Stop having bot heavy fighters try ram players

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

bug #1 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5990 battles

When in light fighters, you must break too early, because enemy bot hevy fighters always try to ram.

This is NOT funny.

Edited by bug, 13 April 2018 - 09:32 PM.

CheefCoach #2 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3512 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Don't met them in frontal attacks. 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Dr_Ar_MG #3 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2604 battles

I think they do the right thing... ram attack is a good technic for heavy fighters.so why not

it becomes ridiculous when bot figters and defenders do a Kamikaze. sometimes they ram and suicide ...

about heavy fighters , in 2.0 ,humans need the red aim circle but bots don't. so it means as a human heavy fighter it's hard to aim specially in high tiers. but it has no problem for bots.

when a heavy fighter bot comes for you it's 90% a critical damage while you can evade easily an expert human player who's  with a heavy fighter. and I feel the bots has more chance to hit and give you  critical damage.

I had a battle I did hardly six shots to a bot defeander with my HG III but just 50% damage and no critical damage... you know it well each bullet of a bot heavy fighters means one critical damage and they can hit you easily even when you're turning in the clouds and fog. it's almost impossible for a human player.

brief : 2.0 = make human heavy fighters weaker and make bot heavies stronger.

jnishar #4 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2043 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View Postbug, on 13 April 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

When in light fighters, you must break too early, because enemy bot hevy fighters always try to ram.

This is NOT funny.

Yes... You break away, and while doing that you will try and get on their tail.. it's rather easy in a fighter. And if it, the heavy fighter, should get away via speed, you just try it again when it comes back.. practice practice practice :) and if you should die, you just respawn and try again. Eventually you will learn it.
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

Moerdergrube #5 Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3075 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
why not escape? A heavy can't ram a fighter. :)

omglaserspewpew #6 Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 1871 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Postbug, on 13 April 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

This is NOT funny.

If you're unable to evade a HF in a LF, the problem is on your end, not bot's.

The whole idea that bots should always evade you is beyond stupid. Why don't YOU evade instead?!

bug #7 Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5990 battles

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 15 April 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

If you're unable to evade a HF in a LF, the problem is on your end, not bot's.

The whole idea that bots should always evade you is beyond stupid. Why don't YOU evade instead?!

Why do you think I dont break away? You fail to see the point I am making.

I think that the idea that bot planes should try to ram is beyond stupid. It is so far from reality as it can be.

Edited by bug, 15 April 2018 - 03:47 PM.

drakkanax #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1047 battles
With server lag they manage to ram you a lot earlier than you anticipate. Which is indeed very stupid. Bots actually ram you in a way that should not be possible at least from your piloting point of view. But this game is laggy in all ways so you need to learn to account for that. Human players generally cannot ram you in the same way in my experience, which is another reason I fall to bots sometimes. Those Beaufighters in T5 are awful.

jakub_czyli_ja #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2742 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Funny useless thing - bots don't try to ram planes with rockets :>

So it's intentional.

And each head-on is a prisoner's dilemma. And it could be handled easy - removing reward from ram, then ramming could be done more realistic, and everybody would be more happy.

Maybe except WG, because battles would last a bit longer.

Franco_Scala #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

As frustrating as it is, I can handle it because it's usually easy to avoid if you keep an eye out; though as Drakkanax says, delays/lag can make approach misleading. If in doubt just learn to give a little more room than you need, no need for getting amped up here.

To be honest, it's more frustrating when it's an Allied bot that decides to go full Randy Orton and RKO you out of nowhere. Good game? About to win? About to bag an Akamatsu/McGuire medal? Big pupper sniffs a treat in the other direction so he gonna boost up through your underside because FU.

Edited by NickMustaine, 18 April 2018 - 12:19 PM.

omglaserspewpew #11 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 1871 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Postbug, on 15 April 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Why do you think I dont break away? You fail to see the point I am making.

I think that the idea that bot planes should try to ram is beyond stupid. It is so far from reality as it can be.

1. If players can use the tactic, why shouldn't bots be able to use it too?

2. I fail to see how breaking away makes any problems. You shouldn't be facing HFs frontally in a LF anyway due to their superior firepower. Even if the bot doesn't manage to ram you, you're bound to eat a lot of unnecessary fire. Basically, you should be breaking off in a spiraling pattern the moment he starts sending that bullet stream your way.

GonerNL #12 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:30 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5056 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 13 April 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Don't met them in frontal attacks. 

