Albion asymetrical

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #41 Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:28 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View Postdeaxter_hero, on 02 July 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

The trick is to see how quickly they're going to swing the factory. Look at their planes :D The airfield is usually a pass by quick cap. If you can kill 1-2 targets at least then leeroy charge the factory to slow them down. Let your team finish capping airfield and you can respawn faster. Now if you can take out the enemy gaa over the factory first (Don't go in there any sooner) and then use them to cap. Kill all GAA, go to airfield, wait for enemy GAA to respawn and go into the cap, go back kill them and go back to the airfield etc :D

View PostClean, on 02 July 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

The big thing is what you're in, what the enemy is in etc. Here's hoping i can upload a few replays. 

Clean #42 Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Posteekeeboo, on 02 July 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

The trick is to see how quickly they're going to swing the factory. Look at their planes :D The airfield is usually a pass by quick cap. If you can kill 1-2 targets at least then leeroy charge the factory to slow them down. Let your team finish capping airfield and you can respawn faster. Now if you can take out the enemy gaa over the factory first (Don't go in there any sooner) and then use them to cap. Kill all GAA, go to airfield, wait for enemy GAA to respawn and go into the cap, go back kill them and go back to the airfield etc :D

The big thing is what you're in, what the enemy is in etc. Here's hoping i can upload a few replays. 

It's a pity I cannot post my replay as I had to do a clean install of my PC. Read my earlier post again and ignore the moron bit. Of course what plane you are in has an effect. I was in a Yak 9U the enemy had capped the airfield before I could get in the circle. My flight was in an IL8 and went straight to the Command Center the rest was in the bots hands.

You cannot control what bots do and I strongly believe that the bots are rigged in low bob players favour. I have seen a bot heavy follow a flight of bombers across other maps many a time and not shoot one down, what is the point of that?

In Albion the bombers spawn very close to the Mine which is completely imbalanced. I have only lost once from the South side. A lot of humans were involved. They held two bases including the Mine. A very good player in an F94 held the bomber flight at bay which is one of a few planes capable of doing it at that distance.

I have won from the wrong side employing the same tactics because I was in a heavy fighter and there were more humans on either side. A solo flight is limited, I cannot be in two places at once and the bomber line start point is completely ridiculous.

I want parity and fairness. The maps quoted are blatantly flawed as are the bots. I will eat my hat with salt if the win rate is 50/50.

The map that was removed was obvious to blind man with no hands, stick or a dog and cotton wool in his ears to be broken. The team to the South would win with superiority within moments. How can one team defend against 2 flights, 1 team and at the same try and capture enemy territory. It was a disaster. Divide that by 2 and you have the current problem.

If you look at the Archipelegos (excuse spelling), not a fun map for low tiers. Once again if you are in the wrong side and have the wrong plane you cannot counter the bomber flight and rely on bots and humans. The mitigating factor is that the bomber flight starts from the top of the map and is slow. You have time to attack the Command Center albeit difficult.

So at the very least get WG to think about where the bomber line starts from on Albion.

Does anyone know how Heineken would design maps?

eekeeboo #43 Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostClean, on 02 July 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

Does anyone know how Heineken would design maps?

With beer goggles?

Clean #44 Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Third game today Albion: Wings of War I'm in a Beaufighter bottom tier and a loss to superiority again. As soon as the Command Center is capped the bombers are out straight away. I had just capped the Mine while the rest of the team tackle the airfield. I managed to shoot one bomber down after stalling out to get up the them. The next flight has already spawned by the time I turn around they are already beyond halfway, I shoot down 3 and the 4th as he drops his bombs. The rest of the team had already lost the airfield as well. Game over.

Players on both sides are all 40-50% less than 1000 battles.

Broken.

eekeeboo #45 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostClean, on 02 July 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Third game today Albion: Wings of War I'm in a Beaufighter bottom tier and a loss to superiority again. As soon as the Command Center is capped the bombers are out straight away. I had just capped the Mine while the rest of the team tackle the airfield. I managed to shoot one bomber down after stalling out to get up the them. The next flight has already spawned by the time I turn around they are already beyond halfway, I shoot down 3 and the 4th as he drops his bombs. The rest of the team had already lost the airfield as well. Game over.

Players on both sides are all 40-50% less than 1000 battles.

Broken.

