Update 2.0.4 - Attrition Warfare

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Tha_Truth #41 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6991 battles

View Postleopard_77, on 09 March 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

this type of missions and event create frustration among the players. as the war gaming team or developers create these mission so cunningly that people waste hours and hours to complete a mission. for example there are secondary missions in invasion mode to destroy 15 Ariel targets in a single battle and the battle duration is only 3~4 minutes to complete, and by such tactic wargaming force people to spend their money on purchasing Gold's to get some type of certificates. how EDIT you are?

I think this type missions and events should be banned to protect people and community from tension frustration and Anxiety. If you don't do this I'll run a social media campaign to expose the wargaming

dude,  i like the missions. you can earn stuff for every mission. And you can win a new tier 8 prem. whats the problem? Also, maybe buy a fishtank and some whisky might help you (whisky not for fishtank)
Fix in game flight-wing chat !!!!! 

Mikhail__ #42 Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2181 battles
  • [UN1CU] UN1CU

View Postsultanyusuf, on 10 March 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

where is my old  warplanes

In China.

Danny575 #43 Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:53 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 470 battles
I had lovely conversation with support, about missing points for 30k "BASE" exp for hangar slot, or not counting my air targets dmg for 5th mission in this great event. I've done 2,7k and what I saw in my post battle report. 0 - ZERO!? Only one advice from support team was..gues what? Clear cache!? Hmm, great and not mentioning installation was made 2 weeks prior to this problems, (I decided to give second chance for this game from WG..) but it all seems have one goal. Make something that will force people to look into premium shop, to buy tickets to pass misssion, to buy premium, premium planes etc... I'ts obvious, really..? After so many years, yes, YEARS of developing this games, WOT and stuff, only one main goal we can recognize - greed. Good luck with that.  

Thomas_Cucinschi #44 Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:59 AM

Airman Basic

• 1985 battles
Zur Zeit spielt das ALLERLETZTE vom letzten,macht auch keinen Spaß mehr 10 oder 11 hungrige Mäuler durchzufüttern.Wollte heute eigentlich meine Missionen abschließen aber wenn das da wieder so ist das die DUMMHEIT und UNWISSENHEIT,KAMERADSCHAFTSLOSIGKEIT usw. die ständigen Begleiter sind dann lass ich es lieber.Langsam ist es für mich an der Zeit darüber nachzudenken ob ich überhaupt weiter spiele.Wird wohl besser sein sich was Anderes zu suchen.

Tentankista #45 Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 1884 battles

Edited by Tentankista, 23 March 2018 - 12:13 AM.

zgubny #46 Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12313 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View PostTentankista, on 11 March 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

I WANT THE WHOLE MAP IN THE RIGHT DOWN CORNER, NOT JUST A PIECE. NO AFTER TAB PRESS, THE WHOLE MAP, AUTOMATICALLY, AS IN WOT AND WOWS. AND BACK TO 1.9 MODE. GET RID OFF RESPAWN. SHORT, SIMPLE GAME. KEEP NEW GRAPHIC. THANK YOU.

View PostTentankista, on 12 March 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

I would never played this if I did not need prem day for WOT...Clear? Back to 1,9!

View PostTentankista, on 12 March 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

Really bad. Why did you destroy a good game?

View PostTentankista, on 21 March 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

Actually, it is not that bad, the more I play it, the more I like it...but the old simple game mode was better.

Then the more you play this version (that you didn't like ) the more you like it . it is not about the fact you needed premium days for World Of Tanks , now you like it ?????

Is there evidence of possible "Stockholm" or "Patty Hearst" syndromes ?

Tentankista #47 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

Senior Airman

• 1884 battles
I want back the old game with old game mode 1.9!

Teach59 #48 Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Senior Airman

• 8040 battles
  • [BAD11] BAD11
Fix the event missions!

Another weekend of no complete-able missions.
Daily missions disabled and I am stuck on an "invasion" mission during an "attrition" weekend!
So why bother playing over the weekend at all?  At least the client crashes less often during the week.

How long does this event run for and/or should I start playing a different game for the duration?

vilik58_CZ #49 Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4914 battles
  • [LAMOS] LAMOS
No koment :izmena: event missions :facepalm:      :honoring:

Edited by vilik58_CZ, 24 March 2018 - 05:03 PM.

Funny_Farmer #50 Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 611 battles
Does anyone know under which conditions I can change the aircraft? It was possible once, my other airplanes of the same tier were selectable in the hangar while waiting for respawn. But since then no more.

jakub_czyli_ja #51 Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5706 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostFunny_Farmer, on 24 March 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

Does anyone know under which conditions I can change the aircraft? It was possible once, my other airplanes of the same tier were selectable in the hangar while waiting for respawn. But since then no more.

Having captured airport?

It should be written in tooltips on pre-battle screen.

Troncatore #52 Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:19 AM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 9551 battles

Attrition? Take look at what happened last nite!!! Briefly:

-15 kill done

-maxt two times killed...unfortunately done

REWARD...NOTHING!!! Maybe due to battle started two minutes before contest ending? Rules can't specify that,,If battle start..bla bla bla..THE RESULT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!!!!!

PS: During last long game in the past version (Thor hammer if I remember well) I won the Spit V... BUT didn't received the plane but Gold..I refused it and after opening lots of tokets I received the plane.. BUT without pilot with special capability so UNUSEFUL PLANE due to I have the successor!!! Take YOUR's conclusion dear collegue!!

