Albion, Missions and the gameplay we got today in warplanes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mancer55 #1 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 968 battles

Hello,

Just felt the need to express my feelings somewhere where it might be censored if even read. (Oh sarcasm...)

So I have been playing here for a time, with pauses since i got other things to do too in my life and other games to play and mod even. I brought my fair share of gold and planes since i support the game i play. For me (sitting in central europe) a plane at T8+ costs the same as filling up my car btw... Guess about income.

I am no way hardcore nor ever will be but consider myself a good player trying to win the match thinking what to do in situations. I did over 20k points in a battle Tier4, Bf109 not long ago with 1 death so i missed the marseilles medal, my highest score ever, man i love the german planes, they are fantastic. So that's where my main problem lies at, why are they losing each day in the event, why i can not win for once on axis side? I am not playing my favourits.

Partly because most players are new, the old ones i knew and flew together are just gone, thanks 2.0., nonsense handling, non-informative UI and the only capture game mode where no1 knew and knows what to do. Capping a plant for 8 minutes? Have you ever seen that? XD

New guys just stare, fly straight while bullets shred them to pieces, i don't even think they notice being shot at sometimes. While this is a problem in a Battle it is a disaster on Event. And that ramming skill is just hillarious. My girlfriend who i thought and fly with makes 10k sometimes and she never played games before like this.

On the other part planes are way off in trees, what comes against what. Old discussion so I do not start it again. Also won't mention planes never existed or flown, with impressive on-paper characteristics. All these thrown together with years of difference in usage and place where they could have met each other. For the games' sake they are just there we deal with it (or not).

Another issue is the armament. While a Stuka can't have bombs (wasn't it the most famous dive bomber like....ever?) only 20mm Cannons (2x Tier3 weapon in Tier5 for a ground attacker, really???). Then the beast twin 37mm that are overheating like crazy but a damn fun to snipe on planes from miles which i do sometimes and die laughing while doing it. My P47 tho armed to the teeth even got a special pilot girl with dive bombing skill.... Ehm, okay. Balanced? No. I named that plane Happy Bottom...

The event we got is just streched too long. How many days is it now? Can not count even. Grind for crates (allies ofc), get your stuff and be happy, do it again. Two sparklers or smoke flares or what it is from a crate and i am smashing my desk, some keys fly, press BATTLE and look for those keys.

Well i do grind still. I got the Hurricane II, Ju88A, Me109TL, tokens, gold, all those things. But the missions to get the planes, are you crazy?

Destroy 200 aa guns, do 17 kills no death, rocket down 3 planes and make coffee for 70 secretaries in 24 hours? Some of us got work and girlfriend too. I know the target audience is between 10 and 20 now but come on..... I did my planes by either extending time (plz buy tokens) or buying the missions partially (plz by even more tokens, just buy more okay?) so i got them. I know it's not a giveaway so i have to make an effort but this is not the way. Girlfriend got the Model81 out of a crate instantly, two 12,7mm guns, she laughed for 5 minutes.

By the way, why all those gift codes mostly for NA and RU servers of course (EU base is small so just ignore us) and then 80 tokens to bypass a mission i could never complete in my life ever. Odd isn't it. Yet i bypassed it, still better than buying that plane.

So since Axis always loses, all people with some brain left between the ears gone over to Allies by now. So what we have now is often 3-4 minutes of waiting since the game server is looking for a clueless person playing Axis to throw us together with. Matches don't last 4 minutes or barely more. 7-8 humans with overpowered planes against bots only who can only shoot you down but never defend a base. That Beaufighter is naughty.

Yesterday after 3 minutes finally a loading screen, a CTD as usual (fix this for god's sake and also the fps drops since last patches, 27fpsor less on a gtx960 on certain map areas, really....) I finally fly on the middle of the map being shot to half hp already (wake up dammit!), quick turn and burn making like 1000 points, bam, match over. 2 points towards crates...that is not much for 8 minutes of lifetime. Even people beg on chat to not to rush the game to make points not the win. Hillarious.

So what i do is making the first 2 crates with regulars on xp multipliers then spending the remaining event time with premiums switced to make money and xp with multiplier for its pilots. What else to do? Nothing. Win, wait, win, wait....

Lastly (man i wrote a lot) the dailies. Back in 1.9 they weren't easy but made sense. Now, kill 87 planes of a specific type, while defending a specific base type, counts only if win. Ehm.... who thinks of these? Is he/she aware what the game is about? Or is he/she ever played it?

Even if okay requirements, not mistranslated by some employee (whooooaaaa it happens a lot now) they do not count the kills, points whatever. Then sometimes they magically unstuck and bam u got your last 3 matches' results. Can i progress please like...normally?

Okay i will stop now. If you read it, thank you, hope you had your laugh maybe cried a little with me. Time to log in to wait.

Cheers? M

_Desper #2 Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 495 battles

Agree with this. I made 10k free exp today for tanks and its chore for me mainly becouse fps, I play at lowest resolution and details for 20-30 fps and game looks like crap and lag like hell, Imo I have extra deep simulator flight model due to fps lag.

Fps gets much worse last time I played. 

The game needs more game play depth, the mode isn't bad and can be fun but the amount of superiority wins and battles when bots just carry you is hilarious. I would start with longer battles or changing rules.

I also tryied WT recently and it's not funny how the controls, camera and plane behaviour is excatly same with all the good and bad. 

Robbie_T #3 Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

Airman Basic

• 819 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Whatts up with yall and Fps problems i have a old rig and plays fine on med to high.

i7920 12gig Asus gtx 760(2gig)

_Desper #4 Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 495 battles

View PostRobbie_T, on 11 January 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

Whatts up with yall and Fps problems i have a old rig and plays fine on med to high.

i7920 12gig Asus gtx 760(2gig)

Thats weird I have i7930 12 gb ram and gtx 1060 6gb

mancer55 #5 Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

Senior Airman

• 968 battles
Game is not optimized, memory leaks, thats how it happens. I got a wonderfully modded Fallout 4 running above maximum settings smoothly (around50 fps), while here i got fps drops below 20-30 (capped at 59 by driver btw).

Edited by mancer55, 11 January 2018 - 08:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users