• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

britinmadrid #1 Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4397 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

There are two types of Bots in this game:

Firstly, there are the WG Bots which are needed. Yes, they are...suck it up. This game is fun at the basic level and I can see a few more players in the battles now. Until we have a full population, however (after bug fixes, advertising the game et cetera) they are necessary evil. It is strange how sometimes all the Bots on one side have Chevrons yet on the other team they have none, but that I can live with. Hopefully, it will improve with time.

Secondly, unfortunately, there are the 10-minute AFK 'Human' players. I see them regularly and I'm sure you do as well. We all crash due to this game's terrible optimization, but in 10 minutes someone cannot reboot their computer, log in and do at least 1 point of damage? No - that is not the case. They seem to be logging in, instantly quitting the game and then receiving 1,000 Combat Points for doing literally nothing.

People regularly complain about Bots and I have a solution.

I no longer play Armored Warfare as it failed. Poor player base, imbalanced vehicle lines and a wavering vision of the game killed it. I paid for a Premium Account and I bought Premium vehicles but reluctantly abandoned it. It had one excellent idea however: every battle you started out at negative credits at three different levels for the corresponding levels of difficulty. If you went AFK, you lost money. If you played the game, you made money. Elegant.

No banning poor players. No punishing potato computer owners. Just AFK abusers.

Could WG not do that here?

What do you think?

Edited by britinmadrid, 25 February 2018 - 04:19 PM.

Vladinir_Shotitov #2 Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 1393 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Sound analysis of the problem, Brit, and an optimal solution suggested.

I seem to recall exactly the same observation and suggestion some time around version 1.3 - 1.4 of the game; you can see WG's response.  They appear to regard any form of engagement to be better than none at all; if the company were to implement any kind of effective anti-human-'bot' measures, they would drive away those 'bots' and the player base would diminish even further..  Fewer people to target with their super-persuasive advertising for all their cash-generating Premium ideas.

Talking of which, my premium subscription is up in 31 days.  I wonder how they're going to persuade me to spend more money... something I haven't done since 2.0 launch.

jakub_czyli_ja #3 Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2718 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Postbritinmadrid, on 25 February 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

I no longer play Armored Warfare as it failed. Poor player base, imbalanced vehicle lines and a wavering vision of the game killed it. I paid for a Premium Account and I bought Premium vehicles but reluctantly abandoned it. It had one excellent idea however: every battle you started out at negative credits at three different levels for the corresponding levels of difficulty. If you went AFK, you lost money. If you played the game, you made money. Elegant.

And now define "played".

Vladinir_Shotitov #4 Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 1393 battles
  • [COSTS] COSTS

Another thought occurred to me: are these players trying to do their daily missions, only to find that WG have (yet again) dumped them on a map without the necessary target(s)?  If so, their actions are understandable if not excusable; a quick explanation before they b*gger orft might help a little.

Meanwhile, perhaps WG could balance the missions better.  I know it's not in their interests to do so - they'd rather people bought in-game Gold with cash-moneys in order to obtain Premium, rather than saving up tokens.

britinmadrid #5 Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4397 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 25 February 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

And now define "played".

Hi, jakub.

By 'played' I mean move with the team and fire your gun...nothing else.

Of course, the better the player, the greater the damage dealt and the higher the amount of credits received. There was scope for earning more for playing well but you had to 'earn' your way through the negative financial wall which was erected in the path of pure afk players. Real Bots (as in illegal AI programs) would of course make a profit, but the pure 10-minute AFK player would lose money.

Also tagged with gameplay, bots, development, player base

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users