2.0.4 Invasion

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Sael_ #1 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 12 battles

Hello pilots,

We are strongly interested in analyzing your experiences with the new game mode Invasion down to the detail, so we have created an additional survey to gather your feedback.

Please reply with your answers without leaving anything out!

1. How many battles have your played in the Invasion mode?

• 1–5
  • 6–10
  • More than 10

2. Is Invasion mode too similar to Conquest mode?

• Yes, they are almost identical.
  • There are certain differences in the gameplay.
  • They are two clearly different modes.

3. Did you like Invasion mode more than Conquest mode?

• Yes, the new mode is more interesting.
  • No, Conquest mode is better.
  • Both modes are equally interesting.

4. How important is teamwork in Invasion mode?

• It is essential. You cannot win a battle on your own.
  • It is important. It is easier to win as a team, but you can also influence the course of a battle on your own.
  • You can change the course of a battle by playing right and ignoring the actions of your teammates.

5. Is the battle interface (hints) in the Invasion mode clear?

• Yes, it gives a clue to what is going on and helps making decisions.
  • Partially. I check the state of a battle if necessary.
  • I don't monitor the battle interface.

6. How content are you with the dynamics of battles in the Invasion mode?

• The dynamics are excellent. A battle lasts exactly as long as it should.
  • Battles end too quickly. I don't have enough time to influence the outcome.
  • Battles are too long. You want to finish them as soon as possible.

7. Is it clear in the middle of a battle what team is more likely to win?

• Normally, it is not clear. Both sides have equal chances.
  • It is clear which side is more likely to win.
  • The outcome of a battle is almost always clear by the middle of a battle.

8. Are you satisfied with the role of each aircraft type in the Invasion mode?

• Yes, all aircraft types are equally useful.
  • No, some aircraft types are too strong, while some of them are almost useless in the mode.

9. Which aircraft type do you think is the most effective in the Invasion mode?

10. Which aircraft type do you think is the least effective in the Invasion mode?

11. List any issues you may have encountered or additional impressions & suggestions regarding the new mode - you can also do it here.

Thank you very much for your collaboration!

Franco_Scala #2 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2242 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

Good to see you here at last, but.....

A) We've already opened our own threads to discuss this because apparently your team didn't plan ahead.

...and B)....you realize the forum has a function for setting up an easy to use poll? Are we supposed to type out and format a response to all the multi-choices in an essay slotted into the reply box below?

Also, no need to thank us, we should be thanking you for giving us the opportunity to PAY YOU for testing your game. 

I have no interest in ragging on you, I quite enjoy the game and welcome actual communication with the team, but at this point you're not fooling anybody by urinating down our back and telling us it's raining.

Good luck and best wishes regardless.

houghtonbee #3 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 753 battles

1 - More than 10.

2 - Yes, they are almost identical.

​3 - A dreadfully worded question, personally I prefer conquest of the two but that isn't saying much. Neither mode is particularly entertaining.

​4 - Essential, cant win on your own, same as any team game/sport.

​5 - Partially.

​6 - Games are too short, especially if playing GAA and trying to get across the map again after being shot down, far far too much time spent bumbling along before its either game over or you get to do anything.

​7 - It is clear which side is more likely to win.

8 - No. See above for GAA on attack. 

​9 - Light fighters, I'd guess. 

10 - GAA

​11 - I found it incredibly boring and probably wont be participating further, same game mode as conquest with no way of telling which side you'll be on before battle which is frustrating when chasing particular missions. However I may give what ever the other 'new' mode is a go if I have time, maybe.

​Edit for Q11 - having to complete all primary and secondary missions to get the planes is just far too much of a grind, much like some of the daily missions. It's not for me.

Edited by houghtonbee, 07 March 2018 - 05:01 PM.

Tankitranki #4 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2632 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
Poor Sael_, you do not deserve an aggressive treatment, you are doing a great job in the Italian forum of wot, but you have to understand that wowp working badly for months, no answers to our problems, no chat for months, crashes and bugs.... and the event is crap, someone plays it in the hope of taking a premium tier8 but without enthusiasm (I do not play the event, I've done a dozen games and found them frustrating, especially  to completing secondary missions) ... there is a lot of work to do, but u can do it :)

Franco_Scala #5 Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2242 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R
I apologize if my first post came off as aggressive toward Sael_ personally, that wasn't my intention. That being said, some home truths needed to be made clear.

