• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

jnishar #21 Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1691 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View PostDr_Ar_MG, on 21 April 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

boost ... oh I didn't know that what's the boost.

:D:D:D:trollface:

yeah you're right. LOL. it's so funny. WG should remove ram attack. ahahahahaha it's so cute.you're right

it will be more funny when it's Bf 109 E vs Fw 190 tier 5 or F2H vs Me 262, or type 91 vs I-5 and so on.

can you please teach me how to use boost  P-47 vs Spitfire in training room ? ( remeber all rams means draw)

im not exactly sure what you mean. are you sure you understood what i wrote?? :) 
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

Dr_Ar_MG #22 Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1080 battles
  • [TAWV] TAWV

View Postjnishar, on 21 April 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

im not exactly sure what you mean. are you sure you understood what i wrote?? :) 

yeah man, I meant it's not always a P-47 comes from far distance in a direct line with high speed but cool engine and boost.some times it's an IL-40 when it's turning after destroyed a ground target and not enough boost and speed. and I'm sure even with a full boost P-47 (not in high altitude) it's hard to do that. and spitfire can ram and also spitfire can save the boost to follow P-47.and in boom and zoom many times the guns are not enough to kill and you need to ram to finish low stalled plane.

try it in training room with a friend to see, without ram game will be harder for low maneuver planes. ram attack was one of the best ideas in this game .and believe if there was no ramming in this game now someone here complains that why some planes can kill faster another plane ( firepower ) this game is arcade enough. in reality in a dogfight fire power has no matter and the plane which hits another one first is usually the winner. anyway about ram attack I'm agree with WG. the problem is bots can do ram very well, much better than a human and sometimes even if you try to evade they still can hit you.

Edited by Dr_Ar_MG, 21 April 2018 - 05:01 PM.

jnishar #23 Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1691 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View PostDr_Ar_MG, on 21 April 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

yeah man, I meant it's not always a P-47 comes from far distance in a direct line with high speed but cool engine and boost.some times it's an IL-40 when it's turning after destroyed a ground target and not enough boost and speed. and I'm sure even with a full boost P-47 (not in high altitude) it's hard to do that. and spitfire can ram and also spitfire can save the boost to follow P-47.and in boom and zoom many times the guns are not enough to kill and you need to ram to finish low stalled plane.

try it in training room with a friend to see, without ram game will be harder for low maneuver planes. ram attack was one of the best ideas in this game .and believe if there was no ramming in this game now someone here complains that why some planes can kill faster another plane ( firepower ) this game is arcade enough. in reality in a dogfight fire power has no matter and the plane which hits another one first is usually the winner. anyway about ram attack I'm agree with WG. the problem is bots can do ram very well, much better than a human and sometimes even if you try to evade they still can hit you.

thats not quite what i meant.. i meant if a spitfire and a p47 is suddenly facing each other head on, one of the best things p47 can do imo, is to break of just before the spitfire and then press the boost flying slight downwards and away from the spitfire, and hopefully into saftey. :) being that the spitfire is a much much better at turning and the p47 is energy plane, so zoooom away is best .. 

I usually only ram when flying in a gaa and some fool is getting to close behind me.. or in a HF and some dude is comming  at me head on.. 

Take it to the limit.
One more time.

Dr_Ar_MG #24 Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1080 battles
  • [TAWV] TAWV

View Postjnishar, on 21 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

thats not quite what i meant.. i meant if a spitfire and a p47 is suddenly facing each other head on, one of the best things p47 can do imo, is to break of just before the spitfire and then press the boost flying slight downwards and away from the spitfire, and hopefully into saftey. :) being that the spitfire is a much much better at turning and the p47 is energy plane, so zoooom away is best .. 

I usually only ram when flying in a gaa and some fool is getting to close behind me.. or in a HF and some dude is comming  at me head on.. 

I swear the god I got what you said. just try it in training room to see what I mean.

anyway, or you agree with ram system or not  ? this is the subject

jnishar #25 Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1691 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View PostDr_Ar_MG, on 21 April 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

I swear the god I got what you said. just try it in training room to see what I mean.

anyway, or you agree with ram system or not  ? this is the subject

like i wrote. i ram when possible
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

eekeeboo #26 Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3527 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Ramming is a valid mechanic if you use it right. Yes sometimes it's frustrating to be rammed by ai because of the way it calculates various pro's vs cons of the engagement, especially ADA aircraft. You can use those systems to your advantage though with some planes, others... that's RNG for you 

jakub_czyli_ja #27 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1334 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 April 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

Ramming is a valid mechanic if you use it right. Yes sometimes it's frustrating to be rammed by ai because of the way it calculates various pro's vs cons of the engagement, especially ADA aircraft. You can use those systems to your advantage though with some planes, others... that's RNG for you 

It would be better to get rid of frustrating things from game - they are after all a reason that frustrated players leave.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Franco_Scala #28 Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2341 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 22 April 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

It would be better to get rid of frustrating things from game - they are after all a reason that frustrated players leave.

​Heh, some people will never get chance to opine on ramming because they gave up after two days of game crashes and getting seal-clubbed by 'true aviators', 'veterans' and 'pros' in flights at tier 1 and 2. That Hall of Fame slot won't pad itself.

britinmadrid #29 Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

Senior Airman

• 2958 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

It's nice to see that the vast majority of people would like to see ramming gone.

I mean, why do it? You have guns for a reason and ramming always takes away a goodly chunk of your aircraft's HP pool.

It seems to me that ramming is the recourse of poor players who cannot bring their guns to bear - either main or rear. Hur dur!

