• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

NicramDuel #1 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 320 battles
  • [PM101] PM101

Wow, +1 month, +1 error. 

Geez, I mean, c'mon! I don't even want to PLAY the game! I just want to do my once-in-a-month login to activate the 30-day premium account for Warships... and I can't even do that... :teethhappy: But hey, at least I can hear the birds chirping in my hangar. :facepalm::D

Omfg, what possible depths can still be achieved on development..."development"-side in this game? :teethhappy: 

NicramDuel #2 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 320 battles
  • [PM101] PM101

I found a solution in another topic. Thank you Battlestar! :) 

View PostBattlestar1965, on 21 January 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

Try deleting the file "preferences.xml" in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes\" (Path is for WIN 10, might look different for WIN 7 or WIN 8).

__efka_ #3 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

Airman Basic

• 12 battles
what you mean about once-in-a-month login to activate the 30-day premium account ?

NicramDuel #4 Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 320 battles
  • [PM101] PM101

It's a "feature" of the evolution of the game, a result of two separate threads of events. 

Until about two years ago, buying gold (the premium currency here) was a viable, and actually, preferred way to invest into the game - particularly due to all new, premium planes being available for gold, and not just IRL cash. Simply put: Actually, quite a lot of players (myself included) made 10.000+ gold donations. These could always be converted into aircraft. That is, until the final few months of 1.9, and ever since in 2.0. For a while now, new planes have ONLY been available through either missions, or for real-time, on-the-spot cash purchases (For instance, the latest Christmas "gift to the community" - the IL-1). The last, newly introduced plane that was available for in-game gold was the Kostikov 302 - perhaps one of the best and most overpowered aircraft of the 1.9 version. Not only was it a good investment for gold...but the last one, too. Since then, anyone not willing to buy premium time, or any of the existing, available premium aircraft in the tech trees has been sitting on their gold reserves. In some cases, tens of thousands of gold, with nothing (left) to spend on. 

The other thread is that of the tokens, the rewards for daily missions and medals. Today, some medals are not too difficult to farm, and can wield a few tokens per day. But these missions of 2.X... "Kill 500 Japanese or U.S. ground attack aircraft within one sortie on a desert map above a lake while flying a bomber during a squall line, protecting a sector and winning the battle in 7 consecutive games"... for let's say 2 tokens...well, briefly, they're not making token farming as easy as it used to be. Not that it was a joyride back then, either...but with careful organisation of mission objectives (resetting the harder/less yielding missions every 4 hours until you had an optimal mix), you could complete all missions on all tiers with 1 or two hours of relaxed gameplay, without ever needing to worry about issues such as "will there even be bombers available at all to even have a chance to complete such a mission? Or will there be an airfield above which I can do airfield-related missions?". Not to mention the daily medals. Getting a thunder was basically guaranteed as a GAA. And the old, very common 1v1 battles nearly always guaranteed an ace, too. And for those who stayed up late enough (or woke up early) - yes, me included - farmed gorovets/gabreski/clostermann medals, often simultaneously: both players would get them after a t1 battle, regardless of winning or losing. During 1.x, most players could easily afford a monthly premium from daily tokens (5 needed per day on average for the monthly 150), with quite a few storing up huge reserves in the process (at times, 15 tokens a day could be achieved: 3x3 for missions, and another 6 for the most easily attainable medals). However, apart from the rare occasions when an event could potentially drain huge token reserves (the last such occurance was the introduction of bombers), most players would still have a respectable sized token reserve available to satisfy future needs.

Shortly: Even today, even after the introduction of bombers, some players still have some tokens to spare...and many old players are still sitting on whole stockpiles of gold, with nothing to actually spend it on. 

Unless...said player decides to actively engage in another of WarGaming's games (which, unlike Planes, still actually belongs to, and is still being developed by said company). Even though WG is doing everything to sever any and all ties with this game, they still provide a small loophole for anyone who once used to play here: Any premium time that is activated here will be identically live on the other games (Well, Tanks and Ships definitely). With less and less hopes for the future of this game, I have recently started to deplete both my tokens and my gold here in favor of Warships. Currently, this is what I have referred to as logging in on a monthly basis. 

P.S.: Unlike many old players, I am one of the few who who, although sad to see the old version go, I was actually interested in 2.0...and...I actually LIKE it! To be honest, I'd like to (to some extent) play both versions simultaneously now - with some smaller or bigger tweaks to both versions. My alienation to WoWP as a whole came very suddenly and abruptly, a few months ago, following a morning crash of the game. During which I somehow lost nearly HALF of my progress and medals since the launch of 2.0! Although demonstrating clear and perfect evidence (screenshots, forum links of my flights), the useless braindead fools responsible for fixing anything here (if such people even exist, lol) couldn't even edit my profile to at least re-add the few medals I could prove to them. Just a fraction of what I had lost. A long-running ticket marathon ensued, but in the end I was left with both a very bitter taste, and the fear of this phenomenon repeating itself. Not being a fan of any game where progress can suddenly be lost, and never reclaimed, I have since stopped flying altogether.  

Edited by NicramDuel, 30 January 2018 - 06:10 AM.

hedi2222 #5 Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

Senior Airman

• 89 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostNicramDuel, on 25 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

I found a solution in another topic. Thank you Battlestar! :) 

Thank you for linking this here :):D

For some dumb reason this stuff has to be solved on your own... Since they can't fix their own errors

jakub_czyli_ja #6 Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 4366 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

It's something with preferences.xml file.

Depending how good you are with computers, you may try to just remove it (and lose all settings), or backup, let the game generate new one and check differences - for me it was apparently a hangar description section - after its removal, old preferences file worked.

Horcan #7 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5099 battles
Had the same problem trying to claim 1 premium day for a friend which is not playing planes. My account working, his not, hanging at loading and only playing sounds. Didnt know what to do and deleted whole directory on appdata folder, which solved problem but also reset everything on my account too and had to set flaps key and click those tutorials videos and missions. I guess it has something to do with that rainy hangar from last event. If you havent logged in since then you get the bug (which was the case for my RL friend account), i guess.

SamuraiShakaViking #8 Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 482 battles
  • [GS-WS] GS-WS
couldnt get in game the whole weekend. just hear hangar but screen client keeps loading
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing". ~ G.B.Shaw

Ali_Jinnah #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Airman Basic

• 76 battles

Crash on startup and during battle … any fix?

RoyalFlyingCorps #10 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14554 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Actually, you'll find that not all premium time in this game carries over to ships now.  For instance, none of the premium time obtained from Santa's Bags transferred to WoWS.  Be aware your "loophole" is shrinking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users