• More than 10

• No, Conquest mode is better. (Further info: Conquest mode is better for public/random match, Invasion could have promise as PvE or clan wars option)

• It is essential. You cannot win a battle on your own. (Further info: Which is why it isn't working as a public/random battle)

• Yes, it gives a clue to what is going on and helps making decisions. (Further info: I found it clear, but I get the impression many others wouldn't agree)

• Battles end too quickly. I don't have enough time to influence the outcome. (Further info: It's not the time that was the key issue, it was the connection with the game and enjoyability that was absent)

• No, some aircraft types are too strong, while some of them are almost useless in the mode. (Further info: Many people raised issues with GAA, for me, the biggest issue was knowing how to kit out my multi-role or heavy fighter if I don't know if I'm gonna be attacking or defending. Take bombs and missiles.....get a defence.......take them off again...lose an attack because there wasn't enough co-ordinated bombing. The game mode in it's current state thus is frustrating in it's current state as a public/random battle. This wouldn't be a problem in a clan wars match where you are informed of conditions ahead of the scheduled match-up.)

​         ​According to my stats for the period, I'd have been better off playing a potato on iceskates over any plane I chose, but I might just suck at the game ;-)

10. Which aircraft type do you think is the least effective in the Invasion mode?

See above about the potato.

jakub_czyli_ja #6 Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1334 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostSael_, on 07 March 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hello pilots,

We are strongly interested in analyzing your experiences with the new game mode Invasion down to the detail, so we have created an additional survey to gather your feedback.

• 1–5
  • 6–10
  • More than 10

• Yes, they are almost identical.

• No, Conquest mode is better. Which doesn't mean that is good. It's a choice between diarrhea and flu.
  • Both modes are equally interesting.

• It is important. It is easier to win as a team, but you can also influence the course of a battle on your own.
  • You can change the course of a battle by playing right and ignoring the actions of your teammates.
  • There is no teamwork in WoWP at all, because some [edited]refuse to add team mode since years.

• Partially. I check the state of a battle if necessary.
  • I don't monitor the battle interface.
  • It's mostly unrelated bullshit coming from Soviet aerial war doctrine. Reduced situational awareness by screwing up radar and minimap doesn't help also.

• The dynamics are excellent. A battle lasts exactly as long as it should.
  • Battles are too long. You want to finish them as soon as possible.
  • Dynamic is crap, as player can't really influence a battle, it's too often landslide with result that can be predict during first minutes. So it doesn't matter if battle is fast or slow. Just wait till respawns are depleted and crash.

• Normally, it is not clear. Both sides have equal chances.
  • It is clear which side is more likely to win.

• Yes, all aircraft types are equally useful.
  • No, some aircraft types are too strong, while some of them are almost useless in the mode.
  • No, but not with stated reasons. MM is the problem.

It depends on MM.

It depends on MM.

11. List any issues you may have encountered or additional impressions & suggestions regarding the new mode - you can also do it here.

Roll back to 1.9 and develop that further - stronghold-like mode, CW, team modes, other clan activities.

Unfortunately reading questions and answers it seems that this mode will stay. Really sad, because it is broken at the design state, and can't be fixed.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

dreambill #7 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 917 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

• More than 10

The interface (as in conquest) lacks decent info, and what is in it, is divided into 2 different screens (tab) and modes (alt). For a proper designed interface please take a look at V1.9. It was brilliant. Just copy it

Seems balanced in favor of defenders, Had some very short and mostly medium battles. Long ones are very rare.

As the general balance of airplane behavior is (and in conquest) you only need a handful of planes to play. The rest are simply inferior and useless

Fighters - heavy fighters if in defense

Bombers

To me is a step forward from conquest, which is Atrocious. Still a lot worst than V1.9 though

_se7en #8 Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3945 battles

1. More than 10 (60+)

2. They are two clearly different modes.

3. Both modes are equally interesting.

4. It is essential. You cannot win a battle on your own.

5. Partially. I check the state of a battle if necessary.

6. Battles end too quickly. I don't have enough time to influence the outcome.

7. It is clear which side is more likely to win.

8. Yes, all aircraft types are equally useful. (More important that classes play their role than in conquest)

9. Fighter for defense, and GAA for attack.

10. Since Heavy Fighters play their role, bombers seem to be the least effective to me.

11. I liked this mode, it was a change of pace. And to me as an event its much more fun than Skies of Albion was. In the long haul, I still prefer conquest, but Invasion brings a nice variation. Also, the defending side has a slight advantage it looks like.

Edited by _se7en, 07 March 2018 - 07:16 PM.