Have you tried to go for the command center first? focus on killing planes killing ADA first, then steal ADA when you need to. 

Clean #46 Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
I know how to play the map is broken.

eekeeboo #47 Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:33 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostClean, on 03 July 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

I know how to play the map is broken.

I didn't say you didn't know how to play, I asked you if you had tried a certain tactic on a map you are clearly having issues with. 

Clean #48 Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

I found the question insulting. Of course I have done that hence my post in the first place.

Why not publish the actual WR for each map at each spawn point. Why not show in game which players are bots and their skill levels so we can see that teams are fairly distributed. Let us have some open transparency of this game.

To be honest a lot of your answers are coming across as smug and condescending. Rather than telling me and all others how good a player you are just give me the server statistics. Prove your points with cold facts.

You are clearly intelligent and an experienced master of the game. Fending off legitimate claims and queries with subtle belittling is unworthy.

I read in another thread you advocating fail flights and that you have flown T5 in a T8 game. How irresponsible and ludicrous is that comment coming from a CM? You accepted that it was an oversight, would it have not been simpler and easier to say that you would ask WG to fix it?

Please when possible answer the questions with known facts and if you don't know the answer then ask WG who does and relay them. Smudging and fending off with your own opinions when a straight answer can be given leads to frustration and mistrust.

eekeeboo #49 Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:33 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostClean, on 03 July 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

First thing: I have noticed you have moved to personal attacks once again, I've warned you previously about this, I will not do so again. 

You chose to see an insult where there is none, especially with regards to you having previously stated " I'd like to see how you can capture a Command Center from the wrong side whilst defending your Mine from bomber flights spawning a short distance away. I am very sceptical. " Perhaps you forgot this part?

So I was asking if you had tried it and the next question is. How and with what planes? 

When you are finding a difficult part of "the" or "a" game, you do not blame the game and expect it to get better. You look at what you can change, you learn and adapt and improve. Or at least that's what I have always done, perhaps that is where we differ? 

As for "fail flights" If a person pulls their weight, then what's wrong with it? If a person is able to perform better in a tier 5 in a tier 8 game, than the player in a tier 8 plane on the enemy team, at what stage in time does that affect your game-play? 

The fact is, if you are having a difficulty with winning on a map, when the people in charge of balancing maps deem it acceptable, then you need to take a cold hard look at what you can do to improve. Just like on any other map, if you keep losing, change what you're doing. Don't blame the map, the players, the planes and everything else under the sun, rather than accept responsibility. 

My job as CM is to continue to be a player and give you my opinion. I am a person and personality who is able to communicate between yourselves and WG, I am responsible for being a representative of both the player base and that of WG ethos. 

Clean #50 Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

So I challenge you and you threaten me with a ban. The fact that I do not believe what you are saying is true is hardly a personal attack. You could easily settle this by posting server statistics etc. It has been noticed by many throughout this forum that you have failed to give any direct answers.

You are stonewalling with personal opinion rather than give me what I want to know. I didn't start this thread, I supported it's claims. I am a paying customer in this game and it is my right to question how it works. Now as far as I am concerned I have not been directly rude to you. I challenged your views and asked for facts. Being sceptical is not rude.

My interpretation of your behaviour is sound. Your tactic with most people is passive aggressive and to reiterate, reiterate, reiterate. I defended you as CM. Don't judge a book until you have read it. Others have been openly aggressive towards you and questioned your motives. Now I can be quite toxic in game, but in this forum I have not as far as I can remember attacked anyone.

I started a thread 6 months ago about crashes in game and very, very little progress has been made. You popped up in that thread at the start defending the developers to the hilt. You carry on that mantle as CM firewalling all queries. I'm not looking for an argument with you I'm looking for answers from the people hiding behind you. Transparency is not part of this company's ethos. I'm sure I am not the only one who has noticed a fluctuation in the ferocity of AA and AD in the last couple of months. Yet we are not told about this for example.

I usually don't frequent forums because they are filled with trolls but I made an exception for this game because I like it and I think that there is a future if it is dealt with properly. In the 6 months approximately I have played on full premium account and spent several hundred euros on premium planes I feel justified in having a whinge. However I think that I have come to the conclusion that I am wasting my time.

As for failed flights, your stance is absurd, truly.

