Boom and Zoom 2.0

BnZ Bf 110 E HuiAk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HuiAk #1 Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 1768 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

"Boom and Zoom" is working fine in 2.0,too.This is one of the fastes way to capture.

Dr_Ar_MG #2 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5886 battles

first of all ,GJ.

yes in low tiers it works.specially when you are top tier against defanders and low ties...

and in this map it's possible.no fog no clouds I did it too in this map tier 7 and saw some players do it sometimes..

but it's not boom and zoom, it's actually  hit and run in the high alt with a normal dive (infact wasn't many times dive, max 60 degree )

also in this battle you were chosen as the winner, why ? because bot's didn't try to ram, they always evaded.

also had luck.. no human bothered

anyway... every tactics in 1.9 still is possible to do in 2.0

but

not as well as before

not enjoyable as it was

not effective as it was before

and more problems like ...

in 2.0, you have AA barrage , you have limited time, harder to aim specially high tiers, more chance of critical damage and sometime a critical damage can kill you, less maneuver in high altitude and high speed when you diving.people can respawn and back in high alt with cool engine....and more important than all, if your team didn't play good enough you can't win the battle alone by B&Z

HuiAk #3 Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:21 PM

Senior Airman

• 1768 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

I dont understand your problem. What i know ist that Boom and Zoom (BnZ) is a play style that aims to take advantage of a high energy state. Like converting altitude to max or optimal speed by diving, HIT or destroy the enemy AND avoiding any prolonged fighting (RUN) in order to conserve speed and/or altitude. I done it several times, even BnR and other stuff...

Block Quote

- (infact wasn't many times dive, max 60 degree )

- because bot's didn't try to ram, they always evaded.

So i see...its not true, you did not watch the video until the end (Bot ram happens and over 80 degree diving happens, too)...So why i need a big diving angle, if 60 degree is enough to reached my optimum speed to hit the enemy and get away? I cant find the information were BnZ is difined that is only working with near 90 degree dive angle or something like this. I even "Zoom"-ed away sometimes with approximatly 50 degree. its not smart to climp with a higher degree with this plane, it lose to much energy.

Block Quote

in 2.0, you have AA barrage , you have limited time, harder to aim specially high tiers, more chance of critical damage and sometime a critical damage can kill you, less maneuver in high altitude and high speed when you diving.people can respawn and back in high alt with cool engine....and more important than all, if your team didn't play good enough you can't win the battle alone by B&Z

Isnt it great. Now it is a teamplay game and no one man show anymore (but unfortunately it still is in certain degree for very experinced player with special planes). Right now you need to think a little bit more and pay attention to many things. To hit something, that is what can be learned over time. Unfortunately i dont have the same experience as you did in High Tiers (T9-10 Haevys). BnZ working fine for me especially in Me262HG II.

So OK, maybe im play it wrong.. all the time over all this years...happens. But it working fine for me and i dont want a change ;).

Dr_Ar_MG #4 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5886 battles

no, I didn't say you played wrong or bad, it was a perfect battle, and I watched the video...

I just said the B&Z is some thing else... when you see your team is playing bad, you go up as much as possible , wait, then dive and and climb , it's usually more than 60 degree and other planes stalls behind your tail and you loop , back and kill them them and again. yeah there's no definition which tells dive must be more than any special angle ... but B&Z should makes them stall if they chase you.

many of your kills was just a hit in a -50 degree and chase , or run ...I can't say it wasn't B&Z some of them was, some something between B&Z and hit and run , and many not. I DO NOT SAY YOU PLAYED BAD, it was perfect.

and as I told, B&Z  is possible ,but harder...if you like it in 2.0, good for you, enjoy.

HuiAk #5 Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

Senior Airman

• 1768 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Block Quote

I just said the B&Z is some thing else... when you see your team is playing bad, you go up as much as possible , wait, then dive and and climb , it's usually more than 60 degree and other planes stalls behind your tail and you loop , back and kill them them and again. yeah there's no definition which tells dive must be more than any special angle ... but B&Z should makes them stall if they chase you.

If im not mistaken, i think you mean the Hammerhead (or something similar): Going full speed up in vertical (something between 90-70 degree), the enemy with lower energy follow you. If you see the enemy is stalling or you are yourself near stall, you put a 180 degree turn. Then you nose is facing downstairs (-90 degree) in to direction to the openent. The enemy is standing still in the air and an easy target. you finish him of and you regenerate your speed automaticaly. Then repeat.....and so on.

in 1.X,the heavys were so OP that they rarely stalled in this maneuver (thx to the magic item what give you back 50% boost or so). So you just need only to watch your enemy, is he is beginning to stall ... then turn.

There is no rule in BnZ that say, the enemy should stall if they chase you. Only that the attacked enemy should not catch you if you do it right (chance are low, of course they are lucky hits and rockets). So you can regroup and maybe start an other attack , or pick other targets.

Edited by HuiAk, 23 April 2018 - 08:57 PM.

Dr_Ar_MG #6 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5886 battles

yeah something  like this- but I think the picture is about dive bombing ... (Ju-87 Stuka tactic)

I mean this, it was B&Z in 1.9

Spoiler

apologize for bad reply, it was because my low ping sometimes you see the bullets and aim are not in a same direction. ( my ping bug)

Edited by Dr_Ar_MG, 23 April 2018 - 09:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users