Some questions about bombs

Bombs

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ollonborre #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha Tester
  • 27 battles

Hello, first post and topic for that matter in the forum. I started playing this game just a couple of days ago and so far I enjoy it. I started playing around with ground attackers and bombers, however I have some questions about bombs, atleast on ground attackers or heavy fighters.

- Is there a way to reload bombs without dropping every single one, or have I just not found the button for it?

- Bombs atleast on ground attackers on low tiers does not feel that useful. The blast radius is nice but since you only have around 5 at most and guns don't require you to be right on top of your target they don't feel much of a complement if I'm honest.

- And atleast on the lowtiers bombs have such a massive cooldown I barely bother to use them anyways.

I am fully aware I'm probably missing a lot of stuff or something that becomes obvious after a couple of hundred games or finding more info.

little_overdoze_one #2 Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

Airman Basic

• 219 battles

Bombs and rockets reload after all was uses.
Reload take for GAA 90s if my brain dont tricks me.
For bombers its shorter.

Drop the bomb when the white circle aims at the target u want to bomb.
And in the details, u see the blast radius and the damage, if u set the bomb in the middle of a complex, the damage will be divided threw the targets in it.

Edit: and guns are usefull, especially the high caliber cannons

Edited by little_overdoze_one, 28 May 2018 - 08:29 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #3 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2281 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

You didn't play bombers but heavy fighters, and Fw 57 indeed has long cooldown, although 6 bombs allow to score some points.

Your only GAA is TSh-3, and it should reload bombs much faster.

BTW - are you from Czech Republic or from Slovakia (or use Czech localized game client)?

ollonborre #4 Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha Tester
  • 27 battles

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 28 May 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

You didn't play bombers but heavy fighters, and Fw 57 indeed has long cooldown, although 6 bombs allow to score some points.

Your only GAA is TSh-3, and it should reload bombs much faster.

BTW - are you from Czech Republic or from Slovakia (or use Czech localized game client)?

Right with closer inspection you are correct. I had a quick glance and wrongfully assumed I was going for groundattackers. And yes the TSh-3 reloads bombs in around 60-70 sec if I'm not mistaken which is workable.

And no I'm not from the Czech Republic, and from what I know my client should just be bog standard Europe.

Grumpy_Guts #5 Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5268 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Is it just me or are these defence bots programmed to fly within bomb trap range but stay immune to any damage ?  

Isoruku_Yamamoto #6 Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2065 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGrumpy_Guts, on 03 June 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Is it just me or are these defence bots programmed to fly within bomb trap range but stay immune to any damage ?  

Dont know, but in my ILs i have more kills on humans than on bots, thats for sure XD

jakub_czyli_ja #7 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2281 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2
Bots seem to be programmed to avoid bombtraps as well as not go head on against plane carrying rockets.

Grumpy_Guts #8 Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 5268 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Seems that way have little trouble catching the odd human player now and then, but AI defence aircraft do not think in all my battles have ever bomb trapped a single one !!!

With there uncanny ability to hit you from any and all angles and with the over the top flak it is a wonder any GAA having eventually reached a target zone having gingerly dodged any and every thing out to shoot them down can manage ( in some battles not all ) to do any worthwhile damage and get out.

Do not know about some aircraft being OP some bases are in most battles as a GAA. 

eekeeboo #9 Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4143 battles
I will double check this information. The last I was aware the Enemy team bots do register your movements and actions. So will read your use of a bomb to trap as soon as you drop it. This is why long range rockets and short shotgun rockets work best. Just in case anyone didn't know. ADA do not do this. 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #10 Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2065 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 June 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

I will double check this information. The last I was aware the Enemy team bots do register your movements and actions. So will read your use of a bomb to trap as soon as you drop it. This is why long range rockets and short shotgun rockets work best. Just in case anyone didn't know. ADA do not do this. 

But thats unfair right- humans cant do this either. Also, in the case of rockets it simply means auto dodge due to the rocket acceleration/ velocity model (look it up, its highly unfavourable to this situation). 
Bomb traps really have 0 chance against bots either, since they nearly teleport the second you drop. A human would have to detect the bomb or rockets first, then figure out which action to take- even if hes highly trained that takes half a second, which makes the difference between a full dodge and some serious damage. 

It is fine that bots would react to rockets and bombs, but not before they can reasonably detect them. Is it not possible to implement a small delay- say 200ms (thats even very fast for humans)- such that you still get some chance? 

Procrastes #11 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 89 battles

Pardon the question, but what is a "bomb trap"?

Do you fly low with someone on your tail and drop a bomb to try and catch him in the blast radius, or what?

Grumpy_Guts #12 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:44 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 5268 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Yep that is the idea, have to compensate for aircraft type prop/jet but nice when they happen.

Grumpy_Guts #13 Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:10 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 5268 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Do not try it against BOTS as they have an uncanny second sense and miraculously can read your mind and avoid said bomb trap but still blast you, you will only be wasting your bombs.   

Isoruku_Yamamoto #14 Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2065 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGrumpy_Guts, on 18 June 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

Do not try it against BOTS as they have an uncanny second sense and miraculously can read your mind and avoid said bomb trap but still blast you, you will only be wasting your bombs.   

Yeah- thats freaking unfair. Even more so with rocket armament

Those bot mechs have to be solved so that they become fair, this is a bit like as if WoT would have bots (which they dont in the first place) shooting at bushes based on tracers

Grumpy_Guts #15 Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 5268 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 18 June 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Yeah- thats freaking unfair. Even more so with rocket armament

Those bot mechs have to be solved so that they become fair, this is a bit like as if WoT would have bots (which they dont in the first place) shooting at bushes based on tracers

Yep very true, have no problem shooting bots with guns/rockets but catching them with bomb trap should be sorted fast, as is important and vital with so so many defence bots in game.

Thought they were put there to make numbers up not have so much influence on deciding a players fun and enjoyment level or I should say making it non existent.

Do like a challenge in games and do not want an easy ride or no point in playing any online game, but come on these bots are getting out of hand with there programmed antics and it is not good for the game.   

Also tagged with Bombs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users