Tokens - More to do than just Hangars

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Clean #1 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4396 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

I've ground up 318 tokens so far. WG can we have some planes to unlock with them again please.

Token grind is fun  as long as I'm chasing something worthwhile. I don't need hangar space give me something to grind for!

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 483 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Well, iirc, there's an option to spend them on premium time as well.

But yeah, it'd be nice to use them on something other than just those two.

Although my own token count isn't very high yet. :(

jnishar #3 Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1904 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D
If you notice in the hangar, they have more planned with those tokens. 
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

jakub_czyli_ja #4 Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1631 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Postjnishar, on 15 April 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

If you notice in the hangar, they have more planned with those tokens. 

Yeah, plans since years. As well as for for example clans.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

GonerNL #5 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3211 battles

In Skies over Albion you could get loot-crates for tokens, but back then I only had some tokens won in the event itself.

So I specially got some tier VIII planes to be able to get tokens (by completing missions in all 3 classes) and we only had events where you could do nothing with your tokens, but had to get "certificates" ?!

jnishar #6 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1904 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 15 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Yeah, plans since years. As well as for for example clans.

Yes
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

Clean #7 Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4396 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
So no news then? I was hoping RB17 would be available again.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #8 Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1362 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I'd be sooooo in for the RB 17 as a token-unlockable. Really want a tier 8+bomber. 

Other option is to extend the Ju/ Do line, but i doubt that'll happen any time soon

Horcan #9 Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1930 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
Actually RB 17 was token unlockable ( you could buy some crates with a chance to get a mission for the plane inside ) during some event this year. But the mission wasnt easy ( a lot of grind , bit of luck from RNG , or spend some ridiculous amount of tokens to bypass the mission tasks ) .

Isoruku_Yamamoto #10 Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1362 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostHorcan, on 06 June 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Actually RB 17 was token unlockable ( you could buy some crates with a chance to get a mission for the plane inside ) during some event this year. But the mission wasnt easy ( a lot of grind , bit of luck from RNG , or spend some ridiculous amount of tokens to bypass the mission tasks ) .

I know, but i only started playing after :( 

eekeeboo #11 Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3715 battles
I suggest you continue to save your tokens for the upcoming patch, you never know what you might need them for :hiding:

Renwor #12 Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 810 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 June 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

I suggest you continue to save your tokens for the upcoming patch, you never know what you might need them for :hiding:

But thats exactly the point. I would prefer to know what I do need them for.

Not fully true, though, I got Seafang for tokens, which was probably best tokens can buy ever and then  number of crates with more than fair share of gold in them, so no complains from me. I have a use for all tokens.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #13 Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1362 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 June 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Well ill keep saving them up, hope you'll be bringing good news soon :D

eekeeboo #14 Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3715 battles

View PostRenwor, on 06 June 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

But thats exactly the point. I would prefer to know what I do need them for.

Not fully true, though, I got Seafang for tokens, which was probably best tokens can buy ever and then  number of crates with more than fair share of gold in them, so no complains from me. I have a use for all tokens.

If it helps they don't go out of date, or turn moldy. When I can tell you more about what you will need them for, I will pass it on. 

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 06 June 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Well ill keep saving them up, hope you'll be bringing good news soon :D

Good news or bad news, I will be bringing you news! 

Horcan #15 Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1930 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
There cant be a worse event than to put some prizes that can only be reached by "saving" tokens for months before ( like there was the first time with female pilots ). It would be another event that only a select few would have access to and wont bring more people to this game, but rather chase even more away in anger. I do have 150 tokens right now but i will just spend them for a month of premium. If the June patch is some event selling something for tokens, you can just expect some wall of venom from now.

eekeeboo #16 Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:38 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3715 battles

View PostHorcan, on 06 June 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

There cant be a worse event than to put some prizes that can only be reached by "saving" tokens for months before ( like there was the first time with female pilots ). It would be another event that only a select few would have access to and wont bring more people to this game, but rather chase even more away in anger. I do have 150 tokens right now but i will just spend them for a month of premium. If the June patch is some event selling something for tokens, you can just expect some wall of venom from now.

I didn't mention any event or why you would need them. It's a secret and I can't tell you yet. 

Interestingly for you, tokens saved for events are how I have all the female pilots, at least 9 premium aircraft and also why I have over 400 empty barracks slots from loot boxes. Never assume what I'm talking

jakub_czyli_ja #17 Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1631 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 June 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

I didn't mention any event or why you would need them. It's a secret and I can't tell you yet. 

Interestingly for you, tokens saved for events are how I have all the female pilots, at least 9 premium aircraft and also why I have over 400 empty barracks slots from loot boxes. Never assume what I'm talking

One of reasons (not the most important, but still) was such approach.

Hold your breath, something great will come. We won't tell you when, nor what, but it will come and will be great.

Few times players got tricked by that, only to find out that it wasn't so great, it was like a 10% discount on a 100 Euro bundle (with a huge portion of silver), or something like that. Or an action to suck tokens from players' accounts - like one with exponential crates prices.

Maybe new players that came with 2.0 will get tricked, and will decide to hold breath, but all others know, that such declarations mean nothing except the noise.

But thanks to 2.0 weekly missions, 2.0 players don't have much tokens.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

BravelyRanAway #18 Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1817 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Can people hang fire on the moaning and pass judgement after the 'event'. Pre-emptive moaning comes across as very childish.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Renwor #19 Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 810 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 07 June 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Can people hang fire on the moaning and pass judgement after the 'event'. Pre-emptive moaning comes across as very childish.

Hey come on, we are supposed to be moaning. Eke would be really disappointed if nobody took the bait and we all just went past his post.  (just some more empty words)

eekeeboo #20 Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:03 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3715 battles

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 07 June 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

One of reasons (not the most important, but still) was such approach.

Hold your breath, something great will come. We won't tell you when, nor what, but it will come and will be great.

Few times players got tricked by that, only to find out that it wasn't so great, it was like a 10% discount on a 100 Euro bundle (with a huge portion of silver), or something like that. Or an action to suck tokens from players' accounts - like one with exponential crates prices.

Maybe new players that came with 2.0 will get tricked, and will decide to hold breath, but all others know, that such declarations mean nothing except the noise.

But thanks to 2.0 weekly missions, 2.0 players don't have much tokens.

Gaming companies need to control the information that is released for content and things such as patches. You are more than aware of the reasons for this due to technical issues or delays. That is the way it is and will continue to do so until further notice. I am not going to break company rules to share information I am not allowed to, or be goaded into sharing because a person or persons have a desire to know now instead of later. 

I could have said nothing at all, let you spent your tokens and then listened to the complaint about why no one said anything. I have attempted to head-off that point already by letting people know, saving tokens and credits will be beneficial in the upcoming patch. This is something I suggest personally, whether or not you want to follow that advice, that is completely up to you. Right or wrong, generally some people appreciate advice that is given in an attempt to help them out. That is generally, not always as is the case right here. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 07 June 2018 - 09:17 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users