My favourite youtubers:

Tironan: https://www.youtube....xlgqgTATDskLKnA

Phontomen, Shrike Gaming, Magus, Gaming Bear, Mighty Jingles, Flamu, Notser, iChase

Horcan #9 Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1175 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
I wont bother answering all questions, i did played more than 10 games and it was enough to say i wont play the rest of this event. Invasion is so broken , unbalanced , and no fun ( maybe because the few humans are clueless and bots are no help for team game ) that you better cancel the whole event altogether, considering nobody can win the prizes for free anyway.

ArtyRulesForever #10 Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 99 battles

View PostHorcan, on 07 March 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

I wont bother answering all questions, i did played more than 10 games and it was enough to say i wont play the rest of this event. Invasion is so broken , unbalanced , and no fun ( maybe because the few humans are clueless and bots are no help for team game ) that you better cancel the whole event altogether, considering nobody can win the prizes for free anyway.

that sums it up

Grumpy_Guts #11 Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2835 battles

Do not need your questioner to let you know the state of the game, the answers are all in the hundreds of posts on this forum for you to read.

For my part the new game is very good and if the " lock on window " we had in left bottom screen was reintroduced it would be very very good.

All bases should be red or blue in all battles regardless of mode, no white third party in game

You will never have "team work " in a battle with random players/bots thrown together with different daily missions as it is, not even mentioning " your " in game problems cropping up all the time.

With so much more in the game now maybe time for three player flights back in ?   

drakkanax #12 Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:56 PM

Senior Airman

• 1047 battles

Q: Is it fun?

A: NO.

I played about 20 battles on the first day. Since then I've given up on it because it is not fun. My winrate was high, but that was before the meta settled. When meta settled it became even less fun.

How do you make it fun?

Suggestion 1: Make it PvE i.e. players vs bots.

Suggestion 2: With all the bots in game make it command enabled so for example each player is leader of a flight and has wingmen he can give commands to... It's was possible in X-wing in 1991, so you can manage it...

Suggestion 3: test the damn thing before publishing it.

Dr_Ar_MG #13 Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1041 battles
  • [TAWV] TAWV

1.How many battles have your played in the Invasion mode?

more than 10

2.Is Invasion mode too similar to Conquest mode?

There are certain differences in the gameplay.

for one team it's an unfair version of conquest mode for defender it's a bad version of 1.9

3.Did you like Invasion mode more than Conquest mode?

when I'm in defenders team yes I like it more (it doesn't mean I like it I told it's better than) but in attackers team conquest was better, generally I hate both mode.

4.There are certain differences in the gameplay?

of course tork in any game is important but you are doing wrong! there's no team work in WOWP because there's no team! you have low population of player so you must make a game which is base on self solo gaming not team work till you gain more players.

conquest mode and other team work modes could be good in clan wars mode. not when there are some players which doesn't know each other and had no pre-plan .

5.How content are you with the dynamics of battles in the Invasion mode?

asymmetric battle is a very good challenge but it must be FAIR and BLANCE.

have you ever tryed 1 human vs 1 human. a J7W vs an IL ?!!! do you know about boundary conditions ?

The outcome of a battle is almost always clear by the middle of a battle.( actually after 1-2 min LOL)

No, some aircraft types are too strong, while some of them are almost useless in the mode

9.Which aircraft type do you think is the most effective in the Invasion mode?

depends on tier, number of players, and attackers team or defenders!

for T4-T6 in attackers team bombers

high tiers T7-T10 attackers heavy fighters

and for defenders team, planes with high fire power to kill attack aircrofts fast

It means a team with He 100 - p-51 -FJ-1 and etc are useless

11. List any issues you may have encountered or additional impressions & suggestions regarding the new mode

you know the problem is everything. read this post please

Edited by NickMustaine, 12 April 2018 - 08:13 AM.
Use of red color

BravelyRanAway #14 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 1194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

I gave up the event by the second day...early. I played just over 30 battles. But very frustrating to try to complete a specific mission when you get placed on the wrong team time after time and that time spent becomes wasted time.

I don't have that much free time to spend hoping to get on the correct team.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

zgubny #15 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 1244 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 08 March 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

I gave up the event by the second day...early. I played just over 30 battles. But very frustrating to try to complete a specific mission when you get placed on the wrong team time after time and that time spent becomes wasted time.

I don't have that much free time to spend hoping to get on the correct team.

I agree with you dude ....

eekeeboo #16 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 3498 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostSael_, on 07 March 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hello pilots,

• More than 10. I can tell you over-all 150 including economy testing and aircraft mechanics and AI testing. 

• They are two clearly different modes. I feel the onus on actions and tactics are far different, but strategies from conquest can be used. 

