mission invasion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PeterkoX #1 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 2754 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Hi, could anybody help me to understand what is expected in mission 14?

How can I gen capture point when defending sectors? If I defending, I cannot capture, so something is wrong in definition?

I really do not understand. 

WG, could you please explain?

xmkh #2 Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:09 AM

Senior Airman

• 2307 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPeterkoX, on 11 March 2018 - 02:00 AM, said:

Hi, could anybody help me to understand what is expected in mission 14?

How can I gen capture point when defending sectors? If I defending, I cannot capture, so something is wrong in definition?

I really do not understand. 

WG, could you please explain?

You get capture points for defending also, even if it sounds unintuitive. Just kill as many planes in your own sectors and you'll get 400 easy.

PeterkoX #3 Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 2754 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostHG_Hergaden, on 11 March 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

You get capture points for defending also, even if it sounds unintuitive. Just kill as many planes in your own sectors and you'll get 400 easy.

Thank you, what plane did you use for this mission?

xmkh #4 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

Senior Airman

• 2307 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I haven't done that particular mission yet. I was focusing on the Do 335 campaign and then WG messed up and it won't recognize fulfilling the last mission there. I hear it's the same in the XF15C campaign, though.

As for what plane to use.. since you'll be defending you won't necessarily need to relocate all that often. Just choose the most popular sector on the map and stay there. So anything with a lot of maneuverability should work wonders. Yak-19 is a favourite for any kind of close encounter dogfighting. For lower tiers the usual suspects... A7M. For Tiers 4-6 there might not be enough traffic in the sectors since those take too long to come back to you once you kill them.

Tha_Truth #5 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6115 battles

View PostHG_Hergaden, on 11 March 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

yeah it seems there is even a difference in the score board, which you can see in battle results. i have missions where i can see my "capture points earned in defence" and "capture points earned in attack". so they are measured, and measured differently.
Fix in game flight-wing chat !!!!! 

xmkh #6 Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

Senior Airman

• 2307 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
So I finished this mission. You need 10 defensive kills to get 400 cap points in defense. As you probably know, these "Kills while Defending" are only counted over sectors in your control which have unlocked. So if you just took a sector, try to wait with killing the rest of them until your sector unlocks. 10 kills is doable, but maybe not easy as I wrote earlier. I managed to do it in a MiG-3 and Yak-19. Certain maps work better than others and usually a central high traffic sector like Airfields and Missile Bases yield the best. Good luck on the next Attrition weekend!

eekeeboo #7 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:03 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3780 battles
For me the hardest mission, though I was making it more difficult than it needed to be. You can just kill any plane when they are over a sector you control unlocked as Hg_Hergaden states. But kills in defence count. 

Also tagged with mission, invasion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users