As a customer if you want to ban me for making an open appraisal of your work and challenging your answers then go ahead. I think I will stick to reading this forum from now on. If you do ban me, I and others, will regard it as censorship rather than warranted. I stand by my comments in this open forum and will let others judge us.

Edited by Clean, 04 July 2018 - 03:20 PM.

bug #51 Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 2592 battles

Back to the topic of this post. I stay out of the personal fight.

I very much agree that some maps are too uneven, especially if you are on a bot team and are in a slow or low ceiling plane (unable to climb effective) or in a low tier fighter.

If the reason for these maps to still be here is that it is 50% chance to get on the "right" team, and not because the stat for the map show both sides have equal win rate, it is sort of lack of respect of the "fair play" idea, irritating for players trying to win by playing better than the other teams players. Its like giving white chess player both queens, or give one football team a much smaller goal than the other, saying it is even because they will change sides eventually. Not a way to humor players in the long run.

Edited by bug, 04 July 2018 - 06:53 PM.

Franco_Scala #52 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 July 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

First thing: I have noticed you have moved to personal attacks once again, I've warned you previously about this, I will not do so again. 

You chose to see an insult where there is none, especially with regards to you having previously stated " I'd like to see how you can capture a Command Center from the wrong side whilst defending your Mine from bomber flights spawning a short distance away. I am very sceptical. " Perhaps you forgot this part?

So I was asking if you had tried it and the next question is. How and with what planes? 

When you are finding a difficult part of "the" or "a" game, you do not blame the game and expect it to get better. You look at what you can change, you learn and adapt and improve. Or at least that's what I have always done, perhaps that is where we differ? 

As for "fail flights" If a person pulls their weight, then what's wrong with it? If a person is able to perform better in a tier 5 in a tier 8 game, than the player in a tier 8 plane on the enemy team, at what stage in time does that affect your game-play? 

The fact is, if you are having a difficulty with winning on a map, when the people in charge of balancing maps deem it acceptable, then you need to take a cold hard look at what you can do to improve. Just like on any other map, if you keep losing, change what you're doing. Don't blame the map, the players, the planes and everything else under the sun, rather than accept responsibility. 

My job as CM is to continue to be a player and give you my opinion. I am a person and personality who is able to communicate between yourselves and WG, I am responsible for being a representative of both the player base and that of WG ethos. 

Sorry Eekeeboo, I'm gonna have to wade in here.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see you've finally stopped pulling this nonsense with me...but if that means you just pulling it out on somebody else then I'm gonna have to step in and remind you that regardless of what your job title is, or who you are (or think you are), we're not going to be taking this sort of nonsense from you or anybody else at WG.

It's not just you, Eek, WG have always been pretty clueless when it comes to customer service. Whether it's a cultural thing or just that the company developed rapidly without needing to consider it, then got stuck this way.....I don't know. I will reiterate however, this is not a good way to handle customer service, customer relations or public relations....regardless of what title they've given you. If they haven't taught you properly, that's sad, you'll have to learn trial by fire.

Now, let's see if we can get some sense out of this in three Socratic steps:

1) Is it wise to pour kerosene on unintentional fires?

2) Rocking up and implying there wouldn't be an issue if only people would follow your example in terms of both skill and attitude; could this be insulting and snarky?

3) Is being insulting and snarky with aggravated customers a from of pouring kerosene on fires?

…….are we getting there yet? Or do I, or somebody else suitably qualified, need to do some in-house training for you and the other staff on customer service and brand reputation protection?

Now, you can return back to the 'I'm also a player who can voice his opinions' thing if you want, we can also tell you that's a really bad idea if it means you arguing with customers and hinting at punitive action when you feel insecure.

Edited by Franco_Scala, 05 July 2018 - 05:16 AM.

eekeeboo #53 Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostClean, on 04 July 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

It's not a challenge, it's how you do it. Note not once I have threatened to ban you, not once have I insulted you or called you a liar or questioned your integrity. Can you say the same, please refer to the forum rules. 

As i said previously I won't be goaded into posting "simple server statistics, especially when I'm not at liberty to do so. I'm not sure at what stage of this sentence you are finding confusing, I don't make this decisions, this is made elsewhere and I follow the decision, right or wrong. It has been fed back to developers and others the desire for server numbers, that's all that can be done. That is the way it is and you simply have to accept that. 