Edited by britinmadrid, 22 April 2018 - 11:20 AM.

Clean #30 Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3447 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Getting rammed by a heavy bot at the start of game is frustrating, very frustrating. It may be a valid mechanic but at the start of a game when you do your utmost to evade and still get creamed is not fun.

If plebs want to do it then feel free and I will remind them of their lack of skill. I ram myself sometimes deliberately because the smaller craft coming towards me chooses not to defer to me or because of lack of maneuverability. Other times its the last player alive with 2 seconds on the clock.

AI ramming at the start of the game is not valid game play it is bad programming.

jakub_czyli_ja #31 Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1334 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Postbritinmadrid, on 22 April 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

It's nice to see that the vast majority of people would like to see ramming gone.

I mean, why do it? You have guns for a reason and ramming always takes away a goodly chunk of your aircraft's HP pool.

It seems to me that ramming is the recourse of poor players who cannot bring their guns to bear - either main or rear. Hur dur!

Why do it? For the same reason that dog licks its balls - because he can.

And because WG long time ago made retarded decision to reward ram with a frag accounted onto a player's account.

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

eekeeboo #32 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3527 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 22 April 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

If you're on 10hp and you ram an enemy and kill them, then that's a valid tactic. Some things will always frustrate players, it's a pvp style game after all, frustration is part of its core function. 

View Postbritinmadrid, on 22 April 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Refer above, sometimes you need to get a target out of the game as quickly as possible, either your hp or your guns won't do the job quick enough, putting your plane inside another will. 

jakub_czyli_ja #33 Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1334 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 April 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

If you're on 10hp and you ram an enemy and kill them, then that's a valid tactic. Some things will always frustrate players, it's a pvp style game after all, frustration is part of its core function.

Valid tactic because of retarded game mechanic made because such retarded decisions were made.

In-air plane collision usually ends up with both planes destruction.

Of course there were exceptions, like rammed by fighters B-17, but it's a much bigger structural difference than between single and double engine fighter, or careful attack to shred enemy tail with propeller, but not yolo ramming head-on.

Dr_Ar_MG #34 Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1080 battles
  • [TAWV] TAWV

guys, ram is necessary to make plane balanced , and remeber it's an rcade game, if you like real things go play simulators.

without ram attackers and heavy fighters become too weak against fighters.

without ram it's lose or draw always for plane with lower maneuverability vs high maneuver.

and believe if there was no ramming in game, now some new players were complaining that why some planes have more fire power and can kill others in a head on duel ?...

if you think about real things in game, so in reality not lot of diffrences between a tier 4 guns and tier 7. no matter it's Cal.50 or 37 mm cannon when to fighters engaging and who shoots first is the winner. ( yeah 37mm and cal.50 has different effect on ground targets and heavy fighters, but fighter vs fighters, it's like a bullet in the head of a human, no matter 50mm or 13mm). in reality some times a bird can makes a giant airplane fall...

so just learn how to evade rammers.

and WG must add some new codes for bots (if result of rammig is die of the bot,bot evades, if not ... the bot must do the ram but with some inaccuracy)

jakub_czyli_ja #35 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1334 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostDr_Ar_MG, on 23 April 2018 - 03:27 AM, said:

guys, ram is necessary to make plane balanced , and remeber it's an rcade game, if you like real things go play simulators.

No, it doesn't make game balanced. It makes game retarded and frustrating.

Block Quote

without ram attackers and heavy fighters become too weak against fighters.

No.

Ram from behind is not a decision of heavier plane.

From ahead it would be enough to make normal now artificially lowered GAA accuracy against planes.

Block Quote

without ram it's lose or draw always for plane with lower maneuverability vs high maneuver.

No.

It's still win for a plane with more energy accumulated and better energy retention. Have you ever heard about BnZ?

Block Quote

and believe if there was no ramming in game, now some new players were complaining that why some planes have more fire power and can kill others in a head on duel ?...

There should be ramming.

There should be lethal ramming for both sides - as it was in the beginning.

There should be no frag nor any other gratification for mutual ramming to death.

I guarantee you that after 2 weeks everybody would learn to not ram.

Dr_Ar_MG #36 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1080 battles
  • [TAWV] TAWV

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 23 April 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

No, it doesn't make game balanced. It makes game retarded and frustrating.

No.

Ram from behind is not a decision of heavier plane.

From ahead it would be enough to make normal now artificially lowered GAA accuracy against planes.

No.

It's still win for a plane with more energy accumulated and better energy retention. Have you ever heard about BnZ?

There should be ramming.

There should be no frag nor any other gratification for mutual ramming to death.

ok , ok whatever you say... stop this... so we all are agree about changing ramming system, but who cares ?:trollface: WG will continue its way and doesn't care us, LOL

Block Quote

don't guarantee this... I know some players ,after years they still havn't learnt how to play with heavyfighters.

and if you think it, so learn it and do not ram,evade rammers. just it..

and again, ask a friend to join you in training room, you take a low maneuver plane (like Fw-190) and ask him take a maneuver plane (like spitfire or even Bf-109). do some dogfights to feel what will you feel after they change ramming. ( I can help you)

drakkanax #37 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

Senior Airman

• 1047 battles
I'm not against ramming mechanic and the initial question was about BOTS ramming. Bots ramming you in a way that is different then normal players is a problem, because it's handled differently.. Ramming mechanic is a feature.

Clean #38 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3447 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 23 April 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

There should be ramming.

100% agree with this.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users