• Both modes are equally interesting. But I found conquest was getting stale and variety is good. Also the challenge with missions and allowing AI tweaks to take effect more was good for a challenge. 

Teamwork is more often than not absolutely essential, but there are certain games with certain aircraft you an have such a huge impact that you can carry a whole team single handed. I have screenshots to prove this. 

• Yes, it gives a clue to what is going on and helps making decisions. If you're used to looking at the mini map and game progress and other things, then the UI is self intuitive. 

• In between I feel the battles are fast paced and engaging, but for some of the missions, the game can end far too quickly if the defensive team is not as skilled as the offensive team. More so getting 15 kills can at times be very difficult if you only have a game that last 5 minutes. 

• Normally, it is not clear. Both sides have equal chances. Landslide battles are very to easy to notice at any stage, but if a player is competent and strategic you can influence a game well. 

• Yes, all aircraft types are equally useful.Certain classes influence more in the hands of a good pilot like the tier 8 pancake. More down to strong planes than strong classes. 

• I feel Heavy aircraft and High tier GAA have the biggest impact with the ability to carry ordinance, use guns and speed to relocate quickly. Bombers struggle with reload and find themselves focused too much by defence aircraft. Light fighters like the meteor are exceptional also due to all round abilities and guns. 

• Heavy bombers with the altitude ceiling do struggle with the AI tweaks and the very strong AA present over certain sectors. This isn't a huge issue unless you're trying to use the planes for missions without dying or trying to get epic achievements. 

• Good game mode that could have been better received by the community were there not certain challenging missions that frustrate some players. Like the conversion from 1.9 to 2.0 communities don't like vast changes to their current systems and certain videos and strategies would have been better to help people understand the need to relocate. 
  • When on the attacking side having sectors not only give time extension but also additional re-spawns or having AA develop under spawn sectors to prevent spawn camping would be helpful. 

Spartan_93 #17 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 224 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

• 6–10

• No, Conquest mode is better.

• It is essential. You cannot win a battle on your own. As a member of the attacking team
  • You can change the course of a battle by playing right and ignoring the actions of your teammates. As member of the defending team.

• The outcome of a battle is almost always clear at the beginning of the battler => defenders win in 80% (at least at mid-tier)

• As Defender: heavy fighter
  • As Attacker: ground attack aircrafts/ bombers

As Attacker: any kind of fighter, because of shorted-handed in fighter vs. fighter combat: 2 defenders vs. 1 attacker => no starting point for combat

• attacking team is 6 fighters and 6 GAA/bombers. Defending team is 12 fighters => normal situation: 2 defender-fighters attacking 1 attacker-fighters => easy kill => no fighter support for bombers/GAA => easy win for defenders
  • there should be more respawns for attacking team
  • or less GAA/bombers in attacking team

Clean #18 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3381 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

• More than 10

• No, Conquest mode is better. (But flawed)

• Partially. I check the state of a battle if necessary. (Could be much clearer)

6. How content are you with the dynamics of battles in the Invasion mode

• It is clear which side is more likely to win. (The defender 9 times out of 10)

• Yes, all aircraft types are equally useful. (If balanced and coordinated)

Fighter with high altitude performance defending. Bomber when attacking.

GAA too slow and get's swamped.

11. List any issues you may have encountered or additional impressions & suggestions regarding the new mode - you can also do it here.

Properly moderate and read the forums. There are a lot of current popular threads that will give you all the feedback you need. Optimise this game properly and fix the bugs and game crashes which are still occurring after 2.0.4. Why does this game not get the care and attention that Tanks and Warships do? The mission grinds are over the top and seem like a bare face money grab for a broken game. You have the core mechanics and gameplay but you are failing to capitalise on what you have. Spend some money and develop this game professionally and you will get a return on your money.

Franco_Scala #19 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2242 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostClean, on 08 March 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

11. List any issues you may have encountered or additional impressions & suggestions regarding the new mode - you can also do it here.

Properly moderate and read the forums. There are a lot of current popular threads that will give you all the feedback you need. Optimise this game properly and fix the bugs and game crashes which are still occurring after 2.0.4. Why does this game not get the care and attention that Tanks and Warships do? The mission grinds are over the top and seem like a bare face money grab for a broken game. You have the core mechanics and gameplay but you are failing to capitalise on what you have. Spend some money and develop this game professionally and you will get a return on your money.

Well said, many others would agree, but this is very well worded.

A_useless_noob #20 Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 710 battles
It screws your chances of completing daily missions, and grinding thru the tiers.  With this mode progression thru tiers is next to zero.

Also tagged with 2.0.4, Invasion

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users