World of Warplanes - 2.0.3 patchnotes

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

dreambill #21 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 324 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

The new Interface is Really 10 times worst than the old, something that mentioned again and again at tests but WG as usual hears nobody. (Except the WOW what a cool game !!!!)

The guys who created this needed to erase all the past elements in order to prove that they work on something "new", regardless if it was better or not. :facepalm:

jakub_czyli_ja #22 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 596 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Sad thing is that both modes give useful and useless information, and in most cases they could be merged into one, better stream of info. But not, players are sentenced into what some dev decided be the best.

Of course all of this $hit wouldn't be necessary if there would be just old UI.

Edited by jakub_czyli_ja, 13 January 2018 - 01:25 PM.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

The_Last_Jedi #23 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1369 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2
Can't see the swimming whales... :(  All my wishes vanished... Maybe some penguins next time...

Mytola #24 Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 410 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
You don't have to hold down alt all the time, btw. If you click on the keybind in settings, you can change it between toggle or hold.

omglaserspewpew #25 Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 837 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

If you set Alt UI to toggle, it's another thing you need to pay attention to and it can get messy in protracted fights, such as cap defenses. If it's on-press, it's more easily manageable if you tend to be in the thick of it all the time, which you should be. At least for me. I tested both setups and decided to stay with on-press as it performed better.

zgubny #26 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 932 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View PostBertiux, on 11 January 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Pilots, 

We have released the update 2.0.3 as announced in the support page: https://eu.wargaming...support/news/46

Please read on to find out the content of this update:

The "Skies of Albion" event is over. All loot crates earned in battles and purchased with tokens have been opened automatically and their contents have been transferred to player accounts. All players who received operation orders will be able to complete their missions within the next 24 hours. 

Aircraft

Dornier Do 17 Z, Junkers Ju 88 A, Dornier Do 217 M, Hawker Hurricane I, Hawker Hurricane II, Hawker Tornado aircraft now can be researched. The branch of German medium bombers starts after Focke-Wulf Fw 57, while the branch of British multirole fighters starts after Blackburn Skua.

Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV (early mod.), Douglas A-26B, and Myasishchev RB-17 bombers can no longer be purchased with tokens. With the release of this update, they become Premium aircraft and will be available for purchase with gold.  

Maps and Graphics

"Adriatic" and "Arctic" maps have been visually improved.

Adriatic:

• Added glaciers in the southeast corner around the refinery.
  • Added swimming whales in various places in the water.
  • Reworked the salt lake area, changed the shape of lakes and also reworked how steam is displayed.
  • Added villages in the eastern part of the map.
  • Added a forest near the military base.

Arctic:

• Improved the level of detail in the coastal area. Added underwater reefs.
  • Reworked the clouds to add a picturesque touch to the map.
  • Added additional objects in the mountains surrounding the Mining Plant.

Improvements and Bug Fixes

• Fixed a critical error of the game client caused by launching the game with an invalid preferences.xml file.  
  • Added an option to clear the embedded browser cache when the “Launch the game and clear its cached data“ option in Wargaming.net Game Center is selected.   
  • Fixed an error causing the pop-up windows with aircraft characteristics not to appear on the aircraft carousel during the respawn waiting time.  
  • Fixed an error that caused the critical damage taken by the previous aircraft that has been destroyed to be displayed on the module scheme of the new aircraft chosen after the respawn.

Get Airborne!

Bugs are not fixed , and we still have game crashes ...

Edited by zgubny, 14 January 2018 - 06:08 PM.

Gremorian #27 Posted Yesterday, 05:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1101 battles
  • [LLV24] LLV24

Hawker Hurricane Mk II's port wing landing light and red navigation light's covers are missing transparent textures, and are showing some wrong print in their place. 

Is it a failed file download, or do the rest of you have the same error?

Edited by Gremorian, Yesterday, 05:02 AM.

raketak_ #28 Posted Yesterday, 06:16 AM

Senior Airman

• 1332 battles

Seems that today is new patch, I wanted play same battles before go to work and I cannot. No info....

Dear WG, when you dont act with us as with clients, there is simple solution - we will not pay. 

Razu_Invader #29 Posted Yesterday, 07:38 AM

Senior Airman

• 1636 battles

View Postraketak_, on 18 January 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

Seems that today is new patch, I wanted play same battles before go to work and I cannot. No info....

Dear WG, when you dont act with us as with clients, there is simple solution - we will not pay. 

Yep servers down. Apparently they don't even communicate down time with us anymore.

