42 replies to this topic

_EAF_ #1 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5120 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

hi guys 

i have a huge main problem for long time 

my graphic card  broken and cause low fps and the screen freeze with fast movement especially in the high tiers 

& when i checked to change it ..i found out ..i need to upgrade my full pc system 

new mother bored..new processor..new  graphic card

and as you know ... the 8th intel processor and the graphic cards too much expensive because the mining  this days 

i have an offer on ryzen processor ( the ryzen 5 2400g with Internal  graphic card ( same of the geforce gtx 1030 )

yes i know its not strong card but until the prices cool down 

so what i'm asking for 

is the amd ryzen good with the games like this game ??

any one knows about this model ryzen 5 2400 g ?? is it good or bad with wowp ?? 

Edited by _EAF_, 13 March 2018 - 09:49 PM.

BORJZQUE #2 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:45 AM

Airman Basic

• 208 battles
Dude, check the russian forum - evem player smska, which has most top  hardware at this day, has problems with fps. The optimization of wowp is just a soap bubble.
But i will try to answer at ur question: Nvidia is better for wowp than amd. Guess, wg has some contracts with nvidia.
As said Gandalf : "Run, you fools!"

_EAF_ #3 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5120 battles
  • [DITO] DITO
so ...the ryzen processor not good with the games ???

ArtyIsSuperior #4 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 15 battles

View Post_EAF_, on 14 March 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

wowp 2,0 is not good with any processor

_EAF_ #5 Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5120 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View PostArtyIsSuperior, on 14 March 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

forget this game ....generally ..the ryzen can work with online games like war thunder ..armed warfare..wows ???? or the intel better 

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 405 battles

View PostArtyIsSuperior, on 14 March 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Processor isn't the issue.

I got an old i7-3820 and my framerate is fine (55-ish) on maximum settings.

Can agree it isn't very well optimised though.

Also, the CPU you mentioned is pretty decent for the price-range.

Do remember to install some extra RAM though, since integrated graphics chips will use up your regular RAM to make it work.

Slightly related, I wonder if wargaming will switch over to the EnCore engine for Warplanes as well if it is successful enough in Tanks.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 14 March 2018 - 07:28 PM.

_EAF_ #7 Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5120 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 March 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Processor isn't the issue.

I got an old i7-3820 and my framerate is fine (55-ish) on maximum settings.

Can agree it isn't very well optimised though.

Also, the CPU you mentioned is pretty decent for the price-range.

Do remember to install some extra RAM though, since integrated graphics chips will use up your regular RAM to make it work.

Slightly related, I wonder if wargaming will switch over to the EnCore engine for Warplanes as well if it is successful enough in Tanks.

i have old pc ..it will shock you :)

intel core due 2.95 hz ..viga card which its broken now gtx 430 ...mother bored gigabit 945 

& i found out ..there is no spare parts for my viga card  and to replace it ..i need to change every thing  

that 's why i was thinking about ( good price with good performance ) 

ryzen 5 2400g  4 cores 3.6 ghz ( viga 11 Internal  graphic card same power of the gtx 1030 )  

ram 8 or 16 g

motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3

i know the intel Processor  like (i5-8400) with any viga card will be better far away ...but the prices too much this days ..in my place the gtx 1060 it was before max price 5000 now become 10500 ( double the price )...same to the gtx 1050 or 1050 ti :(

and the 8th intel Processor expensive too .

& now i'm confused and worry if i get that ryzen 5  and it will not able to run any thing of my games  after all of that 

Edited by _EAF_, 15 March 2018 - 10:27 AM.

eekeeboo #8 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3583 battles

The big thing with this game is that it hammers a single core and not much else. Ways you can improve FPS is to limit certain settings like Shadows, foliage quality, post processing effect. Those I've found to give the best result. 

Otherwise using something like process lasso to set cpu affinity and have it saved helped my fps be far more stable and I can now have things on high with very few issues since the latter patches. 

_EAF_ #9 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5120 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View Posteekeeboo, on 15 March 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

The big thing with this game is that it hammers a single core and not much else. Ways you can improve FPS is to limit certain settings like Shadows, foliage quality, post processing effect. Those I've found to give the best result. 

Otherwise using something like process lasso to set cpu affinity and have it saved helped my fps be far more stable and I can now have things on high with very few issues since the latter patches. 

whats your recommendation ?? in that problem...which hardware i go for??  depend on your comment...if i looking for the  single core speed then i should go to intel 

intel has better single core speed than ryzen 

but i must buy a viga card right now too ( intel  Processor  price + viga card price )

woffff..its hard to choose with limited price-range  

Edited by _EAF_, 15 March 2018 - 03:21 PM.

drakkanax #10 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Senior Airman

• 1047 battles

Well I'm a software engineer and I've been playing WG titles for a while and I can tell you a few things:

1) CPU is somewhat important in WG titles but only because they have crap programmers that can't program a optimized engine of their own and they use engines with poor performance and no multi threading capability. As far as I know they don't have a multi-threaded engine but only use additional threads to offload some tasks. They do stuff pipelines as some Russian programming schools go but that's only a workaround and not a solution to the real problems. So if you're having a CPU bottleneck you generally need high single thread performance to solve it. If you don't have a bottleneck having more CPU power will not improve anything.

