Westwall, Dornier, 9 Air Superiority, Secondary Task, another bug ?

Westwall dornier bug

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Jonagus #1 Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3870 battles

I did completed mission 9 Air Superiority, Secondary Task, Dornier: 8.500 personal points for destroying enemy aircraft in a single batlle. My plane  was not destroyed any time as required. And the mission was selected. Then What happen?

Why I didnt get the mission ? I already filled  up a ticked, the missions are already very dificult, almost imposible, to in adition get this *****, instead Westwall the event should have bein call "MISSION IMPOSIBLE" with the old soundtrack included ....

Jonagus

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jonagus, 17 March 2018 - 12:59 PM.

Jonagus

Jonagus #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3870 battles

Edited by Jonagus, 17 March 2018 - 01:09 PM.

Jonagus

CheefCoach #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1946 battles
Because not all of those 9700 points are gained for destroying aircrafts. 1000 come just for finishing the battle, some are from assists... 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Jonagus #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3870 battles

Thanks CheefCoach, maybe it is as you said, but it looks to me like when in the Marx Brothers Cabin, Groucho is ordering food and Harpo is asking all the time for: "TWO HARD BOILED EGGS".

If they say 8500 personal points, means what it means, if they means "damage to aerial targets" is something diferent, anyhow it was not clear what was the goals to be fullfiled in the missions, for one or other reason this event has been a mess ...

Jonagus

Jonagus

Jonagus #5 Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3870 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 17 March 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Because not all of those 9700 points are gained for destroying aircrafts. 1000 come just for finishing the battle, some are from assists... 

You mean this:

Posted Image

But then maybe you Cheefcoach or somebody from WG may tell me where can I check the personal points for destroying enemy aircrafts I have made. Where can be check how many personal points I made destroying enemy aircrsfts ? mostlly considering I didnt do anything else ....

Jonagus

Jonagus

dreambill #6 Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1194 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
This frustrates me also, Some missions have requirements that is impossible to get info of your progression (especially IN game) or afterwards.

Jonagus #7 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3870 battles

View Postdreambill, on 23 March 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

This frustrates me also, Some missions have requirements that is impossible to get info of your progression (especially IN game) or afterwards.

An example: 2 Stage Control over territories, additional task: earn at least 400 capture points in a single victorius battle 400 / 400.

Posted Image

Why I get 480 capture points in one place and 320 in the other ??? and why I didnt get the additional task if I get over 400 capture points ???

Jonagus

Edited by Jonagus, 25 March 2018 - 08:54 AM.

Jonagus

Jonagus #8 Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3870 battles

Another example; 1

15 Final Blow, Primary Task: Destroy at least 15 enemie aircraft in a single victorius battle your aircraft must not be destroyed more than two times.

Posted Image

I have destroyed 16 aircrafts, none of then was part of my own team, as a matter of fact, all of then were shooting to me, what cualified then as enemies aircrafts to me. All missions of this ecent are "TRIKY" the all event it looks to me as a FAKE.It is dificult to understand how WG pretend to make money after getting the coustomers really upset and disapointed with all of these TRICKS and unclear rules.

This guys of WG are Marxists but not from Karl but from Harpo, always asking for. " TWO MORE HARD BOILED EGGS".

Jonagus

Edited by Jonagus, 25 March 2018 - 08:53 AM.

Jonagus

blackmoomba #9 Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4811 battles

I think you and most of the guys complaining don't understand what you read.

The mission info states ENEMY planes, as in active bots or players that are displayed when you press TAB. You screenshot displays info: "Aerial Targets" ... defensive (white/red) planes above a sector DO NOT qualify as ENEMY. Same for bomber flights that are called in by the Command Centers.

If you see something not progressing as expected, read the mission info again and again. The mission qualifiers maybe tricky to understand for a non-native english speaker... have to confess i'm not one, but even so, i completed a lot of mission events, and in 99% of the time it was completely my fault for not paying attention to the text that was in front of me or not knowing at that moment the difference in terms in regards to the type of planes/targets.

PS: in regards to the scoring system in the IL40, the 320 points displayed in the SS involve only the capture points achieved by destroying ground targets. You also score capture points when killing planes, defensive or enemy above a sector... 40/plane if i'm not mistaken. So you have 320, 120... not sure about the other 40, that you got... but it's sure there somewhere.

Edited by blackmoomba, 25 March 2018 - 11:13 AM.

Jonagus #10 Posted 25 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3870 battles

View Postblackmoomba, on 25 March 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

I think you and most of the guys complaining don't understand what you read.

The mission info states ENEMY planes, as in active bots or players that are displayed when you press TAB. You screenshot displays info: "Aerial Targets" ... defensive (white/red) planes above a sector DO NOT qualify as ENEMY. Same for bomber flights that are called in by the Command Centers.

If you see something not progressing as expected, read the mission info again and again. The mission qualifiers maybe tricky to understand for a non-native english speaker... have to confess i'm not one, but even so, i completed a lot of mission events, and in 99% of the time it was completely my fault for not paying attention to the text that was in front of me or not knowing at that moment the difference in terms in regards to the type of planes/targets.