I opened a ticket..sorry I don't know how to post pics here...

Edited by Troncatore, 27 March 2018 - 11:39 AM.

LAGGA1959 #53 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

Airman Basic

• 25183 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

The old version is too better from this.

Wolfram4 #54 Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 843 battles
  • [BIER-] BIER-
Attrition is really nice imho. It's good balanced as it is a symmetrical game mode. I had several games where the game turned in the last minute which was very funny.

JEPlechasseur #55 Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

Airman Basic

• 6907 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

Bonjour,

Si vous devez garder un mode de jeu gardez guerre d'usure. Beaucoup moins basé sur la capture. Et on voit la différence quand on tue beaucoup.

Quand à votre système de mission pour gagner les avions de récompense, c'est un gros foutage de gueule. D'abord pourquoi faudrait il avoir tout réussi avec les honneurs pour gagner l'avion. Vous vous représenter le nombre d'essais (de parties) qu'il faut jouer pour les réussir toutes. Surtout mettons que nous réussissions l'un des objectifs inatteignable. Manque de peau ça  ne compte pas car c'était une autre de vos mission infinissable qui était sélectionnée. Une autre chose évitez de marquer cible au sol lorsque ce sont des cibles aérienne qu'il faut faire. Le temps que je m'en rende compte je n'ai pas pu terminer la chaîne de mission du dornier. Et enfin votre concours est bien gentil. J'ai fini dans le top 100 au dernier. Je pensais pouvoir acheter le xf15c avec mes 15 certificats mais on ne peut pas les utiliser sur la dernière mission. Un gros foutage de gueule.

Par pité reprogrammer les bots correctement pour qu'ils suivent les humains surtout lorsque l'on demande de l'aide. Y en a marre de les voir faire n'importe quoi. Et de surcroît vous faire perdre la partie.

Moi je suis en overdose du jeu. J'en ai marre de perdre même en jouant bien.

steffen_neumann501 #56 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

Airman Basic

• 6797 battles
  • [JU4F] JU4F
es ist taurig einige haben das spiel aufgeben, weil es immer komplizierer wird und die blöden RAMMER nicht bestraft werden .Kein bischen Ehre im kämpferherz haben !!!!!!!

KenshinNL #57 Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:33 PM

Airman Basic

• 692 battles

View PostTeach59, on 24 March 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Fix the event missions!

Another weekend of no complete-able missions.
Daily missions disabled and I am stuck on an "invasion" mission during an "attrition" weekend!
So why bother playing over the weekend at all?  At least the client crashes less often during the week.

How long does this event run for and/or should I start playing a different game for the duration?

​This is very annoying I have that aswel. And I am forced to play attrition with no option to switch to normal battles. Why you make daily missions if they only count 5 days a week? call them weekday missions then.

apartclassic #58 Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:15 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 21300 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

I commented on Invasion as a no-go mode for me - Attrition is a direct opposite though. I like this mode, liked all 3 weekends of it. It plays a lot like the old WoWP (and I mean pre-1.5 - yes, I'm old). The goal is plain and simple, kill'em all, and it works in this mode. Base capping and recapping are important, but not imperative - I mean it's awesome to have a x4 or x5 multiplier (and no Supremacy either), but lower multiplier can be enough if one's team just keeps shooting things down. Granted, some battles were lost because of successfull defence of a single sector (or unsuccessfull attack on one), but still the mode gives a lot more flexibility. GAA/bombers can go around capping/recapping, fighters of all sorts can cap or recap or farm bots or defend etc etc, whatever floats one's boat. I like the balance of something for every style of playing, aggresive players get lots of (meaningfull) dogfight, more cautious players can concentrate on the multiplier, everyone can contribute. It really is about warplanes in this mode, about racking up kills which have a tangible impact on the battle. In short, he who kills more and more effectively, wins - can't argue with that. The idea of unlimited, though group respawn, also works good imo. One gets waves of attackers/defenders, which adds challenge quite often, and simultaneously there is no penalty in the form of not being able to respawn anymore at some point. I had battles that turned in last minute, had battles that ended in a draw, had ones that ended with results like 1:0 or 3:0 - all were interesting, I had a strong feeling of participating and accomplishing something. All in all, this mode seems fine for me, I don't have any serious reservations about it.

I didn't comment on tech issues in Invasions nor this one, because there's plenty of threads and posts about them. Less bugs plox, instead of attempts at 'rebalancing' Attrition. Also as for the prem planes missions (already commented on that @ Invasion), all were perfectly doable. Attrition ones were longer to complete, granted, having usually higher reqs - but thanks to better gameplay in this mode all were eventually accomplished with a lot less frustration than Invasion ones.

In short - Attrition? Yes, please. Imho it can be introduced into the game as it is, because it's already playable and enjoyable.

Edited by apartclassic, 10 April 2018 - 07:15 AM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Sturmi_0545 #59 Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 745 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

When will that game mode be removed for good, and when will you re-introduce the good old 15v15 Team death match mode (no caps, no respawns, no "neutral" bots)?

Will start playing and paying again as soon as the game feels at least as good as 1.9 again.

you know what you are

BravelyRanAway #60 Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4640 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostSturmi_0545, on 12 June 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

When will that game mode be removed for good, and when will you re-introduce the good old 15v15 Team death match mode (no caps, no respawns, no "neutral" bots)?

It would be pretty silly of WG to reintroduce something that was not making money.....not that 2.0 is either, but what you ask for will never happen.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Also tagged with 2.0.4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users