2) GPU is not very important in WG titles unless you want to max up settings. You can do with a mid range GPU and frankly their high settings are not much good.

3) Primary performance problem with the actual game is server side as the server responses are rather slow so even if you have a high frame rate it will not represent the real state of the game and you will see more synchups(read jumps).

So in short if you want to play the game and you're on a budget look for a lower-mid-range video card for $80-90 and a lower-mid-range cpu like i3/i5 in the $150-180 range, 16G of memory and everything else can be cheapo. Then keep the settings to medium and you should be good.

If you want high settings you should go for high end hardware, but return on investment is low with WG titles.

_EAF_ #11 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5120 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View Postdrakkanax, on 15 March 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Well I'm a software engineer and I've been playing WG titles for a while and I can tell you a few things:

1) CPU is somewhat important in WG titles but only because they have crap programmers that can't program a optimized engine of their own and they use engines with poor performance and no multi threading capability. As far as I know they don't have a multi-threaded engine but only use additional threads to offload some tasks. They do stuff pipelines as some Russian programming schools go but that's only a workaround and not a solution to the real problems. So if you're having a CPU bottleneck you generally need high single thread performance to solve it. If you don't have a bottleneck having more CPU power will not improve anything.

2) GPU is not very important in WG titles unless you want to max up settings. You can do with a mid range GPU and frankly their high settings are not much good.

3) Primary performance problem with the actual game is server side as the server responses are rather slow so even if you have a high frame rate it will not represent the real state of the game and you will see more synchups(read jumps).

So in short if you want to play the game and you're on a budget look for a lower-mid-range video card for $80-90 and a lower-mid-range cpu like i3/i5 in the $150-180 range, 16G of memory and everything else can be cheapo. Then keep the settings to medium and you should be good.

If you want high settings you should go for high end hardware, but return on investment is low with WG titles.

you monition i3 or i5 ....7th or 8th ??    

lower-mid-range video card for $80-90 ?? like what ?? sorry i'm not too good at this stuff ..i need a littel help here :)

whats the viga cards i should looking for in that range 

Edited by _EAF_, 15 March 2018 - 03:46 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 405 battles

View Post_EAF_, on 15 March 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

you monition i3 or i5 ....7th or 8th ??    

lower-mid-range video card for $80-90 ?? like what ?? sorry i'm not too good at this stuff ..i need a littel help here :)

whats the viga cards i should looking for in that range 

Personally, I'd say 8th gen since they're quite a bit better in their price range than the 7th gen are.

And the i3-8100 seems pretty decent for its price (~€110*), and while its clock speed is slightly slower than that of the i3-7100, it has much bigger cache which I dare say is more important. Another difference between the two is that the 8th gen has 4 physical cores without hyperthreading, while the 7th gen has 2 physical cores with hyperthreading. So should you use programs that use multiple cores, the 8th gen should be slightly better at it.

This option should leave you with a slightly bigger budget for a dedicated graphics card.

A more expensive option would be the i3-8350K, which has a slightly higher clockspeed compared to the 7100, along with a slightly bigger cache than the 8100, although it does come at a higher price (€175*).

Regardless of which option to decide to go for, do make sure that you buy RAM that has the exact same speed as required by the CPU, or it will not work (DDR4-2400 for the two 8th gen ones). Also make sure that your motherboard has the right socket, and is compatible with the CPU of your choice.

*Prices listed are likely for CPUs without cooler. Most coolers on the market should suffice as long as they fit the socket.

eekeeboo #13 Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3583 battles

View Post_EAF_, on 15 March 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

whats your recommendation ?? in that problem...which hardware i go for??  depend on your comment...if i looking for the  single core speed then i should go to intel 

intel has better single core speed than ryzen 

but i must buy a viga card right now too ( intel  Processor  price + viga card price )

woffff..its hard to choose with limited price-range  

So far intel does seem to have the edge, unfortunately. My I7 4790K is running it just fine, I cannot say whether Ryzen is better or not as it's still relatively new in the world of games optimisation etc. Intel for me has been more reliable since i made the switch so I can't see myself moving away from it without serious consideration. I know that over a lot more games ryzen tends to do better because of the way it's cores work. 

Also depends on which ryzen you go, as right now when looking up benchmarks etc a ryzen 5 will perform the same as my now aging 4790K in a lot of instances. 

drakkanax #14 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 1047 battles

I would avoid AMD CPUs for WG products. I've been a long time user of AMD cpus myself and at times they clearly are better overall however... WoT will crash arbitrarily on my AMD FX CPU and you need to set CPU affinity for up to two cores in order to even start it reliably.. and WoWP bottlenecks on previous gen AMD cpus. Ryzen is not really a good solution for budget gaming either as motherboards are expensive and it doesn't really give you anything more than the intel counterparts.

