture points in a sortie, 240 AA guns destroyed and again 400 capture points (too bad if you didn't have a bomber) ...

http://forum.worldof...631#entry547631

Edited by GonerNL, 10 January 2018 - 11:31 AM.

Tankitranki #4 Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2661 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
I think the biggest problem is the description of the missions and the fact that they are too often bugged.
I think  is "right" for those who have just started playing (like me) not yet have the "best" aircraft for missions that allow you to win a premium tier8 aircraft (I should kill 3 planes with rockets in one sortie .. .but without "salvo fire" a little bit hard) ... it will be easier at the next event, when  will have a lot of tokens obtained by playing well. (or at least that's what I hope :) )

Kr4zy #5 Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

Back in recovery again...

• Alpha Tester
  • 1239 battles
  • [-RDF-] -RDF-

View PostGonerNL, on 10 January 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Partly agreed.

IMHO some of the missions that you get in loot-crates during Albion are only for people who already have high tier planes and can spend hours & hours behind their PC. So I disagree on the point that the difficulty is OK.

I got the tier VIII bomber mission and after looking up what they exactly wanted me to do in 24 hours, I ditched it. More than 500 capture points in a sortie, 240 AA guns destroyed and again 400 capture points (too bad if you didn't have a bomber) ...

http://forum.worldof...631#entry547631

If you don't have some high tiers, getting a high tier bomber for free is the same problem as letting tier 1 players buy a premium tier 8. Most of the time you get useless players. I don't mind that they put up a bit of a barrier for those high tier premiums. Hours and hours of time behind a pc is not a difficulty issue, but is a time issue, which I addressed in point 2.

The mission requirement ' with a bomber ' is something that can be debated, as bombers are not available for free, but need to be bought or unlocked through another Albion mission. 

Edited by Kr4zy, 10 January 2018 - 12:35 PM.

GonerNL #6 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4701 battles

It's not just a question of having gold, tokens and/or high tier planes, but also a question of spending hours trying to fulfill these missions.

I've read posts here and on NA forum and Reddit by people who spent hours & hours just for the first part ...  I'm lucky if I can get 2 hours on an evening (weekdays) and you get only 24 hours in which to finish the whole mission. It's a bit frustrating to get a loot-crate and you can not even use the contents. The fireworks and sparklers you can at least sell ... :-)

Tankitranki #7 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2661 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostGonerNL, on 10 January 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

It's not just a question of having gold, tokens and/or high tier planes, but also a question of spending hours trying to fulfill these missions.

I've read posts here and on NA forum and Reddit by people who spent hours & hours just for the first part ...  I'm lucky if I can get 2 hours on an evening (weekdays) and you get only 24 hours in which to finish the whole mission. It's a bit frustrating to get a loot-crate and you can not even use the contents. The fireworks and sparklers you can at least sell ... :-)

If you can not spend hours playing then you have to spend money, it's not wrong as a concept because the WG is not a non-profit organization ...  winning tokens is not so difficult and if you play for months you should have a quantity that allows you to complete or prolong, if convenient, missions that require a large amount of time (for a premium tier8 not for a plane that will soon be in the tech tree imho)

We must give the right "weight" to the missions, these are something more and , even if I can not complete one, I find a good initiative, which must be improved (surely description and requirements correctly listed and working as intended) but still valid.
In the crates I also found gold, premium days, skilled pilots, hangar slots, credits and consumables premiums (= credits again) ... and an easy grind of allies planes, no bad for a newbie...try to play Wot...you would cry a river to grind a middle tier tank or farm credits :trollface:

m249jim #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2292 battles

View PostTankitranki, on 10 January 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

I think the biggest problem is the description of the missions and the fact that they are too often bugged.
I think  is "right" for those who have just started playing (like me) not yet have the "best" aircraft for missions that allow you to win a premium tier8 aircraft (I should kill 3 planes with rockets in one sortie .. .but without "salvo fire" a little bit hard) ... it will be easier at the next event, when  will have a lot of tokens obtained by playing well. (or at least that's what I hope :) )

The mission description have been issue for all WoWP events (inc the daily missions) since 2.0, TBH, the Albion event has had probably the clearest descriptions far; when you found them. 

Overall, I found the Albion event to be pretty good, as long as you played allied, and had some aircraft with rockets/bombs, as these made a massive difference to the amount of point you got. 

For the rewards, and how you got them, getting the first green loot crate was easy, the 2nd, that took me between 1.5-2hrs (I find 2hrs is about the max I can do in a session without a break, and I start to lose interest/get sloppy) to get the 100 additional point, forget the 3rd, maybe if you were playing in tier IX/X this was possible, it wasn't in IV, V and VI aircraft.  The rewards were ok to good, I had one 3x pilot which was credited incorrectly, and WG acknowledged this in a ticket, the XP and gold were nice, and I liked the unique camo I got for 3 different aircraft!  better than anything that you didn't have to give hard cash for in WoT this year!

The bad was the missions to get aircraft, like the Hurricane, I got one, maybe two of these, when I worked out how to do it, it was pretty obvious that they were impossible with the time limits given, and WG wanted you to use Tokens for them.

Bromvogel #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 3612 battles
  • [SABB] SABB

So I am one of the fools trying to get the RB17 and use tokens to extend a day, as i did not have enough time to do it in the first day.

Only to find that the mission counter does not register the required number of damage to be done.

Did not spend any further tokens and send a ticket to WG.  Answer back was they know about the problem and will decide later what they will do about it.

Meantime - no RB and tokens down the drain.

Other missions - did not even try

Lets hope and see.

Must say I enjoyed the game mode and did not do to badly wrt winnings.

Horcan #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3548 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

I got the RB-17 mission yesterday and first two parts were really easy with GAA planes ( was killing 20-30 AA/per game ). But for part 3 i only have the tier 4 bomber, and in the few games i tried i didnt even managed 100 CP in an entire game, let alone 400 in a single sortie, the bases are too few and too fast capturable by killing 2-3 defenders or a couple targets by GAA. 

LE: Afterall it seems it is either bugged or just retarded translation. The CP were adding from different games , either what you did in first sortie, or if you didnt die whole game. SO managed to get the plane 50 minutes before deadline. Still doesnt change my view on the game a bit. Its still failing miserably.

Posted Image

Edited by Horcan, 11 January 2018 - 07:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users