Update 2.0.4 - Attrition Warfare

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Sael_ #1 Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 12 battles

Pilots!

Please share your feedback about the new game mode Attrition Warfare in this thread. You can find more info about it here.

Thank you! :)

Edited by altworm, 08 March 2018 - 01:44 PM.

ShadowRocker #2 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:50 PM

Airman Basic

• 1997 battles
during the event the game froze a lot and i had to restart the game almost every battle.i hope this time round it will be better as it was fun and i enjoyed playing.it was just a bit hard to progress due to being dead most of the  time by the time i logged back in..

Edited by ShadowRocker, 08 March 2018 - 02:53 PM.

1_big_mac #3 Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

Airman Basic

• 6034 battles

I was able to play westwall the invasion and complete all missions  but since then I have been unable to play any game and I can't get anybody from customer service or Technical to help solve my issue.

I have been looking forward to playing the next round but CAN'T!!!!!!!

leopard_77 #4 Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:02 AM

Airman Basic

• 3232 battles

this type of missions and event create frustration among the players. as the war gaming team or developers create these mission so cunningly that people waste hours and hours to complete a mission. for example there are secondary missions in invasion mode to destroy 15 Ariel targets in a single battle and the battle duration is only 3~4 minutes to complete, and by such tactic wargaming force people to spend their money on purchasing Gold's to get some type of certificates. how EDIT you are?

I think this type missions and events should be banned to protect people and community from tension frustration and Anxiety. If you don't do this I'll run a social media campaign to expose the wargaming

Edited by Vaigl_cz, 15 March 2018 - 01:30 PM.
insults

Franco_Scala #5 Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postleopard_77, on 09 March 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

this type of missions and event create frustration among the players. as the war gaming team or developers create these mission so cunningly that people waste hours and hours to complete a mission. for example there are secondary missions in invasion mode to destroy 15 Ariel targets in a single battle and the battle duration is only 3~4 minutes to complete, and by such tactic wargaming force people to spend their money on purchasing Gold's to get some type of certificates. how EDIT you are?

I think this type missions and events should be banned to protect people and community from tension frustration and Anxiety. If you don't do this I'll run a social media campaign to expose the wargaming

​I'm honestly quite surprised this hasn't ended up back on Jim Sterling's radar, but I guess he doesn't want to take all the grief from toxic members of the WG player community like he did when exposing World of Tanks.

...though I'm honestly more surprised they didn't learn their lesson from the last time they were exposed to the wider world for being manipulative and deceitful. Apparently the damage that did to their reputation and profitability wasn't enough to make them think again about treating their own players as money sucks.

christyy #6 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

Airman Basic

• 2210 battles
  • [ALLI] ALLI

typically world of warplanes event....  only think half way .........at least skies of albion was 2-3 hours /day....  but this...... 2 days of non-stop playing ??  really ?     i really find the planes interesting but 48 hours of pretty hard missions....... this is EDIT.

same thing in skies of albion.... if u finally get a premium tier 8 plane mission  ....there is no way u can do it in just 24 hours.....(assuming u dont sleep eat or anything else).....

so.. like i was saying.. typically world of warplanes EDIT...only think half way  (we give u planes but we dont...   u need to play in 2 days what u havent played in 4 months.....  until u become a freaking zombie ) ...so... tks but no tks

looks like i will keep the game uninstalled until u put some real missions....  (no wonder the server is full of bots....when u finally put a good prize u made it out of reach )

good job...

Edited by Vaigl_cz, 15 March 2018 - 01:33 PM.
swear words

houghtonbee #7 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4937 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postleopard_77, on 09 March 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

this type of missions and event create frustration among the players. as the war gaming team or developers create these mission so cunningly that people waste hours and hours to complete a mission. for example there are secondary missions in invasion mode to destroy 15 Ariel targets in a single battle and the battle duration is only 3~4 minutes to complete, and by such tactic wargaming force people to spend their money on purchasing Gold's to get some type of certificates. how EDIT you are?

​Why would you bother? The whole games industry is becoming (has become really) one great big rip-off getting kids to waste more and more money on nonsense. Look at FIFA Ultimate Team, paying for 'packs' in the hope of getting a decent player for a few months before the next slightly different version comes out, paying for COD crates for pistol grips that no one can even see ffs! and so on and so on. WG are no different to any of the other companies, your campaign would have zero impact.

Gaming was so so much better before the internet allowed it to become a cash cow for companies, when a full bug-free game HAD to be released and not updated with endless patches, dlc etc.