When I said $80-90 for video card above that's the price for a new 30 series(1030) nVidia which is about the minimum you'd need to run WG games on medium/lower settings. For lowest price GPU I'v likely buy some previous gen 50 series(750) nvidia 128bit 2GB video card. These are the low-middle range which will allow you high settings, but not very high. The 30 series is low end.

Tha_Truth #15 Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4327 battles

View Post_EAF_, on 13 March 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

hi guys 

i have a huge main problem for long time 

my graphic card  broken and cause low fps and the screen freeze with fast movement especially in the high tiers 

& when i checked to change it ..i found out ..i need to upgrade my full pc system 

new mother bored..new processor..new  graphic card

and as you know ... the 8th intel processor and the graphic cards too much expensive because the mining  this days 

i have an offer on ryzen processor ( the ryzen 5 2400g with Internal  graphic card ( same of the geforce gtx 1030 )

yes i know its not strong card but until the prices cool down 

so what i'm asking for 

is the amd ryzen good with the games like this game ??

any one knows about this model ryzen 5 2400 g ?? is it good or bad with wowp ?? 

Seriously, look here to compare video cards (and cpu on other pages).

https://www.videocar...et/gpu_list.php

good luck

my video card scores about 1500, and i get 30 fps on lowest settings. with a 4000 scoring cpu. you can see what your card scores now to compare with what you want to buy. newer cards are not always better! so look and compare carefully. its worth the look.

The bug list covers my windshield

_EAF_ #16 Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5120 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

i'm checking every item you said it guys in my area and looking for the best deals 

i avoid the amd ..and looking for the intel cheap

the gpu and ram ...not only my area ...it's globe problem ....the prices too high so i will look for 1050 or 1030 ..i think they are the best choice 

the amd Radeon cards ...i saw many guys complain from it ..so they out of my search 

Nishi_Kinuyo #17 Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 405 battles

View Post_EAF_, on 18 March 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

i'm checking every item you said it guys in my area and looking for the best deals 

i avoid the amd ..and looking for the intel cheap

the gpu and ram ...not only my area ...it's globe problem ....the prices too high so i will look for 1050 or 1030 ..i think they are the best choice 

the amd Radeon cards ...i saw many guys complain from it ..so they out of my search 

Been using an AMD Radeon Rx 480 Nitro+ for a bit over a year now and I've had zero issues with it.

Then again, my card was pretty much the top-end card in the AMD line when I bought it, so the budget cards might be of lesser quality.

But yeah, the two global issues concerning GPUs and RAM have driven up the costs unreasonably; miners and GPUs, and a shortage on RAM in general (aggrevated due to all those smartphones using up the precious DDR4 :angry:). So while possible to go budget on the GPU, it is a bit harder for RAM since there's a minimum you'll want for your PC to work reasonably (8GiB).

scramaseax #18 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 560 battles

Until they fix and optimize the memory management on WoP you're really wasting your time here- maybe best post on the World of Tanks forum, where folks have been able to see how hardware works without all the bugs and crashes that currently exist in WoP.

For WoT (and WoP) I've been using an Intel Pentium G3258 overclocked to 4 GHz (WoP and WoT only use 1 core so it works fine) and getting 100 fps on WoT with an NVidia GTX750ti(2GB version)- I get 60+ fps on WoP. For Mobo I'm using ASUS H81M Plus with 8GB RAM (DDR3-1333). 3 years old now and still working fine. Use this for EU prices (looks like you're from North Africa so maybe get in France). G3258=c€80, GTX750TI=c€125, H81 Mobo=c€50

Other useful sites to help build/price are Part Picker And New Egg - start comparisons there and don't forget eBay for used. Good luck/bonne chance!

Actually, specifically to the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, it looks pretty good- review here. And WoT players agree. If it can please them (maybe PM OP on thread to see if he bought one and how he's getting on?), it should work fine for WoP when they finally sort the memory management issues. Given the age of my system (and current prices, more expensive today than when I bought 3 years ago!), probably a good deal for c€150. Some benchmarks here.

I prefer Intel and Nvidia, but @ €150 this looks best as maybe interim solution until prices come down some on tulipsCryptocoins (and Graphics Cards too).

Edited by NickMustaine, 08 April 2018 - 11:32 AM.

_EAF_ #19 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5120 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

Intel Core I3-7100 Kaby Lake 3M 2-Core 3.9GHz 

MSI B250M BAZOOKA Socket LGA 1151 

MSI GeForce GTX 1050 GAMING X 2G GDDR5

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR4 3000 CL15 

Western Digital (WD) Caviar BLUE WD10EZEX 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache HDD

BitFenix Comrade Window ATX Mid Tower Case (Black) + 500W PSU

so i think its good tower with nice items and some of them cheap but give good performance ?!!!!!

Edited by _EAF_, 19 March 2018 - 04:34 PM.

Ed_DeLoach #20 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Airman Basic

• 12 battles

View Post_EAF_, on 14 March 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

a Ryzen processor should be fine with the game.  I would pic  Ryzen 5 over a 3.  

What the the other person is saying is that the game itself has problems over and above any problems you might be having with your computer.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users