Jump to content


STOP those broken asymmetrical maps

Albion asymetrical

  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Moerdergrube #21 Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:16 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2994 battles
  • 392
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    10-13-2017
I like these map and i win both sides. Asymetric Maps needs listen to your GAs. You lose vs CC, cause either all hunt bombers or noone. 1 heavy or high fighter is enough. Rest is GAs job, but this is theory, cause most human dont attack bombers - no XP. Noone can help selfish players.

klbergmen #22 Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:19 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2565 battles
  • 69
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View PostMoerdergrube, on 27 June 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

but this is theory, cause most human dont attack bombers - no XP. Noone can help selfish players.

 

Really, bombers don't give xp ?

Moerdergrube #23 Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:28 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2994 battles
  • 392
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    10-13-2017

View Postklbergmen, on 27 June 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

 

Really, bombers don't give xp ?

Not as many as when you stay low.



klbergmen #24 Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2565 battles
  • 69
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

Ah you mean human/bot bombers, not the attack flights of 5 bombers.

 

In higher tiers there are planes that can go up, quickly kill the bombers and then go on. Sometimes I even don't manage to go down anymore because they come back so quickly. But in lower tiers with most planes its not even worth to bother if a bomber is high enough.

 

 

Does anybody know if it's worth shooting attack flights after they dropped their bombs ? (when you don't see the distance to them anymore and they are not marked on the map). Do they still count as kills or is this a wast of time ?

About the maps: I hope WG is making statistics about winrates on each map and acts accordingly. Off course I don't know if they do.



zen_monk_ #25 Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 2420 battles
  • 517
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postklbergmen, on 27 June 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Does anybody know if it's worth shooting attack flights after they dropped their bombs ? (when you don't see the distance to them anymore and they are not marked on the map). Do they still count as kills or is this a wast of time ?

About the maps: I hope WG is making statistics about winrates on each map and acts accordingly. Off course I don't know if they do.

 

Not sure about kills but they bring XP (you can see the counter on the right side going up for damage dealt). I guess they go into kills too.

Tested, they do count as kills too.
 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #26 Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1375 battles
  • 194
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2015
Sure, but they do bring in relatively little for the time it takes to farm them- unless you take the Me262 series, which has turbo, stronk guns and rockets (one of the few things it excels at, really). 
In a US fighter for instance it takes about a minute to climb up, then to shoot them all costs 2-3, while you may die on turret fire if you're not paying attention & it only brings 5 bot kills. 
You could also be shooting 8-10 planes in that timeframe

(Rough estimates all)

zen_monk_ #27 Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:35 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 2420 battles
  • 517
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I fly US heavies mostly. They have the climb and firepower and speed... if I feel like it, it's Ace every time.

GonerNL #28 Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3211 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View Postzen_monk_, on 28 June 2018 - 04:18 AM, said:

Tested, they do count as kills too.

 

Confirmed. Also tried it out.

But just like white defense planes, they do not count for missions that say 'kill 15 enemy planes' or 'get 400 personal points shooting down enemy planes' ... only regular red planes count for that.


Edited by GonerNL, 28 June 2018 - 02:03 PM.


Clean #29 Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • 147
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Another loss on this map Albion:Wings Of War. Spawn point on Mining Plant side.

 

Why is this map in the rotation?

 

Enemy wins airbase before I can even get in the circle, no lie! They win the Command Center within 30 seconds of that and the bomber flight is up almost immediately. The bomber flight starts from the top left corner above the Mine. So it has very little time to arrive and less time for us to defend. A human player in a Mosquito kills most of the first wave and the second wave spawns straight away. In the mean time all the enemy are attacking the Mine as they hold all other bases. Britinmadrid caps the Command Center as they cap our Mine. I cap the Airfield. Our bomber flight starts from the bottom right corner, WTF! Not only is it slower to generate it has to fly a full map length to get to the Mine. Naturally we lost despite having much better PP then the other team.

 

I had the same map earlier in the day and lost to a 34% and 49% player. We had triple their points.

 

CM please listen and get these maps off the rotation NOW! Players are rage quitting at the start. If you really care about saving the game then start listening and act. Anyone in this thread defending asymmetrical is a MORON flat out, stop trolling. So many things wrong with this game that should be fixed but this is simple, GET IT SORTED NOW!



eekeeboo #30 Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3718 battles
  • 1,195
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostClean, on 28 June 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

 

 

I understand your frustration, but you have to understand this is a decision not made by myself. Feedback was passed on a week ago, I can do no more other than what I have on the issue. Further to that, such actions take time to be put in place. With the bugs and other issues in the game, there is a priority on other tasks first also. 

 

I would also ask for you to find a more constructive way to vent frustrations than insulting people whom, like myself have no issue with asymmetrical maps because I enjoy the challenge. 



klbergmen #31 Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2565 battles
  • 69
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View Posteekeeboo, on 29 June 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

 

I understand your frustration, but you have to understand this is a decision not made by myself. Feedback was passed on a week ago, I can do no more other than what I have on the issue. Further to that, such actions take time to be put in place. With the bugs and other issues in the game, there is a priority on other tasks first also.

 

I would also ask for you to find a more constructive way to vent frustrations than insulting people whom, like myself have no issue with asymmetrical maps because I enjoy the challenge.

 

I agree with you about asymetrical maps, I think that having only symmetrical maps would be very boring.

i do not agree about the effort for Action - that's only a list that has to be changed.

