How do feel about INVASION ?

INVASION 2.0.4 new update

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: INVASION (83 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 10 battles in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about INVASION ?

1. I Iike it just when I'm in defenders team but I don't like to be striker-attacker (7 votes [8.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

2. I like it just when I'm in strikers/attackers team but I don't like to be defender (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I like it and no matter which team, I like it anyway! (9 votes [10.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.84%

4. I hate It . (67 votes [80.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.72%

Vote Hide poll

majid_HD #1 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 66 battles

when I played this new mod INVASION I had feeling like 1.9, it was good...

but in attackers team ...it's still like conquest mode maybe worth

I hate it at all

Edited by majid_HD, 05 March 2018 - 07:57 PM.

BadAssBuster #2 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:05 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 521 battles
Well, it is spiraling south Pilots!!

Grumpy_Guts #3 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5270 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

If this crap is the sum of there development after several years it is in a very sorry state and so far removed from the refreshing and potential blockbuster it could and should have become.

:kamikaze::kamikaze::kamikaze:

Clean #4 Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4804 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

The game mode is more clan war orientated, it does not suit random. The planes allotted on either side need to be fixed ie not 10 bombers attacking. Each side needs to be led and coordinated. The best option for winning is not split your force and defend/attack together as one.

The majority of planes seem to go middle each time and you end up with a swirling mass of 30 planes with lot of team ramming, causing a fustercluck.

jss78 #5 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1697 battles

I think it's potentially OK, perhaps needs some balancing but it's different from Conquest.

People don't play the objectives very smartly, but then they didn't in Conquest either.

SiboSnakeEyes #6 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

Senior Airman

• 3835 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
The whole thing is a farce... They obviously set the conditions for the missions based on normal gameplay and this is nothing like normal gameplay. The games are over so quickly it's almost impossible to get some of these secondaries... 15 air kills???? 10 defence plane kills??? In 1 game... Come on WG.... give us some stats on how many players have actually achieved this in the 5-minute games we seem to be having repeatedly, time after time. 

That's ok though... you can use tokens... It will only cost you £50 for the new plane. Or maybe that's what it is all about.... MONEY!

I have no issue with using tokens for the odd mission, but those secondary missions are ridiculous making it (Almost) impossible to grind the majority of them.  

svadilfari #7 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3272 battles
everything about this event is just stupid. i won´t bother anymore.

Franco_Scala #8 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R
Yes, I must echo some of the sentiments from above: it's a nice idea, but in practice poorly implemented and perhaps best suited to clan battles as players in random matches seem incapable of sticking together and playing the objective. Made worse by having many players rage quit/software crash during matches. It just feels like a mess, which is a shame, because in the right context it could be good.

Sturmbringer_ #9 Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:19 AM

Senior Airman

• 677 battles

View PostFranco_Scala, on 03 March 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

Yes, I must echo some of the sentiments from above: it's a nice idea, but in practice poorly implemented and perhaps best suited to clan battles as players in random matches seem incapable of sticking together and playing the objective. Made worse by having many players rage quit/software crash during matches. It just feels like a mess, which is a shame, because in the right context it could be good.

Agreed. Way to difficult for uncoordinated attackers, but easy going even for „Fly for fun“ defenders. At least WG is trying.

majid_HD #10 Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:02 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 66 battles

this events proved that, the game play designers of WG have no brain ! asymmetric battles is a very good challenge but it must be fair and balance!

for one team it doesn't matter where to kill, all around map is good to engage , can kill them or at least resist and stop them... win by time

5 min to destroy each base and low tiers attack aircrofts are too low if you die it takes too lang to respawn and back to the war area. I mean you must go slow and direct and if one enemy attacks you. you have two choices 1-continue your way and die by the enemy, 2 - engage and waste time and lose.

let me tell you an unfunny joke : one battle when I was in attackers team  three of enemies where flying around our spawn point the engaged me, I had the A7M. I looked at the map. my attackers where attacking a base. now the funny thing is it, if I killed them they spawned some where near the base and could defend it ! It mean If I killed them it was like help them to teleport the a better situation! so I just evade and kille the low Hp one... and we won. LOF**L.

for other team, it's heaven! it's like  a bad version of 1.9 but better than 2.0 conquest mode.

Spoiler

another one: I was alone near a empty base I just needed to kill defenders and capture the base , all plane where engaging each other center, I was saying please please please don't an enemy! LOL. you know why ? because when they killed two of the enemies they respawned and came and defend that base.. we lost the time and couldn't win.

the funny part is that if they didn't kill those enemies I could capture the base and make some time to capture last base !