Edited by Razu_Invader, Yesterday, 07:46 AM.

Razu_Invader #30 Posted Yesterday, 07:46 AM

Senior Airman

• 1636 battles

View PostClean, on 11 January 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Fix in game crashes now please!

Add your name to this thread if you are still crashing in game. New patch no fixes of common game breaking bugs.

Krisak #31 Posted Yesterday, 08:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 230 battles
Classic Paris WG staff fail ....  SHAME like always .... 

zgubny #32 Posted Yesterday, 09:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 932 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View PostRazu_Invader, on 18 January 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

Yep servers down. Apparently they don't even communicate down time with us anymore.

Yeah , they really scared !!! They don't communicate cause they don't know what this word mean !

Their server is a big crap

zgubny #33 Posted Yesterday, 10:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 932 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View Postmattho1, on 13 January 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

some observations after 450 battles in version 2.0

- why game client crashes so often?

- why game engine is so badly optimized? on 1500€ desktop PC it cant maintain 60fps all time

- why hangar is loading so long?

- why physics and fly model is so fucked up? old one was ok

- why camera is so fucked up? old one was much better

- why planes have lowered flaps in hangar? that is total bullshit

- why during flight the control surfaces are "shaking" ? that is even bigger bullshit

- why wing "evaporate" when plane fly high speed?

- why i need hold ALT key 90% time of the battle to see important information necessary to making good decisions?

- why target markers appears so late? why i cant configure them like in old version?

- why markers no more show amount of HP of target?

- why game client move my cursor in windows, when game is minimized (and battle is loading)?

- why cursor position is not centered when game is returned from minimized state.

- why there is only one artificial horizon? old game had plenty

- why artificial horizon dont have also "radio altimeter"? barometric is good for climbing, but for ground pounding is useless

- why "free rotation" camera (right click) is changing distance? it is confusing when you need look fast in different way during combat

- why there is an aimbot?? evading maneuvers are useless

i forgot one thing:

- why you "combine" radar and map - it is useless. As radar it is too big (according to displayed information) and as map is too small.

there is more:

- why we still have "multi tier" matchmaking when in every battle are 50%+ bots? you can generate bots as much as you want

- why on one map (same layout) play T3 and also T8? that is a little bit wide range

- why there is no sound when my plane is on fire? that [edited]"narrator" speak bullshits and not important things

- generally sounds are crap - game cant play more like 3 sounds at time, so you simply dont hear half of sounds 

- why plane experience are no more displayed on right side in "plane table"?

- why you remove advanced mouse control settings? i dont like default behavior

- why you remove advanced camera settings? i hate default behavior

- this new plane stats in percentage is also bullshit - this numbers means nothing

- why you remove "compare planes table" from battle?

Exactly !!! WHY ??????????????

lanied #34 Posted Yesterday, 11:19 AM

Airman Basic

• 152 battles
It's just me or hangar just can't load?

G_UK #35 Posted Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Airman Basic

• 321 battles

View Postlanied, on 18 January 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

It's just me or hangar just can't load?

Not just you, Won't for me either.

Lots and lots of script errors in the logs. I'm currently trying a reinstall, just waiting for the download to finish.

Edit: It's the preferences.xml file. Back-up your settings by renaming the file and then let the game recreate it on launch.

Edited by G_UK, Yesterday, 10:25 PM.

Gridcoin: Rx5iQUC9fdZkYuxrjW6ySV6Jfttsw5Ub2L
Bitshares: g-uk https://wallet.bitshares.org
Ethereum: 0x418025088C2638c6816561fC2e026AE78daa2c8c
Storj: 0x734E41c433DE29383957A80dc57B8D025dd326b5

scramaseax #36 Posted Today, 12:31 AM

Senior Airman

• 504 battles

View PostG_UK, on 18 January 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

Edit: It's the preferences.xml file. Back-up your settings by renaming the file and then let the game recreate it on launch.

Thanks a million for this. I'd never have figured it out other than a reinstall, and I ran the WGCheck.exe program to no avail as well. 

Makes you wonder if anyone at WG tried playing a game or two before they released this latest patch? Or if there's anyone there at WG EU.

I'm thinking of leaving this server to focus my remaining efforts on this title on the NA server- there's little forum activity and the specials seem better at NA. Maybe WG should think of consolidating the player base on one server, and whatever personnel- if any- they still have on WoP to help with a consolidated global forum and marketing efforts. Otherwise 'issue in doubt' as the USMC would say on the game's survival prospects (again!).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users