Serious question: Is anybody checking winrates of maps ? I guess if not you will not be allowed to tell us...

Its not just the win rate, its also important what kind of planes the humans on each side are flying.



eekeeboo #32 Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3718 battles
  • 1,195
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postklbergmen, on 29 June 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

 

 

Winrates on maps are being checked, there were some maps removed from the pool because the percentage of wins vs losses to each side. I don't think other data is taken into account overall. 

deaxter_hero #33 Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:34 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 2524 battles
  • 108
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

View Posteekeeboo, on 14 June 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

From the patch notes for 2.0.5 on the portal page: 

 

Game Locations

  • Disabled the following map layouts for further improvements: "Albion: Balance of Forces", "Alpine Gambit: Vertical", and "Peripheral Mission: Foreign Land"
  • Changed the balance for the map layout "Northern Bridgehead: Cold Skies"
  • Increased the battle tier for the map layout "Archipelago: Stumbling Block" to VII–IX
  • Increased the battle tier for the map layout "Arctic Region: Ancient Hills" to II–IV

 

Hi Eekee, they still have not remove the MOST broken map imho, Albion - Wings of War, Conquest. Just played it. Lost again. Very frustrating experience. This is the map this thread is about. Both map designs, one with one plant vs CC and second with two plants vs two CCs are broken. The enemy bombers flights spawn too close to the plant.

Edited by deaxter_hero, 29 June 2018 - 11:55 PM.

 Something for 1.9 stats nerds ;) ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ---- Fighter (37%) Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)


britinmadrid #34 Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3940 battles
  • 111
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    06-17-2012

View Postdeaxter_hero, on 29 June 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Hi Eekee, they still have not remove the MOST broken map imho, Albion - Wings of War, Conquest. Just played it. Lost again. Very frustrating experience. This is the map this thread is about. Both map designs, one with one plant vs CC and second with two plants vs two CCs are broken. The enemy bombers flights spawn too close to the plant.

 

This!

 

An entire thread boils down to the fact that many more players criticise these two maps than those who like them.

 

The feedback has been passed on - fair enough - and now we arrive to the acid test: how long (if at all) will it take the Devs to respond the repeated and passionate feedback from the customer base?



Clean #35 Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:34 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • 147
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 29 June 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

I would also ask for you to find a more constructive way to vent frustrations than insulting people whom, like myself have no issue with asymmetrical maps because I enjoy the challenge. 

 

deaxter-hero here is your problem. Apparently impossible and broken are a challenge for someone else. We are wasting our time with comments here. There is no reasoning.



eekeeboo #36 Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3718 battles
  • 1,195
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostClean, on 30 June 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

 

deaxter-hero here is your problem. Apparently impossible and broken are a challenge for someone else. We are wasting our time with comments here. There is no reasoning.

 

There is a difference between this response and your previous post which broke forum rules; "Anyone in this thread defending asymmetrical is a MORON flat out". I like the challenge of some maps and will regularly win on them. The difference with reasoning is you can reason with a person by acknowledging different perspectives. Not stating yours is the only perspective that is valid and everyone else is wrong. 

 

The maps with the funkiest win rate disparity on each side were removed or changed. Those deemed statistically average, were kept in and remain. All maps get looked at and changed or removed if they need to be. 



zen_monk_ #37 Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 2420 battles
  • 517
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 July 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

The maps with the funkiest win rate disparity on each side were removed or changed. Those deemed statistically average, were kept in and remain.

 

So it is your fault after all! Here, you blatantly admit:

 

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 July 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

 I like the challenge of some maps and will regularly win on them.


:trollface:



eekeeboo #38 Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3718 battles
  • 1,195
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postzen_monk_, on 02 July 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

 

 

Quite possibly :hiding:

 

I haven't checked my winrates on the maps, I will see what I can do in future. But I know some people who regularly have issue have been on the other side when i carried the game on some maps and was asked how they lost. While i was farming their GAA and bombers and not being harassed at all :D 



Clean #39 Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:27 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • 147
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 July 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

 

There is a difference between this response and your previous post which broke forum rules; "Anyone in this thread defending asymmetrical is a MORON flat out". I like the challenge of some maps and will regularly win on them. The difference with reasoning is you can reason with a person by acknowledging different perspectives. Not stating yours is the only perspective that is valid and everyone else is wrong. 

 

The maps with the funkiest win rate disparity on each side were removed or changed. Those deemed statistically average, were kept in and remain. All maps get looked at and changed or removed if they need to be. 

 

Now that replays are working perhaps you can show us a gem where you are spawned on the wrong side versus two humans and bots without the use of a heavy fighter. I'd like to see how you can capture a Command Center from the wrong side whilst defending your Mine from bomber flights spawning a short distance away. I am very sceptical.

deaxter_hero #40 Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 2524 battles
  • 108
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013
Hi, so from what I understood the Albion - Wings of War, Conquest has balanced winn ratio of about 50%/50% for both sides. Then mistake is on my side and I am doing something wrong tactically. So let us discuss tactics. So far it seems to me the key is not to capture Plant first, but to capture the airfield first as enemy bomber flight can not take it in one go (unlike the Plant). So that buys you some time. The question is about step two and three i.e. what to capture next (CC or Plant) and what to defend next. What are your views guys?

Edited by deaxter_hero, 02 July 2018 - 11:40 AM.

 Something for 1.9 stats nerds ;) ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ---- Fighter (37%) Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users