Update 2.0.4 - Attrition Warfare

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Heracim_86 #21 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

Senior Airman

• 2105 battles
Not a rhetorical question: Is here someone who honestly says he is on a realistic way on achieving the airplane as a reward in the end?

sirssam #22 Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:15 AM

Senior Airman

• 4740 battles
lets be honest it's too long ,too complicated and designed to make you buy tokens to get you through . since i will be working next two weekends i don't have a hope of completing so thanks for nothing but at least i'm grinding for a new plane lol (  that'll cost a ton of credits.)

Ukail #23 Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1125 battles

I found this mod far better than invasion (and maybe conquest).

This wont change anything for the unbalanced team (one way game) but at least I played two games (one loss, one win) where nothing was written until the last 30 seconds.. and it was a loooong time this did not happen.

I found this mode less chaotic than Conquest.

Nice try IMHO.

Valsider #24 Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

Airman Basic

• 219 battles

View Postharri129, on 09 March 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Have you noticed that most missions of operation Westwall can only be completed in Invasion mode, not in Attrition mode!

(feeling so old and sad)

The same problem.I don't know why they can not change mode.Dissasapointed :(

Teach59 #25 Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 7990 battles
  • [BAD11] BAD11
Westwall missions 5 and 6 require Invasion mode so cannot be completed for 2 weeks.
Normal daily missions are also currently disabled, so there are no missions that I can be complete this weekend!

That is a huge own goal.  A special event minus the special!  Definitely not a motivation to play :-(
It also demonstrates a lack of planning and implies the whole Westwall thing was rushed.

Also the game is now guaranteed to crash after 6-8 flights with different aircraft, unless I exit the game, clear the cache and then restart the game.
Perhaps fixing the bugs would have been better than rushing out half baked game modes that seem to cause more problems?
Maybe something to improve frame rate for lower end PCs too?

I liked version 2, players get to spend more time playing and less time queuing.
However it is now becoming too problematic and unrewarding to play :-(

Edited by Teach59, 10 March 2018 - 03:36 PM.

Franco_Scala #26 Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

Copying a post I originally put up elsewhere, but putting it here for the benefit for WG's attention:

'Well, having had some games today that weren't plagued by the tech issues I had last night with crashes and server boots...

I really enjoyed it! It takes some of the best elements of conquest and refines them into a game which further emphasises the value of planes in the air and ground targets for better results achievable through good position and smart responses to changes in the match balance.

Inevitably, playing on a Saturday meant an awful combo of people who don't seem to understand the game at all flailing ever more with new game mode, but, you expect that sort of thing, and fun has been had regardless.

Some of the values need to be adjusted, otherwise a lot of promise...but, WG, for crying out loud, ​nothing you do will matter if player's experiences are still being ruined by crashes and inability to play and communicate with their friends. Get the basic functions right and build upwards!

Good luck and best wishes everybody!'

Additionata: Yeah, the missions are also an additional kick in the balls for many. I'm not particularly concerned about winning another premium plane, but considering the missions, the state of the game, the profiteering from testers, it's disgusting behaviour by WG.

Edited by Franco_Scala, 10 March 2018 - 04:33 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #27 Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5682 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostTeach59, on 10 March 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

Westwall missions 5 and 6 require Invasion mode so cannot be completed for 2 weeks.
Normal daily missions are also currently disabled, so there are no missions that I can be complete this weekend!

What?

Yesterday - during the event, I got emblem from Woman's Day, hangar slot for 30k exp on Soviet planes and IIRC yesterday and today harvested some exp for weekly missions, called daily in hangar.

Seems they finally fixed something they boke because of their greed.

Edit: or not, daily missions don't work.

Edited by jakub_czyli_ja, 10 March 2018 - 05:07 PM.

Troncatore #28 Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 9484 battles
I had same problem...Westwall missions 5 and 6 require Invasion mode so cannot be completed for 2 weeks.
Normal daily missions are also currently disabled, so there are no missions that I can be complete this weekend! Game crashes as it can!!!! Also using at same time buttons  F4 (need help) and W (trottle). Does someone know how to clean the game Cache? Tks. WHERE ARE THE OLD VERSION!!!!!

Edited by Troncatore, 10 March 2018 - 05:04 PM.

Teach59 #29 Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 7990 battles
  • [BAD11] BAD11

View Postdreambill, on 09 March 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

This is to clear the cache :-)
Downloaded and pasted on my desktop for easy access.

Thanks dreambill.

Edited by Teach59, 10 March 2018 - 05:12 PM.

Mikhail__ #30 Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2181 battles
  • [UN1CU] UN1CU
This game mode is good.

Teach59 #31 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

Senior Airman

• 7990 battles
  • [BAD11] BAD11

View PostMikhail__, on 10 March 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

This game mode is good.

Yes Attrition mode is good and seems well balanced :-)
The problem with Invasion is balance, but with a good team on both sides it can be rather exciting. Definitely one for tournaments?