Spoiler

these are just a few example that shows in 2.0 there's many problems, in 1.9 alwyas a right act were good, always it was good to resist, it was good to kill , now look some times it's better to die , don't resist! just die and respwan till you have time to respawn ! come back in a better position with full HP !! got the point ! some time being dead is better than fight and resist ! THIS IS 2.0 !

Razu_Invader #11 Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:23 AM

Senior Airman

• 2425 battles
At the end of the day, it’s just not fun. Final nail in the coffin? We’ll see I guess.

jabbasDaD #12 Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2822 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

Only three points from me: Modus is ok. Random Teams in it are Not. 

A. Hard cap for bombers (2). Ga's(3). 

B. Give defender 2 Planes less than attacker. 

C. No respawn in this Mode. 

The Basic idea of IT is a better one. 

A frustrating -free weekend to all of u.

Edited by jabbasDaD, 04 March 2018 - 09:24 AM.

zgubny #13 Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4721 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

jakub_czyli_ja #14 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2286 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostjabbasDaD, on 04 March 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Only three points from me: Modus is ok. Random Teams in it are Not. 

A. Hard cap for bombers (2). Ga's(3).

Which increases waiting times for GAA and bombers - great idea.

Block Quote

B. Give defender 2 Planes less than attacker.

THey already have less resawns.

Block Quote

C. No respawn in this Mode.

So why attack anything, it'll be enough to use bots as baits and then kill each defender.

On defender side why to defend anything, just camp high and wait till most planes are down.

Block Quote

The Basic idea of IT is a better one.

Indeed.

Banhah #15 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Airman Basic

• Conquest Member
  • 3330 battles
  • [S-PS] S-PS

View PostClean, on 03 March 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

The game mode is more clan war orientated, it does not suit random. The planes allotted on either side need to be fixed ie not 10 bombers attacking. Each side needs to be led and coordinated. The best option for winning is not split your force and defend/attack together as one.

The majority of planes seem to go middle each time and you end up with a swirling mass of 30 planes with lot of team ramming, causing a fustercluck.

Totally agree! Gave up with this.Rather wait a year and myb buy the planes when they come to the store (they will) less aggro and frustration than hopin u mite get a random good team

TinManNL #16 Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles
  • [DCT] DCT

My biggest problem with the mode is the missions, even the primaries.

for example there was one where you had to kill X amount of defense aircraft, not only is that someting you can't do while on defense, it's also counterproductive when you are on offense.

It priorotizes you to go for suboptimal targets and suicide a few per battle, just to get the mission done.

V. Energy
13. The quality of decision is like the well-timed swoop of a falcon which enables it to strike and destroy its victim.

dreambill #17 Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

I'd like to express my opinion for Invasion too. (The mode only, NOT the event that accompanies it)

Well... I Kinda like it a lot better than Conquest.

To explain myself, I completely Dislike Conquest, so Invasion is an improvement over it, in some places.

First It doesn't have the moronic neutral faction in it and the constant swapping of objectives back and forth which creates an absolute mess and has results where no one understands how they have been produced.

Second the limitation of available re spawns demands again from the players to start mind their plane's lives (a little) and not just wondering around recklessly ignoring being shot down.

Third The progression of the battles is clear, as it is the objective for every team, and winning or loosing has a clear connection as to how each team (and individual) plays. (In conquest this is absent or very questionable at least)

It certainly needs some balance, its 60%-40% in favor of defense, but I had loses as defender and also wins as attacker. Overall IMHO a better mode than atrocious conquest.

What Definitely needs to change is the moronic UI (as in conquest) which gives very little info, SPLIT into 2 different screens. I hit twice on a mountain trying to read the map in the second (tab) screen and got dizzy altering screen all the time.

the Map must return in his old place in the main screen (as at the rest WG titles) and the radar-map hybrid (witch fails both) should be Radar as in V1.9.  Also info about enemy plane type - distance - pilot name should be present in main screen and not split between main-alt view.

As for the (NON) flight behavior of planes this always should return to V1.9 levels, as it is atrocious (as in conquest)

Edited by dreambill, 05 March 2018 - 08:01 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #18 Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2286 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Congratulations.

As far as I was able to notice, you are the only one who likes this mode, so your post will be printed, framed and will go to Minsk as a proof that players like the mode.

dreambill #19 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

lol

I said I like it more than Conquest (which i totally dislike).

That doesn't translate as "I LIKE IT". lets say, I could endure it.

I think you target on words and not the meaning of the post

jakub_czyli_ja #20 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2286 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Postdreambill, on 05 March 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

lol

I said I like it more than Conquest (which i totally dislike).

That doesn't translate as "I LIKE IT". lets say, I could endure it.

I think you target on words and not the meaning of the post

Do you think somebody from Persha that his job depends on picking proper reaction from forum, will target meaning instead of words?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users