For personal attacks, moving 1 page back: 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

I asked you what you have tried and this was your response. Your question was rhetorical and not genuine that then leads to the following: 

Spoiler

The fact if give you my opinion and how I perform and the actions I do to not have issue with the game you then attack my character and method of communication because you want me to post server stats (Something I have REPEATEDLY told you will not happen and I cannot do.)

Spoiler

Legitimate claims of bot fixing and rigging I queried and asked about. Despite already knowing the answer I got the answer from the developers themselves. And instead of acknowledging this answer you choose to disregard it and continue your earlier stance. 

Spoiler

You again insult my opinion, approach and integrity. You don't acknowledge anything I said in the post or thread about it, you simply jumped on the fact I said I had done it and I see that it's not always a bad thing. You don't even acknowledge I stated it was something re-introduced and was put in feedback and already passed on. The fact I had already pointed this out and you still don't acknowledge it, but continue with your current rhetoric. 

Spoiler

When I am able to give facts and pass them on I do, I do not decide what facts I can and cannot pass on. I will tell you when I cannot pass them on. And further "Just do it", isn't going to work. I repeat, for the millionth time. I do not decide what can and cannot be passed on, repeatedly asking for them does not change this. I give you straight answers and you still mistrust. I'm not sure at what stage you want the world to be perfect and full of shiny roses and rainbows?

Your further comments of "changes to AA ferocity" I asked the developers, the statement was no change. You still don't accept this, despite me telling you it's not in the patch notes, despite developers telling me it's not changed. You still don't want to accept this? You have transparent information there, but because it's not what you want to hear, it's wrong. That is the current trend of your posts and responses to answers I give you. 

You talk of crashes and posts made 6 months ago. I'm sure you will know from your extensive development knowledge how long it takes to identify bugs and then put in a process to fix them. Let alone gather feedback, technical data and pass those on. For instance, has the chat bug been remedied somewhat or not? 

I repeat, because you seem to have difficulty in interpreting my communication. I didn't threaten to ban you, I told you to follow forum rules, and to stop personal attacks and insulting people. If you're confused as to where these are, whether direct or indirect, please refer above and I will happily find you more. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 05 July 2018 - 08:32 AM.

eekeeboo #54 Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostFranco_Scala, on 05 July 2018 - 05:15 AM, said:

Now, let's see if we can get some sense out of this in three Socratic steps:

1) Is it wise to pour kerosene on unintentional fires?

2) Rocking up and implying there wouldn't be an issue if only people would follow your example in terms of both skill and attitude; could this be insulting and snarky?

3) Is being insulting and snarky with aggravated customers a from of pouring kerosene on fires?

…….are we getting there yet? Or do I, or somebody else suitably qualified, need to do some in-house training for you and the other staff on customer service and brand reputation protection?

Now, you can return back to the 'I'm also a player who can voice his opinions' thing if you want, we can also tell you that's a really bad idea if it means you arguing with customers and hinting at punitive action when you feel insecure.

I don't pull the nonsense on anyone. But I will not be intimidated or bullied by any person or persons into providing information or data I'm not at liberty to do so. A person who cannot refrain from being aggressive, either passive or active at myself or others will not be tolerated. If you can't find yourself capable of forming a post without insulting a person or persons, you need to look at what you're posting and how you say something. For instance, calling people morons because they like something you don't is both arrogant and ignorant and will not be tolerated as per the forum rules. Something clearly stated for all to see and agree to. The day I call someone a moron, you feel free to call me out on it. 

I have a lot of customer service experience, there is a stage though when no matter the customer and the person servicing, you don't tolerate abusive behavior of any form. If you think this is acceptable, I wonder what customer service experience you have and to what extent you tolerated abuse of yourself or the people you were responsible for? 

As for asymmetrical maps: 

1) If a person is on fire and trying to spray kerosene on others in an attempt to provoke a reaction, I will put out the fire before they light the match. 

2) If the maps are being looked at and statistically found to be balanced with no issue, despite personal opinion. Perhaps, just maybe it is the personal approach that is the issue not the map? When a person is unwilling to accept this, at what stage do you continue to help a person when they clearly are unwilling to accept any personal responsibility?

3) Being snarky and aggravating customers is personal perspective. Acting aggressive and abusive towards a person helping you, is that acceptable, responsible or in anyway way the way to deal with a person?

