Albion asymetrical

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

deaxter_hero #1 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2524 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Is it just me or is Albion, Wings of war asymmetrical map (Plant vs Command Center) one of the most broken maps? WG please STOP this experiment that I believe does not work. Stop this asymmetrical nonsense. It is truly asymmetrical in win chance I believe. If I am wrong, please provide us with hard winrate data of these maps proving that they are just fine and balanced. In the meantime if you spawn close to plant, then gl.  

Edited by deaxter_hero, 02 July 2018 - 11:46 AM.

Something for 1.9 stats nerds ;) ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ---- Fighter (37%) Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)

Clean #2 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
Totally agree with you.

CheefCoach #3 Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1679 battles
Those maps aren't balanced. Maybe team in some competition with heavy fighters designated to attack bombers flights can have advantages from plant vs. command centers. 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Horcan #4 Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1955 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
Also for low tiers they should keep in mind that those planes doesnt have speed, and some games are won by whouever cap the important base, like that one with 2 garrisons and an airport placed in triangle shape. Whoever win that airport in first minute will win the game, since every plane in that team that die can respawn right there again in the middle of the fight, while the other team respawn all the way in the corner where they start. With the speed of the planes cap will be at 50% before you arrive at airport for the 2nd time.

jakub_czyli_ja #5 Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1631 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
And nobody gives a EDIT, because "you can be spawned in that favored team as well, so stop complain".

Edited by Vaigl_cz, 29 June 2018 - 10:08 AM.
vulgarism

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Horcan #6 Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1955 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

Yes you i right , i for one i took the "not give a EDIT" to the point where if a game proves to be a loss in first two minutes ( either by unfair distribution of skilled humans or different type of planes, for example i have many games where i was first in my team with a tier 3 fighter with 2 7.7 machine guns, while the best human on the other side was tier 4 heavy german, mine being a bot, or flight vs no flight , or strange capping during game where bases keep turing red in a matter of seconds no matter you own everyone around you ), i just exit battle. And i bet everyone not caring about statistics is tempted to do that or at least is frustrated as fcuk. With most daily missions requiring win , i just refuse to waste time finishing a game that is a sure loss, i rather exit and start a new game.Economy is broken as hell and somehow even playing like this millions continue to pile .

Edited by Vaigl_cz, 29 June 2018 - 10:09 AM.
vulgarism

SiboSnakeEyes #7 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:43 AM

Senior Airman

• 3714 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
I agree those unbalanced maps are so frustrating to play when you get the wrong side. PLEASE remove them from the map pool. I'd put good money that the win rate from the command centre side is above 85%, which is just crazy.

deaxter_hero #8 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2524 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
This map again today. Spawned close to Mining Plants. Loss again. 

Something for 1.9 stats nerds ;) ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ---- Fighter (37%) Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)

eekeeboo #9 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

Other thread deaxter, your answer awaits! 

For others, keep the thread civil and follow rules. No grey line walking! 

deaxter_hero #10 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2524 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
First victory on this map today despite being on the "wrong" side. It seems to me that the bomber approach path to plants has been changed and therefore one can more effectively protect the plant, do you have the same feeling?  I was busy on other side of the map fighting in the middle and for Command Centers with light fighter but I believe this has changed. 

dUG1 #11 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3026 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Why?

WG said they are fun and engaging and "community wants to have them" :great:

eekeeboo #12 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

From the patch notes for 2.0.5 on the portal page: 

Game Locations

• Disabled the following map layouts for further improvements: "Albion: Balance of Forces", "Alpine Gambit: Vertical", and "Peripheral Mission: Foreign Land"
  • Changed the balance for the map layout "Northern Bridgehead: Cold Skies"
  • Increased the battle tier for the map layout "Archipelago: Stumbling Block" to VII–IX
  • Increased the battle tier for the map layout "Arctic Region: Ancient Hills" to II–IV

bangash #13 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:22 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 1457 battles
Yesterday i encounter such map 4 times where PLANT was on my side and lost it every time.

jakub_czyli_ja #14 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1631 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

I thought that nothing will surprise me, but when one plant on one side is too few: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

What the EDIT is wrong with these people?

Edited by Vaigl_cz, 29 June 2018 - 10:10 AM.
vulgarism

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Franco_Scala #15 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 14 June 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

I thought that nothing will surprise me, but when one plant on one side is too few: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

I'm beginning to suspect they might be aliens. Or from another Bizzarro dimension where everything is or means the opposite. Good is bad, boring is fun, needlessly complicated snooze grind and no actual fixes is engaging new update etc

Edited by Vaigl_cz, 29 June 2018 - 10:11 AM.
edit quote

houghtonbee #16 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1000 battles

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 14 June 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Retarded map making, quite simply.

Edited by Vaigl_cz, 29 June 2018 - 10:11 AM.
edit quote

CheefCoach #17 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1679 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 14 June 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

Retarded map making, quite simply.

They are testing it and we are giny pigs. Essentially there is no server, we all play on one giant test server. 

Minining plant is more powerful than command center if you have heavy fighter who would attack incoming flight of bombers. HF isn't necessary if you have smart enough teammates who would go and attack bomber. Problem is that people are lazy or stupid. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

jakub_czyli_ja #18 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1631 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostCheefCoach, on 15 June 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Minining plant is more powerful than command center if you have heavy fighter who would attack incoming flight of bombers. HF isn't necessary if you have smart enough teammates who would go and attack bomber. Problem is that people are lazy or stupid. 

Problem is also if you are the only human in [edited]team, and all bots are unable to capture nor destroy anything.

Just had such situation, ob course at minim plant side. After siege of one plant red team had airfield and command center, then got another airfield and enemy human started to cap plant.

Of course no bot even bothered to attack him.

invader_from_mars #19 Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

Senior Airman

• 1620 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 15 June 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

They are testing it and we are giny pigs. Essentially there is no server, we all play on one giant test server. 

No my friend, its not about "lazy or stupid" players, its all about failed map design. But if you think Mining plant is stronger, i wish you to spawn that side all the time, and enjoy those "powerful plants" :) BTW that map still exist, dear eekeeboo could you do something please. The 99% winrate for the CC side isnt remarkable?

britinmadrid #20 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3940 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 26 June 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

No my friend, its not about "lazy or stupid" players, its all about failed map design. But if you think Mining plant is stronger, i wish you to spawn that side all the time, and enjoy those "powerful plants" :) BTW that map still exist, dear eekeeboo could you do something please. The 99% winrate for the CC side isnt remarkable?

I think the map is called, "Trump Card". I played it five minutes ago from the Mining Plant side. You know what happened - we lost. Will it be fixed? No.

We are wasting our time typing anything on these forums as nothing ever happens. Changes come without testing or consultation, suggestions are ignored, requests for map alterations or bug fixes are not actioned...

Just ignore the forum as it seems to serve no purpose at all.

Please...remove...Trump Card...from...the...map...rotation.

*watch this space*

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users