It's not just frontal attacks, I've been rammed from all sides ... and not just by enemy bots but also friendlies who will let nothing get in their way to make a kill.

bug #13 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5990 battles

After getting up to tier 4-6 it is not a problem anymore. But in tier 2-3 its bad. Dont know if those who refuse to think of it as a problem play lower tiers?

Franco_Scala #14 Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postbug, on 17 April 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

After getting up to tier 4-6 it is not a problem anymore. But in tier 2-3 its bad. Dont know if those who refuse to think of it as a problem play lower tiers?

​Oh, trust me, people play lower tiers. Hundreds and hundreds of hours in lower tiers.

Ed_DeLoach #15 Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

Senior Airman

• 15 battles

View PostDr_Ar_MG, on 13 April 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

I think they do the right thing... ram attack is a good technic for heavy fighters.so why not

it becomes ridiculous when bot figters and defenders do a Kamikaze. sometimes they ram and suicide ...

about heavy fighters , in 2.0 ,humans need the red aim circle but bots don't. so it means as a human heavy fighter it's hard to aim specially in high tiers. but it has no problem for bots.

when a heavy fighter bot comes for you it's 90% a critical damage while you can evade easily an expert human player who's  with a heavy fighter. and I feel the bots has more chance to hit and give you  critical damage.

I had a battle I did hardly six shots to a bot defeander with my HG III but just 50% damage and no critical damage... you know it well each bullet of a bot heavy fighters means one critical damage and they can hit you easily even when you're turning in the clouds and fog. it's almost impossible for a human player.

brief : 2.0 = make human heavy fighters weaker and make bot heavies stronger.

Its a last resort attack, the bots have no sense of danger, that's why they just run over people.  program the bots to want to stay alive like everyone else and this ramming crap will go away.  

Dr_Ar_MG #16 Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2604 battles

View PostEd_DeLoach, on 18 April 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

Its a last resort attack, the bots have no sense of danger, that's why they just run over people.  program the bots to want to stay alive like everyone else and this ramming crap will go away.  

yeah it's good to program bots act like humans, but about heavy fighters ram against light fighter... it's what experienced pilots do. ram attack is a technic and not bad generally. I do it myself when I have high HP plane against light fighters and I saw many professional pilot do it too. so to have heavy fighters bots should ram against light fighters.

but it's bad when.

when they do suicide... it's not wise.

and for humans it's hard to ram but the bots predict your location like an AIM-120 missile and ram you , while it's hard for human heavy fighter to hit even by the guns.

GonerNL #17 Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5056 battles

View PostDr_Ar_MG, on 18 April 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

it's what experienced pilots do. ram attack is a technic and not bad generally.

I disagree .. this game is already unrealistic/arcade enough without bullshit like ramming.

When 2 planes fly into each other at high speed they both go down, unless one is a B-52 and the other is an ultra-light.

Dr_Ar_MG #18 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2604 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 19 April 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

I disagree .. this game is already unrealistic/arcade enough without bullshit like ramming.

When 2 planes fly into each other at high speed they both go down,

I know, your right but ...

imagine there's no ram attack technique in game and both plane destroy in collision

you have a P-47 and your enemy has Spitfire.you're not more maneuvrable you have to go direct and hit but spit fire can evade easily ,turns and takes your tail...

so you attack each other head on, face to face, you never can win this battle.

spitfire comes directly to you and firing (this is what noob players usually do). if you ram him the result is draw and you both die.

if you evade you will lose the chance of close hits also the spitfire is on your tail.

so I know ram attack is not realistic but it makes planes balanced. otherwise for a P-47 against a noob spitfire there are two choice . 1- both die (DRAW) 2- you die (LOSE)

the ram attack will teachs new players they mast evade plane with low maneuver but more HP and firepower.

It might you say P-47 must be able to kill Spitfire before collision in a face to face attack by firepower but remember, many times there's no enough distance and space for that and ram is necessary.

if they remove ram attack noob players do ram against heavy fighters- multiroles- attackers for ever and they never learn evade.also other players do it as a suicide attack when they are low or half HP and nothing to lose...

think about it, without ram attack many tactics will be destroyed.and high maneuver plane become much superior than others.

if you're still not agree...

- go to training room and ask a friend the join you. take a P-47 , F4U ,Fw-190 (specially tier5 one)... and ask your friend to take Spitfire or A7M , Zero fghter and like that.

- do 10 battles or more

-remember you must count all ram attacks as Draw.

-check the result and you will see it's unfair without ram attack for (P-47-F4U and ...)

without ram attack tell me the results:

Ar-65 vs Nakajima Type-91 ?