4) Deal with a person how they deal with you and how you would want to be dealt with. Basic common and human principle. 

As for customer service training, tell me, do you teach people to accept abuse and insults when dealing with a customer? I would happily share my experience and teaching of customer servicing from my time training staff also ;) 

If I give you an opinion, I give you my opinion. If i can get the facts and information, I go and get the facts and information. If I tell you that the stats show that the maps are balanced - that is my professional responsibility. If you continue to say they are imbalanced despite evidence, that is now my responsibility personally to help you. If you are refusing to accept EITHER of those and still want to pour kerosene on things to get your way, quite simply, I will remove your kerosene, matches and your presence if you continue to try and aggravate the situation further. 

TLDR: If you don't want to accept facts, you don't want to accept answers both professional or personal, you further don't want to accept help offered by someone with experience, willingness and knowledge. Then quite frankly why are you even here other than to simply complain and insult things, people or the way things are because you don't like them. - That is what feedback threads are for. Which are there, you can go to them, put your opinion and they get passed on. 

Further to this, this is why I have put and been asking for their top 5 requests on what they want in the game on Discord and streams and communities. But clearly all the feedback, passing on, QnA, patch notes, answering forums, teaching new players and old players the things I know are all things that go out the window because a person wants to be right and cannot accept otherwise so instead they insult a persons integrity, skills and knowledge. 

Franco_Scala #55 Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

Taking abuse? Let's be sensible here Eek. Sure, that Clean or anybody else decided to use the term 'moron' is regrettable, but ultimately when customers get aggravated their language can become more colourful. Remember, staff get paid to keep their composure, customers pay you and hope there's no reason to lose it. Overall, it wasn't a biggie, no swearing or particularly personal attacks, though I would hope at some point there can be a mutually respectful exchange of apologies.

Sadly, a lot of people here won't believe evidence without seeing it, just taking your word for it won't be good enough given the sheer volume of experience players have to the contrary. If people are to believe an exceptional claim to the contrary, they're gonna need some exceptional evidence. If WG refuse to give up the stats, they will have to bite the bullet and accept people won't believe it. As for having such a wealth of customer service experience, I wonder how you can become so verbose and wound up over one small remark. If you consider that abuse, walking down the street or switching on your TV might kill you. Spend a day working at your local supermarket customer service desk and you'll have to resolve a lot worse. Emphasis on the word 'resolve'. 

I'm not trying to aggravate this further, I'm hoping to stop this happening...and it has happened quite regularly since you've taken this post. Three times with me, and a handful of other times with others.

No, When I teach customer service in-house I don't teach people to accept abuse. I do teach staff that customers can be quite tetchy when aggravated, but it's very rarely personal. Jumping to claiming it as abuse after first failures to deflect/resolve won't go anywhere. Context is also important: whether you'd like it or not WG/Persha have created a lot of built up resentment over years across various titles. You knew that going into the role, and you must also understand that people aren't going to let that go just because you're a fresh presence. It's hard I know, but you can't dig in on the customer with that.

If your hands are really tied on giving out stats, understandable if so: 'I'm very sorry to tell you all that I'm not in a position to pass on this information. I have however taken note of your grievances and can pass them on to head office/the dev team. As I am unable to provide any more details at this time or be of further assistance I'll be stepping back from this thread unless further needs arise. I understand frustrations can raise tempers, but please try to be polite to staff and each other. Best wishes to all'. - Shabam! Transparency, no ego, all the boxes ticked. Just an idea. And if people continue to jump on the bandwagon, you can continue to process that feedback without putting yourself into it. Ultimately, the forum isn't your mailbox, as I've told you before, and it certainly isn't a physical customer facing desk. When people make these comments, they aren't usually coming at you and trying to take a pound of flesh. You can literally just leave the thread for a few days and work with the team to find a resolution.

Ultimately, if there is this much negative feedback on something, the company will have to do something, even if that action is to retain the asymmetry but find other ways to improve balance. In order to that, it may be helpful to gather feedback on what could be done. - 'At this time, the developers do not wish to remove all asymmetric maps entirely, but we understand player frustrations and wish to work with you to keep the game fun. As experienced players, your feedback is valuable: what alterations could be made to asymmetric maps to keep them strategically engaging whilst ironing out any drawbacks? Thanks for taking the time out, cheers all.' - Again, an alternative route.