That said I do agree the missions are nonsense unless you can afford at least 20 hours on the game over the weekend. I imagine most of us have far better things to do than that even if it is for a decent reward. 

Franco_Scala #8 Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Posthoughtonbee, on 09 March 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

​Why would you bother? The whole games industry is becoming (has become really) one great big rip-off getting kids to waste more and more money on nonsense. Look at FIFA Ultimate Team, paying for 'packs' in the hope of getting a decent player for a few months before the next slightly different version comes out, paying for COD crates for pistol grips that no one can even see ffs! and so on and so on. WG are no different to any of the other companies, your campaign would have zero impact.

Gaming was so so much better before the internet allowed it to become a cash cow for companies, when a full bug-free game HAD to be released and not updated with endless patches, dlc etc.

That said I do agree the missions are nonsense unless you can afford at least 20 hours on the game over the weekend. I imagine most of us have far better things to do than that even if it is for a decent reward. 

​I'm out of likes you I'm gonna have to give you this: :honoring:

Herrasika #9 Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6141 battles

Have you noticed that most missions of operation Westwall can only be completed in Invasion mode, not in Attrition mode!

(feeling so old and sad)

Heracim_86 #10 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

Senior Airman

• 2098 battles

I can not play the event, even though it should have startet by now. The Mission List says:" Updating Mission List" forever and there is no indication of the event elsewhere in the game. ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM?

Also when i want to switch planes i cant. lol

Right now Your Event is crap, Nothing but crap.

Edited by Heracim_86, 12 March 2018 - 02:44 PM.

dreambill #11 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4872 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

Tried to clear the cache? See related threads

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/50402-unable-to-choose-planes-in-garagefix/

Edited by dreambill, 09 March 2018 - 05:11 PM.

Heracim_86 #12 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 2098 battles

View Postdreambill, on 09 March 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Thanks mate, that worked. I havent played yet, but everything is shown correctly now as far as i see it.

Great Work :)

DavyJones_900 #13 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:31 PM

Airman Basic

• 2606 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R
I honestly like the Attrition mode. I honestly would like another permanent game mode with this one. If some changes are made (realistic changes) like permanent wings and tails damage, pilots being killed, broken engines and so on, a new game mode can be made out of this and i think many people will like it. 

Valcrie_01 #14 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

Airman Basic

• 7710 battles

all my fights do not count and all my loot is not there 

Franco_Scala #15 Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

Step 1) Join friend for a flight to try new game mode! Yay! :B

Step 2) Game client crash.

Step 3) Game client crash.

Step 4) Finally get into working game, lose rapidly because two of the humans on your team were absent due to client crashes.

Step 5) Game client crash.

Step 6) Game client crash.

10/10 - Would game client crash again! Best game mode ever!

+5 bonus points for fun new minigame called 'Task manager' where you have to shut down all WG software the hard way to stop you from caving your own head in with a claw hammer.

Edited by Franco_Scala, 09 March 2018 - 06:39 PM.

Leader1999 #16 Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 332 battles

I am having the same problem (no operation Westwall). Also, when the battle is over, NO RESULTS SCREEN! How can I see my results?? I also have "Updating Missions List" problem. The game can be played, just cannot see results.

BravelyRanAway #17 Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4556 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostLeader1999, on 09 March 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

I am having the same problem (no operation Westwall). Also, when the battle is over, NO RESULTS SCREEN! How can I see my results?? I also have "Updating Missions List" problem. The game can be played, just cannot see results.

Read dreambill's post above.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Ungrim_Baraz #18 Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:21 AM

Airman Basic

• 944 battles

Seriously WG, what have you smoked?

I mainly play WoWs, and WoWp for me is something nice which I also enjoy playing but it does not feel so stressful, at times, maybe because of the bots or whatever. Anyhow, I think the new game mode is nice, but... please stop thinking how you can fuckt the game up frustrating the small player base and refusing to get new players by designing mission chains with unrealistic targets, and isntead solve the client crashes. I do not remmeber the last time I saw somethign so full of crashes in the gaming industry, it is just astonishing. I am tryong to be polite, but seriously.... knock it off, stop milking and screwing the few players around here and fix the technical issues.

080kolta #19 Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:19 AM

Senior Airman

• 2743 battles

bugs ? : more than ever

interest : less than ever 

congrats wargaming team of loosers

sultanyusuf #20 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:06 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 32 battles
  • [TIG3R] TIG3R
Too bad