xp and modules

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Draklorm #1 Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

Airman Basic

• 796 battles

Hi everyone!

So, i've been playing this game for a couple of month now, but there is something weird with module research I don't entirely understand.
When I research a module that leads to the next plane in the tech tree that decreases the xp required for said next plane right?
Well I thought that's how it's supposed to work, but the other day I researched the airframe for the tier 6 American heavy fighter and that airframe does not lead to the next plane but it did decrease the xp required for it. 
Can anyone explain to me why that is? Did I get the whole system all wrong?
thx!

jakub_czyli_ja #2 Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1629 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

I think you need to show some screenshots.

Some modules, usually guns, but also some engines, are shared between planes - you can read it in module description. So when you develop it on one plane, all other planes which can use that module, have it unlocked.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Draklorm #3 Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:47 PM

Airman Basic

• 796 battles
yes that is clear, i know planes sometimes share modules like in WoT. The reason i did not include screenshot is because i dont believe any planes share a common airframe, so i thought it unnecessary. 
also, i dont think you replied to what i was actually asking. witch is: on what does it depend whether a module will decrease the research cost of the next plane in the tech tree?

jakub_czyli_ja #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1629 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

A screenshot is kinda needed to determine, what do you think writing "research cost of the next plane in the tech tree".

It may be a total research cost from current state to the chosen plane, then in such case it's a path through all necessary modules and planes, and the final sum of particular costs may be the number you are writing about.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Draklorm #5 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

Airman Basic

• 796 battles
Ohh sorry now I get what you are asking, I mean the cost shown when I hover the mouse over the next plane in the upgrades menu

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users