I've told you before, if you really feel the need to step up action against me, go for it, it's up to you if you wish to use those tools, but you must understand that I'm not here to aggravate you nor the situation, I'm here because some people have now started contacting me because they don't know what recourse to take with you. That's an issue. Consider my presence here an act of respect to those parties.

eekeeboo #56 Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostFranco_Scala, on 05 July 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

And yet as a representative I have the responsibility to remain rational and civil. That is not a lot to ask of others. Regardless of the situation. This is the forums, this is a communication platform for information. You do not go out of your way to insult another person in whatever fashion because you don't agree with their opinion or the information you have requested. It really does become as simple as that in this instance. 

The ethos "customer is always right" - within the rules and regulations set out, within legal constraints and when they aren't abusing the person trying to help them. Regardless of the use of 1 word "moron" it wasn't directed at just myself, there have been other instances of singular targeted provocation. I have said once, twice and three times plus. DO NOT break the forum rules and all will be well. Calling someone a moron or a liar or inept etc.... those break the forum rules somewhat. Whether you like it or not, those are the rules and people agreed to them. 

There is no defense for abuse or insulting a person, especially not when that person has been asked on multiple occasions, politely and reasonably to not do so. Agree or not? Before we move on to the next part. 

Franco_Scala #57 Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 July 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

And yet as a representative I have the responsibility to remain rational and civil. That is not a lot to ask of others. Regardless of the situation. This is the forums, this is a communication platform for information. You do not go out of your way to insult another person in whatever fashion because you don't agree with their opinion or the information you have requested. It really does become as simple as that in this instance. 

The ethos "customer is always right" - within the rules and regulations set out, within legal constraints and when they aren't abusing the person trying to help them. Regardless of the use of 1 word "moron" it wasn't directed at just myself, there have been other instances of singular targeted provocation. I have said once, twice and three times plus. DO NOT break the forum rules and all will be well. Calling someone a moron or a liar or inept etc.... those break the forum rules somewhat. Whether you like it or not, those are the rules and people agreed to them. 

There is no defense for abuse or insulting a person, especially not when that person has been asked on multiple occasions, politely and reasonably to not do so. Agree or not? Before we move on to the next part. 

Oh, wow, you wish to engage me as a representative of these people, this is...interesting. Ok, sure, I'll agree with you just to see where this rabbit hole goes.

eekeeboo #58 Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostFranco_Scala, on 05 July 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Oh, wow, you wish to engage me as a representative of these people, this is...interesting. Ok, sure, I'll agree with you just to see where this rabbit hole goes.

No I asked you a question on the basis of, if you feel a person has the right to be abusive in certain circumstances, then I felt any further discourse would be futile due to fundamental differences in what is probably culture and what is and isn't acceptable when dealing with others. Identifying issues and differences early is key to helping find middle ground. 

So the furthermore part! 

View PostFranco_Scala, on 05 July 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

I can give the answers I have, repeatedly done so. I have highlighted when and why I haven't been able to give reasons as to such. But this is not acknowledged, so when a person then decides to shift to personal attacks, thus breaking the forum rules because they don't like the answer. That is just the way it is. The forum rules again, if anyone needs to read them again, just in case. There are people who happily skirt the grey line of fine rule dancing, don't break them and all will be well! 

A person in my position isn't in a position to offer services of verbal punching bag, I am here to represent the community, the players and the company. I am a personality, a person and not just a face mask on the brand of Wargaming. I don't know if this is down to misunderstandings on what a community manager or community coordinators are. I can tell you in most instances I have from being involved in gaming for half my current life. That traditionally those people would not even respond and would long ago have just banned the person as per forum rules and moved on. That isn't what I want from the forums, I want informed discussions and constructive criticism and feedback. 

Too long these forums have been a ever present area of insults, trolling and flaming. This must stop and will stop. Though I may not take particular issue with the words and phrases a person uses while addressing me and what they say as well as other players. That does not mean another WG staff or moderator won't, at that instance, that is down to a persons actions in that instance. 

You need only look on my post history to see the amount of times I've repeated that server numbers and other sensitive information will not and cannot be passed on by myself or anyone else other than the person making that decision. That decision is not made by me. I can and have given my opinions and reasons I have had from developers and other staff int he past when I have asked the question, passing these answers on resulted in such instances above, again most people would simply start responding "because". 