PS: in regards to the scoring system in the IL40, the 320 points displayed in the SS involve only the capture points achieved by destroying ground targets. You also score capture points when killing planes, defensive or enemy above a sector... 40/plane if i'm not mistaken. So you have 320, 120... not sure about the other 40, that you got... but it's sure there somewhere.

I would not like to sound too agresive with other players or members of the forum that look like trying to help.  But please when you give everybody all this information, would help if you show where all this information is coming, When you say that the gamers dont read properlly the text of the missions, some way you are insulting, from WG is standard procedure, but it is not expected from someone who pretend to be helping. Whith some people I have that impression like a car driver going in the wrong way in the highway but blaming averybody else but himself.

Blackmoomba: maybe for you somebody that is shooting to you it is not consider an enemy, but for everybody else it is a quite a good definition of the term ENEMY, capture points are 320 or 480?  In this conditions this event can be consider a total FAKE. It was the last thing that the game needed, getting players confuse, disapointed and upset, just trying to milk them again and again. WOWP 2.0.4 SUCKS !!! and this event WESTWALL even more !!!

Jonagus.

Jonagus

jnishar #11 Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1970 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View PostJonagus, on 17 March 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Thanks CheefCoach, maybe it is as you said, but it looks to me like when in the Marx Brothers Cabin, Groucho is ordering food and Harpo is asking all the time for: "TWO HARD BOILED EGGS".

If they say 8500 personal points, means what it means, if they means "damage to aerial targets" is something diferent, anyhow it was not clear what was the goals to be fullfiled in the missions, for one or other reason this event has been a mess ...

Jonagus

LOVE THAT MOVIE :D
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

blackmoomba #12 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4811 battles

Where do i get the info? just put the mouse above all the sections of the score interface at the end of the game, and you will see a more detailed info about your performance

For fighters, the capture points are broken in 2 sections... attacking and defense points. The info displayed in the panel while in battle show only the points you score in attack. The Aerial targets refers to all the planes shot down, ENEMY, defense aircraft bots and bomber flights. For GAAs, the info while in battle is only about the ground targets that you destroyed... while the endgame shows more, accounting for all the planes you shot down also while in the cap.

All the problems you stated are limitations derived from the scoring display system. When i started playing after a very long break, had the same problems with it... didn't know what is what, struggled to understand why others had rank 5 and i was scoring close to aces and got only rank 2. Took me a whole 2 hours, maybe, to understand it. Even with the regular missions that provide tokens, i can't recall the number of times i was doing them wrong just because i didn't pay attention to the text. Some of them don't even have a game info/counter for the required job.

Would i want a more in-depth score info while in-game, actively tracking the mission that i'm on? Hell yes... on the other hand, that would require some work to provide each client with the info for his particular mission. As it is, the info displayed is there just to reinforce each persons job according to the plane he's flying. Is it that hard of a job to keep track of the mission on your own? I had no problem counting the 15 kills i needed to unlock the Dornier... same for the 8.5k personal points shooting down enemy planes, i'm not 100% sure, but each enemy bot counts for 1k, player might be worth more... 9 kills and you got it in the bag.

My conclusion is, some of the missions require more attention while reading the info... some require a bit of a leg-work from the player to understand the scoring involved in the endgame display... some require a good old fashion count while fighting. Btw, the side mission this weekend was... kill 5 AA guns for a 25% bonus to end-game credits, i went for it in fighters and multiroles, counted 1-2-3-4-5 and after that i got back to the main job of killing other planes or whatever. And i'm sure most of the new players don't know that KILL AA-gun, means only that... KILL THE AA, not the entire gun emplacement, i know that first hand... spent 5 missions during the tokens event to kill the complete ground target, instead of focusing only the AA, just another example of a player reading and not fully understanding the text.

Edited by blackmoomba, 26 March 2018 - 02:38 AM.

houghtonbee #13 Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1026 battles

View Postblackmoomba, on 26 March 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

My conclusion is, some of the missions require more attention while reading the info... some require a bit of a leg-work from the player to understand the scoring involved in the endgame display... 

Agreed, which is fine for the players that have been around WOWP for a long time, however for the new pilots that 2.0 was supposed to drag in it's far too vague/complicated imo and that goes for the daily missions as well.

Simplifying these things will benefit the game overall. 

blackmoomba #14 Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4811 battles

The basic scoring system is there for them. They added game mod guides. The missions and the event i would call SOME of them vague, BUT not something that you can't figure it out on your own.

Shark1530 #15 Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:32 AM

Senior Airman

• 2285 battles

View PostJonagus, on 25 March 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

Another example; 1

15 Final Blow, Primary Task: Destroy at least 15 enemie aircraft in a single victorius battle your aircraft must not be destroyed more than two times.

Posted Image

I have destroyed 16 aircrafts, none of then was part of my own team, as a matter of fact, all of then were shooting to me, what cualified then as enemies aircrafts to me. All missions of this ecent are "TRIKY" the all event it looks to me as a FAKE.It is dificult to understand how WG pretend to make money after getting the coustomers really upset and disapointed with all of these TRICKS and unclear rules.