I was maybe a bit harsh earlier?
But maybe if the dev team had had a little more time to check for errors and/or check mission conditions, all the problems would probably have been avoided?
Maybe they are being overworked or needed another week of testing?  Obviously they want it to work, it pays their salary ;-)
It did seem to appear suddenly on the news feed, so seems they rushed?
Also a little more explanation of when and what this rather complex event is and well ahead of the start, would have prepared players.
E.g. Will we get more weekends of Invasion and/or Attrition to finish the missions or was this it?

Chronis_Psy #32 Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

Airman Basic

• 189 battles
Im new player and i really love the game is very fun! ofcource can be better with the time.thank you

Sturmi_0545 #33 Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 745 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

ok, time to actually try to give feedback on that thing you released right out of your intestines, WG:

+ since last time, you seem to have been doing something with the physics. they are far from good/reasonable/correct/realistic/comprehensible, but you you've managed to do worse when the pile of 2.0 has still been fresh and steaming.

+ moving the camera around the plane feels almost like it did in 1.x. first actually useful improvement. bravo.

- capturing bases with planes: this will never make sense and only create chaos and unclear battle events, which eventually cause players' disinterst in what's actually going on. things happen to fast, too far away and without making any sense.

- just as insane, useless gameplaywise, and ultimately annoying are your spontaneously exploding and immediately regrowing neutral planes, base buildings and AA guns. remove this, please! this is the one thing that causes the most Warplanes alienation. it feels stupid, as anything we shoot and destroy (or mysteriously blows up) just pops back up after a few seconds.

=> advice: instead of bases to cap and the third ("neutral" faction), why not create two enemy ground/naval forces moving towards each other. We, the Warplanes, would play their air support (I know! Where do I keep getting such crazy ideas from?!). We shoot the enemy's ground units and defend ours against enemy aerial attacks. Ground forces should be equipped with AA guns, of course (AA tanks, AA guns on ships, etc), which could ---wait for it--- MOVE UP FROM BEHIND THE FRONTLINE INSTEAD OF BEING COPY-PASTED OUT OF HELL AFTER THEIR DESTRUCTION! Goddammig, WG, why do we have to do your job for you?

issues not related to the update 2.04, but to 2.0 generally:

- alpha/beta tester emblems can not be applied to new airplanes!

- extremely long loading times in the hangar (2-5 seconds between click and action, eg. when applying paint schemes).

- sound ... you do not know what engines and guns sound like, obviously. get professional help! ........................... and a competent sound guy.

final rating: WG, game design and programming are just not for you. Neither is customer support or anything else related with player/customer happiness. Please, don't kill the Warplanes just because you are too proud to get that cleaning job!

Edited by Sturmi_0545, 11 March 2018 - 05:01 PM.

you know what you are

Horcan #34 Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5908 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

I didnt finished all invasion missions so i cant select attrition missions now, so basically there is no point for me to continue playing this retarded event. Just make a freaking button so we can leave this piece of garbage event and play regular games during weekends, so at least have something to do and complete daily missions. I am one of the 99% of people that cant do all missions with secondary objectives so i dont want to play this [edited]stupid event. Or are you just trying to chase us away from this game completely?

The mode itself is better than the over stupidly broken invasion, except the things that are present in every mode ( unfair MM, with platoon of fighters/heavies vs GAA with no platoon, that make me abandon games after 2 minutes when its obvious its loss ), although its just conquest on reverse, except that it force people to capture bases to have multiplier ( not that the brain dead monkeys do that anyway leading to frustrating game after game for one of the sides ) .But without missions to complete and no prizes( im 100% sure i cant do all missions with secondary , and im not puting any more money in a dead game, last purchase was that tier 5 french fighter on discount and it will be the last one forever, unless this game become at least somehow popular with no bots ), there is no point to play during weekends.

Retired from this censored BS forum

Tentankista #35 Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 1879 battles
I WANT THE WHOLE MAP IN THE RIGHT DOWN CORNER, NOT JUST A PIECE. NO AFTER TAB PRESS, THE WHOLE MAP, AUTOMATICALLY, AS IN WOT AND WOWS. AND BACK TO 1.9 MODE. GET RID OFF RESPAWN. SHORT, SIMPLE GAME. KEEP NEW GRAPHIC. THANK YOU.

BravelyRanAway #36 Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4624 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTentankista, on 11 March 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

I WANT THE WHOLE MAP IN THE RIGHT DOWN CORNER, NOT JUST A PIECE. NO AFTER TAB PRESS, THE WHOLE MAP, AUTOMATICALLY, AS IN WOT AND WOWS. AND BACK TO 1.9 MODE. GET RID OFF RESPAWN. SHORT, SIMPLE GAME. KEEP NEW GRAPHIC. THANK YOU.

I agree with you about the mini-map.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Tentankista #37 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 1879 battles

Edited by Tentankista, 23 March 2018 - 12:24 AM.

Tentankista #38 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

Senior Airman

• 1879 battles

Edited by Tentankista, 23 March 2018 - 12:23 AM.

Tentankista #39 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 1879 battles

Edited by Tentankista, 23 March 2018 - 12:23 AM.

Tentankista #40 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

Senior Airman

• 1879 battles

Edited by Tentankista, 23 March 2018 - 12:15 AM.

Also tagged with 2.0.4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users