The team to find a solution is elsewhere, I am in the Paris office, the development team is in Kiev, this means feedback and processes take more time than you normally would have in such environments and situations. All feedback is passed on, as I highlighted on every thread and will say when I can that it has been. I should not have to repeat the same sentence to the same person about the same action, because that becomes a simple hollow response with no meaning, but a default response with no care or attention to the person. 

The problem with the forums now and in the past, is the nature of them. The forums are a place for, whether liked or not, a place for vocal minority of the player base. It is a place most players will come to complain, not say good things. There are right now 4 users in this forum, there are far more playing right now not saying anything. That is when the same people who do not want to accept the answer given or follow rules, regardless of their person grievances with something because it does not align with their wishes become a problem for myself and these forums. 

Again this is my stance on the issue, I'd happily discuss in PM's further, but this all comes down to the fact. Follow the rules, you'll be fine. Don't ask questions, you don't want the answers to, don't ask for a different answer just because you don't like the one given. 

Franco_Scala #59 Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 July 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

No I asked you a question on the basis of, if you feel a person has the right to be abusive in certain circumstances, then I felt any further discourse would be futile due to fundamental differences in what is probably culture and what is and isn't acceptable when dealing with others. Identifying issues and differences early is key to helping find middle ground. 

So the furthermore part! 

I can give the answers I have, repeatedly done so. I have highlighted when and why I haven't been able to give reasons as to such. But this is not acknowledged, so when a person then decides to shift to personal attacks, thus breaking the forum rules because they don't like the answer. That is just the way it is. The forum rules again, if anyone needs to read them again, just in case. There are people who happily skirt the grey line of fine rule dancing, don't break them and all will be well! 

A person in my position isn't in a position to offer services of verbal punching bag, I am here to represent the community, the players and the company. I am a personality, a person and not just a face mask on the brand of Wargaming. I don't know if this is down to misunderstandings on what a community manager or community coordinators are. I can tell you in most instances I have from being involved in gaming for half my current life. That traditionally those people would not even respond and would long ago have just banned the person as per forum rules and moved on. That isn't what I want from the forums, I want informed discussions and constructive criticism and feedback. 

Too long these forums have been a ever present area of insults, trolling and flaming. This must stop and will stop. Though I may not take particular issue with the words and phrases a person uses while addressing me and what they say as well as other players. That does not mean another WG staff or moderator won't, at that instance, that is down to a persons actions in that instance. 

You need only look on my post history to see the amount of times I've repeated that server numbers and other sensitive information will not and cannot be passed on by myself or anyone else other than the person making that decision. That decision is not made by me. I can and have given my opinions and reasons I have had from developers and other staff int he past when I have asked the question, passing these answers on resulted in such instances above, again most people would simply start responding "because". 

The team to find a solution is elsewhere, I am in the Paris office, the development team is in Kiev, this means feedback and processes take more time than you normally would have in such environments and situations. All feedback is passed on, as I highlighted on every thread and will say when I can that it has been. I should not have to repeat the same sentence to the same person about the same action, because that becomes a simple hollow response with no meaning, but a default response with no care or attention to the person. 

The problem with the forums now and in the past, is the nature of them. The forums are a place for, whether liked or not, a place for vocal minority of the player base. It is a place most players will come to complain, not say good things. There are right now 4 users in this forum, there are far more playing right now not saying anything. That is when the same people who do not want to accept the answer given or follow rules, regardless of their person grievances with something because it does not align with their wishes become a problem for myself and these forums. 

Again this is my stance on the issue, I'd happily discuss in PM's further, but this all comes down to the fact. Follow the rules, you'll be fine. Don't ask questions, you don't want the answers to, don't ask for a different answer just because you don't like the one given. 

Oh I think there's a lot of misunderstanding on what it means to be a community manager or a 'personality', and what that supposedly means. I won't take up your offer to continue this in a PM, though I do genuinely appreciate you extending that out if it's sincere. I've already covered some of these things in past posts, and there's no point me spending all day engaging as an emissary for all persons in a thread. As for the nature of the forum, yeah, it's a reflection of the same crap that goes on in game, I'm aware of it and generally don't condone it either. I'll leave it at that.

Clean #60 Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
So to clarify are you refusing to release the statistics or is WG refusing?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users