Commence Operation Westwall: Fight as Allies or Axis to Win New Warplanes!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Gufo_Tave #41 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 644 battles

View PostSkycruser, on 03 March 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

Attacking team has ZERO chance to win. 12 planes vs 12 planes + AI planes + AA in eevry freaking ground base. Who ever designed this stupidity again increased the dose of pills from previous stupid events.

Zero chances my [edited].

Is true that this mode is unbalanced towards defender, but i got some vittories even attacking.

In engineering, could exist not-optimal solution, but ridiculus ones... never
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

Jonagus #42 Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3817 battles

Mission 8 on Westwall in first level or is bad translated to spanish or is bugged in spanish say: "shoot down 5 planes" but dont progrees doesnt matter how many planes you shoot down !!!

The worse part is dont allow you to progress to the next ...

Jonagus

Edited by Jonagus, 03 March 2018 - 04:51 PM.

Jonagus

PaK_Wagen #43 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 465 battles
  • [DRAGO] DRAGO
Balance-wise this mode is totally retarded. How the [edited]the attacking side can win while defending side has: AA, AI bots over each sector and equal number of reserve planes? It would be achievable when attackers could sport doubled amount of spare aircraft, but now this is impossible, unless opposite side consists of imbeciles only.
Nemo est iudex in propria causa

Mikhail__ #44 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1277 battles

drakkanax #45 Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1047 battles

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 03 March 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

:great:

Indeed. Wrong finger though.

My calculations show that you need on average more than 200 battles to go through one set of missions. And both sets are basically the same, but mixed. Some of the grindy missions are very frustrating. In about 30 battles that I did I completed more than once the 8000XP in one battle attacking mission mentioned above. I consider it OK.

However the 15kill mission and the bomb 15 ground target mission in one sortie are very-very-very conditional. The maps are small and battles too short to be able to reliably do that much even if you have a great game.

In short ... if Russian Number Generator gives ... 

I have spent a lot of time on previous event's crap missions(J8M) and was cut by bugs at the end so NO THANK YOU!

yodelihiti #46 Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:03 PM

Airman Basic

• 361 battles
  • [LEHR] LEHR
It's not really balanced....

Edited by yodelihiti, 03 March 2018 - 08:13 PM.

Grumpy_Guts #47 Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4395 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Bad enough not having lock on window now every other battle lock on key not working, you lot could not run a BATH let alone an online game. 

BravelyRanAway #48 Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1984 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Gorzki #49 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1299 battles
  • [1PADX] 1PADX

the problem lies not in the fact defenders have 12 players + AA and AD but also that 12 fighters (F, MRF, HF) of defenders has to deal with 6 fighters of attacking team
so attacking fighters are at best in 1:2 situation and shortly after GAA and Bombers are without cover

Just pull the plug on this shit. No point bothering with it anymore

The_Last_Jedi #50 Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4004 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

I begin with thanks to WG for working and not sleeping. You have fans with expectations WG!

This event is great! I like it a lot.

I had a good time with this event and a lot to spend too...

At this hour something is not working and event is not visible for me anymore (the time is far to expire...).

I had only 3 game crash in 14-teen battles today... so i think it is place for improvement...

By the way... i saw the whales!

I atach some pictures with what anomalies i encountered...

https://imgur.com/a/40pGp

Cesarz_Pl #51 Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

Airman Basic

• 830 battles
This event is a complete farse created by a lazy and incompetent programmer.
I can't understand the logic behind this; you put effort/resources into creating 2 new planes and then you create idiotic, unbalanced missions which no one is interested in doing, so hardly anyone will get those planes. Waste of time.
If you want to organize a crapevent like this one better not organize any events at all.

_TIGER_BLAST_ #52 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:39 PM

Airman Basic

• Conquest Member
  • 658 battles
  • [A_D_C] A_D_C

Some of the secondary  objectives seem quite impossible , thus far i got stuck on missions where i have to get 15 GT's destroyed without dying and the mission where i have to kill 10 defence aircraft .... Are you serius??? Theres literally no time or amount of tarhets to do theese requests in invasion game mode in regular ok but in invasion definetly no!!! I wounder if developers want us to complete this marathon at all....