This guys of WG are Marxists but not from Karl but from Harpo, always asking for. " TWO MORE HARD BOILED EGGS".

Jonagus

I had 18 kills, 3 defense plane and 15 enemy, was not be destroyed (more than 2 as mission ask). Mission was active but it was not complete. I even get that medal for more than 17kills. I send ticket if they can check it was it bug or I miss something.

Jonagus #16 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3870 battles

View Postblackmoomba, on 26 March 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

Where do i get the info? just put the mouse above all the sections of the score interface at the end of the game, and you will see a more detailed info about your performance

For fighters, the capture points are broken in 2 sections... attacking and defense points. The info displayed in the panel while in battle show only the points you score in attack. The Aerial targets refers to all the planes shot down, ENEMY, defense aircraft bots and bomber flights. For GAAs, the info while in battle is only about the ground targets that you destroyed... while the endgame shows more, accounting for all the planes you shot down also while in the cap.

All the problems you stated are limitations derived from the scoring display system. When i started playing after a very long break, had the same problems with it... didn't know what is what, struggled to understand why others had rank 5 and i was scoring close to aces and got only rank 2. Took me a whole 2 hours, maybe, to understand it. Even with the regular missions that provide tokens, i can't recall the number of times i was doing them wrong just because i didn't pay attention to the text. Some of them don't even have a game info/counter for the required job.

Would i want a more in-depth score info while in-game, actively tracking the mission that i'm on? Hell yes... on the other hand, that would require some work to provide each client with the info for his particular mission. As it is, the info displayed is there just to reinforce each persons job according to the plane he's flying. Is it that hard of a job to keep track of the mission on your own? I had no problem counting the 15 kills i needed to unlock the Dornier... same for the 8.5k personal points shooting down enemy planes, i'm not 100% sure, but each enemy bot counts for 1k, player might be worth more... 9 kills and you got it in the bag.

My conclusion is, some of the missions require more attention while reading the info... some require a bit of a leg-work from the player to understand the scoring involved in the endgame display... some require a good old fashion count while fighting. Btw, the side mission this weekend was... kill 5 AA guns for a 25% bonus to end-game credits, i went for it in fighters and multiroles, counted 1-2-3-4-5 and after that i got back to the main job of killing other planes or whatever. And i'm sure most of the new players don't know that KILL AA-gun, means only that... KILL THE AA, not the entire gun emplacement, i know that first hand... spent 5 missions during the tokens event to kill the complete ground target, instead of focusing only the AA, just another example of a player reading and not fully understanding the text.

After reading your last message I confirmed your intention was to help the community of players and that is always a very positive approach that should be always supported, thank you mate but I want to explain to you why I feel before in some way insulted.

Now I am almost retired and doing a diferent job but for many years I have been driving very complex and expensive pieces of machinery and many times in my carer I have to make the shift underway, taking the watch and reading very quickly complex manuals of electronics devices to drive that things, after so many years I have develop a knowledge of how to do it.

Furthermore I have been playing from beta to wowp more that 35.000 battles and participating in almost every event in wowp and achiving most of the planes that have been reward of this events.

I mean, I have quite a lot experience READING WOWP EVENT TEXT, in this terms I mean in some way I feel  insulted or maybe disrespected by what you say, the player don’t read the text missions properly.

Your point is right, in many cases, is just like that, “players don’t read well the missions”, but not always, This event has been full of errors, In Spanish version of the game the mission 8 primary for Dornier german plane WG forget to say you should destroy 5 planes with ROCKETS, many players loss a lot of time and some were not able to arrive to mission 9 and WG had not say a word about how to repair the damage.

But the main point it was that it is WG who should be fully commited to provide the community of gamers with absolutely clear rules for the events, and that didn’t happen, has been explained before and despite you made a point that was right, “the terms of the game should be carefully readen”, WG has failed in providing the event with clear rules, so much that the community feel betrayed, upset and disappointed, it this was the intention of WG has been a great success, but I think it was not.

Anyhow I should make clear to everybody that my frustration it is not wit any other member of the community but with WG.

Jonagus.

Jonagus

Troncatore #17 Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 4285 battles
  • [ITA_6] ITA_6

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I tough I was solo in that stupid game....having not reward after completion the Attrition game due to unuseful information !!! Dear colleague...WAT IS WRITE IS WRITE..15 enemy aircraft MEANS THAT...Bot or human THEY can KILL You so if you kill them YOU KILLED ENEMY!!! Or maybe my game was started two minutes before end and finished after that time? WHO KNOS...

PS: During last long game in the past version (Thor hammer if I remember well) I won the Spit V... BUT didn't received the plane but Gold..I refused it and after opening lots of tikets I received the plane.. BUT without pilot with special capability so UNUSEFUL PLANE due to I have the successor!!! Take YOUR's conclusion dear colleague!!

shot_022.jpg

Edited by Troncatore, 27 March 2018 - 11:58 AM.

Also tagged with Westwall, dornier, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users