Skua vs I-16 (late mod.)

Bf 109 vs Fw-190 ?

Me-410 vs P-38 J ?

IL-8 vs Me 265 ?

Spitfire vs A6M ?

some times one plane is higher tier.

Me-262 tier 8 vs Me 1092 ? or even Me 262 HG 2 tier9(stock) VS upgraded Me 1092

A-26 vs Fw-190 D ?

heavy fighters VS high flyer highspeeds ?

and remember you don't have always enough distance to destroy with only guns.

Block Quote

unless one is a B-52 and the other is an ultra-light.

and believe in reality sometimes a bird can make a big plane fall. and don't worry you can go play simulators

View PostEd_DeLoach, on 18 April 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

I'm not a bot, I have sense of danger. and I killed many bots and humans by Ram attack

when you have an Attack aircraft and a heavy fighter is coming to you head on, the only and the best thing to do is trying for a ram attack.

but if it destroys both of you will be too unfair.

I know it's annoying for unskilled players but it's necesarry to make planes balanced

Edited by NickMustaine, 22 April 2018 - 10:46 AM.

jnishar #19 Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2043 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View PostDr_Ar_MG, on 21 April 2018 - 05:26 AM, said:

I know, your right but ...

imagine there's no ram attack technique in game and both plane destroy in collision

you have a P-47 and your enemy has Spitfire.you're not more maneuvrable you have to go direct and hit but spit fire can evade easily ,turns and takes your tail...

so you attack each other head on, face to face, you never can win this battle.

spitfire comes directly to you and firing (this is what noob players usually do). if you ram him the result is draw and you both die.

if you evade you will lose the chance of close hits also the spitfire is on your tail.

so I know ram attack is not realistic but it makes planes balanced. otherwise for a P-47 against a noob spitfire there are two choice . 1- both die (DRAW) 2- you die (LOSE)

the ram attack will teachs new players they mast evade plane with low maneuver but more HP and firepower.

It might you say P-47 must be able to kill Spitfire before collision in a face to face attack by firepower but remember, many times there's no enough distance and space for that and ram is necessary.

if they remove ram attack noob players do ram against heavy fighters- multiroles- attackers for ever and they never learn evade.also other players do it as a suicide attack when they are low or half HP and nothing to lose...

think about it, without ram attack many tactics will be destroyed.and high maneuver plane become much superior than others.

if you're still not agree...

- go to training room and ask a friend the join you. take a P-47 , F4U ,Fw-190 (specially tier5 one)... and ask your friend to take Spitfire or A7M , Zero fghter and like that.

- do 10 battles or more

-remember you must count all ram attacks as Draw.

-check the result and you will see it's unfair without ram attack for (P-47-F4U and ...)

without ram attack tell me the results:

Ar-65 vs Nakajima Type-91 ?

Skua vs I-16 (late mod.)

Bf 109 vs Fw-190 ?

Me-410 vs P-38 J ?

IL-8 vs Me 265 ?

Spitfire vs A6M ?

some times one plane is higher tier.

Me-262 tier 8 vs Me 1092 ? or even Me 262 HG 2 tier9(stock) VS upgraded Me 1092

A-26 vs Fw-190 D ?

heavy fighters VS high flyer highspeeds ?

and remember you don't have always enough distance to destroy with only guns.

and believe in reality sometimes a bird can make a big plane fall. and don't worry you can go play simulators

Well, if you are in p47 and a spitfire goes head to head, and one breakers off, that's where the p47 guy hits the boost button and gets the [edited]away, before the spitfire has made his turn.. that works but only if I hadn't used the boost button seconds before :D
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

Dr_Ar_MG #20 Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2604 battles

View Postjnishar, on 21 April 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Well, if you are in p47 and a spitfire goes head to head, and one breakers off, that's where the p47 guy hits the boost button and gets the [edited]away, before the spitfire has made his turn.. that works but only if I hadn't used the boost button seconds before :D

boost ... oh I didn't know that what's the boost.

:D:D:D:trollface:

yeah you're right. LOL. it's so funny. WG should remove ram attack. ahahahahaha it's so cute.you're right

it will be more funny when it's Bf 109 E vs Fw 190 tier 5 or F2H vs Me 262, or type 91 vs I-5 and so on.

can you please teach me how to use boost  P-47 vs Spitfire in training room ? ( remeber all rams means draw)

Edited by Dr_Ar_MG, 21 April 2018 - 12:31 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users