Wargaming please lower the requirements for some missions until the invasion game mode appears once again , please!!!

Horcan #53 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2069 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
I swear i tried to give this event a chance, but its simply atrocious. Played mostly tier 4-6 , where attack side have absolutely no chance to win unless the defense side is composed of brain dead monkeys. Then there are missions, which are mostly impossible to complete with secondary objectives, if you are lucky enough to even get on the right side and not be forced to abandon the game at loading screen because you need to kill defense planes but youre on the defend side and it would be a waste of time to play that game. So even if i was on the supporting side for patch 2.0, this garbage event is just too much to handle. I will stop playing the game for the duration of this event and my advice for the devs is just read the freaking feed back and cancel the event already , before the games become bots vs bots.

Teach59 #54 Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 3187 battles
  • [BAD11] BAD11

View Postdreambill, on 03 March 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

WTF! I collected 21K out of 30k for the hangar. Purchased a hurricane tier 5, played a battle and the mission was reset to 0k

WG you are a bunch of (evil) CLOWNS, This is not a game anymore! Its a nightmare.

Bring back V1.9 ASAP! at least it worked and didn't torture its (more than V2.0) players

Happened to me too. I put in a ticket, no response yet.
I've also noticed the game is crashing a lot more, the event is utterly impossible unless you pay to win and the new mission style rewarding a lot less credits.
I've been top plane on the winning defenders side and still lost money on several occasions :-o
A very poorly thought out event indeed.
Roll on Monday so I can complete some daily missions with worthwhile rewards!

I have however been on a winning attacking team ;-)

serbsproud_4c #55 Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

• Squadron Leader
  • 186 battles
  • [4CAF] 4CAF

Well no one is forced to play! What if no one plays to get the planes? They will not design planes not to get into the game, but maybe someone would take response for this ******???? But as simular if no one plays one crap would pay 1000€ to be the onlyone who got the plane. 

So no support, no community manager give a *edited* on your opinion, the owner doesnt care, wtf are you waiting???

as the develp. said: „if you dont like it anymore go away and shut up“ the best adwise comes from the dev.!!!!! :great:

Edited by NickMustaine, 07 April 2018 - 10:53 AM.
Inappropriate language

Drombomir #56 Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:20 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 20 battles
  • [SCORP] SCORP

Great planes, but I will pass.

Just came here to read your opinions, and... that's enough for me :)

I won't even bother

Got family (kids included :) ), job and other responsibles.

I like to play but not like a maniac,

so i will stay with World of Warships for now, there is more time to relax,

and frankly there is a nice (comparing to what you say here) marathon

from 09 February till 26 March for Aigle, tier VI, french DD

nice missions for old people :)

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/aigle-eyed-sale

Mikhail__ #57 Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1277 battles

HUN_Snake #58 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:41 AM

Senior Airman

• 786 battles

Hey

If I did not finish the first 9 missions, can I not start the weekend missions?

Jonagus #59 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3817 battles

The primary 8 mission in spanish is wronglly translated, you can be there 3 weeks without any progress, they miss to say that you should shoot down the planes "USING ROCKETS", it is funny it is not ???

Great Job WG.

I am writing in this forum cause WG will close the spanish forum in one week. By the way I did a ticket "NO ANSWER YET"

. Please to be deleted

Edited by NickMustaine, 07 April 2018 - 10:54 AM.

Jonagus

FlyingDutchman69 #60 Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 1924 battles

View PostCesarz_Pl, on 04 March 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

This event is a complete farse created by a lazy and incompetent programmer.
I can't understand the logic behind this; you put effort/resources into creating 2 new planes and then you create idiotic, unbalanced missions which no one is interested in doing, so hardly anyone will get those planes. Waste of time.
If you want to organize a crapevent like this one better not organize any events at all.

only 1 plane

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users